Thread: Season 6

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Anyone have a decent WD Zuni build I can bum off? Much appreciated.
    Zuni is currently in a pretty bad place. Its kinda slow for TX and low grifts(<70) and it cant push as hard as other WD builds.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/788...bats-pet-build

This is probably your best bet. Its kinda sad that everything Zuni can do either Helltooth or LoN can do better atm. And jade is a completly different playstyle.

Anyone have a decent WD Zuni build I can bum off? Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Zuni is currently in a pretty bad place. Its kinda slow for TX and low grifts(<70) and it cant push as hard as other WD builds.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/788...bats-pet-build

This is probably your best bet. Its kinda sad that everything Zuni can do either Helltooth or LoN can do better atm. And jade is a completly different playstyle.
    Actually not true.

Dark_sol on dfans is been dealing out a bunch of builds and one is an actually pretty well perfoming Zuni build.
    http://www.diablofans.com/builds/786...ssa-gargs-gr90
    I'm planning to run a slightly different one because i think i found a comparable setup. The point is that Sacred Harvester + Lakumba's Ornament are pretty much a standard combo to have due to insane toughness boost.

http://www.diablofans.com/members/22...=-datemodified for a list (well, it's 3 builds) but i tried them on PTR and they work really well.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    All I want is more balance in endgame 4man group composition. 1 Wizard with 3 Support was just boring.
    Aside from the already mentioned problem of survivability, there's also is the major problem of lag. The game just can't handle more than 1 dps at very high GR levels where the monsters don't just get 1-2 shot and mob density/damage numbers start to take their toll, which is why pretty much all supports are forced to spec out of area damage in their paragon.

So until that gets fixed, 1 dps 3 sup meta is here to stay for the sole reason of not wiping due to lag in high GRs. And unfortunately, given the way the PUG hive mind works, people will only look for classes that are part of that meta even when running 60-80 GRs which can be cleared with an extra dps or a class that's not part of the meta (DH/Saders)

When Quin interviewed Wyatt at Blizzcon, he did mention that the lag issue is complex and cannot be easily fixed. This probably has to do with how fucked up the coding was for the original D3, that 3 years on, they still can't fix their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    When Quin interviewed Wyatt at Blizzcon, he did mention that the lag issue is complex and cannot be easily fixed. This probably has to do with how fucked up the coding was for the original D3, that 3 years on, they still can't fix their issues.
    Which also sums up a lot of the undergoing issues like itemization and the need for paragon/additional diffculties. The whole core has some flaws that to be fixed need to be redone from scratch - hence a huge work which is not always doable for multiple reasons.

Lag is caused (long story short) by multiple dots rolling over large clusters of monsters. Given how high GR is managed to be cleared only via this tactic and snce everyone has multiple dots/aoe procs the issue is clear. It's also an issue that happens only at endgame, since lower levels are cleard with no issues, and solo players are less if not affected by this.

Yea, this is why i have a feeling we'll see D4 before another ex-pack for D3. Starting with a clean slate will remove a lot of restrictions, both creative and technical, that they are currently forced to work with.

I actually think we will see an xpack before D4 or whatever game they plan for the Diablo franchise.

A new game takes a lot of developement time and from RoS till now it's been just a too short timespan for a new game concept to be in the "ready to be announced" status imho, especially if it's Diablo and after all the back and forth we have had with D3.

With an xpack however they can revise a lot of features added with RoS - Paragon system, adventure mode, bounties/campaign mode being more relevant and GRs. And this year looks a very palpable candidate for it; last year was too, but with OW, Legion and the movie i just think that they had to prioritize them being OW new and WoW in dire need of attention.

Sure as hell anyway that a new core would make a lot of stuff better/doable.

I personally think we will see an expansion announced this summer. D4 might be in the works but I wouldn't expect it for another 5 years.

All the new assets they released last season with Greyhollow Island lead me to believe they've been working on the Druid class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Actually not true.

Dark_sol on dfans is been dealing out a bunch of builds and one is an actually pretty well perfoming Zuni build.
    http://www.diablofans.com/builds/786...ssa-gargs-gr90
    I'm planning to run a slightly different one because i think i found a comparable setup. The point is that Sacred Harvester + Lakumba's Ornament are pretty much a standard combo to have due to insane toughness boost.

http://www.diablofans.com/members/22...=-datemodified for a list (well, it's 3 builds) but i tried them on PTR and they work really well.
    As I said, you can use Zuni and you might make it work decently. But Helltooth and LoN both do exactly the same thing, but with better multipliers.

For speed farming Grift 70 or TX Jade is a whole different beast and destroys the competition.

As I said, you can use Zuni and you might make it work decently. But Helltooth and LoN both do exactly the same thing, but with better multipliers.

For speed farming Grift 70 or TX Jade is a whole different beast and destroys the competition.
    Sorry, i didn't get it that way. However, Zuni build is capable to do 90+ aswell, making me wonder if the power of the WD actually resides in triple gargs and SH+LO. I mean, all three sets looks about having those equipped.

Anyway, Arachyr + Chicken set looks a really good speedfarm build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, i didn't get it that way. However, Zuni build is capable to do 90+ aswell, making me wonder if the power of the WD actually resides in triple gargs and SH+LO. I mean, all three sets looks about having those equipped.

Anyway, Arachyr + Chicken set looks a really good speedfarm build.
    Chicken and Jade are both super fast for farming. Jade is faster when you get above grift 60ish and Chicken is better below that and TX.

Ye, it seems like the meta for this season(besides Zdps in grps) for WD will be Triple gargs, and LoN and hellfire both give better multipliers than Zuni. Its also easier to keep the damage up for both Hellfire and LoN(not needing to root yourself with Bats). There might be a last minute change before the patch goes live though since LoN/Helltooth/Zuni is way to similar, but one of them is performing worse.

Chicken and Jade are both super fast for farming. Jade is faster when you get above grift 60ish and Chicken is better below that and TX.

Ye, it seems like the meta for this season(besides Zdps in grps) for WD will be Triple gargs, and LoN and hellfire both give better multipliers than Zuni. Its also easier to keep the damage up for both Hellfire and LoN(not needing to root yourself with Bats). There might be a last minute change before the patch goes live though since LoN/Helltooth/Zuni is way to similar, but one of them is performing worse.
    yeah, more or less my feedback on WD. Since leaderboards are not my game, i can play any build with no actual issues, though i want to run with this if i manage to get all the gear.

http://ptr.d3planner.com/798436664

EDIT: Zuni also suffers from the fact it has wrongly "positioned" complementary legendaries, like the shoulder slot that has nothing to offer if you're not running bats.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-04-26 at 01:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't touched hardcore mode in a shade over 2 years, but I'm planning on playing season 6 in hardcore to mix things up a bit. Any suggestions on what class would make a good fit to dip my toes in?

I've farmed TX on every class, so I know the basics of each. If it matters at all, time breakdown by class is as follows:

Monk - 50%
    Barb - 18%
    Crusader - 12%
    DH - 10%
    WD - 6%
    Wizard - 4%

So. Between Innas Monk and Zunimassa WD, which is more fun ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I haven't touched hardcore mode in a shade over 2 years, but I'm planning on playing season 6 in hardcore to mix things up a bit. Any suggestions on what class would make a good fit to dip my toes in?

I've farmed TX on every class, so I know the basics of each. If it matters at all, time breakdown by class is as follows:

Monk - 50%
    Barb - 18%
    Crusader - 12%
    DH - 10%
    WD - 6%
    Wizard - 4%
    melee classes are tougher by default - Cusader means running the REALLY safe side. Anyway since i see you didn't play a lot of the ranged classes, go with Wizard. Pretty much OP as hell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So. Between Innas Monk and Zunimassa WD, which is more fun ? :P
    Depends. it's up entirely to you - leaderboard wise, you may want to check alo other builds, but if you play for fun/journey only, why don't roll both and try them?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but if you play for fun/journey only, why don't roll both and try them?
    Well, we only get one set of "free" set pieces. Since I play exclusively solo and casually, I have to choose wisely which toon to level to 70 first. If Zuni is weak and Innas Monk is better, then I would pick Innas as the free tier and level monk first. Then level WD and grind Helltooth/LoN on that.

On second thoughts, since I will never probably will reach GR90+ solo, and usually cap at around GR70-75, I am going to go with WD. really want to try out WD this season.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2016-04-26 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Well, we only get one set of "free" set pieces. Since I play exclusively solo and casually, I have to choose wisely which toon to level to 70 first. If Zuni is weak and Innas Monk is better, then I would pick Innas as the free tier and level monk first. Then level WD and grind Helltooth/LoN on that.

On second thoughts, since I will never probably will reach GR90+ solo, and usually cap at around GR70-75, I am going to go with WD. really want to try out WD this season.
    Yeah, but both sets are pretty good - not top notch good but more than enough to safely farm with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    One thing that people regularly forget, and which has worked for me in every previous season, is that rifts have much higher (seemingly!) legendary drop rate, even at lower difficulties, than open world. Get just one legendary weapon along the way, and you get such a boost, get 2 (which I often have) and you almost lol your way to 70.
    Yea, its double leg droprate in rifts regardless of difficulty. Whatever your base droprate is x2 pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Someone on Reddit posted this pretty useful list for all the new x-mogs and pets in 2.4.1.

melee classes are tougher by default - Cusader means running the REALLY safe side. Anyway since i see you didn't play a lot of the ranged classes, go with Wizard. Pretty much OP as hell

- - - Updated - - -

Depends. it's up entirely to you - leaderboard wise, you may want to check alo other builds, but if you play for fun/journey only, why don't roll both and try them?

Thing is, you get a Tier and I want to continue on that tier instead. Just to make stuff alittle bit easier