Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't understand this idea. This is basically Blizzard openly admitting that certain aspects of their game are trash and would consider opening servers without said trash. If this is something the community wants then just remove these things from the live game.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-04-26 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    I don't understand this idea. This is basically Blizzard openly admitting that certain aspects of their game are trash and would consider opening servers without said trash. If this is something the community wants then just remove these things from the live game.
    It's called catering to both audiences. The crybabes who like LFR can stick to their LFR realm, the people after a more challenging game can go to the new realms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems im late to the party, what is exactly the difference between "pristine server" and legacy server?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    It's called catering to both audiences. The crybabes who like LFR can stick to their LFR realm, the people after a more challenging game can go to the new realms.
    No one is forcing you to go LFR if you don't like it. Just seems silly we need different realms only for this.

Deleted
    I would be happy with anything that would calm down the nost dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Seems im late to the party, what is exactly the difference between "pristine server" and legacy server?
    Read the front page.

A pristine server is one with queues and multiserver technology disabled. You want to run a dungeon at 101? You have to ask around the zone for help. You want to see raids at all? You have to pug it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Read the front page.

A pristine server is one with queues and multiserver technology disabled. You want to run a dungeon at 101? You have to ask around the zone for help. You want to see raids at all? You have to pug it.
    That's not pristine, that's masochistic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They absolutely did NOT say that they cannot do legacy servers. They said they wanted to license a private server to run legacy content but that they couldn't find a way to do that which adequately protects their IP, and they're continuing to talk to that one private server group. I expect we'll see some form of legacy servers announced by Blizzcon of this year.

Anyway, "Pristine" servers are cute and all, but they're not at all anything like a legacy server. They're just making the game harder for the sake of making it harder, while not bringing back any of the things that people who play on private servers desire. Maybe they'll do both, but Pristine servers are not in any way a replacement for Legacy servers, hence them still being in communication with the private server people. Would I play on a "pristine" server? Not even if it were free. Would I play on a legacy server? Yup, I'd even pay a monthly fee for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianae View Post
    No one is forcing you to go LFR if you don't like it. Just seems silly we need different realms only for this.
    It isn't just LFR, it's everything that involves a group finder except I suppose BG. Also xrealm disabled, and the point of it would be to promote realm community again. Letting people disable it would not be the same thing, since then you'd have to put yourself at a disadvantage compared to others on the same realm, which ruins the point. The argument that people can just choose not to is comparable to saying that people who don't like the simplicity of badminton can use a potato instead of a badminton racket to hit the shuttlecock with if they so wish, instead of trying out a different game. Same thing with the flying issue, people who dislike flying dislike it because it makes the game world less significant, not because they just hate flying around.

If they do release pristine servers however, people can simply choose not to play on them, so the logic works that way though not the other until options are out. The poll atm is about 50/50 so apparently a good portion seems to be interested.

If convenience is what makes a game then you might as well just play nothing, that is the most convenient game there is. For me atleast, and I think many others an mmorpg is about community and making friends, and I think that is easier when you are rewarded for it, when you kinda have to. If not then I'll just play other games, and Blizzard lose my money, so it will have to be up to them if they will cater to people like me or not. The ones who already play wow don't have to like this as they're satisfied with the current servers.
    Last edited by vanbrunt; 2016-04-26 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's not pristine, that's masochistic.
    If you want to see raids you have to join a bloody raid guild and get this.... Actually raid and not semi-afk standing in fire like in LFR. You'll have to earn the content instead of it being spoon-fed to you.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    a legacy server would be playing vanilla WoW as it was originally before any xpac changes. this would require work.

pristine server would require very little work and you would still end up in legion just at a slower pace with nobody to do content with because nobody would play on this retarded as shit idea of a server.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They absolutely did NOT say that they cannot do legacy servers. They said they wanted to license a private server to run legacy content but that they couldn't find a way to do that which adequately protects their IP, and they're continuing to talk to that one private server group. I expect we'll see some form of legacy servers announced by Blizzcon of this year.

Anyway, "Pristine" servers are cute and all, but they're not at all anything like a legacy server. They're just making the game harder for the sake of making it harder, while not bringing back any of the things that people who play on private servers desire. Maybe they'll do both, but Pristine servers are not in any way a replacement for Legacy servers, hence them still being in communication with the private server people. Would I play on a "pristine" server? Not even if it were free. Would I play on a legacy server? Yup, I'd even pay a monthly fee for it.
    True, I leveled up without heirlooms and shit in cataclysm, and it definitely wasn't even close to the Vanilla experience. It was specially bad once I reached TBC/WoTLK areas, there was no challenge, plus I had done it all before. Let's not forget all the phasing makes it hard for them to create challenging group content for leveling.

But... if they can reballance the Cataclysm leveling experience in a way it doesn't feel boring and grinding, it could work well. The real appeal of those servers for me, though, would be the max level, no LFR and normal difficulty dungeons and raids, no progressive nerfs to expansion content. That would appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vanbrunt View Post
    The argument that people can just choose not to is comparable to saying that people who don't like the simplicity of badminton can use a potato instead of a badminton racket to hit the shuttlecock with if they so wish, instead of trying out a different game.
    Well, no. It'd be like if everyone drove to a meeting at a certain park every week but you come back a year later to find out they're all using Skype/Discord to talk instead and doing it all the time. Yeah, it's going to be hard to get people to go back to driving around but the option is always there.

The poll atm is about 50/50 so apparently a good portion seems to be interested.
    A good portion of people who are specifically heavily skewed towards being hardcore raiders and decade-long addicts, yes. When compared to the 2 to 5 million actual players we may see only a few thousand stick around on a single server only a year after they're released.

If convenience is what makes a game then you might as well just play nothing
    So... you want to use that potato then?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I don't want this because it doesn't address the two major things I miss: 1. talent tree system and training abilities-feeling more powerful with each level- and 2. the vanilla Azeroth. I hate what Cataclysm did to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Well, no. It'd be like if everyone drove to a meeting at a certain park every week but you come back a year later to find out they're all using Skype/Discord to talk instead and doing it all the time. Yeah, it's going to be hard to get people to go back to driving around but the option is always there.
    Not really since it is a game, theres a competitive aspect here which is not present in meetings. People don't want to be at a disadvantage. It's like we were all playing bowling with the bumpers up, and some people wanted to play without the bumpers instead, so they ask the manager if they can get a new lane without the bumpers. Then the other players argue that they can choose to play their turn without bumpers instead, no need for a second lane. Do you see why that isn't fair?

And no one really knows how many would play on pristine servers, so that is just speculation and a decision that blizzard has to make. All the people I know who once played wow and would probably want to play on either legacy or pristine servers atleast are not people who frequently monitor mmo champion. There are more voices here who already play wow and are happy with that, still the numbers are 50/50. Speculation again, but I can't comprehend why people are having such a hard time seeing why you'd need to separate the two modes of playing.

There's no Need to already rant about those Servers, beacuse we have no idea what they'll look like. They only told us some Options they are discussing, but they didn't tell us at all what These server will be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    No, it's easy enough to understand. This is basically Blizzard openly admitting that different people like different aspects of their game and is willing to consider opening servers that allow for those differences. If this is something the community wants then Blizzard is asking if we would like the choice.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I like the idea of a pristine server - just the minimalist version - no lfd/lfr, no heirlooms, no xfers on (but can xfer off).

In order for it to work and establish a community it would need to be a new server imo - where you had to reroll from level 1 - ie a new economy. If they made a PvE one in oceania Id reroll immediately.

The one additional thing Id like is to make the open world mobs in the current expansion more challenging - but Im not sure this fits with the concept.

This doesn't change the need for a legacy server (or at least a pre-cataclysm server). But I like to play the current content as well and for me the loss of community is a big factor in why I play a lot less - any experiment such as a pristine server to see if its possible to re-establish a server based community seems worthwhile to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, it's easy enough to understand. This is basically Blizzard openly admitting that different people like different aspects of their game and is willing to consider opening servers that allow for those differences. If this is something the community wants then Blizzard is asking if we would like the choice.
    It's super exciting. Blizzard understands that certain things have removed that MMO feel and are willing to consider methods to get the players back who enjoy those aspects without pissing off people who enjoy the current World of Facebookqueuecraft.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

There is no version of a Pristine server that would interest me. Something about window dressing on the titanic. WoW has been making sweeping changes to it's core gameplay for years now, and I'm simply not interested in any minor changes that a Pristine server would implement.

I just want to play the old game.