Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They open a pandoras box by creating special interest realms.

But who am i to question blizzards .. questionable.. ideas to split the community even more.

Deleted
    I wouldn't play on a pristine realm.
    The way I see it is there are two different kinds of WoW, pre-WoTLK and after-WoTLK, the after version to me is a watered down, casual spoonfeeder.

What has me hooked on vanilla and to a certain extent TBC servers isn't the raid encounters, let's face it they're about as basic as an heroic dungeon these days.
    What I love is that you had to work HARD for your accomplishments, you went in, as 40 people and smacked a boss in the face, that boss dropped 2-3 epics that your team of 40 people had to divvy up, you had to grind your consumables, and your reputations and a myriad of other things, and it set you apart.
    But MOST importantly, back in those versions the game still had unique points, the retail version of WoW sports fantastic raids, but it's all so streamlined and homogenized that it might as well be black & white, when it comes to picking a class these days you don't go "Oh I want to be able to do this!" you go "Yeah I like my pixels looking like this, and I press my damage buttons in the 1-4-3-2-1-5 order"
    WoW may have granted a myriad of QoL improvements of the year, sadly said improvements also destroyed the soul of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

But who am i to question blizzards .. questionable.. ideas to split the community even more.
    Next logical move would be to create servers to each level bracket so twinkers could have their own place.

Deleted
    So disappointing. Why did Blizzard even respond to these stupid little malcontents? The game doesn't need them, they should just have kept quiet and let them all go back to their bubbles.

Deleted
    People think playing on a vanilla server will bring them back "that feeling" they had when game was new. It won't. Game will feel the same. Same mobs, same spells, same quests, same game.
    Going back to the beginning, 10 years later, won't erase your memory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Next logical move would be to create servers to each level bracket so twinkers could have their own place.
    Realms for pet battlers, LFR only players, realms for gnomes only.. there is a complete list of way larger target audiences than the "classic realm crowd"..

But hey, it is blizzard. Their current design decision making is that crazy.

I still don't understand why they don't just connect all the RP Realms. Connect all the RPPvP Realms. Connect 1/2 of the PvP Realms. Then the other half. Same with PvE.

Why not do it? What do they lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Morceli View Post
    People think playing on a vanilla server will bring them back "that feeling" they had when game was new. It won't. Game will feel the same. Same mobs, same spells, same quests, same game.
    Going back to the beginning, 10 years later, won't erase your memory.
    Except we have played on a vanilla server, and it does bring "that feeling" back. You lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You most definately dont.

You simply dont seem intelligent enough for that
    lmao at you and the other butthurt social security recipients.

http://puu.sh/owwpH/5d5fbd0e8b.jpg deleting in 5 mins

Only one of about eight other accounts. stay mad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I still don't understand why they don't just connect all the RP Realms. Connect all the RPPvP Realms. Connect 1/2 of the PvP Realms. Then the other half. Same with PvE.

Why not do it? What do they lose?
    Resource balancing i would believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    Except we have played on a vanilla server, and it does bring "that feeling" back. You lose.
    Apparently you do, as there's no official server for your folly...

I don't understand how vanilla servers appeal too anyone either but ya know

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    So disappointing. Why did Blizzard even respond to these stupid little malcontents? The game doesn't need them, they should just have kept quiet and let them all go back to their bubbles.
    Because there are hundreds of thousands of them. They squashed Nostalrius, who was already buckling under the weight of their own success, especially financially. If they release the server core, other more well-provisioned teams will pick up the torch-- in areas of the world that Blizzard will find it far more difficult to take legal action than in France, which is where Nos was hosted.

Side note, I wouldn't play on a "pristine realm" because the game itself is crap now. There's no substance to it, just minigames and raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    lmao at you and the other butthurt social security recipients.

http://puu.sh/owwpH/5d5fbd0e8b.jpg deleting in 5 mins

Only one of about eight other accounts. stay mad
    I'll much rather stay laughing as a simply search provided lots of example receipts like "yours" to show of.

Oh you.

EDIT:

I know! Why don't YOU buy Blizzard and open Vanilla servers?

Great idea, I know!

Resource balancing i would believe.
    Not sure if you mean Server Resources or ingame resources (Nodes)

If you mean ingame resources, those are balanced for High/Full Population Realms 90% of the servers in the US are dead as fuck. Merging them all together would in essence create one High Pop realm.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    Yup, and blinded by nostalgia.

Blizzard gained nothing from shutting down Nostalrius, except maybe negative PR. It's unfortunate that the law basically forces you to be an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    Because there are hundreds of thousands of them.
    Rubbish. Just absolute rubbish. Accounts doesn't mean players or supporters.

I'll much rather stay laughing as a simply search provided lots of example receipts like "yours" to show of.

Oh you.

EDIT:

I know! Why don't YOU buy Blizzard and open Vanilla servers?

Great idea, I know!

A receipt? That's called an statement, not a receipt. Grow up.

Apparently you do, as there's no official server for your folly...
    I didn't need an official one before, and I don't need one now. There are plenty of other options that grow every day. Blizzard squashed one server, and all they managed to do was draw attention to it. Now others are springing up all over the place, and that ones that existed concurrently to Nos are filled to the brim with players. Most of them will not give up as easily as Nos, who were rumored to be shutting down anyway due to the financial stress it was putting on their team.

Would I like to pay Blizzard for a vanilla server? Yeah. Will the lack of action on their part stop me (or others)? Not a chance.