Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really don't understand the "it's a lot of work and not worth it" argument. if a small random group of people can run a vanilla server, why can't multi-billionaire blizz do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    They are prepared to offer us a slowdown to getting to our Garrisons/Class Halls by like a couple days? At the cost of losing our ability to pay for subs with gold?
    Thanks Blizzard? Keep up with the insults, though.
    You only want it your way or no way. If they gave you a Vanilla server it ALSO wouldn't be something you could pay for with a token.

What is your malfunction? Is it basic comprehension?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I really don't understand the "it's a lot of work and not worth it" argument. if a small random group of people can run a vanilla server, why can't multi-billionaire blizz do the same?
    Because a small random group gets 0 dollars, and their engineers get 120,000 dollars.

Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    Because they refuse to admit that current WoW isn't the pinnacle of the game and the only version worth playing. Just look at the idea they threw out there. All it is, is current WoW with slower leveling and the inability to pay for a sub with gold. It's just current WoW but slower and you have to pay them more.
    They could create legacy servers. This is a problem where the solution is just throw some money into hiring a few new people.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    "hmmm, hmm, umm, delicious, this turd labeled 'garrisons' tastes really good, umm, this 'selfie camera' shit is so tasty, hmm, yum, oh boy this new bag of shit labeled 'class order halls garrison missions' must taste like some really good shit! only $50? no problem, dump that shit down my throat yum" - you
    Well actually it was 34 quid over here. Also I still don't remember eating any poo during Warlords. I mean sure it wasn't the best expansion but unless I was drugged and had it shoved into me while I was out cold well...

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    You only want it your way or no way. If they gave you a Vanilla server it ALSO wouldn't be something you could pay for with a token.

What is your malfunction? Is it basic comprehension?
    Continuing the insults, got it.
    You are purposely misconstruing my point. I wouldn't expect tokens on legacy servers. Pristine servers are just current WoW with slowed down leveling and removal of tokens.
    If my choices are current WoW with no tokens or classic with no tokens, I would take classic in a heartbeat. I really don't know how I can explain it any simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Continuing the insults, got it.
    You are purposely misconstruing my point. I wouldn't expect tokens on legacy servers. Pristine servers are just current WoW with slowed down leveling and removal of tokens.
    If my choices are current WoW with no tokens or classic with no tokens, I would take classic in a heartbeat. I really don't know how I can explain it any simpler.
    It wouldn't even slow down that much though. Like I said levelling is easy without it.

Alright, here are my two cents for whatever they are worth.
    There seem to be 3 main types of people posting on here.

1. The people that have a real desire to play an older version of the game (such as myself, but I want TBC, not vanilla)

2. The people that are offering suggestions.

3. The negative nay-sayers. The latter group should stop talking. You have an opinion on the matter, we get it, however your arguments do not help in any way shape or form. Blizzard will give us what info they can or want when they can or want and do not need some nerd in the mother’s basement talking about how easy it would be or how blizzard just hates us or is money mongering. Maybe they are, but that is there right, so get over it.

I have some ideas, but I admit I am not tech-savvy at all. This may be utter nonsense and or plain moronic, but here goes.

1. Is there not a way to give the games separate places on Bnet. Such as Vanilla instead of World of Warcraft. That lovely list that has all the games from D3 to WoW to Hearthstone. Can they not just be considered separate games for the sake of placement? Again, I admit my ignorance here.

2. Do a separate subscription for them, just as with any of the other games. This should help take care of paying for extra staffing for maintenance that is accrued with additional games/servers etc.

3. This last one will probably cause an uproar, but here it is. Do a kickstarter or fundme thing. Set up separate accounts for them so people can pledge for each type of legacy server they want. (i.e. Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, MoP). If they do not get the amount needed to pay the up front for a certain version they could put the money into the most popular one. Im guessing that would need to be noted on the KS/GFM page. I know what you are thinking, they have billions etc etc, but they do not or maybe cannot budget it towards something like this. This way the upfront cost is covered outside the budget. Perhaps just resell Vanilla as a separate game for original retail. I know Id buy both basic and TBC to be able to play TBC again!

Anyways, just my ideas/opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It wouldn't even slow down that much though. Like I said levelling is easy without it.
    Exactly, it would hardly add any time. You still almost 1shot stuff without heirlooms. I did it with a friend who was getting into the game like a year ago and I didn't want to outlevel him so I didn't use heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    The sad tragedy of existing IP laws: Blizz is correct, failure to defend your IP on one front can be grounds for being unable to do so on other fronts.

They should build this pristine realm so both sides of the argument can put their money where their mouth is.
    Yeah, no. This pristine realm idea isn't the sort of thing I'd go for. It has some of the things I dig about vanilla but is missing so much more.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Deleted
    It's good to see this response, and hear them explain some of the thoughts and discussions that are taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well actually it was 34 quid over here. Also I still don't remember eating any poo during Warlords. I mean sure it wasn't the best expansion but unless I was drugged and had it shoved into me while I was out cold well...
    Why do you feel the need to correct me with your 34 quid shit when 34 pounds literally is $49.50. So you're starting your thread with "Well actually I paid 50 cents less", goes to show how much of an idiot you are and it doesn't surprise me how delusional you are defending this shit game.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    2) If they actually do release something "older" it's literally them saying that their current game sucks, go play older version
    Diablo 2 is still being hosted when Diablo 3 is out.

Argument invalid.

I'd keep group finder but restrict it to that realm and instead remove LFR. Group finder still allows for a community to be formed so long as it's restricted to realm, and part of the reason people are wanting to go back is because they want to feel that they've worked for their gear as a legit reward for skill.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    Why do you feel the need to correct me with your 34 quid shit when 34 pounds literally is $49.50. So you're starting your thread with "Well actually I paid 50 cents less", goes to show how much of an idiot you are and it doesn't surprise me how delusional you are defending this shit game.
    Dude 50 cents is 50 cents. I'd be happy to save wherever I can these days . Also shit is a subjective opinion. I think Cata endgame was shit, doesn't mean others share my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Diablo 2 is still being hosted when Diablo 3 is out.

Argument invalid.
    They are two different games, not an update of the first one.

Argument invalid.

When they say pristine realm... do they mean with the current version of wow? Just with all the "casual" friendly "quality of life" things turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    They are two different games, not an update of the first one.

Argument invalid.
    But still the same concept of hosting an older version of something while the newer one is available.

Argument invalid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I just don't understand this whole legacy server thing. I mean, I don't want to create hostility (why do people get so ANGRY on the internet?) I'm just genuinely curious why people are so passionate about the idea.

I mean, it's not like they would launch the server and then continue to release new content for Vanilla and take on a new direction moving forward as if everything post-Vanilla had never happened.

If they brought out a Vanilla-Server it would be stuck in Vanilla forever. Sure, I expect a fair number of people would sign up to begin with, maybe they'd even be willing to pay extra... but how long for? Would that initial burst of nostalgia still be maintained after everyone's been playing for a month? 6 months? A year? 2 years?

I mean, I don't know about some of you guys, but I raided Molten Core and BWL for a couple of years already. I'm not sure what the attraction is in doing that all over again... and certainly not for more than 1-2 clears of it. Even if I did play a Vanilla server, by the time I got to 60, cleared the raids... what else is there to do? Level another character and... do it again? I know there were people back in Vanilla days who never even got to raids and maybe spend like 2-3 years just grinding 5-mans and being happy about getting their next Blue, but if you're one of those people still playing do you think you'd be happy with that again for a couple more years of WoW? The cat's out of the bag a bit on that, it was all new and epic back then but would you really be able to immerse yourself to that extent that it feels the way it used to? Maybe some of you can but I don't imagine that many people would.

I guess maybe if you're a PVP player who would love to spend your time in a Vanilla Vacuum doing old school battlegrounds and stuff forever it might last you a bit longer, but as a PVE player it'd get old kinda fast.
    The same reason some people are passionate about old Zelda, Final Fantasy games etc. And still replay them to this date.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But still the same concept of hosting an older version of something while the newer one is available.

Argument invalid.
    That's not the same concept...at all...
    A sequel is entirely different than an update.