Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    For the record, a total of currently 10M unsubbed. I think you underestimate how many people do not like the current game.
    That's why they create expansions and new content. For people to enjoy. And why they change things from expansion to expansion. They shit the bed with WoD. They know that. I would bet Legion will be much more successful than WoD. It'd be hard not to. Ask them to make better new content, they can't go back in time and give the legacy server crowd what they truly want so as a community the only option we have is to ask for better NEW content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    For the record, a total of currently 10M unsubbed. I think you underestimate how many people do not like the current game.
    More than 10 million have unsubbed, 12k maximum was the most concurrent subscribers. Over the course of WoW's history it has probably been through over 30-40 million active paid accounts, so that number is probably MUCH higher. You're forgetting that's over a period of 11 years and over multiple expansions, the game is old as fuck at this point.. I mean it's no surprise people are leaving the game, it's over a decade old! MMOs have been dwindling for years and for once, World of Warcraft isn't the exception. This was bound to happen over time, nothing lasts forever.

It's hardly even a case of people not liking it at this stage, it's the fact the game is old and eventually needs to die off. I think people just have a hard time letting go and retaliate with nostalgia arguments, in which they have a hard time letting go of the game they once loved. Life man, move on.

So saying I underestimate how many people don't like the current game is pretty silly. Lots of people like the current game, it's just not worth the money to pay for something they have paid for over a decade, which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kosta View Post
    Add to that the several million who no longer play and would subscribe again and pay actual money for that classic experience of a time release server.
    Where'd you get the "several million" from?

Quote Originally Posted by pldcanfly View Post
    Sarcasm: Monk is the least played class? Why are they investing money to make them better?
    What a dumbass analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    So basically, they want to give us current WoW but slow down the leveling, remove the possibility of server transfers, and remove our ability to pay for a sub with ingame gold.
    Why would literally anyone think this is a good idea? Why is ANYONE being fooled by this?
    fool1
    fo͞ol/Submit
    verb
    past tense: fooled; past participle: fooled
    trick or deceive (someone); dupe.

There is no "fooled" party here. They have come forward and EXPLICITLY given you information on what they are potentially prepared to offer.

fool (fo͞ol)
    n.
    1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

There does appear to be one of those here though.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    His entire post history is him insulting other people - pay no attention to him
    Yup! Just went through it and read some :/ I guess the infractions will pile up and he will get banned, at least I hope so

Here's what I remember about playing a vanilla holy paladin:

1) Download decursive to dispel for you
    2) Download Pally Power to buff for you (buffs were only 5 minutes long and needed to be applied individually to all 40 raid members)
    3) In Molten Core, stay out of range of the boss so you didn't get put into combat and you could rez people infinitely while they smashed their faces against the boss. Bosses (except for Rag) each had about 2 mechanics that they cycled through until they died.

I guess people miss this?

Dont get me wrong, BWL was a lot better, but rep grinding thorium brotherhood rep was NOT fun. Gathering mats to improve your Fire Resistance was NOT fun.

Caster gear in initial Vanilla only had Int/Stam on it, which did nothing to increase your spell power, it only slightly increased your crit and mana. It wasn't until they released Dire Maul that they added some spell power to caster gear.

Playing a warlock in vanilla was just spec SM/Ruin and spam shadow bolt constantly.

WoW today has a ton of problems (a TON), but lets not pretend like Vanilla WoW was the epitome of gaming.

"there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server."

Wrong, oh so wrong. They can impose all sorts of restrictions in granting a license... this is done ALL THE TIME. Not to mention that if a license is granted, it's no longer a "pirate" server. This is the very key to why the rest of what was said is just so much BS spin, it all SOUNDS nice and accommodating, but the bottom line is nothing is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    You're right, you're the majority of 3 million of idiots that remain giving money to Blizzard and polishing their cocks. The smart 9 million of players who actually wanted a good game are long gone.
    Gratz on finally understanding what majority means. So why aren't you long gone?

"Prestine".. Is nothing like Vanilla.. Just turning off exp shit lol tf

Ah sorry I didn't realise you could pull magic salary numbers out of your arse.
    One-hundred thousand a month is 1.2 million a year. Let's use your quoted employee number of 4700. The average salary of a game designer is between $40K and $60K from Recruiter up to $70K to $90K. Since this is Blizzard, let's go with a figure of $65K which is on the higher end of the starting salaries.

Blizzard would need 305.5 million George Washingtons to pay all of those salaries if forced to in a lump sum. If the Nostalrius server really had 150K people paying at a rate of $15 a month, they would have made a solid 27 million for the year, which is a whopping 8.84% of the necessary money just to pay the employee salaries. This is excluding the people needing to be hired to keep the server(s) maintained and running, the overhead costs of electricity, water, heat, internet, space, air and the costs needed to actually get the servers up and running.

I see there's no group finder on the proposed realm. That should be catnip for the nostalgists...standing around shouting in Ironforge is what made communities great.
    Nothing better than seeing 'LF1M UBRS, HAVE KEY' in trade chat become 'LF7M UBRS, HAVE KEY' because six randos were tired of waiting. Truly, it was the best of times.

the fact alone that you name a raid as like it will be peoples main activity, shows how far you are from vanilla philosophy. Let me tell you, vast majority of players didn't give a shit about raiding... and of course never used a single raid to describe the state of the content.
    The reason people didn't give a shit about raiding is the same reason people still don't give a shit about it today: it's a bitch to prepare for. It had nothing to do with some mysterious 'philosophy' or 'ethos' or bullshit like that. The more I hear garbage like this, the more I'm convinced that the vast majority of people who want these legacy servers are just World of Warcraft hipster douches who just want something to feel like special snowflakes about.

I can't believe they shut it down just to say it would be too hard to do haha.
    Seriously, how many of you guys are still in high school or graduated while never taking a STEM course or two? I'm extremely curious because it would explain why so many people think running a quality server is just this stupidly easy, plug-n-play process when it couldn't be further from the truth.

3 million is a more accurate number. 3 million of idiots who are still supporting a game that another 9 million have already abandoned thanks to how shit it is. YOU are the minority here.

Truth hurts huh?
    First, more than twelve million people have played this game and you're an idiot for thinking the sub curve is an indicator for all the people who have ever played the game.

Second, you are assuming those 'nine million', which is likely upwards of twenty million easily, would all come back for these legacy servers. I know plenty of people who played during Classic and quit, plenty who played during BC and quit, plenty who played during every iteration of the game and quit because they didn't like it. These same people would not come back simply because Classic servers exist because they didn't like the game itself.

Lastly, I am seriously impressed by how many people like you showed up in this thread and proceeded to provide all the proof that your camp is everything people complain it is: full of loud-mouthed, rude butt-hats that constantly need to employ mental gymnastics while simultaneously shitting on anyone who even thinks of disagreeing with you. We're not against legacy servers, we're against assholes who are so insecure that they feel the need to insult anyone who disagrees with them while performing Olympic level mental gymnastics to even attempt to give their point credence. Hats off, guys. I thought the Adventure Time and Steven Universe fans were officially the worst online communities, but you have managed to put the WoW community back on top. Gold medals all around.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    More than 10 million have unsubbed, 12k maximum was the most concurrent subscribers. Over the course of WoW's history it has probably been through over 30-40 million active paid accounts, so that number is probably MUCH higher. You're forgetting that's over a period of 11 years and over multiple expansions, the game is old as fuck at this point.. I mean it's no surprise people are leaving the game, it's over a decade old! MMOs have been dwindling for years and for once, World of Warcraft isn't the exception. This was bound to happen over time, nothing lasts forever.

It's hardly even a case of people not liking it at this stage, it's the fact the game is old and eventually needs to die off. I think people just have a hard time letting go and retaliate with nostalgia arguments, in which they have a hard time letting go of the game they once loved. Life man, move on.

So saying I underestimate how many people don't like the current game is pretty silly. Lots of people like the current game, it's just not worth the money to pay for something they have paid for over a decade, which is fair enough.
    You just assume a lot of shit and present them as facts. Stop posting please.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    fool1
    fo͞ol/Submit
    verb
    past tense: fooled; past participle: fooled
    trick or deceive (someone); dupe.

There is no "fooled" party here. They have come forward and EXPLICITLY given you information on what they are potentially prepared to offer.

fool (fo͞ol)
    n.
    1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

There does appear to be one of those here though.
    They are prepared to offer us a slowdown to getting to our Garrisons/Class Halls by like a couple days? At the cost of losing our ability to pay for subs with gold?
    Thanks Blizzard? Keep up with the insults, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    So basically, they want to give us current WoW but slow down the leveling, remove the possibility of server transfers, and remove our ability to pay for a sub with ingame gold.
    Why would literally anyone think this is a good idea? Why is ANYONE being fooled by this?

This. People aren't petitioning to have access to servers without features Blizzard implemented themselves. They're petitioning for access to servers that run on older content with era-appropriate gear values, talents and balancing. Alot of people mention how this feels like a distraction. The idea of Pristine Servers isn't even remotely close to what the petitioners actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its way too much work, so much work that a handful of guys made a fully functional vanilla wow server with thousands of active players that was stable and nearly exploit free in what can only be described as their free time.
    That's the pickle with their statement.

Deleted
    And what exactly are you doing? You're literally typing one random sentence at a time that holds no significance to anything.. You don't even understand the word majority, then come back and say something like that. Classic dude

Kind of like you with your flawed logic crap huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aerosyne View Post
    Lastly, I am seriously impressed by how many people like you showed up in this thread and proceeded to provide all the proof that your camp is everything people complain it is: full of loud-mouthed, rude butt-hats that constantly need to employ mental gymnastics while simultaneously shitting on anyone who even thinks of disagreeing with you. We're not against legacy servers, we're against assholes who are so insecure that they feel the need to insult anyone who disagrees with them while performing Olympic level mental gymnastics to even attempt to give their point credence. Hats off, guys. I thought the Adventure Time and Steven Universe fans were officially the worst online communities, but you have managed to put the WoW community back on top. Gold medals all around.
    100% this, put perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by aerosyne View Post
    One-hundred thousand a month is 1.2 million a year. Let's use your quoted employee number of 4700. The average salary of a game designer is between $40K and $60K from Recruiter up to $70K to $90K. Since this is Blizzard, let's go with a figure of $65K which is on the higher end of the starting salaries.

Blizzard would need 305.5 million George Washingtons to pay all of those salaries if forced to in a lump sum. If the Nostalrius server really had 150K people paying at a rate of $15 a month, they would have made a solid 27 million for the year, which is a whopping 8.84% of the necessary money just to pay the employee salaries. This is excluding the people needing to be hired to keep the server(s) maintained and running, the overhead costs of electricity, water, heat, internet, space, air and the costs needed to actually get the servers up and running.

Nothing better than seeing 'LF1M UBRS, HAVE KEY' in trade chat become 'LF7M UBRS, HAVE KEY' because six randos were tired of waiting. Truly, it was the best of times.

The reason people didn't give a shit about raiding is the same reason people still don't give a shit about it today: it's a bitch to prepare for. It had nothing to do with some mysterious 'philosophy' or 'ethos' or bullshit like that. The more I hear garbage like this, the more I'm convinced that the vast majority of people who want these legacy servers are just World of Warcraft hipster douches who just want something to feel like special snowflakes about.

Seriously, how many of you guys are still in high school or graduated while never taking a STEM course or two? I'm extremely curious because it would explain why so many people think running a quality server is just this stupidly easy, plug-n-play process when it couldn't be further from the truth.

First, more than twelve million people have played this game and you're an idiot for thinking the sub curve is an indicator for all the people who have ever played the game.

Second, you are assuming those 'nine million', which is likely upwards of twenty million easily, would all come back for these legacy servers. I know plenty of people who played during Classic and quit, plenty who played during BC and quit, plenty who played during every iteration of the game and quit because they didn't like it. These same people would not come back simply because Classic servers exist because they didn't like the game itself.

3 paragraphs ending with some random shit about adventure time shows how much my post triggered you. Truth hurts doesn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    That's the pickle with their statement.
    This is exactly what I thought as well. From the 30'ish volunteers doing this as a hobby compared to Blizzard's team, this comment makes no sense