Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    ....delusional until the end? They've always said no and they are still saying no. This was simply a more polite no.
    They also always said no about pve->pvp transfers. For years. Hardline no.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They haven't. They used emulators.
    Yes, and? Emulators are used all over the internet, why exactly is a problem? Even though I have never bothered to play on Nost, it still worked. They still had servers up and made them work, how they did it is irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    sigh

Did he really have to use the tagline "Make Azeroth great again"? I agreed with 99% of the stuff he talked about, but c'mon, Kern.

He actually printed them all, hot damn. Good video though, atleast someone that stands up for the pro-legacy people.

There is a VERY simple solution for both parties! It is hard to have a known formula that works in today's game designs. Vanilla WOW has shown to have one and a guaranteed fan base. All that has to be done is for the vanilla players to make their own game, lore, trademarks, IP, servers etc. base it on vanilla WOW and you will have a hit! Call it World of Stealcraft. BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    But they didn't see a "no" word in it anywhere!
    Here's your 'no':
    Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW.

Deleted
    If anything, that says that while difficult, it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    sigh

Did he really have to use the tagline "Make Azeroth great again"? I agreed with 99% of the stuff he talked about, but c'mon, Kern.
    Haha. I loved it. If there is anything I want Blizzard to take from all of this, then it is that WoW once was great, but isnt any more.
    Id much rather have a true sequel to Vanilla WoW, than legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He actually printed them all, hot damn. Good video though, atleast someone that stands up for the pro-legacy people.
    I could be getting confused, but is it safe to say you've 180'd on your stance on legacy servers over the course of this thread. I may be getting you confused with someone else, mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I could be getting confused, but is it safe to say you've 180'd on your stance on legacy servers over the course of this thread. I may be getting you confused with someone else, mind
    I've always been pro-legacy, and willing to play a lot on a classic server.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholren View Post
    If anything, that says that while difficult, it is possible.
    These keybaord turners trying to make new voices to a dead conversation, hot dang thats some clinginess.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Yes, and? Emulators are used all over the internet, why exactly is a problem?
    Because people are claiming that Nostalrius used the original vanilla code, which is false. They used an emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've always been pro-legacy, and willing to play a lot on a classic server.
    No worries

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because people are claiming that Nostalrius used the original vanilla code, which is false. They used an emulator.
    Apart from Lightspark, not sure that many people notice the difference. Certainly it isn't something I hear people complain about often - that it is obviously an emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    These keybaord turners trying to make new voices to a dead conversation, hot dang thats some clinginess.
    So, just because I don't have an old account on this website I can't be opinionated? Regardless, I only posted to explain the misinterpretation on the announcement. They didn't say no to legacy servers, and that's a first.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    So they don't need to fix that security hole that allowed people to dupe gold / items back in the day? Or fix that exploit that let people crash the server? They HAVE to backport a lot of security and performance patches which can be incredibly costly and time consuming.
    Yeah, good point. And they also launch all their games through the battle.net client with realid connection, which is definitely not compatible.

Remember patches and hotfixes back in the day? 12 hour+ downtime. Would we have to go back to that? So they would have to staff the tech teams in place to do that whole deploy process again.

The more I think about it, the more I start to understand that integrating a legacy server is a huge headache. But no matter how difficult, if they were to pull it off, there would be much rejoicing in the community. It's *probably* worth it still.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So now that they have said no again and said they same thing that many of have been saying in here can we close this thread?
    I mean it will die it's own death until Blizzcon when people ask the question and just get another version of the "Wall of NO" just like they got yesterday.

So now that they have said no again and said they same thing that many of have been saying in here can we close this thread?
    They said its difficult, they didn't say no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    sigh

He didn't light himself on fire. I'm very sad now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Where did they say no, if anything the big no wall is gone. They are talking to the Nos people as well, which tells me no is off the table at least for now.