Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    It's part enough of the community for you to spend an awful amount of time on threads related to it, though.

And it's an open letter made by the community, so yeah, it deserve its place on the front page.
    I reply to threads that catch my eye, and currently because of spam posting, it's near all that's on the main feed.

Second, completely missed my point. Things that go on the front page are FOR the community, this is not FOR the community, it's FOR blizzard, it even has it in the video title. Now shoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzard is going to go full crazy and go against all of this because they will not be bullied into giving people want they want.
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    200,000 players isn't something to be taken lightly, especially since it's in support of a private server.
    200,000 players is to be taken lightly when a ton of those could just be people signing more then once

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    They've commented on it before (countless times), and the response has always been an AFFIRMATIVE, NO CHANCE IN HELL. Obviously, the problem isn't on their end; instead, it's on YOUR end.
    What the actual fuck? Did you skip over the giant blue wall of text on front page?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So if I make a video to the community about something you disagree with?
    My creds are better, as I didn't run a company into the ground
    I disagree with a lot of things that are put on the front page. But life is such that sometime you have to face things you don't like (although, in pure honesty, there's absolutely no reason to dislike legacy servers, because if you're not interested, you're still not being impacted.)

And do you creds have team lead in Diablo II, Starcraft and World of Warcraft too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I reply to threads that catch my eye, and currently because of spam posting, it's near all that's on the main feed.

Second, completely missed my point. Things that go on the front page are FOR the community, this is not FOR the community, it's FOR blizzard, it even has it in the video title. Now shoo.
    You often use this kind of logic? It's a video made for the community, including the community addressed at both the community, Blizzard and Michael Morhaime.

Because if that was just toward Blizzard, the video would have one single view. Right now, it has 16k view and barely has been uploaded for... an hour? Less than a hour? Of course, maybe Michael Morhaime have 16k clones of himself.
    Also, shooing people doesn't make them magically disappear. It's not a fairy tale.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-04-26 at 05:42 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

A total waste of resources, code, and dollars. Y'all are clinging onto an "idea/feeling" that will never come back.
    How is storing something a waste of resources (a hard drive?), code (it already existed), and dollars (digital storage is cheap as hell). Blizzard has claimed Classic WoW doesn't exist. They basically erased it. From a historical preservation perspective, that's extremely short sighted and foolish. I'm not even arguing the merits of running a Legacy server right now. I'm only saying that EverQuest DID benefit from the option and I'm surprised Blizzard didn't store everything for the possibility in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Hehe, so the butthurt opinions of a red9 employee splashed all over Reddit make Kern "scum" now.

I mean, I'm sorry that this topic of legacy servers is generating tonnes more interest than anything going on in WoW that isn't Legion related at the moment; but other than that I'm not sure why you're so salty.
    Because I'm against the idea of Blizzard wasting money on something far worse than retail WoW.

In other words, the PR department issued a statement to let you down easily.
    No where said in the entire post. Hence the Pristine server you are obviously ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    200,000 players isn't something to be taken lightly, especially since it's in support of a private server.
    atleast half of those is hyped up from streamers nagging their viewerbase to sign up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    So his only post Blizzard gaming work was on a game where he got voted out as CEO of the company? Helps

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    No where said in the entire post. Hence the Pristine server you are obviously ignoring.
    Read between the lines. Also, the Pristine server that he's referencing would merely be a client that's up-to-date (minus the QoL updates to the game). In other words, a total flop that siphons off the necessary resources for the development and longevity of the game.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-26 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Because I'm against the idea of Blizzard wasting money on something far worse than retail WoW.
    Says who? The polls we do have info for not contradict you. According to MMOc poll more people want a pristine server than retail. This is ignoring the people who clicked no because they want a classic server.

They've commented on it before (countless times), and the response has always been an AFFIRMATIVE, NO CHANCE IN HELL. Obviously, the problem isn't on their end; instead, it's on YOUR end.
    Man, remember how we'll never have a second spec, let alone a third?
    Nor faction changes
    Nor....

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    That train has left the station?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Read between the lines.
    All there is is empty space. Good job trying to put words into Blizzards mouth though. Not surprised with your sig being #teamlegion. You would make up anything to try and support yourself that Blizzard said something they never did.

First, anyone against the idea is irrelevant.
    Well, there is a great lead in.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    atleast half of those is hyped up from streamers nagging their viewerbase to sign up.
    Pretty sure you know better by now than to post stuff like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    If Blizzard gives time and resources to it, it will be at the cost of real content.
    If they don't and just allow pirate servers to do it instead they are not protecting their intellectual property.
    Because hiring 5 new people to manage the legacy stuff will hurt current content? If they price it right they will make a ton of money of legacy servers, so investing for it is not a bad idea.

Its not like you are getting any content on live servers as it is now anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Says who? The polls we do have info for not contradict you. According to MMOc poll more people want a pristine server than retail. This is ignoring the people who clicked no because they want a classic server.
    tons and tons of people don't go on MMOc the polls do not reflect the whole playerbase of wow

According to polls more people want Trump than food
    According to polls we should beat valley girls with rocks in the street
    According to polls we should burn whitey for his privilege

A lot of people go with the masses and the loudest yelling group, but when it comes time to realize that they no longer get to play WoW for free, and that Blizzard is involved again, we'll see how much people still support it. If those poles were actually worthwhile data, it would mean they would have to have as many Legion servers as Pristine servers, because -clearly- more people want Pristine servers.. right?