Poll: Choose Wisely

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Are we talking mounts or ability to ride/fly?

If the mounts themselves, then I am on Team Ground. So many awesome looking ground mounts.

If we're talking ability to ride and/or fly, then I am on Team Flying. I don't want to play without it.
    Love me some ground mounts now. Don't care much about flying, though I do like some of the models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Speaking of a nostalgia-fueled thread, it wouldn't be a day on the board here without a thread about flying.

I applaud Blizzard for having taken a non-issue and turned it into one of the most divisive things amongst the community as of 2-3 years ago.
    Flying is a total non-issue for me. Is that a thing here, where are the kids that don't care whether flying is or isn't a thing, I want to stand with them.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Both... prefer ground when questing for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Like afk flying on flying routes is any more engaging? At least if flying myself I can stop and do whatever attracts my attention while flying. But on a flight master one is stuck till next flight point doing nothing. How is that more immersive? With no flying most of wod where was this massive wpvp anyway? I wish that myth would stop. Here is a thought if you don't like flying don't do it, but don't decide how others should or want to play.
    Flight paths are one thing, manual flight is another. If you're doing nothing but flying, it encourages absolutely no interaction with anything at any time, especially world pvp. Once you land in the zone you want to be in, you have to run around in the zone with everyone else when you're grounded. On a flying mount you just...fly. And miss everything. There's no more spontaneity.

As someone on a medium (low at the moment) pop pve server who hasn't played seriously since last year, I didn't experience much world pvp. That's also because in WoD, people were stuck in their garrisons most of the time and then they brought flight back in. But on a higher pop pvp server, I'd expect there to be more world pvp. Everyone knows flying killed world pvp as well as many other aspects of the game, like overall wonder and social interaction. Draenor was an incredible and beautiful world on ground mounts. For the first time in a long time, the sense of mystery and wonder was back and the world itself was gorgeous. They got that right as fuck and I hope it continues. But again, flying kills that instantly.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Which side are you on?
    I prefer flying. Because without it Blizzard feels compelled to create geography that you cannot get to b from a.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

ITT: people trying to tell you how to enjoy the game The Right Way™

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Flight paths are one thing, manual flight is another. If you're doing nothing but flying, it encourages absolutely no interaction with anything at any time, especially world pvp. Once you land in the zone you want to be in, you have to run around in the zone with everyone else when you're grounded. On a flying mount you just...fly. And miss everything. There's no more spontaneity.

As someone on a medium (low at the moment) pop pve server who hasn't played seriously since last year, I didn't experience much world pvp. That's also because in WoD, people were stuck in their garrisons most of the time and then they brought flight back in. But on a higher pop pvp server, I'd expect there to be more world pvp. Everyone knows flying killed world pvp as well as many other aspects of the game, like overall wonder and social interaction. Draenor was an incredible and beautiful world on ground mounts. For the first time in a long time, the sense of mystery and wonder was back and the world itself was gorgeous. They got that right as fuck and I hope it continues. But again, flying kills that instantly.
    So you first off want others to play as you like to and now it is garrisons fault for no wpvp? Thought it was flyings? If everyone is inside thier garrisons don't they need to only start wpvp right outside it and everyone could get there quickly and wpvp? But that didn't happen did it? Maybe wpvp has just plain died as people choose instanced pvp instead. Because that is when wpvp did start to die was when most people choose instanced pvp and the rewards from it over wpvp. I wish wpvp criers would use the real thing that killed wpvp, instanced pvp

Deleted
    I think the current system of having to ground mount through a new expansion until you unlock flying later is pretty sound. The best of both Worlds (of Warcraft)

10+ Year Old Account
    So you first off want others to play as you like to and now it is garrisons fault for no wpvp? Thought it was flyings? If everyone is inside thier garrisons don't they need to only start wpvp right outside it and everyone could get there quickly and wpvp? But that didn't happen did it? Maybe wpvp has just plain died as people choose instanced pvp instead. Because that is when wpvp did start to die was when most people choose instanced pvp and the rewards from it over wpvp. I wish wpvp criers would use the real thing that killed wpvp, instanced pvp
    Why can't it be both Garrisons and flying? Garrisons didn't help but flying kills it no matter what expansion it is. Instanced pvp killed it? You mean the thing that's been around since forever? Lol. And as for "wanting others to play like me"...I'm far from the only person that wants this and knows that flying killed many aspects of this game. World pvp is spontaneous and happens while you're riding or running around in contested areas. That can't happen when you can just fly 200 ft. in the air over everything. It never has a chance to. And if you do see someone? Well, all they have to do is mount up and that's it...done.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Why can't it be both Garrisons and flying? Garrisons didn't help but flying kills it no matter what expansion it is. Instanced pvp killed it? You mean the thing that's been around since forever? Lol. And as for "wanting others to play like me"...I'm far from the only person that wants this and knows that flying killed many aspects of this game. World pvp is spontaneous and happens while you're riding or running around in contested areas. That can't happen when you can just fly 200 ft. in the air over everything. It never has a chance to. And if you do see someone? Well, all they have to do is mount up and that's it...done.
    It wasn't always queable instanced pvp and didn't always award more honor and conquest. Once that was quicker and easier to do the players choose that to argue against that is truely having blinders on.

How could it be both when garrisons just started in wod and wpvp has long been dead and or dying? Which side of your mouth will you talk out of next?

I prefer flying mounts. Not because it's useful or whatever, but because I think it's awesome as hell to be able to fly in a MMORPG.
    That said, to me it's better to use ground mounts when discovering a zone for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Why? ppl will still just ignore each other and ride past everybody because no1 is interest in time wasiting battles.
    IF you played vanilla you will know what i mean we has a few spots where wpvp happend, in tanaris/ect zones where wpvp was not a thing we all had groundmounts and we all ignored each other because it was useless and timewaisting.
    If you want wpvp then you need to create objectives for it like they are actually doing in Legion.

Flying - no flying has nothing to do with wpvp or you would consider ganking low level players pvp, but i just consider that annoying/bored players.
    Sounds like you played on a shit server. World pvp was alive on Arthas in vanilla, there were certain areas you could always find trouble at.

If you feel its useless and time wasting the last server you should be on is a pvp server. They actually have a specific server type just for people who feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Sounds like you played on a shit server. World pvp was alive on Arthas in vanilla, there were certain areas you could always find trouble at.

If you feel its useless and time wasting the last server you should be on is a pvp server. They actually have a specific server type just for people who feel this way.

Yes you said the key thing there in VANILLA wpvp was still going strong. Before one could hit a button and que for battle grounds. Back then one still had to travel to battle grounds, kinda like dungeons, to do them. Then they also started to reward significantly more honor and conquest, wpvp never awarded this, and not a surprise people choose this over wpvp. The myth that flying hurt it is a joke. Heck I could argue the ability to fly out to an area where wpvp is going on makes me go there more than if I couldn't fly there.
    Next you'll say the people ganking lowbies will fly away like that is different than ground mounting away, stealthing or shadowmelding right?

There is a difference between spontaneous and tedious.
    What I experienced was more of the latter.
    Going through the same irrelevant content repeatedly makes it largely predictable.
    And it makes it harder for players to actually play what they want.
    Unappealing content is unappealing no matter how many times players travel through it.

A lot of what you talk about are purely subjective and personal experiences.
    Not everyone is going to enjoy exploration, or have this sense of wonder.
    Plus if the continent is designed around ground travel initially then there is nothing to stop you continuing to experience it in that way.
    Someone else flying does not in any way stop you having that same experience as before.

What I see are lots of tantrums over someone else having a different choice.

Yes you said the key thing there in VANILLA wpvp was still going strong. Before one could hit a button and que for battle grounds. Back then one still had to travel to battle grounds, kinda like dungeons, to do them. Then they also started to reward significantly more honor and conquest, wpvp never awarded this, and not a surprise people choose this over wpvp. The myth that flying hurt it is a joke. Heck I could argue the ability to fly out to an area where wpvp is going on makes me go there more than if I couldn't fly there.
    Next you'll say the people ganking lowbies will fly away like that is different than ground mounting away, stealthing or shadowmelding right?
    It was bottlenecks that made it happen.
    It was proximity only.
    World pvp was barely a thing out in the open, because it was just a nuisance.

Battlemasters, PvP objectives etc.
    Artificial means to pull players together.
    If the players themselves aren't willing to PvP outside of those, then that is absolutely not a problem that flying created.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-26 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Actually, yeah it is silly. You can find someone stealthing or shadowmelding. As soon as they fly away, funs over. Listen its clear you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to world pvp, so im going to spare my free time discussing it with you. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Actually, yeah it is silly. You can find someone stealthing or shadowmelding. As soon as they fly away, funs over. Listen its clear you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to world pvp, so im going to spare my free time discussing it with you. Sorry.

I don't think you do and are remembering a game more than 10 years ago. To not notice the direct line between queable pvp and the decline in wpvp is being blissfully ignorant or plain dumb. Keep believing in myths though maybe Bigfoot will wpvp with you.

Yep real easy to find stealthed or shadowmeld people too.
    Sure it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is a difference between spontaneous and tedious.
    What I experienced was more of the latter.
    Going through the same irrelevant content repeatedly makes it largely predictable.
    And it makes it harder for players to actually play what they want.
    Unappealing content is unappealing no matter how many times players travel through it.

A lot of what you talk about are purely subjective and personal experiences.
    Not everyone is going to enjoy exploration, or have this sense of wonder.
    Plus if the continent is designed around ground travel initially then there is nothing to stop you continuing to experience it in that way.
    Someone else flying does not in any way stop you having that same experience as before.

What I see are lots of tantrums over someone else having a different choice.
    It does stop me from having that experience though because a big part of that experience is interaction with other players. It is an MMO after all. And I disagree, I do think everyone enjoys exploration and has that sense of wonder, at least initially. Otherwise what's the point of playing the game? Of playing any game really? It's all about that feeling of newness and mystery and exploring the game you're playing. If the game does get super tedious, it'll be when content dries up which should be at the very end of the expansion (if ever). So if they absolutely have to implement flight, it should be then.

The world feels small with flying mounts.

It does stop me from having that experience though because a big part of that experience is interaction with other players. It is an MMO after all. And I disagree, I do think everyone enjoys exploration and has that sense of wonder, at least initially. Otherwise what's the point of playing the game? Of playing any game really? It's all about that feeling of newness and mystery and exploring the game you're playing. If the game does get super tedious, it'll be when content dries up which should be at the very end of the expansion (if ever). So if they absolutely have to implement flight, it should be then.
    What you get out the game is not what I get out of the game.
    And that "feeling" is just getting in the way of my enjoyment by making it harder to play the parts I want to play.
    Ground travel will always be tedious to me.

Most of the "exploration" comes by accident anyway, given the convoluted travel requirements on the ground.
    I discover most of a zone without even trying.
    There is little of the "I want to see over there", because I have passed through much of the zone already by then because I didn't have a lot of choice otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Flying.

Achieve meta needs to be at launch or the ancient ghosts of the Visigoths will rise and raise havoic..leaving a trail of destruction as the Visigoth horde marches to Irvine to reclaim what is rightfully part of the core of the game systems...flying.

Get your flame suits ready Blizz.

You don't seem to get the concept that is what YOU like and prefer and not everyone likes the same things. What is so hard for thick headed people to grasp about that? And you can still stay on the ground if you like even with flying you do know that right? Also if flying is implemented after one hits max level and with an achievement they will be exploring on the ground.
    So what is your point?