Thread: Velhari who?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I think it's a bit of a contested territory because it doesn't violate balance between classes. I recently had some discussions on this on what is considered "clever use". I believe it's not clever use when you use obscure tricks that Blizzard never anticipated that violate the balance between classes (say, switching an ancient tier set before the pull that gives an important dps boost to a class) because we know for a fact Blizzard designs with balance of classes in mind so when the trick violates that it is by definition a bug and even if it's not fixed yet, it is by default on a list of bugs to be fixed. In this case though those people didn't do anything that violates balance.

But, I would put it in a category of "too messy and inconvenient and progress-incompatible [the trash are dead in progress]" for it to be part of the game normally. So it does seem like something the devs would not want to have in the game at all. And it still looks like something that could be by default in the queue of bugs but due to luck of time and resources it's not fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Azortharion WCL was only just gaining traction back in SoO and didn't have the audience to legitimately start cleaning out cheesy logs at the time. This became much more of a 'thing' in WoD when WCL was the go-to.
    This is just wrong, your sense of time is skewed. WCL replaced WoL about the time SoO started in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    This is just wrong, your sense of time is skewed. WCL replaced WoL about the time SoO started in the first place.
    https://www.google.co.uk/trends/expl...tz=Etc%2FGMT-1

No. WCL only started in any real means during SoO, and it wasn't until the later half it even overtook it. Even then, you can't start making controversial changes while you only have the early adopters as they are prone to leaving easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/trends/expl...tz=Etc%2FGMT-1

No. WCL only started in any real means during SoO, and it wasn't until the later half it even overtook it. Even then, you can't start making controversial changes while you only have the early adopters as they are prone to leaving easily.
    Everyone with a brain including those who ever gave a damn about ranking was using WCL for anything analysis and performance judgment-related well before WCL overtook WoL on google trends, which is a pointless measurement for something like this.

Yea, raiding tier lasting too long. Check.

Legendary rings being absurd. Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Everyone with a brain including those who ever gave a damn about ranking was using WCL for anything analysis and performance judgment-related well before WCL overtook WoL on google trends, which is a pointless measurement for something like this.
    So you with your brain were using it before it was even known by anyone? ;D

Let's make something clear, WCL wasn't even *STARTED* until after the creator was struggling to get the data he wanted out of dark animus that WOL wasn't providing. To top this off, the traffic WCL saw wasn't even 1/10th in SoO what it saw in WoD.

By the looks of it, Kihra only started taking public feedback via mmo-champion.com in april - once again this is halfway through SoO and while WCL was very promising at the time it had bugs, was laggy, and did not even have the entire functionality of WOL yet (although it had a few other things going for it).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eedback-Thread

I'm not saying it was bad back then, I certainly switched pretty quick once the mmo-champion thread came up - but I wan't to see some evidence from you that WCL was as popular as you say it was at the start of SoO. Right now you are insulting rather than bringing anything to the table simply because it doesn't fit your biased narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Awesome use of the game mechanics here. That was really funny to watch, congrats !

Deleted
    Ignore all the guys pursuing some greater goal with how it was "out of place/cheating" or whatever they want to call it.

All I want to say is, well done. That was actually genuinely interesting to watch and look up on in the logs.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're just mad because they don't have max Legend rings because they either quit the game cus "MUH FEELS NOT WOW VANILLA" or cus they don't have a guild of friends to raid with in a similar boat to do something like this.

Perfectly legitimate kills and utilization of mechanics, if not unintended use out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While not a trinket, Gurth from Dragon Soul was probably stronger than Shadowmourne was back in it's day. Those tentacles absolutely annihilated stuff, and it was by far the most powerfull single item in that entire tier.
    To be completely fair, Gurth leveled the playing field for strength DPS classes as Legendary-wielding Casters and rogues would have left them in the dust had it not been for that weapon. They NEEDED it.

15+ Year Old Account
    so much butthurt in youtube comments.

when u had everything on farm for 6months ur allowed to kill farm bosses in a fun way, who gives a fuck about ranking anyway
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    To be completely fair, Gurth leveled the playing field for strength DPS classes as Legendary-wielding Casters and rogues would have left them in the dust had it not been for that weapon. They NEEDED it.
    Oh I'm not saying otherwise - I'm just saying that a *normal* strength weapon was rivalling legendary agility and int weapons. If that's not overpowered, I don't know what is (warranted or not).

10+ Year Old Account
    that was freakin awesome
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I can't wait to see people keep Azgalor alive before Archimonde, spawning millions of doom guards only to eventually AoE them all down and either instantly kill Archimonde or at the very least get to instant P3.
    To instant kill archimonde you need only 53,7 Full life lesser doomguards with a 795 ring proc (every DPS needs 795). The DD amount doesn't matter, you just have to kill all doomguards pre proc. 50 if you burst it with archimonde. But its hard totank them at full life, so go with 60.

Would be interesting, if Archimonde heals when he get to P3.