Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

[WA2] Astral Power Pro Bar (Cyous)

:: Astral Power Pro Bar ::

Author: Cyous
    Credits: TwinTop, Krazyito

:: Downloads ::

Import String (v2.0.1 [Release])
    (Export and Import each string one at a time.)

:: Features ::

Smart Resource Prediction
    Know exactly how much Astral Power you will have before your cast finishes.

Fury of Elune Tracker
    Provides the remaining time on your FOE.

Smart DOT Tracker
    Tells you exactly how many Moonfire and Sunfire spells you have active.
    Globalized variables allows you to call this tracker by using "TOTAL_DOTS."

Full Tracking List
    Predicted Astral Power (Solar Wath, Lunar Strike), Fury of Elune, Moonfire, Sunfire, Stellar Flare (Predicted),
    Starfall, Lunar Empowerment, Solar Empowerment, Shooting Stars (global), DOTs (global), Overflow Warning
    New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon, Force of Nature, Warrior of Elune, Astral Communion, Celestial Alignment (Incarnation)

:: Video Preview ::

Known Issues:
    - ElvUI and Masque skins may collide with my settings, so you need to disable ElvUI and Masque skins on WeakAuras if things seem buggy.
    - Your game "freezing" is expected, but just let it run.
    - Bar will fail to load on occasion. Normally, this can be fixed by either attempting to cast or reloading the UI (/reload). Opening the WeakAuras options pane and clicking on the bars will sometimes work.

I will be using this thread to host my new WA2 class bar for WoW: Legion.

Please report all LUA ERRORS traced to this module.

Warning ("Malicious Code"):
    - There is a ton of custom Lua code. I promise there is nothing malicious.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2017-03-16 at 09:15 PM.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

7+ Year Old Account
    I moved the bars and now it doesn't work pls fix

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    From one weakaura bar to track a specific resource to another..yay, was hoping the new system would be a bit more intuitive but still cyous thank you very much for taking your time to put this together.

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    I moved the bars and now it doesn't work pls fix
    You dont even have alpha yet.

Deleted
    I tried importing but the only things that appear in my weakaura options are AP_ASP_CALCS, AP_Bar, AP_Number, AstralBar_Shiny / _FoE, and the group AP_ProBar which i cant interact with at all. halp :_0

Quote Originally Posted by Tunafishy View Post
    I tried importing but the only things that appear in my weakaura options are AP_ASP_CALCS, AP_Bar, AP_Number, AstralBar_Shiny / _FoE, and the group AP_ProBar which i cant interact with at all. halp :_0
    I just tested it, and all auras imported fine.

Please update WeakAuras.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-04-25 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Please update WeakAuras.
    This took me a while to figure out, but you need an updated live version of WeakAuras in your Interface/Addons folder, and you can then just copy & replace the WeakAuras files in the first post into the main WeakAuras folder. Might be a good idea to include it in the first post, since it's not immediately obvious (at least wasn't for me).

Nonetheless, the power bar looks amazing and works pretty well! Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    This took me a while to figure out, but you need an updated live version of WeakAuras in your Interface/Addons folder, and you can then just copy & replace the WeakAuras files in the first post into the main WeakAuras folder. Might be a good idea to include it in the first post, since it's not immediately obvious (at least wasn't for me).

Nonetheless, the power bar looks amazing and works pretty well! Nice work
    Shouldn't need to do that ~ In the link provided, you simply to extract those 4 folders to Inferface\AddOns.
    https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/723363503436779520
    (Links are the same.)

Shouldn't need to do that ~ In the link provided, you simply to extract those 4 folders to Inferface\AddOns.
    https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/723363503436779520
    (Links are the same.)
    That didn't work for me, for whatever reason, probably did something wrong along the way

That didn't work for me, for whatever reason, probably did something wrong along the way
    Do you get the WA folders in your AddOn menu (in-game)?
    - WeakAuras 2
    - WeakAuras Model Paths
    - WeakAuras Options
    - WeakAuras Tutorials

Do you get the WA folders in your AddOn menu (in-game)?
    - WeakAuras 2
    - WeakAuras Model Paths
    - WeakAuras Options
    - WeakAuras Tutorials
    I do now yeah, and also before when I couldn't get it to work, just got a ton of LUA errors. However, I had some client crashes in between so it might have been one of those incessant crashes unrelated to addons, who knows. I'll delete it and do it the old way again to confirm.

I do now yeah, and also before when I couldn't get it to work, just got a ton of LUA errors. However, I had some client crashes in between so it might have been one of those incessant crashes unrelated to addons, who knows. I'll delete it and do it the old way again to confirm.
    Delete your cache. That actually does fix many errors.

Deleted
    Hey.

Great work on these bars but I think I found a problem. When you have BotA enabled the prediction actually calculates the 1.4x of the regular cast asp but when you have incarnation it actually doesnt seem to predict the 1.5x asp regen, it basically stick to the default 6 and 10 values for the casts.

I tried changing some variables to no effect.

Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Greyowl View Post
    Hey.

Great work on these bars but I think I found a problem. When you have BotA enabled the prediction actually calculates the 1.4x of the regular cast asp but when you have incarnation it actually doesnt seem to predict the 1.5x asp regen, it basically stick to the default 6 and 10 values for the casts.

I tried changing some variables to no effect.

Grey
    The only possible way that would happen is if "Incarnation: Chosen of Elune" and "Celestial Alignment" do not "share/morph" a name. (I should be able to call Incarnation from Celestial Alignment.)

The calcs are set up in such a way that only LS and SW are modified by BOTA_E and CA/INC, and the non-filler spells are ignored outright by BOTA and CA/INC.
    E_global = (non_fillers) + (filler * BOTA * CA_INC).

If were not casting a filler, then "filler" is worth 0, and our non-filler spell (X) would be alone. E = X + (0 = 0 * 1.4 * 1.5); E = X

If BOTA or CA/INC are not active, then these variables are set to 1 (respectively). Basically, it allows it to return your proper numbers.

If you would be kind as to test both CA and Incarnation, with BOTA_E active for both tests.
    You should receive a predcited value of 21 for Lunar Strike in both cases.

(I am in the process of moving, so I do not have the means to verify this report.)
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-04-30 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Ill try and change some values like you posted. Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    The only possible way that would happen is if "Incarnation: Chosen of Elune" and "Celestial Alignment" do not "share/morph" a name. (I should be able to call Incarnation from Celestial Alignment.)

While looking through the code I noticed this

Code:
    local CA
    CA = 'Celestial Alignment' or 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune'
    Basically, this is wrong becasue CA will always hold the value Celestial Alignment (and for the code it wont work correct I'm pretty sure if you're specced Inc)

To fix this just do:
    Code:
    local CA = select(4, GetTalentInfo(5, 2, 1)) -- says if Incarnation is selected or not
    if CA then CA = 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune' else CA = 'Celestial Alignment' end
    That way it should know if you're talented correctly.

edit: Just tested it both ways, its definitely the code i mentioned.
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2016-05-01 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    While looking through the code I noticed this

Code:
    local CA
    CA = 'Celestial Alignment' or 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune'
    Basically, this is wrong becasue CA will always hold the value Celestial Alignment (and for the code it wont work correct I'm pretty sure if you're specced Inc)

To fix this just do:
    Code:
    local CA = select(4, GetTalentInfo(5, 2, 1)) -- says if Incarnation is selected or not
    if CA then CA = 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune' else CA = 'Celestial Alignment' end
    That way it should know if you're talented correctly.

edit: Just tested it both ways, its definitely the code i mentioned.
    I noticed the CA = 'Celestial Alignment' or 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune' but wasnt sure how to change it.

Thanks a lot.

I Get this Lua error when i try to import it.

Message: Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:3069: Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\Prototypes.lua:1093: attempt to call global 'GetEclipseDirection' (a nil value)
    Time: 05/13/16 20:32:27
    Count: 2
    Stack: [C]: ?
    Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:3069: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:3052>

Locals: (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = "Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\Prototypes.lua:1093: attempt to call global 'GetEclipseDirection' (a nil value)"

Deleted
    I've got some strange behaviour of the wa since the start of beta - sometimes the astral power number doesn't work at all. It doesn't exist. The astral power bar flashes in blue and thats it. It doesn't move or tries to predict.
    Sometimes it gets fixed after a wow restart, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe its related to the Lua error written above, but i haven't got any errors so far.