Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Depends. Take Grimrail as an example. I pull the entire train on my tanks, pop tank ring and go full-out AOE pulling +1M dps. It's much quicker than doing each pack seperately. But if some overzealous hunter decides to try and snipe a single mob down with chimera, aimed and killshots, I can't guarantee my bloodboil+diseases will keep aggro on it. His fault for jumping the gun early. Not mine.
    Oh boy, those guys. Tank pulls two trash-packs (often due to somebody else body-pulling) and there's a guy who thinks "hmmmm, let's go all out on the one mob that's not close to the tank" and ends up getting killed. I mean there's merit in the thought "I'll try and kill the ranged add fast, so that it doesn't keep shooting the tank", but still.

Between the buggy ramps for the bombers & peoples idiocy in the trains I generally safepull that place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I have a problem with the tanks pulling literally non stop till the end of the dungeon, putting me the healer at the edge of my seat to not stay behind. I don't have a problem with fast tanks, I enjoy them. What I dislike is faster than fast. They don't even give me time to loot quest items. Yes it is leveling dungeons. I usually have to lay on hands them to save them, and 1-2 times even that wasn't enough to save the day. It is very stressful to me who is a 11 year player. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to a relative new player.

For those who will say "communicate" and ask them to pull slightly slower, communication rarely happens according to my experience. If I step back to type "slow down" he is literally dead. I am afraid of being victimized by douchebags and get kicked from the dungeon.

I remember the times when I was tanking, I was looking to simple things like not LOS my healer, and give him some time to breath!

What's up with all this craziness and the speed races in non mattering leveling dungeons?
    I pull fast, and I get huge groups at once. But, I can solo the instance and don't really care if anyone keeps up or not, so long as they get to tag bosses.

Much worse than this is the dps thinking its just fine to be tanks and pull what they want when they want. I usually just let them die.

Always amazes me how people cry and claim to be a victim from such trivial things... What is happening to this planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Between the buggy ramps for the bombers & peoples idiocy in the trains I generally safepull that place.
    The ramps isn't what I'm talking about though. Also those aren't buggy at all (which shows you might not understand the mechanics entirely) - they drop threat every ~15-20 seconds, requiring you to go in melee range and hit them to grab aggro again. The train wagons after the ramp mobs though, just fucking pull it all and AOE. Don't give a shit if people die due to standing in stuff etc, can solo it anyway on a geared tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Pretty much this.

Look, its a leveling dungeon. Its so mind numbingly easy that chain pulling is usually the only way to go. What do you want? A tank to pull one small pack, have it die in literally seconds, and then just sit there for a few seconds then move more? The fact is, Most groups have 2+ people in full heirlooms that can basically solo it. Take your time to loot what you need. If the tank dies, then they have learned several valuable lessons. Those lessons being 1) Use defensive's 2) Learn to play better since leveling dungeons really shouldn't kill them, and finally 3) Watch where your group, and more importantly the healer, are.

Honestly, fast is the best pace to go in a leveling dungeon where everything dies within seconds and the tank has Probably already been there multiple times. Get what you need and don't worry about where they are. If they are any good, they will get the hint and stick near the healer. Assuming one of the heirloom decked dps are not helping the pulling.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much all you do in a leveling dungeon. I can't think of any at the moment that even have a positioning requirement. Most of the time you're lucky if you see even 1 of the bosses abilities before they die. The only time it becomes more then just holding aggro is in raids and max level heroics to a lesser extent.
    Because YOU find it boring, it doesn't mean that such an experience should be forced on everyone else.
    If you have such a desire for that, then pug the entire group manually with a clear message as to what your expectations are.

And we wonder why players are not getting good group experience before level cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The ramps isn't what I'm talking about though. Also those aren't buggy at all (which shows you might not understand the mechanics entirely) - they drop threat every ~15-20 seconds, requiring you to go in melee range and hit them to grab aggro again. The train wagons after the ramp mobs though, just fucking pull it all and AOE. Don't give a shit if people die due to standing in stuff etc, can solo it anyway on a geared tank.
    definitely can be shorter than that, hence buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Well there is a difference. Sometimes it's just a tank who knows his stuff. How much he can pull and so on.

And there are tanks that are just batshit crazy, pulling shit for the sake of pulling shit. Without any plan and the "oh the healer will fix it"-attitude.

I am usually the first. But some DPS who switch to Tanks often have to actually learn about pulling and how to control mobs. Because just "pulling" isn't really how you do it. Imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    If you as a tank in leveling dungeons dont have atleast 10+ mobs trailing after you then you dishonor famirry
    This made me laugh much harder than it should lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Depends. Take Grimrail as an example. I pull the entire train on my tanks, pop tank ring and go full-out AOE pulling +1M dps. It's much quicker than doing each pack seperately. But if some overzealous hunter decides to try and snipe a single mob down with chimera, aimed and killshots, I can't guarantee my bloodboil+diseases will keep aggro on it. His fault for jumping the gun early. Not mine.
    Yep, in that situation you are prevented from doing your job and it's not your fault, but you're still not doing your job, which when all is said and done is to hold aggro. It's annoying. Like when a tank pulls so much that the healer can't keep them alive and are prevented from doing their job through no fault of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and you couldnt catch up to him in time as monk ? with rolls/lv 15 talents ? and you call him crap ?
    lol. anyone that cannot keep up with my waddling paladin has got the slows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You got to be kidding me? You do know he ment he have been playing it for 11 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it is a definition, too fast is when the healer goes oom and people start to die, too slow is when the healer is in the kitchen making some food while waiting for the next pack to be pulled.
    i commonly ask my healers to go to their dps spec. because they are literally only needed to heal dumb dps.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    Yep, in that situation you are prevented from doing your job and it's not your fault, but you're still not doing your job, which when all is said and done is to hold aggro. It's annoying. Like when a tank pulls so much that the healer can't keep them alive and are prevented from doing their job through no fault of their own.
    I am doing my job, though. I have aggro on the mob and have hit it. It is DPS' job to not pull aggro by bursting a mob that is not currently being focused .

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because YOU find it boring, it doesn't mean that such an experience should be forced on everyone else.
    If you have such a desire for that, then pug the entire group manually with a clear message as to what your expectations are.

And we wonder why players are not getting good group experience before level cap.
    OR! I could pug in group finder, continue mindlessly pulling at a fast past in crap that doesn't matter and dies in literally seconds before you ever experience even 1 of their actual abilities, and go on about my day since most people want a fast dungeon as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    If I ever even get a free GCD in a leveling dungeon I have an aneurysm.
    pretty much

one GCD is bad, it's even worse when you can't maintain your buff stacks (e.g. bandit's guile for combat rogue, arcane charge for mage, etc) and lose soooo much damage because you have to stack it back up on every single pull

if a tank doesn't chain pull (pulling the next pack just before the current pack goes down so that the dps have no downtime) then he's a garbage tank imo

some people unfortunately just don't understand the importance of efficiency and optimization
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I have a problem with the tanks pulling literally non stop till the end of the dungeon, putting me the healer at the edge of my seat to not stay behind. I don't have a problem with fast tanks, I enjoy them. What I dislike is faster than fast. They don't even give me time to loot quest items. Yes it is leveling dungeons. I usually have to lay on hands them to save them, and 1-2 times even that wasn't enough to save the day. It is very stressful to me who is a 11 year player. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to a relative new player.
    I pull a ton, but I also preface by asking the group how they wanna do it. I'll also PM the healer and talk to them personally. I try to be a good tank
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    OR! I could pug in group finder, continue mindlessly pulling at a fast past in crap that doesn't matter and dies in literally seconds before you ever experience even 1 of their actual abilities, and go on about my day since most people want a fast dungeon as well.
    Rather arrogant to assume you speak for a majority.
    As shown very regularly, a lot won't speak up as they don't want drama.
    This sort of behaviour is exactly why people then complain about the "noobs" who don't know how to play, and then push up group requirements to try and exclude those players.
    A vicious circle creating more of them in the desire to exclude them more.

If you are going to dictate certain behaviour or a pace which absolutely will be above that which others may be comfortable with then it is very fair to say you shouldn't be pushing that on others who didn't opt into that.
    Either pug it manually, or the rare exception above where you actually talk to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If you can't handle fast pulls maybe you should be playing Hearthstone or Flappy Bird or something
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I'm experiencing this quite a bit atm leveling up a holy pally, especially since I hit the 30-40 lvl dungeons. Probably the worst are Monk tanks who Roll and Tiger's Lust way OOR of anything, I've only got Holy Shock atm for an instant heal and that's not that great even in full Heirlooms. I've had a few die on pulls and then bitch and then leave after I told them what was wrong with what they're doing, these kids can't be criticized at all. Sorry you can't pull 3 packs you have less hp than me the healer, don't run OOR because I've got 1 instant cast to heal you. Learn where you're supposed to go in these dungeons so we can blow through them and not fuck around with 25 extra pulls that we shouldn't have had to get.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they're stupid. just go at a normal fast pace and you can still finish the dungeon in 5 minutes, but with the added bonus of everyone not thinking you're retarded.