Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wish it were someone other than Mark Kern. Yeah he helped create vanilla WoW but he's pretty much a pariah in the gaming industry. I guarantee the Blizz execs think the guy is a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I'd say a true hater is still feeding on the tears spilled for the closure of that nostshit server.
    Is your name by any chance Nacl? Cause you're salty as hell. I mean, I can see as to how your jellowness is clouding your already impaired judgement...but nost closing down was the best thing that could ever happen for our cause... by martyring nost, they managed to turn a non-issue into an unstoppable movement. So keep feeding on our tears...tears of joy. We have overcome the opposition stemming from sheer bitterness for something incomprehensible to facebook gamers and turned it into our greatest weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Just wait 2 weeks and we will see his kickstarter "Greatcraft", he is just using all this mess for self promotion.

Not everyone is in it for themselves. He's from the vanilla WoW team, the one that actually cared about the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    WoW, I am LOVING this!

From being told we're just nostalgic morons, to "you think you want it, but you don't". All the Haters commenting how they know what we want etc. We're not there yet, but hell, Blizz is talking about Pristine servers, meaning they are considering our demands. All the haters can go play retail, I'm going to get my vanilla-like experience soon enough.

I wonder what most of the haters are saying now.
    It's dumb posts like this that fuel the disdain of many folks about legacy/classic servers and their supporters.

If you want more people to back the cause, stop with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It's dumb posts like this that fuel the disdain of many folks about legacy/classic servers and their supporters.

If you want more people to back the cause, stop with this.
    It's the same thing we've seen time and time again. Someone who says "i like current wow' is a dirty facebook gaming casual who loves their god blizzard and is ruining the game.. Doesn't matter if they're against vanilla servers or not, if you like current wow, you're bad. Will be happy when Legion gives people something to do for a little while instead of this.

The only involvement Mark Kern had regarding this Nostalrius movement is he made a video and he handed petitions to Blizzard. I don't know why people are trying to link him with Nostalrius. He may be a piece of poop, but that does not have anythito do with Nostalrius, period.

This mentality to automatically and ignorantly link Mark Kern is utterly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Not everyone is in it for themselves. He's from the vanilla WoW team, the one that actually cared about the players.
    Nonsense. It's very clear they are still passionate about wow. You don't need to like their vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliadra View Post
    The fact that you care more about who is saying it than what is said says quite alot about you. Some of the worst people in history have had good ideas, that doesn't make them invalid.
    Bzzzt, wrong. My stance has been the same, I don't really care about this guy in particular, it's just another dude jumping on this bandwagon. He's just like all those streamers, milking this whole mess for views, publicity and cash. Do they, personally, make a difference in the matter? No. Are they tedious? You bet.

If you deny Gamergate was a reactionary response to the massive influx of SJW bullshit then that really says alot about your method of thinking, and also explains why you hate Mark Kern so much.
    You really have a thing for beating this dead horse. Every time you use the term "SJW" while trying to make a serious argument, I cringe a bit. Stop. Stop making me cringe. I have all those lines on my face already.

Just because some people want legacy/progression servers doesn't mean it will happen, but give one good reason why people shouldn't say they want it. No one really cares what you think about vanilla being garbage or not, many people want it, and you want to deny it to them because you think your personal opinion is more important than anyone else's.
    This brilliant rhetorical gem can be turned 180 degrees - no one really cares what you think about vanilla being great or not. For the record, I don't think it was bad at all. This is not the point, though. The point is that people are throwing A LITERAL FUCKING SHIT FIT OVER THIS. You had my sympathy for a time, but the incessant whining has just pissed me off. How many threads does this have? How many shitposts in completely unrelated threads? How much whining and foot stamping and bullshit should I tolerate before I decide the entire vanilla "movement" is just fucking annoying? Well, I guess we just found out!

If you're so confident legacy/progression servers would fail, why are you so against them?
    I dislike entitled whiny people who are unable to understand a simple "NO" I guess? People have asked, the company has said NO time and time again. They provided reasons as to WHY they are saying no. What is the mature thing to do? The mature thing is to say "ah well, too bad" and just continue with your life as normal. Stop buying from the company, too, if you're dissatisfied. The immature thing to do is to disregard the reasons and explanations given, conjure numbers based on wishful thinking (this is your argument - that it'll be beneficial, vs Blizzard's word that it will not), then throw a hissy fit over it, shit all over the game other people are in fact enjoying, then whine and cry when the obvious backlash comes and you get trolled back. Seriously, I am the last person on Earth to side with giant corporations and interest groups over valid interests of the public, and I have no illusion that Blizzard's stance on this is driven 100% by profit. But the amount of asspulling and handwaving is just too damn much. You might say I got... triggered, mkay? ;*
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-04-26 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so saying it had 150k active players means that many people want it is just false.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the majority of the people that played a Vanilla private server would endorse a legitimate Vanilla server.

inb4 you say there's no way to prove that

Some people want to return to a point where they thought the game was better, that's why private servers are popular. A lot of people take a look at WoD and say "That's not the game I know" and providing legacy servers is a way to keep the WoW audience in Blizzard's scope, regardless if they like the current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    A few thousand... A few hundred thousand maybe, considering it's probably a six month long venture minimum (And that's being VERY generous) of redoing a boatload of code, paying their staff to do it, testing, making sure it can work on the newer hardware, making sure people can connect to it via current client or having to make a whole new client for it.. the list goes
    Yes, sorry, that is crap. It will never cost that much. No need to redo that much code as they will have their source under version control as any decent development house has. It works on newer hardware, Nost proved it. Good lord, you are grasping at straws here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    For those who don't know, here's ... - a lot of good things before leaving Blizzard.
    The only involvement Mark Kern had regarding this Nostalrius movement is he made a video and he handed petitions to Blizzard. I don't know why people are trying to link him with Nostalrius. He may be a piece of poop, but that does not have anything do with Nostalrius, period.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Spamming decursive in MC was a blast, would love to do that some more - running out of symbols of kings was always a good time.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    There is no proof that people that sign a petition will actually pay money, as well as continue to pay money for the production and upkeep of legacy realms. Not only that, but online petitions can be easily forged and often are. Someone can print them onto actual paper to try and make a point, but the point is laden in fallacies to begin with. There is, literally, no good reason for Blizzard to invest in something that has as high-risk as legacy realms.
    No proof? I agree, but you would think it would be common sense that one is requesting Blizzard to create an official server would have to pay a monthly payment. I personally feel if Blizzard ever does this they should tie being able to play on it also with owning the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dorout1 View Post
    The only involvement Mark Kern had regarding this Nostalrius movement is he made a video and he handed petitions to Blizzard. I don't know why people are trying to link him with Nostalrius. He may be a piece of poop, but that does not have anythito do with Nostalrius, period.

What he did before should have no real impact on what he's trying to do now, agreed. He's supporting the push for it, and good for him in doing so. He's also not the big huge figure people are making him out to be either. As a vanilla player I distinctly remember Vanilla being called 'The kiddies game', it was an MMO you gave to a child or if you were a casual pleb. So I guess take it for whatever value you want, but his former actions don't really change his support for it.

The Make WoW Great Again line was a bit much though given current political issues, you don't really want your message paired with that.

You think you do, but you don't...

Deleted
    WoW, I am LOVING this!

From being told we're just nostalgic morons, to "you think you want it, but you don't". All the Haters commenting how they know what we want etc. We're not there yet, but hell, Blizz is talking about Pristine servers, meaning they are considering our demands. All the haters can go play retail, I'm going to get my vanilla-like experience soon enough.

did you read the post about pristine servers ? its not what we want its leveling without heirlooms rip.

I'd love vanilla servers but i also dont hate current wow my main issues are server phasing and the LFG tool cuz u never make any friends
    Lonely, I'm mr. lonely I have nobody for my own I'm so lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I dislike entitled whiny people who are unable to understand a simple "NO" I guess? People have asked, the company has said NO time and time again. They provided reasons as to WHY they are saying no. What is the mature thing to do? The mature thing is to say "ah well, too bad" and just continue with your life as normal. Stop buying from the company, too, if you're dissatisfied. The immature thing to do is to disregard the reasons and explanations given, conjure numbers based on wishful thinking (this is your argument - that it'll be beneficial, vs Blizzard's word that it will not), then throw a hissy fit over it, shit all over the game other people are in fact enjoying, then whine and cry when the obvious backlash comes and you get trolled back. Seriosuly, I am the last person on Earth to side with giant corporations and interest groups over valid interests of the public, and I have no illusion that Blizzard's stance on this is driven 100% by profit. But the amount of asspulling and handwaving is just too damn much. You might say I got... triggered, mkay? ;*
    Dude...this turned from nothing into a pretty big deal overnight. We got them to acknowledge our existence. We asked over and over again. And each time there were more and more of us. Stop trying to hide your hate behind pseudo-logic. We WILL bend Blizzard's knee. If they gave in and tried to buy us with "pristine servers", it won't be long before we have our victory. And you'll be even saltier. And have even more lines on your face. mkay?

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Yes, sorry, that is crap. It will never cost that much. No need to redo that much code as they will have their source under version control as any decent development house has. It works on newer hardware, Nost proved it. Good lord, you are grasping at straws here.
    Oh my poor ignorant little non coder..

The 'source' is designed to work on older hardware. You can even ask your Nost boys, you cannot pull the source from a disk, run it on modern hardware, and have it just 'work'. They had to do a fair amount to get it to work right on their hardware and even then they only got it working through emulation. Please do your research.

The old servers were also 32 bit, not 64, that would have to be redone.

There would either have to be a whole new client, or a redo of the network code to allow battletag to function in limited respects.

There are a ton of things that would have to go into this, and unless you've done coding and in particular trying to restore older code to modern works, please shush.

WoW, I am LOVING this!

Well:
    I still think you're all nostalgic morons
    I think Nost being closed was a good thing
    I think you should just fuck right off if you don't like the direction WoW has gone, you won't be missed

You're little more than the internet version of the BLM movement All you do is kick, scream, and look like retards. And I hope legacy realms never become a thing simply to spite you for your stupidity.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 08:35 PM.