Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I disagree. This exactly the kind of evasive, placating statement that PR people will make in situations like this. "We care about your feedback, we're listening, you're important to us, look, we're making concessions, yadda yadda!".

If anything, the clue of the post is here:

This is the same answer you've always gotten ("vanilla realms not happening for technical reasons"). The rest is fluff. This is simply how corporate PR is worded in crisis management situations. Looks like it's working, amazingly enough.
    What you put in bold further emphasis what you argue to be incorrect. My son keeps telling me it was too difficult to catch a baseball. Then he did. Funny thing is they didn't even say it was too difficult, they say it would be without great difficulty, which may also lead further into why there is talks with Nost.

One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.

You, the Blizzard community, are the most dedicated, passionate players out there. We thank you for your constructive thoughts and suggestions. We are listening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    (._.)(._.) <- persons that want legacy
    (._.)(._ <- persons that think they want legacy but would quit in 1-2 months because it's crap

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    For those who don't know, here's the Wikipedia link to Mark Kern - a lot of good things before leaving Blizzard.
    And a lot of god-awful things after leaving Blizzard. I think making 'open letter' youtube videos after running the company you left blizzard to form, straight into the ground, might be the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    My son keeps telling me it was too difficult to catch a baseball. Then he did. Funny
    I agree it's quite funny that you compare a kid and a multi-billion corporation. But also quite scary, with a side serving of depressing. It just shows how easily some people fall for basic PR-speak manipulation.

Agree to disagree on this one, because it's tedious already?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    (._.)(._ <- persons that think they want legacy but would quit in 1-2 months because it's crap
    Don't play on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Half of the total accounts on this forum do not want legacy servers, because half of the total accounts on this forum haven't even posted on the matter. No pulling numbers out of thin air.

Also, this forum is only a percentage of the total wow population.
    I am not pulling them out of thin air there is a survey done on this site on April 10th. I do not have privileges to link yet. I do agree that this is only a percentage of the total wow population - I believe that percentage would be higher when you include all the people that left WoW because of how it has changed. Think of how many players would return

Deleted
    If I had half a face I would probably quit too.

Enough of these kind of posts please, they just cause more flamewars to go on. It's not constructive. While I feel that will be the case for quite a few folks, opinions stay opinions, no need to ruffle feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I agree it's quite funny that you compare a kid and a multi-billion corporation. But also quite scary, with a side serving of depressing. It just shows how easily some people fall for basic PR-speak manipulation.

Agree to disagree on this one, because it's tedious already?
    No, I won't agree to disagree (like how you cut off the entirety of the rest of the paragraph except the word funny to try and argue a failed point). An analogy is just that. Words are exactly what they mean, not what you want them to mean. There is no agreeing to disagree on something that is open for all to see. There isn't any made up understanding of what is there.

One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.

You, the Blizzard community, are the most dedicated, passionate players out there. We thank you for your constructive thoughts and suggestions. We are listening.
    Isn't flat out no.

The one on the right seems to be missing half his head. Has to be a facebook game player. *wink* *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriya View Post
    I am not pulling them out of thin air there is a survey done on this site on April 10th. I do not have privileges to link yet. I do agree that this is only a percentage of the total wow population - I believe that percentage would be higher when you include all the people that left WoW because of how it has changed. Think of how many players would return
    Being that I did not vote on that survey, by definition you do not have half of the total population of the forum, much less wow. No one can know how many players would return to wow nor for how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Enough of these kind of posts please, they just cause more flamewars to go on. It's not constructive. While I feel that will be the case for quite a few folks, opinions stay opinions, no need to ruffle feathers.
    This is the guy by the way that in this same thread has tried to start a flame-war against me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    No, I won't agree to disagree.
    Very well, so we shall just disagree, full stop. Works for me ;]

So, a petition that can be signed for free about people that played a game for free is supposed to convince a company they'll spend money to play it? I don't think so, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    So, a petition that can be signed for free about people that played a game for free is supposed to convince a company they'll spend money to play it? I don't think so, Tim.
    Explain more how you concluded this logic. Did they sign a petition asking Blizzard to do it for free? I mean I get what you are saying, but it makes no sense. The world works off feedback. I dealt with people when I worked in fast food who gave feedback and didn't come back to the restaurant till we served X product.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The bottom line is, if Blizz thought they could sell one million subs, as this guy claims were "fans" of Nostralius, they would have already done it.
    You mean like how they make promises they are incapable of keeping. "Hey guys, we know ICC, DS, SoO took so long but we're getting a bigger team" -- "Hey goes, we know Wod is taking a long time..." and proceeds to take longer than ever before.

They've also lost millions of subs due to their failures.

I'm not so sure their heads are on straight when it comes to WoW anymore. Must be nice going to your boss and going "it's just a few million subs..".

Deleted
    The amount of blizzard ***lickers,facebook game fanboys and garrison lovers is amazing.You are the reason WoW has went to shit!
    Yes ,i know, you love the game , you have a family you can't play the game like a true MMO player bla bla. Funny part? you feel entitled to having the same rewards as true MMO players , hence blizzard gave you WoD.
    In the end, our beloved MMO is being played not by MMO players,but by facebook candycrush fans.
    Sad days, but i guess us who loved the true WoW don't deserve it again, we are a dying breed. Garrison lovers rejoice!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRambo View Post
    That doesn't make you better.
    I know delusions are a strong suit but again - I don't care whether those servers exist or not despite how retarded their fanbase seems to be. I was merely pointing out that somebody people here are whining about and calling "haters" likely is still amused by the amount of whine the closure produced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarriya View Post
    Actually its a very large number of people that want legacy servers.
    maybe. Not that it really matters though or was the argument.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-04-26 at 09:26 PM.

I'm not sure what supporting evidence there is to this claim "If it was so profitable Blizzard would have already done it". The game was thriving till Cata. Why would they of done it then? Makes no sense at all. Blizzard rep claims that he feels people would only stay for 2 weeks. Blizzard GM basically says how Blizzard was shocked by the community response. It's obvious of 2 things. Doesn't make sense Blizzard would of done it during a period you guys keep claiming they would of if it made sense, and that Blizzard obviously made a mistake. This is obviously even more indicated by the most recent response. Why would they comment on the matter at all if there was no one who wanted it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster View Post
    The amount of blizzard ***lickers,facebook game fanboys and garrison lovers is amazing.You are the reason WoW has went to shit!
    Yes ,i know, you love the game , you have a family you can't play the game like a true MMO player bla bla. Funny part? you feel entitled to having the same rewards as true MMO players , hence blizzard gave you WoD.
    In the end, our beloved MMO is being played not by MMO players,but by facebook candycrush fans.
    Sad days, but i guess us who loved the true WoW don't deserve it again, we are a dying breed. Garrison lovers rejoice!
    No one give this guy the bait he wants please, we don't need any more shite being flung at this point.