Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the good ol' blizzard twist... never fails to deliver.

95% awesome 5% wtf

This isn't legacy servers by any stretch of the imagination. You guys could actually do exactly what they are describing in pristine servers now... it just takes self control.

Turn off xp - already in game
    no heirlooms - pretty simple don't use them
    don't use raf - pretty simple don't use
    don't cheat by getting a high level to help

You can take that same 150k active members and move yourselves to an abandoned backwater server, and create guilds that follow these rules.

I've read the many angry child posts... this isn't even close to what you were asking for.

In fact its really what most of us who were against it were saying... don't like it, don't use it.

*edit*

This is why I gave up trying to change Blizzard and wasting my time with feedback. Because IF and WHEN you actually do see a change, its some bastardized version that you weren't expecting, not what you asked for, and not what you want.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-26 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    I disagree with most things Blizz said. It's THEIR rights and they can do whatever they want with them, including giving ONE person/business permission to run these servers.
    I think the issue is probably not that it's Blizzards rights, but Activision-Blizzard's rights.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Are the people that are here saying "pristine still won't be as good as Vanilla because (insert reason here)" also posting on the Blizz forums? If you aren't, why not? And "Blizz doesn't listen!!!!1!!!" Isn't a good excuse since that actually applies to these forums.
    Because you need to have a sub to post on the bnet forums and all these people can't afford $15 a month that's why they steal the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    So you never played Vanilla and base your arguments on stuff you've seen on old ass videos. Fury warriors could easily mow down 2-3 mobs at a time, I did it in Vanilla back then and I did it in Nost.
    I just said in my previous post, I played Vanilla. Also, I said "maybe warriors". Obviously, I was wrong.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    if this happened i would cry tears of joy,

being able to actually raid in greens and blues again cause thats all you had, then aquiring an epic and the community going OMFG look at that guys gear hes in the top %, he worked for his gear.

now its oh that guys been in lfr, and mythic just on colour alone.

gone are the days where gear made a difference in the playerbase, and the structure and community with it.

everything wow had done in the past has been overshadowed and lowered due to accessability.
    The "please suck my dick I have great gear"-syndrome didn't become a thing until Wrath of the Lich King. Vanilla itemization was fucking dogshit and literally the only reason it was enjoyable was because the community was tolerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you never played Vanilla and base your arguments on stuff you've seen on old ass videos. Fury warriors could easily mow down 2-3 mobs at a time, I did it in Vanilla back then and I did it in Nost.
    You're making stuff up. It's sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    If I could choose between getting legion or the game being reverted to Vanilla then bring on Vanilla.

More raids, more dungeons, more items, MORE GAME!
    Vanilla didnt have a single raid in its first patch. Not one

I'm glad Blizzard finally speaks out publicly about this case and that they're in touch with the nos folks.

I'd love such a server, but it has to be way more than just disabling LFR and XP-boosting items/buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    The "please suck my dick I have great gear"-syndrome didn't become a thing until Wrath of the Lich King.
    I still shudder when I think about the golden days of GearScore. Not that having itemlevel is too different, but for some reason it's not as obnoxious. It still sucks as a group invitation barrier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I think the issue is probably not that it's Blizzards rights, but Activision-Blizzard's rights.
    Well, perhaps they shouldn't have sold out.

It is all egg on their face. They can't grant true fans the rights to run a completely non-profit vanilla server that doesn't compete with Retail (in fact they lose money...)?

Too bad the Alpha has only shown it'll be the same garbage that WoD was.
    What Alpha are you watching? I am super digging their commitment to having things to do at level cap.

The "please suck my dick I have great gear"-syndrome didn't become a thing until Wrath of the Lich King. Vanilla itemization was fucking dogshit and literally the only reason it was enjoyable was because the community was tolerable.
    To be fair a lot of groups back before GearScore invited more on a class and specialization basis than GS ever could do. That alone was fuck all annoying to many players because they 'decided' to play the hated classes and no one would invite them. Even with a much better community the past games fostered, shit was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    This!

Theres no way Id want to go back to the old days of wow. Nostalgia and rose tinted specs seem to be helluva common. Honestly when you actually start listing all the improvements to the game since vanilla, you see why it should stay dead, and why only folk who have essentially pirated the game play on these servers.

The sheer amount of people clouded by nostalgia is staggering and stupifying all at once. MADNESS!!

Take your vanilla servers and ram em. And Im sorry but I dont buy into "I want 40 man raids" or "everything was harder, thus more fun" BS either.
    Not sure if serious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DivingByZero View Post
    Well, perhaps they shouldn't have sold out.

It is all egg on their face. They can't grant true fans the rights to run a completely non-profit vanilla server that doesn't compete with Retail (in fact they lose money...)?
    You have a skewed idea of what a true fan is

It was lost around WOTLK

It is all egg on their face. They can't grant true fans the rights to run a completely non-profit vanilla server that doesn't compete with Retail (in fact they lose money...)?[/QUOTE]

Yup they are losing subs by having someone use THEIR game for free. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    You're making stuff up. It's sad.
    "I never played Vanilla because I was still swimming in my dad's ballsack back in 2004 but I just played Nost and I made a Warrior because Warriors are so OP xD omg Maydie and Pat are so OP!!! but omg they are so hard to level up u see i was lvl 20 and every 1 pull mob was leaving me at 10% hp omg so much eating xD but then i quit cuz vanilla is broken!!!1 oh what do u mean i had to change my starting gear? wat r u sure i had to buy gear from AH? aint nobody gots time 4 dat" - You

You were too shit at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What Alpha are you watching? I am super digging their commitment to having things to do at level cap.
    Don't bother mate. He is the prime example of jaded as hell.

That doesn't compete with Retail? It would compete with retail. I'm pretty sure that's one of their biggest problems with that idea.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

The legal aspect of the private servers is lost on the player base. If you don't protect your IP, it can later be decided that you allowed it to become public domain.