355. This poll is closed
  • Vol'jin

175 49.30%
  • Sylvanas

180 50.70%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Although that may be true, however it didn't happen to Sylvanas. It happened to Vol'jin and he took the initiative to retaliate as expected.

So again, first come first served.
    You're forgetting that she wasn't able to get back on Arthas for killing her, and you claim she would get on Garrosh? xD She didn't event went for Godfrey and he headshotted her leaving lovely hole in the head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Actually, following that track record we have a whole contingent of Naga spanked to death, included their undead and quite powerful leader.

He didn't decide anything. He stated the rules of the very kind of Mak'gora Garrosh proposed. Cairne had to do that because, while Garrosh proposed a duel to the death, he was idiot enough to not be knowledgeable about the traditions of his own people.
    Or you know maybe because it is prose, a book and it is common for second person to expand on the first speaker's terms.

Garrosh: let's do something about Vol'jin
    Grommash: you mean that limping cunt of a troll who is only versed in asking for help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Although that may be true, however it didn't happen to Sylvanas. It happened to Vol'jin and he took the initiative to retaliate as expected.

So again, first come first served.
    One thing is certain, she never spoke against Garrosh, not a single time (despite how her short-story proved she shared Vol'jin's exact opinion regarding Garrosh's war campaigns) Sylvanas is obviously the kind of character that loves to draw little attention and strike only when the situation is widely favorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I wish I'd see Sylvanas Warchief one day, fight to death! ^^ Brutal leading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Or you know maybe because it is prose, a book and it is common for second person to expand on the first speaker's terms.

Garrosh: let's do something about Vol'jin
    Grommash: you mean that limping cunt of a troll who is only versed in asking for help?
    This wasn't dialogue flow for the reader. Cairne makes a point that Garrosh didn't know his own culture.
    Garrosh sneered. “The mak’gora has been weakened. Watered down. Since Thrall’s decree, it has become nothing more than a show. You want to fight me? Then fight me truly. I am in charge of the Horde now, and I say I will accept your challenge of the mak’gora—the old mak’gora. The way it once was, with all the old rules. All of them.
    Cairne’s eyes narrowed. “To the death, then?”
    Garrosh grinned. “To the death. Perhaps now you will apologize.”
    [...]
    “You know what you need, of course.”
    Garrosh hesitated.
    “What weapon? What garb to wear? How many witnesses?” asked Cairne.
    When Garrosh, his cheeks darkening in embarrassment, shook his head, Cairne snorted. “You call for a traditional fight, yet I, a tauren, understand your orcish traditions better than you!”

--The Shattering

Vol'Jin winning as expected. Albeit narrowly given the expansion we're heading into. Had this same question been asked at the end of MoP or end of WoD pre-Legion announcement Vol'Jin would have a higher lead.

I recall polls of "who should take over after Garrosh" pre-SoO being highly in favor of Vol'Jin. I think Blizzard made his character so boring and inconsequential in WoD nobody really cares anymore. Ofc, same can be said for just about any other faction leader or major lore character left to rot on Azeroth.

End of SoO I was so psyched to see a Horde run by Vol'Jin. These days I don't even care. Gallywix could lead it for all we care.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing is certain, she never spoke against Garrosh, not a single time (despite how her short-story proved she shared Vol'jin's exact opinion regarding Garrosh's war campaigns) Sylvanas is obviously the kind of character that loves to draw little attention and strike only when the situation is widely favorable.
    Because she gives no shits about Kalimdor and no shits about the majority of the Horde. If Orcs, Trolls and Tauren died overnight Sylvanas would laugh and go about her usual business. She's got shit for gratitude, must be an elf thing since the BEs are the same way.

I'm not doubting Sylvanas capabilities as Warchief. At the time however it was better to stop Garrosh's tyranny as soon as possible, and Vol'jin was the one leading the charge. Blizzard seems to have a habit of handing out leadership rolls once in a while so maybe Sylvanas will get her chance, but not today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    You're forgetting that she wasn't able to get back on Arthas for killing her, and you claim she would get on Garrosh? xD She didn't event went for Godfrey and he headshotted her leaving lovely hole in the head.
    Fun fact that you mention that Because sylvanas actually faced arthas on numerous occasions. Unlike vol'jin who never had balls to stand against garry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This wasn't dialogue flow for the reader. Cairne makes a point that Garrosh didn't know his own culture.
    Garrosh sneered. “The mak’gora has been weakened. Watered down. Since Thrall’s decree, it has become nothing more than a show. You want to fight me? Then fight me truly. I am in charge of the Horde now, and I say I will accept your challenge of the mak’gora—the old mak’gora. The way it once was, with all the old rules. All of them.
    Cairne’s eyes narrowed. “To the death, then?”
    Garrosh grinned. “To the death. Perhaps now you will apologize.”
    [...]
    “You know what you need, of course.”
    Garrosh hesitated.
    “What weapon? What garb to wear? How many witnesses?” asked Cairne.
    When Garrosh, his cheeks darkening in embarrassment, shook his head, Cairne snorted. “You call for a traditional fight, yet I, a tauren, understand your orcish traditions better than you!”

--The Shattering
    I did not remember it. My mistake then. You digital book owners have it so much easier!

Anyway, it still does not make him an idiot, just without a certain knowledge which can be explained by the fact he lived among the refugees. He knew only about the death thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh offered them future. Thrall made them suffer, starve and thirst. You are almost at 0% lore knowledge at this point.
    Thrall offered them a future.Garrosh offered them death.You are almost at 0% lore knowledge at this point.100% trolling though.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not remember it. My mistake then. You digital book owners have it so much easier!

Anyway, it still does not make him an idiot, just without a certain knowledge which can be explained by the fact he lived among the refugees. He knew only about the death thing.
    It does make him an idiot.He lived in the place where Orcish customs were still being upheld.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Thrall offered them a future.Garrosh offered them death.You are almost at 0% lore knowledge at this point.100% trolling though.
    No. Garrosh secured food for them, water, lands, materials. He even eliminated threat of Theramore and annihilated their high ranking officers. Reinforced Orgrimmar etc etc. Thrall doomed them all and binded in inaction, turned orcs almost as letargic as they were in camps. Thrall was nothing more than a slavemaster with broken, mental ideology

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It does make him an idiot.He lived in the place where Orcish customs were still being upheld.
    And how do you know it? These guys were survivors, cut from their clans. Living their simple lives. Whatever they practised was most definately altered from before pox and corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Garrosh secured food for them, water, lands, materials. He even eliminated threat of Theramore and annihilated their high ranking officers. Reinforced Orgrimmar etc etc. Thrall doomed them all and binded in inaction, turned orcs almost as letargic as they were in camps. Thrall was nothing more than a slavemaster with broken, mental ideology
    Garrosh brought war upon them when resources were scarce.Thrall brought them peace and allowed them to lead normal lives while providing them with all they needed till the cataclysm struck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Because she gives no shits about Kalimdor and no shits about the majority of the Horde. If Orcs, Trolls and Tauren died overnight Sylvanas would laugh and go about her usual business. She's got shit for gratitude, must be an elf thing since the BEs are the same way.
    The most wasteful of Garrosh's campaigns involved the Forsaken specifically, so what you talk about is not the point clearly.

Sylvanas doesn't like direct approaches, that's mostly evident. If she's not confident that she can do something about a situation (no matter how unfavorable it is) she conveniently suck it up until she can't exploit a favorable turn of events (like, you know, a rising rebellion on the other side of the ocean).

I'm not doubting Sylvanas capabilities as Warchief. At the time however it was better to stop Garrosh's tyranny as soon as possible, and Vol'jin was the one leading the charge. Blizzard seems to have a habit of handing out leadership rolls once in a while so maybe Sylvanas will get her chance, but not today.
    Neither did I, just pointing out the different characters/approaches. Besides, there's pretty much nothing to judge either of them since one barely did anything worthwhile as Warchief and the other doesn't seem to do more than pursuing a personal agenda the moment she has become one. We'll need the full picture granted by the released expansion to understand what the heck is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And how do you know it? These guys were survivors, cut from their clans. Living their simple lives. Whatever they practised was most definately altered from before pox and corruption.
    Makgora is Orc tradition.Even before the corruption. He lived where the old Orc tradition were upheld.And he still didnt know about it,even though he was considered to be a warrior.

Sylvanas is self-serving, simple as. The Forsaken now exists as a shield to keep her from undeath. What does that say what she'd do with the rest of the Horde? And before her fanboys come and "B-B-BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE! SHE CARES FOR HER P-PEOPLE!" go read Edge of Night.

Deleted
    Makgora is Orc tradition.Even before the corruption. He lived where the old Orc tradition were upheld.And he still didnt know about it,even though he was considered to be a warrior.
    Do you think that these weakened guys engaged in mak'gora? They were occupied with survival and It is not as if there were piles of books. These guys were branded rejects. It appears that everything somebody told him was about death rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think that these weakened guys engaged in mak'gora? They were occupied with survival and It is not as if there were piles of books. These guys were branded rejects. It appears that everything somebody told him was about death rule.
    The fact that a proud warrior like him failed to know as much as he can about the Orc warrior tradition shows you his character.Also Garadar was filled with elders who could have easily tought him the rules.

Deleted
    The fact that a proud warrior like him failed to know as much as he can about the Orc warrior tradition shows you his character.Also Garadar was filled with elders who could have easily tought him the rules.
    Not that pride at that moment in his past. From elders he only learned how bad his father was. Yes, it shows that he was lost in himself on a broken planet.
    Times change.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Sylvanas is self-serving, simple as. The Forsaken now exists as a shield to keep her from undeath. What does that say what she'd do with the rest of the Horde? And before her fanboys come and "B-B-BUT THAT'S NOT TRUE! SHE CARES FOR HER P-PEOPLE!" go read Edge of Night.
    Its like you read the cliffnote on Edge of Night which is hilariously pathetic considering how short it is. Edge of Night is her actually starting to care about her people. Go be butthurt about Sylvanas somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Its like you read the cliffnote on Edge of Night which is hilariously pathetic considering how short it is. Edge of Night is her actually starting to care about her people. Go be butthurt about Sylvanas somewhere else.
    Its kinda hilarious how some people present self-defeating arguments.