Poll: How Many Leveling Zones do you like to have per Xpack?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Only 4 leveling zones in Legion?

Is this correct? It is my understanding that Suramar is a Max level (110) only zone. That means there are only 4 actual leveling zones. this is far to few IMO. I like the level scaling tech they are using so you can level in what ever zone order you want but I feel there is just not going to be enough deversity when leveling Alts. I am not a fan of this. I remember back in WotLK when we had 7 lvling zones. That meant you could skip some on one character and do them on another. Anyone else feeling me on this?

Creating a Poll with how many leveling zones you all feel is a good amount.

Honestly, I've never cared much for the leveling process in the first place. When I level alts, I do so as fast as possible without paying much attention to quests or zones.

Max level content is where it's at, IMO, and I'd much rather they focus their efforts on that.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Honestly, I've never cared much for the leveling process in the first place. When I level alts, I do so as fast as possible without paying much attention to quests or zones.

Max level content is where it's at, IMO, and I'd much rather they focus their efforts on that.
    Right. I understand that completely. I have been there myself. Lately I think I have just become more "casual" in my WoWing and the choice of different leveling zone is starting to appeal to me.

It's fine by me really. At least I'm not restricted to a linear path and I can do each zone in whatever order I want.

If I'm not mistaking, you can actually lvl all 12 classes by doing different routes through the zones. So that's what I plan to do whenever I get to lvling my alts, no zone route will be the same to hopefully make it less of a standard bore of Zone 1 - Zone 2 - etc etc.

4 seems like a low number but I'll wait to play through them before deciding if its enough or not. As far as alts are concerned all the class and profession exclusive content should help keep things from being too rote. Besides the artifact and class hall stuff there are a bunch of interactive and lore things packed in the world for all the specs/classes like aggressive elementals recognizing the Shaman artifact and becoming friendly and the Spriest artifact commenting on landmarks/people you come across in the world.

Not only is it just 4 zones but 4 very short and very linear experiences. I don't think I found anything special about any of it. The fact we don't even really progress because every zone scales removes any sense of character progression outside of the Artifact Weapon power.

Legion doesn't look worth it and I am already bored of it in the Alpha.

The more, the better. I prefer 10 average quality zones over 5 high quality zonez.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    Not only is it just 4 zones but 4 very short and very linear experiences. I don't think I found anything special about any of it. The fact we don't even really progress because every zone scales removes any sense of character progression outside of the Artifact Weapon power.

That's bad news. I hate linear questing.

Do keep in mind that these "leveling" zones will (hopefully) continue to be relevant after hitting 110. Everything will scale to 110 in those zones, and will have 110 drops, etc., and will likely have World Quests to complete. That being said, more zones would be nice, as it makes for a larger world to explore.

From what some alpha players/posters have said, each zone will likely get you ~3 levels, so we may not complete all 4 during the leveling experience.

Hit 110 yesterday in alpha with only finishing two zones plus a handful of quests in a third.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Between the zones having a lot of quest content (at least by what people playing alpha are saying) and several class quests that will likely be run while leveling, I think 4 zones will be enough tbh.
    Dont prof quests there are over 100 each profs as you need to do them to unlock the patterns, Also max level isnt the end of the questing we have currently 300 world quest that rotate an suramar thats multi layered

Choice and discovery has been something without legs in WOW, as far as max level content is concerned, ever since Cata. I hope that this is not an indication of skimping on content once again. It certainly is as far as discovery goes, but there may be a lot more to do with Order halls at max level.

Deleted
    Firstly how does zone = better surely its about whats in the zone and how it feels rather than just having more artistic looking areas to explore am i right ? there are alot of zones i feel in current wow that where pointless like Vashj'ir a prime example. But i guess thats all due to taste as some people might enjoy that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post

How long ago did you level, every patch i've gone back to check to playtest and found more and more quests to do beyond the main story quests. Alpha runs out of things to do but that's because they are progressively adding more and more to the game. You're there to test it out and give feedback on the official forums not just run through and say "that's it?".

The story quests are linear but they are meant to tell a narrative, it's not difficult to attain 4-5 levels in a single zone now before having to move on.

Level more than one class, do stuff you wouldn't normally do... it's there to provide feedback for and if all you can do is come to the mmo-champ forums and complain then you're part of your own complaints about the game. I'm extremely impressed with whats in the game so far, I do have one or two issues with some things and a handful of quests were less than stellar initially but even those have changed I've seen. Blizzard seems to be really listening to feedback from the testers this time around, go tell them what you think officially.

Deleted
    Just four zones would be very underwhelming. I really love how TBC and WotLK did it - plenty of zones with a lot of quests. Also, not really a fan of the "scaled" leveling. It's definitely convenient and cool that you can start in any zone but this somehow also destroys the feeling of continually starting to face bigger threats.

Northend: You arrive on the shores, all hell is loose. Continually, you notice how bad things are going, the slaughter at the Wrathgate and eventually you end up in Storm Peaks (where you deal with titan stuff iirc) or Icecrown. Especially the latter really gave me a feeling of: We have reached the zone where our enemy has his "base of operations". We push on and eventually lay siege to his fortress.

I would rather have more quests/ zones than of lower quality than so few are of extraordinary quality but only enjoyable once, before becoming boring because they are too linear and repetitive.
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2016-04-26 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh I know, I just think the concern about just 4 zones isn't that valid when people can level by clearing just two of them and doing profession and class quests in alpha.
    Im more interested in quality over quantity and from the looks of the number of quest and the enjoyment and flavour between each zone ive seen from streams im very happy for legion. Ive got eso for my in depth plots to follower as each zone takes over 24 hours to complete and its been the only mmo that i couldnt put down wants if pulls you into the plot. Its ashame end game sucks but i cant complain over got over 200 hours of the best story driven quests to enjoy with options to change the outcomes.

Deleted
    Dont know if it really matter with the boring scaling anyway.

Don't care much for leveling, never did.
    I'd much rather Blizzard focused on enough content at max level.

Quality > Quantity. The Legion leveling zones are one of the best we've ever had.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The more, the better. I prefer 10 average quality zones over 5 high quality zonez.

- - - Updated - - -

That's bad news. I hate linear questing.
    "Linear" is pretty damn far off the mark, IMO.
    Each zone has its own main questline tied to a loremaster-like meta, but there's a healthy chunk of side content. While going from place to place there's a lot of nooks here and there that lead to rares, treasures, and sidequests, with a some of it missable if you're not looking hard enough. Fortunately with level scaling it's at least always going to be somewhat relevant when you get around to it.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I have confidence that you can do zero main quests and stick to sidequests (off the path stuff, professions, etc) and maybe get close to max level from just exploring stuff.
    You're not railed from zone to zone. It's hardly linear.

Dont mind only 4 zones. If leveling is great, I am happy.