Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Why would you purchase the newest expansion whenn all you want to do is play the old ones?
    wasn't such a big deal back when the pre-order? was just thinking out loud if there was a more $$$ way of hitting them where it counts and also to let them know why.
    Hi

How is this news? Blizzard support have always been great.

You like WoD so much you're not getting Legion? Hmmph, odd decision to make.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    wasn't such a big deal back when the pre-order? was just thinking out loud if there was a more $$$ way of hitting them where it counts and also to let them know why.
    If it wasn't a big deal to stop you from purchasing it before, it shouldn't stop you from purchasing it now. Why is it that suddenly you care about it? Because it is the "cool" thing to do?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If it wasn't a big deal to stop you from purchasing it before, it shouldn't stop you from purchasing it now. Why is it that suddenly you care about it? Because it is the "cool" thing to do?
    No, because a person is entitled to do what they want with their money. I've pre-ordered games in the past and cancelled months later for various reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbubbles17 View Post
    No, because a person is entitled to do what they want with their money. I've pre-ordered games in the past and cancelled months later for various reasons.
    Blizzard didn't support Legacy servers when they made the preorder available. Nothing has changed. So cancelling now because they don't support Legacy (or private) servers is a silly reason. You bought knowing full well they didn't support them. And now just want to attempt to sway or hurt blizzard by denying them money. Yes a person is entitled to do what they want with their money but that doesn't mean it automatically makes sense or that they are jumping on the bandwagon of the latest fad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard didn't support Legacy servers when they made the preorder available. Nothing has changed. So cancelling now because they don't support Legacy (or private) servers is a silly reason. You bought knowing full well they didn't support them. And now just want to attempt to sway or hurt blizzard by denying them money. Yes a person is entitled to do what they want with their money but that doesn't mean it automatically makes sense or that they are jumping on the bandwagon of the latest fad.
    It might not make sense to you, but it's a fairly simple concept. People may be in favor of a candidate for an election for the longest time but because of recent bad publicity they don't want to associate with said individual. Companies change their stance on things all the time and people may opt out of purchasing their goods. It's called boycotting - happens all the time.

I didn't cancel my pre-order for Legion and I don't agree with Blizzard's stance on legacy servers. However, I don't judge a person for wanting to cancel a pre-order simply because I don't agree with that notion.

Pre order this far out is dumb any way, keep your money dont give it so a company with millions.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

tbh I question giving money to a company 6+ months before you ever see a finished product anyway.... personal pet issues (like your vanilla servers this time, flying last go around's outrage) or no :/

So glad I didn't buy into the early alpha build hype and pre-order. Class design is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, you really don't give it to them 6+ months in advance... I pre-ordered and ...drumroll...I still have my money. Plus: you can always cancel
    Okay.... so then why does the OP say "100% refund"?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that why you have no mobile phone, no internet, no car and grow your own food? Because you do not want to give your money to a company that has millions? Bwhahaha...cry me a river. Hell, give it to a company who only has millions...the others have BILLIONS
    Umm, yeh I pay for those things because I receive them upon payment.....unlike a preorder, so your analogy is really poor.

Why pay for a good or service months before you receive it, there are not benefits to it at this moment. You are not going to miss out on a copy if you do not preorder, those days ended like a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Umm, yeh I pay for those things because I receive them upon payment.....unlike a preorder, so your analogy is really poor.
    In the case of utilities I actually get the things before I pay for them :O

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    In the case of utilities I actually get the things before I pay for them :O
    Indeed.

10 chairs.

Deleted
    Ok im a strait talker so firstly pre ordering before you know what your getting is a bad move especially after the wod flop. Secondly you are in you'r rights as a consumer to a refund BUT!!! if you did pre order and you are wanting a refunding on the bases of blizzard not changing there mind on a matter that was well know before you pre ordered in the first place well thats just perfective and i honestly could do without childish acts like that in the game i still enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Well, its easy to get carried away by the hype 1 year prior to the release.
    What hype? Whatever made you pre-purchase the expansion one year in advance, you created it in your head completely by yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    It might not make sense to you, but it's a fairly simple concept. People may be in favor of a candidate for an election for the longest time but because of recent bad publicity they don't want to associate with said individual. Companies change their stance on things all the time and people may opt out of purchasing their goods. It's called boycotting - happens all the time.
    Blizzard hasn't changed their stance. They have been for Legacy servers, private servers, or people using their IP without consent/agreement. Your fairly simple concept doesn't apply at all in this case. As some people are stating they want to cancel now just to till Blizzard it is because they don't support Legacy servers. They are only doing it now because it is the cool and for the moment thing to tell Blizzard. Because Blizzard stance hasn't changed and some people have admittedly stated they didn't care about it before.

They do, and you can give your honest opinion. I've heard of some instances where Blizzard reps tell you that there is a lot of buzz going on at HQ regarding this "issue."
    I've heard this one quite a few times actually

Damn, they closed a vanilla server with 8k ppl online, I care so much I am going to cancel my prepurchase of a fuckin promising expansion!

Sigh, that even sounds stupid.

But why would you purchase Legion, and then cancel it over that? Legacy content was never promised or advertised. So it has nothing to do with your real reasons for cancelling bur rather trying to make a statement that makes little sense.
    You need to see the post I replied to. I'm merely saying I'd pay for old content (because I think it's better than we have today). The person I quoted stated "nobody wants to pay for old content". Now that's a statement that makes little sense. Because it's not true.