Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard still not getting it. People are looking for nostalgia and the old class design, old engine, old world like it was in 2005. Not a slower version of WoD/Legion stripped of all QoL features. FailFish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    3 paragraphs ending some random shit about adventure time shows how much my post triggered you. Truth hurts doesn't it?
    This guy needs a ban ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Please don't post about moderation.

Quick! ban him!I don't feel well when someone reminds me how much of an idiot I am for paying $15 a month to have bags of shit dumped into my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Got any numbers to back that up?. Because going back from Wrath-Cata when it peaked at 12 mill and using Q4 as a margin only 6.5 unsubbed between its peak and WoD.
    I think we peaked at 12-13 million during Wrath and into the start of Cata. Cata lost *a lot* of sub's because we went from pretty laid back to difficult (a stupid decision, in my opinion).

Now we're, at most, at 3-4 million'ish. That's not something I'd brag about. WoW was not "episodic" -- they moved to that philosophy. They players just adapted. If 10 million haven't unsubbed, it's damn close. At *least* 8 million have. Blizzard stopped reporting sub counts at around the 5.5 million mark (and that was Nov 2015) and there's been no dispute that subs have gone down, the question is -- by how much? Plenty of people are aiming at the 4 million mark, some are going as low as 3 million. Not many think higher than 4.5 million.

In my opinion, and not related to your discussion, it must be nice to be able to shrug off a few million bucks and tell your boss "meh, it's just a few million sub, nbd". This is, basically, what they do now compared to what it used to be about. They got what they asked for. It might not have been what they wanted but it certainly was what they asked for.

Personally, I think they are foolish not to bring back legacy servers. Basically they are saying everyone else is smarter than their dev team (I can see that considering the SoO dev team and the WoD dev team seem to be just as slow, making me think few there have a clue as to what they are doing compared to SC2, Diablo, Hearthstone, etc -- everyone else's dev team).

The real fun question would be: which legacy server would get more people? Vanilla, BC, or Wrath? Or maybe MoP? I'm pretty confident Cata and WoD (once legion launches) won't be top of anything.

One of the *very* nice things is you'd finally have stabilized PvP. You know you're not going to be yanked around next expansion. You know there isn't going to be a major patch to nerf you "to the ground". You *know* where you stand and that the dev's aren't going to go from one extreme to the other like a bipolar child that's borderline autistic and then told to "deal with it until next expansion when we can rework it entirely". Sure, this may mean some classes will be op as fuck but at least you can *plan* around that or join it. Warlocks won't go from God Tier to shit to God Tier at each phase of the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    Quick! ban him!I don't feel well when someone reminds me how much of an idiot I am for paying $15 a month to have bags of shit dumped into my mouth!
    I thought I was paying 10 quid a month to play a game. Still waiting on the poop to be thrown into my mouth.

More than 10 million have unsubbed, 12k maximum was the most concurrent subscribers. Over the course of WoW's history it has probably been through over 30-40 million active paid accounts, so that number is probably MUCH higher. You're forgetting that's over a period of 11 years and over multiple expansions, the game is old as fuck at this point.. I mean it's no surprise people are leaving the game, it's over a decade old! MMOs have been dwindling for years and for once, World of Warcraft isn't the exception. This was bound to happen over time, nothing lasts forever.

It's hardly even a case of people not liking it at this stage, it's the fact the game is old and eventually needs to die off. I think people just have a hard time letting go and retaliate with nostalgia arguments, in which they have a hard time letting go of the game they once loved. Life man, move on.

So saying I underestimate how many people don't like the current game is pretty silly. Lots of people like the current game, it's just not worth the money to pay for something they have paid for over a decade, which is fair enough.
    Your post proves me more right. Thanks

I started when WoW was first released in Europe and I've been through all the vanilla patches. Every patch there was a change to some mechanic or class to either improve or nerf so those saying vanilla was best at talking crap because every patch was a constant change, not even vanilla was vanilla by the end. Also, the reason why things were harder then was because most people were new and didn't really understand their own class mechanics/fellow class mechanics/boss mechanics. Those have all been done to death over the years in guild movies and twitch streaming etc. I am pretty sure there is none of the vanilla crowd who don't know the fights of MC/BWL etc. You've already seen it everything once or more, so you've already destroyed 25-50%% of what made vanilla good for yourself....the unknown/new feel. What gameplay/fun did vanilla have that is not community based/required and is missing from live? Personally, I'm going to say nothing.

I think what everybody is actually really missing and is exactly why Nost was shutdown, is the community go too big and vocal. They had the community feeling back, which I will admit is missing from retail. Their idea for 'pristine' servers might actually bring some of that community feeling back and I think that would be enough for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    This!

Theres no way Id want to go back to the old days of wow. Nostalgia and rose tinted specs seem to be helluva common. Honestly when you actually start listing all the improvements to the game since vanilla, you see why it should stay dead, and why only folk who have essentially pirated the game play on these servers.

The sheer amount of people clouded by nostalgia is staggering and stupifying all at once. MADNESS!!

Take your vanilla servers and ram em. And Im sorry but I dont buy into "I want 40 man raids" or "everything was harder, thus more fun" BS either.
    If WoW were "better" you'd not need to dream of nostalgic vanilla. "The sheer amount" only reflects how many people who're not enjoying the current WoW, who remember the fresh feeling when they started playing the game for the first time.

Also, WoW were new and fresh to many people in vanilla but with every new expansion, the amount of people unhappy grows. We're now at the turning point where more people (of which some doesn't even play) is unhappy than happy with the current state of WoW. Some might say that WotLK ruined WoW, others that Cata did. If there was a WotLK server, you'd still have a "wrath ruined everything"-group. None of the groups are happy with current WoW so they've united behind that simple fact. This makes the "unhappy"-group way more vocal and it doesn't necessarily reflect the size of the problem.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Got any numbers to back that up?. Because going back from Wrath-Cata when it peaked at 12 mill and using Q4 as a margin only 6.5 unsubbed between its peak and WoD.
    Got any numbers to back that up with? You don't because subscriber numbers are so low that Blizz has decided to stop reporting them. Its bad, real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Got any numbers to back that up with? You don't because subscriber numbers are so low that Blizz has decided to stop reporting them. Its bad, real bad.
    Like I said I was using q4 as a marginal example. Let's say even if it's at 3-4 mil still isn't 10 million. The q4 numbers is the closest estimate we have because like you said they don't report them anymore. I wouldn't probably use it realistically I'd say personally wow is at 4-4.5 million but just guessing at that point. Both mine and the person I was discussing with's numbers are guesses at this point to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mopkins View Post
    WoW today has a ton of problems (a TON), but lets not pretend like Vanilla WoW was the epitome of gaming.
    Vanilla was heavily, heavily flawed. But the flaws came from a Game Company who were still learning their craft in the MMORPG genre. Compare that to the flaws of today that is 12 years later and what is there 5th expansion for that same game.

Some things are definitely a burden in Vanilla Content. But in the end i enjoyed it more than raid logging and doing daily quests for reputation. If i wanted to grind Rep, i grinded rep. I grinded AV Rep at level 54 during my stay at Nost for the 2% dodge on the Exalted trinket. I was a free kill on my own, so i served as a slower, made rogues bleed and did the quests to help boost forces. And i felt awesome doing it all. Grinding Order of the Awakened rep? I couldn't. I logged in, garrisoned, and felt no motivation to get it, because it felt worthless to me.

I thought I was paying 10 quid a month to play a game. Still waiting on the poop to be thrown into my mouth.
    "hmmm, hmm, umm, delicious, this turd labeled 'garrisons' tastes really good, umm, this 'selfie camera' shit is so tasty, hmm, yum, oh boy this new bag of shit labeled 'class order halls garrison missions' must taste like some really good shit! only $50? no problem, dump that shit down my throat yum" - you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Your post proves me more right. Thanks
    You're oblivious obvious to logic, also you missed the point. But sure, please think it's just about right or wrong
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-04-26 at 03:50 PM.

You're obvious obvious to logic
    What? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Vanilla was heavily, heavily flawed. But the flaws came from a Game Company who were still learning their craft in the MMORPG genre. Compare that to the flaws of today that is 12 years later and what is there 5th expansion for that same game.

Some things are definitely a burden in Vanilla Content. But in the end i enjoyed it more than raid logging and doing daily quests for reputation. If i wanted to grind Rep, i grinded rep. I grinded AV Rep at level 54 during my stay at Nost for the 2% dodge on the Exalted trinket. I was a free kill on my own, so i served as a slower, made rogues bleed and did the quests to help boost forces. And i felt awesome doing it all. Grinding Order of the Awakened rep? I couldn't. I logged in, garrisoned, and felt no motivation to get it, because it felt worthless to me.
    Show me those vanilla flaws and tell me they come anywhere near close to being as hurtful to the game as anything after mid-WOTLK has been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    It's not comparable. Legion will have 1/10th of the grind vanilla had to max out your character. I'll check out ESO, thanks.
    See i disagree but hey its all opinion based .My self i see ive got atleast 6 month of grinding and progression on just one toon and thats not uncluding raiding and keystones what will go on through out the expansion. I'm also an alt player so ye im pretty much set for 2 years and id like to think will be getting new content within that time.

I spent half a year grinding to 60 in vanila but when i did it again cough nostralius cough i did it in 5 weeks so you need to take into fact we as gamers have gotten very experienced and we can find out everything we need to know before we even log into wow from wowhead and other sources. Legion is a good solid expansion the best ive seen since tbc (wasnt a fan or wrath dont shoot) Its got crap loads of content and grinds plus engaging gameplay that promotes grouping so im very happy and the new idea of a prestien server is like the gravy onto of a nice sunday roast and if thei do them then i would actually reroll because there taking aspects out of the game i hate but i get to enjoy all the new stuff and progress the story.

Two (pve/pvp) eight month rolling progression servers are the way to go (up until wrath - then it stops) along with two locked at vanilla realms (pvp/pve). Does it get them back 6 million subs? Nope. But it brings back 10's of thousands of players for the long haul. Reboot these new servers as if they are starting wow all over again. Best of the best comps, the whole nine yards.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft: HARDCORE EDITION

NO EXP BOOSTS
    NO STATS ON YOUR GEAR
    NO TALENTS
    NO ABILITIES
    NO FUN
    NO GLYPHS
    NO TIER SETS
    NO FUN
    ABSOLUTELY NO FUN WHATSOEVER, YOU WILL STRUGGLE THE ENTIRE WAY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE DID BACK IN THE DAY

*MANLY GRUNT*

COMING TO AN EXPANSION NEAR YOU, AUGUST 2016

Jokes aside, the allure (sp) of Iron Man is basically the same as Hardcore on Diablo. Once you die (which is easily trackable if you try to cheat) that's it, game over. This pristine crap is Blizzard realising they can milk "Vanilla enthusiasts" for some quick ez cash, then shut the whole thing down after 6 months or so.

The few smart "Vanilla enthusiasts" posting the realities of this announcement are being drowned by people wanking over the chance to spend a month levelling a Warrior because they have to eat every other mob

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    What? /10char
    *obvious oblivious, I guess.