Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    The fights of Vanilla and TBC are not challenging compared to the fights that exist now. What about the rampant class imbalance of vanilla? Sure was fun having only warriors tank. Oh you rolled a Druid, Priest, Shaman, or Paladin? Have fun doing nothing but healing.
    Sure, for a Hunter, but i played a tank in vanilla and cleared up to Sapphiron.

Many bosses where extremely unforgiving for tanks like 4 Horsemen's Void Zones where you litteraly had 0.5-1s to jump! out of it lest you got one-shot.
    There was no AoE threat moves, you had to manually sunder armor all mobs and tab alot to maintain aggro and many bosses had nasty cleaves that would one-shot your melee dps camp and whipe the raid in a instant and bosses would often turn around if you moved it to fast or the wrong way like Ebonroc.

Then you had stuff like 3 adds spawning and you have to get aggro with just sunder armor, yeah don't buy it, ive raided most expansions and vanilla had by far the most unforgiving and bugged things that you had to overcome by trial and error.

Over time, Blizzard has made tanking role much easier, putting most of the boss abilities into the hands of the dps instead of the tank, in Vanilla almost all boss abilities where something the tank had to deal with else you would whipe.... I loved it, the feeling of being the leader of the raid, the one who holds the line by himself, that feeling was epic.

Then ofc the loot was epic, i could easily win 1v2 battles without any issues and won some 1v5 with clever use of engineering also.
    Now pvp is utter bullshit where everyone has a billion of hp and can keyboard turn and still put a decent dent on your hp pool except classes that require brains to deal damage at all with like Mages.

What the hell is the point in playing when all your effort is whiped out every 6 months?
    I used Thunderfury for 3 Years, that was a legendary!, Screw this alien Lobby based turd that the game has became.

Wow always has a place in my heart, but currently, the game is just boring as hell, im playing all sorts of games instead, and they are all more fun then wow, the only thing wow has for it is that it is still the best MMORPG on the market, but considering it's competition, that's hardly something to brag about as the rest of the MMOS fail even harder to grasp what a mmo is all about.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-04-26 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renovos View Post
    Agreed. If you want to play a shittier, less polished version of a game to stroke your elitist e-peen that's one thing. But stealing someone else s intellectual property and distributing it for free is another thing.
    You're just mad that people have been having more fun on Nos the past year than anyone has had on retail in the last six years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This is a wierd statement though. Vanilla had very little atcual content. Everything took time to do, I'll give you that but there was not a lot to do.
    You had a few dungeons, most obsolete at max level, no achivements, a few reptutations, most pointless with little rewards and of course raids but you didn't do them so... What did you do and why can't you do this in the current version of WoW that has WAY more content?

What do you have to do in current live version of WoW? It does technically have more content but 90% of it is obsolete. The first raid tier of WoD? Obsolete with Tanaan jungle, most achievements are obsolete as well and I have done a good percentage of them anyway. There are just as few relevant reputations in WoD, and then you have garrisons and shipyards. So it seems like there is just as much relevant content in Vanilla than WoD currently has. And honestly, I don't need to have the game tell me specifically what to do to have a decent time. There is a good 6 dungeons you can do at max level, and most of them being 3x larger than current WoD dungeons.

The reason why I would chose Vanilla or BC over the current version in terms of content, is because I find it more enjoyable and rewarding. Everything is just thrown at you left and right in the current game, there is no sense of satisfaction for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    More design philosophies. I don't think both ideas can exist on the same servers. Players, especially if there is even the littlest competitive environment, will do whatever gets rewards quickest/easiest. That's /usually/ what players mean when they say content is "required" ... it isn't REALLY required. Because not even playing the damn game is required, in the true sense of the word. But to stay competitive, one might feel compelled to do LFR/LFD, even if it's supplemental or to get some sort of in-game currency (which is why they probably got rid of valor ... mythic players feeling forced into 5-mans), etc.

You can't have a super convenient, you-can-do-everything-by-yourself and just tell the small, crumbling guilds to "be social if you want to be social" ... just like you can't tell people who want to log in for 5 minutes and get an epic without needing to communicate with another player that they should just "get gud"

Make cross-faction servers for people who don't like needing other people to succeed. Make vanilla / progression / pristine servers for people who enjoy interacting with others MOST about MMOs.

If 1 million more people played on more old school servers ... even if it was not vanilla ... they could hire people to support it.
    All fair points.

I think you also call out the important point - it's really not about vanilla, but about the different play experience resulting from design goals that were very different from what they are today, which is not inherently tied to vanilla. This is why pristine servers could work.

The real question, like you allude to, is how many people actually would play (and pay for) this? I kind of feel like unless there's enough people to reach into the 6-digit level, it's just not going to be worth their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Renovos View Post
    Agreed. If you want to play a shittier, less polished version of a game to stroke your elitist e-peen that's one thing. But stealing someone else s intellectual property and distributing it for free is another thing.
    Why does it bother you so much people play on a game that is "shittier." I peresonally think this whole idea is that people only play on it because it is free is a huge overstatement. Most of us either already are subbed to the game still, or we would if we found the current game actually enjoyable. There is nothing in the current game outside of higher than LFR raiding that makes it feel like an MMO. And even then that community aspect is gone. If you played during the times of EQ, DAoC, Ect. you would probably more easily understand. There is nothing in the game now that helps retain me, you are able to rush through the content, even skip parts of it, and jump straight into raiding. There is nothing outside of that raiding that feels rewarding, even the raiding outside of mythic doesn't really feel as rewarding anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxmq View Post
    What is that shitty poll, MMO seem not understand the problem..

.org/p/michael-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community
    What's shitty about it? It has 50% support. There is clearly support in this community for a pristine server.

A prestine realm is so they can try something that will fail to give them a reason to never do legacy servers which is what we all actually want. But at least they get to say they tried.

Pristine realm doesn't interest me because I don't care for the new expansions and changes that have been made. I am interested in a Vanilla era server where you don't one shot every enemy you come across in the outside world.

A Mark Kern video on Kungen (K West) channel...seriously, Blizzard need to just let this crowd tantrum until it grows weary and falls asleep.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    It might actually happen.
    It will, it´s been obvious ever since private servers became popular just a matter of time, but likely to don+t happen for the net few years while WoW remains over 4 million subs.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    What's shitty about it? It has 50% support. There is clearly support in this community for a pristine server.
    Well for me, it's a weird poll. If I say no then that means I support current WoW and it's non pristine features. If I say yes to Pristine then I'm still not supporting Legacy servers, only just legacy functionality in current WoW. I don't really want anything to do with current WoW just everything TBC and Before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    A Mark Kern video on Kungen (K West) channel...seriously, Blizzard need to just let this crowd tantrum until it grows weary and falls asleep.
    People have been wanting vanilla servers since TBC, and the support for them keeps growing
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

It has 50% or less support on a website RIDDEN with people that are against the game to begin with, not to mention tons of people that don't even play WoW and never would.

Hell, I'd rather see proper official Legacy realms over "pristine" myself, it's a bad idea since those "pristine" realms would just be the retail game with less features.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-26 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    A prestine realm is so they can try something that will fail to give them a reason to never do legacy servers which is what we all actually want. But at least they get to say they tried.
    Because nobody is making private realms that host retail without all of the crap features they've tacked onto it. They're making vanilla and, to a much lesser extent, TBC and WotLK realms.

"Pristine realms" are a moot point as it pertains to the legacy movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    People have been wanting vanilla servers since TBC, and the support for them keeps growing
    Still a drop in the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Still a drop in the ocean.
    Great argument, well just keep enjoying your Garrison and the new Legion Garrison. We will get our legacy servers.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great argument, well just keep enjoying your Garrison and the new Legion Garrison. We will get our legacy servers.
    Riveting tale, old chap.

Deleted
    Pristine would be an improvement over current ****, regardless of what legacy-people want. But id have to leave my character behind to play on a no xrealm, no lfd realm. I like my DK, but id like a social, properly functioning game more, id join one of those realms. Legacy players will never be satisfied because there will be no honest to god real classic vanilla wow by blizzard ever. All can see they are trying to make a compromise here, trying to sell a version of the current service closer to the original service. I think thats the closest thing to vanilla theyll ever offer. They always state to give feedback but their attitude is pretty clear really: take it or leave it. Fuck lfd and crossrealm.

So maybe they'll hire some of those nost guys to develop said server for blizz

The fact that you're not even speaking from experience concerning the Legion features...well.

Keep dreaming bud, keep dreaming.