Poll: What was your least favorite expansion?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wrath is the only expansion to date that made me quit for over a year. Just hated the theme, the wc3 stuff, Arthas here Arthas there. It never appealed to me. I found MoP lore to be the best. I perceived it as much more subtle and mature. The Arthas tragic-hero thing never did it for me.
    Coincidentally my friends stopped playing in Wrath as they didn't like it and thus I was left stranded in Dalaran with LFD and **** all.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOD by far,,,, it destroyed my desire to ever play again.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was the worst, followed by WoD and then MoP.

1. Vanilla wasn't an expansion

2. Anybody who voted BC or Wrath is either trolling or needs to stop playing actual video games and focus on things like Candy Crush.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK and WoD was equally bad...

But there was less rehash and more stuff to do in WoD, so vote naturally goes to WotLK..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Sorry but WoD was an awful expansion. I had way more fun during Cataclysm, as a comparison.
    I still have hopes that Legion will be better but I'll wait and see.

I'll have to agree with the majority and say WoD. I used to love gathering out in the world and garrisons ruined that for me - the follower missions were fun at first but when they got old... there was no going back. It was the last expansion I'll ever play.

I HATED MoP......hate the story, hate pandas, hate the raids, hate monks........hate it. WoTLK and BC were my fav's.

Ranked best to worst: WoTLK, BC, Vanilla, Cata, WoD, MoP

In terms of general class and spec playability:
    Cata > MoP > WoD > WotLK > TBC > Vanilla

In terms of most fun with the expansion:
    Cata > MoP > WotLK > WoD/TBC > Vanilla

In Terms of PVP:
    TBC > WotLK > Cata > MoP > Vanilla > WoD

In terms of PVE:
    Cata > MoP > WoD > WotLK > TBC/Vanilla

Landlords of Garrisoncraft
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So, you hated Wrath? It was loaded with catch-up mechanics. You could get tier by running heroic 5 mans.
    Wotlk did not have real insane grenade in hand basket catchup mechanics until TOC 5 mans, so that meant HALF of the expansion was good to go. Half spoiled is better then the entire thing being spoiled for me as a casual.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

looks like legion will be the winner once you add it to the poll
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say least favorite, for it also contains some of my favorite things..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Wotlk did not have real insane grenade in hand basket catchup mechanics until TOC 5 mans, so that meant HALF of the expansion was good to go. Half spoiled is better then the entire thing being spoiled for me as a casual.
    Naxx 2.0 doesn't count, as the first tier doesn't need catchup. So you are really just talking about Ulduar.

GC has stated participation in Ulduar was (and I quote) "tiny". So, if anything, Wrath demonstrates that catch up mechanisms aren't optional if the game is to actually work. But if you like, you may continue to avoid confronting this evidence. I won't care.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Cata, by a huge margin. Going into it I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. As soon as I started playing and realized they gutted shaman I was almost done. I leveled a warrior, thought the new leveling areas were cool. But past that there was nothing. I unsubscribed until right before WoD. Panda never drew my attention, didn't play it until pre patch warlords. It didn't seem bad, but pandas were an awful choice for an expansion.

I get the feeling Legion is going to be the end of wow for me. I don't have the time to play facebook wow games. If the new class changes don't pan out, I don't think I have wow left in me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was worse than cataclysm, and then mop. wotlk & bc were both pretty good.
    Hi

TBC was my least favorite expac. I was into the lore of the game and it was jarring for me as to why we were killing Illidan. It made no sense and the game didn't even try to make sense of it. Leveling as a Warlock on a PvP server also probably contributed. I also did not like the two raid sizes you had to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Naxx 2.0 doesn't count, as the first tier doesn't need catchup. So you are really just talking about Ulduar.

GC has stated participation in Ulduar was (and I quote) "tiny". So, if anything, Wrath demonstrates that catch up mechanisms aren't optional if the game is to actually work. But if you like, you may continue to avoid confronting this evidence. I won't care.
    Flexible, Cross-realm, b.net tags, premade finder and other QoL did not exist back then.

Same argument goes for Vanilla, where it was impossible for casuals to muster 40. And TBC where 10 man Karazhan to 25 man gruul's was a nightmare. Just because there was no catchup back then does not make it the sole creator of problems. Catchup is not necessary in the insane quantity we have now, unless people actually like having no relevant content and grinding HFC for 14 months because everything else is either obsolete or never ran in the first place.

I thought the old expacs had more subs then now? I thought it didn't work
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I thought the old expacs had more subs then now? I thought it didn't work
    Are you attempting to make a coherent argument there? If so, you failed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Rule of thumb: The last expac always is the worst.