Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Funny how such "social" people seem to need everyone else to be forced into interacting with them in order to be "social"...
    Well it is an MMORPG, a major factor about these types of games is being social and making bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    You're just mad because you didn't have some cookie cutter bullshit to faceroll the entire game, also too poor to re-spec, enjoy your tri-spec, quad-spec, quint-spec garbage.

Classic had cookie cutter builds through out its entire existence, please stop acting like an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    You're comparing things that can't be compared.
    Actually they can, that's why intellectual property applies to wow.

And who are you sir to say video games are less important than books, movies or historical sites ? It's a human invention and it tells story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak View Post
    Never in my entire life have I ever witnessed such a cop out response. They have a petition with over 200k signatures and weeks of forum activity and dicussions, a server with 150k active populace and including (according to them) internal discussions. Then, their response is "It would be difficult."
    It blows my mind, if I wrote a thread on the official forums (which hilariously I can't because I stopped playing, super fun echo chamber) criticising a mechanic with such vague and non-constructive weasel words I would expect the thread to be deleted.

Saying "It's difficult" isn't good enough, and saying "If we could push a button" is a strawman. Nobody is asking them to push a button to do it, they're asking them to do it. Nobody is suggesting it might not be difficult, they want to know why (if at all) it isn't feasible. This post is a complete reflection of what a joke the company has become, a complete non answer which serves as nothing but an attempt to placate the masses.
    Would you like to see the post go into the technical details of why it would be difficult? If you can honestly say yes, you're a rare one. Most people would just tune it out before the first paragraph finished.

As for the button...they are literally being asked to push a button. Quite regularly. In fact one of the most common arguments I hear is "They can just push a button and set it to and expantion they want." But that's beside the point. The point is that it's not nearly as simple as what many people think.

Yes this was a post made for the masses. The mass of people who don't know as much as they think they do. It was mept simple for the sake of understanding and brevity.

You're just mad because you didn't have some cookie cutter bullshit to faceroll the entire game, also too poor to re-spec, enjoy your tri-spec, quad-spec, quint-spec garbage.
    I'm looking forward to it personally. Good quality of life change especially since changing specs nowadays is simple enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But still the same concept of hosting an older version of something while the newer one is available.

Argument invalid.
    Except that it isn't an older version of something; it's literally an entirely different game.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Well it is an MMORPG, a major factor about these types of games is being social and making bonds.
    And that's somehow prohibited on Live?

Spoiler: It isn't. The people complaining about the game not being social anymore, are the same people settling for the content tuned for the lowest common denominator. In other words, they're part of the problem. I highly doubt these people would suddenly fill their friendslists with what would be dear friends were they once more forced to sit in a city and spam "LFM"...

Even before LFG, there were cliques, people grouped up for content and were annoyed with having to look for more people as someone left. For every friend you made, there were hundreds that you didn't become friends with. Same as IRL and same as Live.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-26 at 03:47 PM.

Classic had cookie cutter builds through out its entire existence, please stop acting like an idiot.
    Are you literally fucking retarded?

Keep it civil (infracted earlier)
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 04:19 PM.

You seem to be with the nonsense you are spouting today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And that's somehow prohibited on Live?

Spoiler: It isn't.
    I know, but I can share sentiments that the game (and many others like WoW) don't encourage social interactions. I've said this in the past in greater detail, but the current systems don't foster communities very well but individual interactions. That's definitely social, but it isn't a community. I already know about current guilds and raiding, but I'll be damned if I ever found a dungeons / leveling guild that wasn't completely impersonal while most never log on every day or multiple times in the week to play together.

I hope you realize I'm actually trying to help you but keep a fair point across. All you're doing (And obviously know) that this will just lead to being infracted.

I'd play a server where:
    1) You have to beat the boss of a given expansion before you can go to the next expansion
    2) Random matchmaking is removed

That way you have a challenge to overcome and you must use social connections of some kind to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    They should've just ignored the issue, at this point anything that isn't " We are gonna give you legacy servers " is just renewing the temper tantrum which means the message boards are gonna be over-saturated with useless polls, petitions and duplicate threads...
    It's true, this shit was starting to die down and now it's been ignited again. Blizzard are probably just trolling for PR at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was so well designed and tuned comparing with today, was it?

Need to use Fear Ward? Too bad you're Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by DivingByZero View Post
    And you are a candidate for current Retail WoW. Nothing wrong with that. There is a large community of people who enjoyed the struggles that the unrefined WoW experience offered. For many people those 'struggles' that you don't like, actually were the catalyst for many social interactions that made the experience of this MMORPG worth more than the sum of it's parts.
    I played Vanilla and I have no idea what you're talking about. Out in the world, if you ran into another person doing the same quests in the same area as you, you tried your best to out pace that person. There were no shared bosses so, God forbid, you had more than 1 person to compete against for a named mob. You'd literally have 5-10 people waiting to kill a mob, SOMETIMES forming a cohesive queue. SOMETIMES starting a group to get things done faster. MOST OF THE TIME you would have a lock, hunter, or mage aoe the are where the mob stands, bypassing any social interaction, and run off laughing when they kill it first. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but it just seems like mechanics are better today while the world was better yesterday....pre-cata.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

I know, but I can share sentiments that the game (and many others like WoW) don't encourage social interactions. I've said this in the past in greater detail, but the current systems don't foster communities very well but individual interactions. That's definitely social, but it isn't a community. I already know about current guilds and raiding, but I'll be damned if I ever found a dungeons / leveling guild that wasn't completely impersonal while most never log on every day or multiple times in the week to play together.

I hope you realize I'm actually trying to help you but keep a fair point across. All you're doing (And obviously know) that this will just lead to being infracted.
    So far every dumbass that has gotten their arguments destroyed keeps bringing up this whole "ur gunna get an infraction" shit, are you seriously so autistic and disconnected from reality?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's true, this shit was starting to die down and now it's been ignited again. Blizzard are probably just trolling for PR at this point.
    I agree with your sentiment. They're throwing kindling on a fire that was burning out.

There is a VERY simple solution for both parties! It is hard to have a known formula that works in today's game designs. Vanilla WOW has shown to have one and a guaranteed fan base. All that has to be done is for the vanilla players to make their own game, lore, trademarks, IP, servers etc. base it on vanilla WOW and you will have a hit! Call it World of Stealcraft. BOOM!

So far every dumbass that has gotten their arguments destroyed keeps bringing up this whole "ur gunna get an infraction" shit, are you seriously so autistic and disconnected from reality?
    Again you seem to be with the random garbage you've been spouting today.

If Legion kicks ass, this whole issue basically goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Not true. Leveling experience during Vanilla had you pulled more than 1, occasionally you can handle two, mobs you'd pretty much dead. Current WoW you can just pull everything and just AoE them all dead.
    Go Google Frost mage PvE. All classes had ways of dealing with more than 2 mobs....except maybe warriors.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

I wonder how many of the Blizzard shills on this thread are also on social security.
    That's funny considering 95% of Nostalrius's playerbase were either Chinese or NEETs.