Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    Frankly, I think they should release a vanilla server at the final iteration of the game before BC and say "have fun!". Since everyone seems to think that's all it would take, they wouldn't need to waste money on a dedicated maintenence and service team, or on GMs dedicated to the vanilla server, or on patches and updates, because everything's already perfect, right?

Don't get me wrong. I'd play on a legacy server. I enjoyed EQ's legacy servers - except the fact that they were a hot mess half the time. I just wonder how many people crying for legacy servers have even considered the amount of backend work Blizzard would need to put into the servers, the service, and the maintenence - especially since they no longer use the vanilla engine, vanilla servers, and I doubt one line of code in a thousand is still the same as it was back then.
    Or they should just sell licenses to run private servers for obsoleted versions of the game. No action necessary on their part other than to collect money.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Please tell me how Diablo 3 is a patch on Diablo 2. Only then will your argument be acceptable.
    Are you asking "why is Blizz releasing Diablo 3 while people still play Diablo 2"? If so, they are completely different games, not the same game that is updated on top of itself.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Pristine realm"...yeah no. I'll stick with the real game which is ever evolving. A "pristine" realm would still be in the same expansion as Live.

I played with Portuguese people for 2 years, you'r generalization is the only idiocy here.
    Maybe you're just as stupid as them and fit in perfectly.

Oh wait...

Yup, fucking Swecucks

EDIT: And now I've read your forum signature. Yup, you lack a brain.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    120,000 a year per engineer. Takes a whole team.

This doesn't include the DBA's. The amount of time that would go into the UI elements for the launcher and security upgrades, etc.

You're looking at 1.5 year timeline to properly implement this, and probably about 25-40 million dollars.
    What does that have to do with my post :/
    tbh at this point I think you are just trolling me.

Regardless of the outcome, I appreciate that Blizzard took the time to respond. (With 4 months until a new Expansion Launch, I bet they are extremely busy) I feel the response was very honest about there feelings and I do believe they are listening to the communities feedback. The feedback Blizzard has heard (and myself as well from the forums) is that the community feel of classic WoW is missing. It sounds like the Dev team has been discussing these issues and these conversations are where the idea for Pristine Realms came from. Now with this idea out there, I bet Blizzard is looking at community feedback even more, to see if this is indeed the type of thing we, the customer, would be interested in. Blizzard is of course a company that wants to make a profit, but I also believe they care, and want to make a great game for everyone. This can also be seen, as Blizzard has reached out to the Nos team and are talking with them. Regardless of the outcome or what may happen in the future.. I can see a company who is trying to make great games and support the community.. and yes, they also need to make profit.. not to be greedy.. but to pay employees and attract top level talent across the industry. These are just my thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post

Oh wait...

Yup, fucking Swecucks
    Enjoy your infraction, genius!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Are you asking "why is Blizz releasing Diablo 3 while people still play Diablo 2"? If so, they are completely different games, not the same game that is updated on top of itself.
    That's what I'm saying... The person I'm quoting on that post tried to equate Diablo 2 and 3 to Wow vanilla and Wod.

What is it with people from Portugal being absolute idiots? Throughout my years I haven't met a single one that's actually smart whereas I've met many Brazilians who can actually use their brains.
    Rofl, idiots are found in every country. You're a prime example.

Yup, fucking Swecucks
    Back to /v/

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Because at that point you are going to a different sever to play literally the same content at a slower pace. What's the point? A pristine server would have the same dailies and current stuff in Legion.
    The point is I can play at my own pace. I personally HATE out leveling zones and running dungeons where no one even has a remote chance of dying because of heirlooms. These are definitely personal complaints that I have with the game and I don't expect the game to change for me, but if I had the option to play at a "slower" pace, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Rofl, idiots are found in every country. You're a prime example.
    Have fun in Legion, kid.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh wait...

Yup, fucking Swecucks

EDIT: And now I've read your forum signature. Yup, you lack a brain.
    Please go back to /pol/ and never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    That's what I'm saying... The person I'm quoting on that post tried to equate Diablo 2 and 3 to Wow vanilla and Wod.
    Ah, sorry m8

Deleted
    People are too focused on 'vanilla' without a deeper understanding of what made vanilla great and what DIDNT. There's a lot of stuff about vanilla which was sheer frustration and I actually quit for a few months during vanilla cos I was bored out of my mind.
    People would prefer an amalgamation of 1.x/2.x/3.x than pure 1.x. Some of the 1.x patches simply weren't very good, like 1.10 which added DS2, which was a waste of time, since most people were at least T1 by then. but it also introduced stuff that should've ALWAYS existed, to alleviate frustration, in the case of 1.10, final destination flight paths. Yea, you could only fly from one FP to the next FP until 1.10, which most people have totally forgotten about, including people who played Nost cos that was 1.12. I think people would want to keep some of these improvements while dumping the rest of the stuff which made WoW *far* too easy and therefore unrewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun in Legion, kid.
    Don't worry we'll have. Have fun on vani.... oh wait.

Deleted
    Show me those vanilla flaws and tell me they come anywhere near close to being as hurtful to the game as anything after mid-WOTLK has been.
    Did my statement of Vanilla being flawed ruffle your feathers? If you read my post, i said the flaws were because Blizzard were new. They were trying to bring creative and broad ideas but didn't quite execute them as intended. The flaws that appeared the deeper into development/expansions of the game are far less forgivable.

Pristine realm? What's pristine about it? The wellfare epics that will still be easy to get? The ZERO challenge while leveling? Yea it's going to take you longer, that doesn't make it challenging! Vanilla WoW was fun because you didn't just get new useful gear after each quest, you didn't just kill 15 mobs without having to bandage or drink up after each one.

How many times do we have to say this? We want a challenge, making something that requires you to put in more time isn't challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    the laws work such that if you dont actively protect your IP, anyone can take advantage of it later to any extreme degree and you cant do anything about it because you didnt do anything about it during previous occasions
    While you are correct, Blizzard does hold the power to grant permission to anyone or group to utilize their IP (either temporary or indefinitely). They could build in contingencies for discontinuing based on improper use, etc. In doing so, it isn't opening the flood gates for others to operate without consent (thus no precedent set for misuse of their IP).

And to other posters saying people just want free WoW - the community on Nostalrius largely was their for the content, not the lack of monthly subscription. If Blizzard provided the Vanilla content, people would use it and pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    Pristine realm? What's pristine about it? The wellfare epics that will still be easy to get? The ZERO challenge while leveling? Yea it's going to take you longer, that doesn't make it challenging! Vanilla WoW was fun because you didn't just get new useful gear after each quest, you didn't just kill 15 mobs without having to bandage or drink up after each one.

How many times do we have to say this? We want a challenge, making something that requires you to put in more time isn't challenging!
    And yet that's what most of the "challenge" from Classic stemmed in...that, and people being completely new and bad.
    If you took TIME between leveling mobs, you wouldn't die. That's not mechanical challenge, that's just a time-consuming grind.

In Legion, questing mobs have actual mechanics to them. I'd prefer it if they made an optional path of progression while leveling which offered new and unpredictable mechanics from mobs, more damage, sudden random mob attacks and all that jazz for Live instead of catering to players thinking that stopping and eating between every mob is challenging, further splitting the community...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-26 at 03:39 PM.

It doesnt matter if they make the changes they are talking about if mobs in the world are still trivial to kill, gear is too simple to get and world drops just flood you with mythic gear. and DK and demon hunters can just skip the lvling process.

Flying would still be there, and they would have to balance the game in two different ways to satisfy the people that want the vanilla experience with today's content. It wont work.