Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When will Bernie Sanders supporter realize elections and voting is not for them

They seem to think that their opinion matters more than those of supporters of Hillary and Drumpf, they have lost and now try to find an excuse why they failed to turn peoples opinion to their savior, all you have to do is look at the same republicans who are wondering why drumpf is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    They seem to think that their opinion matters more than those of supporters of Hillary and Drumpf, they have lost and now try to find an excuse why they failed to turn peoples opinion to their savior, all you have to do is look at the same republicans who are wondering why drumpf is winning.
    Person who does not like the political left telling left-wingers that they should not vote. How about you not voting instead?

Deleted
    I got popcorn

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Person who does not like left-wingers telling left-wingers that they should not vote. How about you not voting instead?
    He seems to think his opinion matters more than others.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    He seems to think his opinion matters more than others.
    IMO if his own political beliefs were that great he'd want as many people as possible to vote, because those beliefs would win out and convince people to join his side. Apparently though he'd rather just suppress the other side because, I'm guessing, most other people think his brand of politics is a load of crap.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently though he'd rather just suppress the other side
    Pretty much the right-wing thinking right there. "If you don't like it then leave". They're terrified of change.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Honestly I think Bernie supporters and the liberal media in an ironic twist came back to haunt Sanders more than anything else. In particular the Bernie Bros brought a level of ignorance and abrasiveness to politics that even Donald Trump has reached, if you look at how they behaved at Trump rallies you'd see guy's walking around in KKK outfits and running around and calling everyone "racist", with zero intent on creating dialogue, for example. Sounds funny at the time but I think enough people picked up on that to the point where Sanders himself came as a turn off by extension, sadly.

Ditto with the left wing media, we've seen shows like The Young Turks, the Daily Show, etc. dedicate so much time to bashing white males that it's almost unpopular to be a white male running for President now. It didn't even take long for BLM to rear their ugly head at his rally, pretty much assuming the guy was "racist" without taking a moment to examine his policies or beliefs. Of course these aren't the only factors in his failed run for the Presidency but it seems pretty obvious, at least to me, that they were big ones.

I'll be glad when people stop telling people to stop participating in the electoral process before it is actually over. What is this new thing about giving up before its over when the race is still rather tight? I know the Baby Boomers and Gen Xer's love a win because the other side gave up early, but how about we just let the election cycle run its course? The reason there is a primary is to see what everyone decides is the candidate for their party. So, how about we stop telling people to give up before everyone gets their say? How about we let the democracy portion actually go through the steps?

Is that a lot to ask?

Is it too much for Hillary and Trump to have to see the game out? She isn't winning by 10 runs, yes she is ahead, but that doesn't mean the rest of the states involved shouldn't have a chance to vote. She has been splitting hairs in most states against Bernie. Trump has been crushing so if anything, that anyone should be bitching about anyone stepping out, its Cruz and Kaisch, but in reality everyone can stay as long as they want its democracy.

Voting is for everyone eligible to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Honestly I think Bernie supporters and the liberal media in an ironic twist came back to haunt Sanders more than anything else. In particular the Bernie Bros brought a level of ignorance and abrasiveness to politics that even Donald Trump has reached, if you look at how they behaved at Trump rallies you'd see guy's walking around in KKK outfits and running around and calling everyone "racist", with zero intent on creating dialogue, for example. Sounds funny at the time but I think enough people picked up on that to the point where Sanders himself came as a turn off by extension, sadly.

Ditto with the left wing media, we've seen shows like The Young Turks, the Daily Show, etc. dedicate so much time to bashing white males that it's almost unpopular to be a white male running for President now. It didn't even take long for BLM to rear their ugly head at his rally, pretty much assuming the guy was "racist" without taking a moment to examine his policies or beliefs. Of course these aren't the only factors in his failed run for the Presidency but it seems pretty obvious, at least to me, that they were big ones.
    You've invented a narrative that is fundamentally incorrect. If you look at the voting breakdown for Sanders vs Hillary you will see two splits. One along racial lines. The other along age. Hillary grabbed the non-white support due to historical ties between her husband and non-whites. She grabbed the older voters because they are more centrist and less desiring of rapid change.

However I would not dismiss the Bernie block so fast. The very fact that his support comes from the younger generations, and the degree to which they support his brand of politics, is a window into the politics of the country in a decade or two decades hence. When they start voting in large numbers they will reshape the country to how they want it to be (they are already having an influence witness the legalization of gay marriage), just as the boomers did until about 2008. This is merely the first five minutes of the first quarter of what is to come.

You've invented a narrative that is fundamentally incorrect. If you look at the voting breakdown for Sanders vs Hillary you will see two splits. One along racial lines. The other along age. Hillary grabbed the non-white support due to historical ties between her husband and non-whites. She grabbed the older voters because they are more centrist and less desiring of rapid change.

However I would not dismiss the Bernie block so fast. The very fact that his support comes from the younger generations, and the degree to which they support his brand of politics, is a window into the politics of the country in a decade or two decades hence. When they start voting in large numbers they will reshape the country to how they want it to be (they are already having an influence witness the legalization of gay marriage), just as the boomers did until about 2008. This is merely the first five minutes of the first quarter of what is to come.
    This is correct. There is a lot of truth to the narrative that the Democrats have left white working class voters behind, but Sanders actually ATTRACTS those people. A lot of white working class people are Republican not because they are conservative, but because Democrats can be very abrasive and hostile towards working class whites. There is a lot of denial on the left about this issue, and it is going to start costing them.

The fact however remains that these people will ultimately be voting for the establishment hand picked candidates so I have trouble believing that we will see major changes but I suppose time will tell. 8 years from now, these folks will be older and as you described it, more centrist

That being said, Hillary is a candidate with a lot of controversy, despite the efforts of some on the left to paint her out as "uncaring about black people" for example, she's dominated Bernie in getting the black votes. I think the reasons for why she's gotten these votes, as well as the votes of older people may be more complex than "these people don't want rapid change" and "blacks liked Bill Clinton". Of course I'm merely speculating, but for all intents and purposes, Sanders appeared to be giving the left what they were asking for, and they still clearly have told him "No".

Voting is for the barely-informed, I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The fact however remains that these people will ultimately be voting for the establishment hand picked candidates so I have trouble believing that we will see major changes but I suppose time will tell. 8 years from now, these folks will be older and as you described it, more centrist
    It's a myth that people become more conservative with age. If they did, people would have double down on segregation as time wore on.

That being said, Hillary is a candidate with a lot of controversy, despite the efforts of some on the left to paint her out as "uncaring about black people" for example, she's dominated Bernie in getting the black votes. I think the reasons for why she's gotten these votes, as well as the votes of older people may be more complex than "these people don't want rapid change" and "blacks liked Bill Clinton". Of course I'm merely speculating, but for all intents and purposes, Sanders appeared to be giving the left what they were asking for, and they still clearly have told him "No".
    Have they clearly told him "No"? It looks to me like he went from relatively unknown to within a stones throw of the most influential and well known Democratic politician on the planet, besides the President, over the course of a year, on message alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    This is different from passionate supporters of any candidate how?

So voting is not for strong supporters of:
    - Marco Rubio
    - Ben Carson
    - Jeb Bush
    - Jim Gilmore
    - Chris Christie
    - Carly Fiorina
    - Rick Santorum
    - Mike Huckabee
    - Bernie Sanders
    - Ted Cruz (probably)
    - John Kasich (very likely)

So...most people just shouldn't vote?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I got popcorn
    want some nachos?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story bro? Also, this didn't need another thread.

Only WINNERS should vote. How dare you even think of voting for someone who might LOSE. Are you a LOSER?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's a myth that people become more conservative with age. If they did, people would have double down on segregation as time wore on.
    Hey I was merely following up on AlexW's own argument.

Have they clearly told him "No"? It looks to me like he went from relatively unknown to within a stones throw of the most influential and well known Democratic politician on the planet, besides the President, over the course of a year, on message alone.
    Well in regards to the delegate count, yes, the voters have said "No". This despite spreading a message that we take a lot more money from wealthy people and essentially give out considerably more "free things" than US citizens enjoy. Sanders is a smart man, he knows people are usually perceptive to the word "free"... but it hasn't worked for him in this case.

He havnt lost and really the mission is on hillary to win over the left when election comes not our fault that a lot of people will not be voting in november when the choice is between two bad candidates for the country