Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spent ur Legion 100 Boost on a class you didn't like? Well here is a fix to that.

I just discovered something and I am not 100% sure why it happen but here is my story.

Awhile back I pre-ordered Legion thought Blizzard and boosted a hunter. I got a refund at a later date and it locked the charater (I knew it would). They informed me to unlock the charater I must buy Legion again at any point.

Well today I had the spare cash and finally said fuck it and pre-ordered legion. The difference this time was I pre-ordered Legion (Digital Code download) via gamestops website. When I applyed the code I notice it didn't unlock the hunter and gave me a level 100 charater boost.

So from my experince I can confirm if you buy legion from a different source you should have the charater boost. I can not confirm this will work for everyone but it happen to me. So now ill be deleting my hunter and making something else.

Not sure if this breaks any kind of ToS or anything since all you would be doing is canceling X pre-order and getting it somewhere else.

Now I do not think buying more copys of legion gives more boosts, But I do think if u had a charater locked and go to pre-order again from somewhere else you will get a token boost like you never had one before.

Just passing this along to help, If this breaks any rules mods feel free to close the thread.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-25 at 10:08 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

thats not a fix, thats buying the game again, and boosting another toon.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that for every copy of Legion you buy you get a boost. Someone correct me if that's wrong. But every bought copy of Legion implies a different account. I have no idea if you can move boosted characters onto the same account though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I was under the impression that for every copy of Legion you buy you get a boost. Someone correct me if that's wrong. But every bought copy of Legion implies a different account. I have no idea if you can move boosted characters onto the same account though.
    On your account no. They stated with WOD they buying more then one copy doesn't give you more then one boost. It was to keep people from spending $50 for a $60 service.

I even pre-orderd again (before this one) from blizzard and all it did was unlock my hunter.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I find it disgusting that you actually believe leveling to 100 is worth any amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    I find it disgusting that you actually believe leveling to 100 is worth any amount of money.
    Never said I did, I don't think its a bad service but I do think its overpriced.

Thats a different topic for a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    On your account no. They stated with WOD they buying more then one copy doesn't give you more then one boost. It was to keep people from spending $50 for a $60 service.
    Actually, that's backwards.

The $60 service is to disincentivize people buying multiple copies and using character transfers to obtain boosts.

Deleted
    I've bought 2 digital copies of Legion and received 2 boosts. You can also choose which account to use the boost on, I used both on my main account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've bought 2 digital copies of Legion and received 2 boosts. You can also choose which account to use the boost on, I used both on my main account.
    where can i buy the code digitally online ?, i am under the impression if i buy it again in wow store i wont be able to get another boost

Well didn't they said that if you boost a char you have a trial period of time before you confirm the boost, so you can play it a bit trough the starting experience and then decide if you want to keep it or delete and try another one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Well didn't they said that if you boost a char you have a trial period of time before you confirm the boost, so you can play it a bit trough the starting experience and then decide if you want to keep it or delete and try another one?
    I don't think so... I wish. But I have a second DK I'd get rid of. I distinctively remember it saying "Cannot be reversed or undone" or I would've done it a long time ago because we tri-spec that second DK became pointless. Making it a waste.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

I boosted a rogue and wish I hadn't tbh. Ah well

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That's not possible. People bought multiple copies to boost multiple characters to then transfer them to their main account. To discourage that and make it an easier process, paid boosts were introduced. Being able to buy multiple copies to boost multiple chars on one account is simply impossible and would defeat the purpose of the paid boost (Legion is cheaper then a boost).

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Well I just checked. And in the bliz support service you can click "character boost reversal" even though they said its non reversible before. Maybe they changed their mind. I doubt it'll work for mine... I did run a couple old raids and played like 8 hours... meh....
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

I know a better bug, if you buy legion expansion, then transfer your boosted char to a non legion account, you will keep your boosted char and get another boost from the acc you bought legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I already have every class at 93+ except for hunter and warlock, on both factions. If they give a free boost for the expansion after Legion I might not have anything to use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Well, time is money. Even if it just takes you 5 hours to level from 1 to 100, look at it like this:

(your hourly salary) X 5 (time to level from 1 to 100)= X (some number most likely greater than the 60$ that the boost costs). So unless you make 12$/hr or less, it is technically "worth it" to buy the boost.

That being said, I wouldn't buy because I play for fun. If I don't enjoy leveling the class, I most likely won't enjoy playing that class at end game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I already have every class at 93+ except for hunter and warlock, on both factions. If they give a free boost for the expansion after Legion I might not have anything to use it on.
    I had a similar problem. I used to start a toon on a new server to check it out. It turned out to not be worth it because they start you with so little gold that it is difficult to get up and running on a new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Well, time is money. Even if it just takes you 5 hours to level from 1 to 100, look at it like this:

(your hourly salary) X 5 (time to level from 1 to 100)= X (some number most likely greater than the 60$ that the boost costs). So unless you make 12$/hr or less, it is technically "worth it" to buy the boost.

That being said, I wouldn't buy because I play for fun. If I don't enjoy leveling the class, I most likely won't enjoy playing that class at end game.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a similar problem. I used to start a toon on a new server to check it out. It turned out to not be worth it because they start you with so little gold that it is difficult to get up and running on a new server.

I agree with you on leveling for fun. However if you are playing at 9pm usually you wouldn't be working those times.. it's not like you are giving up hours of work for play time..However you could make your own business and work a second job

10+ Year Old Account
    Each license you attach a copy of Legion to will grant a 100 boost for that license.

Same thing with the WoD 90 boost.

You're then free to pay for a transfer from one account to another.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's not possible. People bought multiple copies to boost multiple characters to then transfer them to their main account. To discourage that and make it an easier process, paid boosts were introduced. Being able to buy multiple copies to boost multiple chars on one account is simply impossible and would defeat the purpose of the paid boost (Legion is cheaper then a boost).
    It is possible, at least with the Legion pre-order. I boosted a Warlock when I upgraded my main account, then boosted a Rogue when I upgraded the second account. They give you the option to use the boost on any account so I was able to boost the Rogue on my main account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    You're then free to pay for a transfer from one account to another.
    You don't even have to do that, you can choose which account to use the boost on. I've used 2 upgrade boosts on the same account.