Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    now imagine the thousands upon thousands of hacked accounts asking for their gold back, keeping a player playing after they got hacked and just throwing 500k gold into the game is more important to blizzard than the games economy and players quitting because everything was stolen.
    True, still fun to think it all start the moment some1 looted the first humanoid for 1copper

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    True, still fun to think it all start the moment some1 looted the first humanoid for 1copper
    i imagine it also really escalated when players could solo raids and bosses dropped 250g each 300g final boss, tbc in wrath? or cata i think clearing bt was over 2k gold, TK 1050gold+ 1 toon could easily farm over 5k and it really ramped up, but WoD and garrisons have taken it to another level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i imagine it also really escalated when players could solo raids and bosses dropped 250g each 300g final boss, tbc in wrath? or cata i think clearing bt was over 2k gold, TK 1050gold+ 1 toon could easily farm over 5k and it really ramped up, but WoD and garrisons have taken it to another level.
    Yes, but that's my point it inflates all the time not just when an expansion releases. the piles just keep raising it does get faster each time content releases though

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    11 characters, inn (treasure hunter missions and source of followers with the TH trait), salvage yard (contents vendor for lots, gear the followers quicker and a chance at xmog/sellable blues/epics), barracks (increased followers to 25) and trading post (flip excess GR to mats to keep your profession buildings going to then craft and sell epics)

Initial time investment was pretty high but now yields about 20-25k per day (2 or 3 "rounds" of mission table clearing per day, about an hour all in) across the 11 characters

Averaged 600-700k per month for 13 months and counting (was actually much higher at the start before the Salvage Yard/TH Mission nerfs, although the 6.2 rare missions added a massive boost so balance this - RNG dictated how good/bad the items were from a resale value perspective but Champ's Honor in particular was a winner!)

Can people PLEASE stop saying the gold yield from Garrisons is over-rated, it isnt - it has irreversibly changed WoWs economy going forward
    I'll second what you've said.

I know I must have made close to 7mil by now from my garrison. It is hard to tell as the gold reward doesn't show in character statistics.

I don't do it hardcore and I was slow to focus on treasure hunters. I don't max my potential income with profession huts either. A lot of people do JC for the 200-300g a day daily. Even my JC chars I am too lazy to do that.

My shipyards are not setup to make gold either...I hate them and rarely use them on most alts.

People really don't have a clue if they think garrisons weren't gold printing presses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    yeah used to something like 214,748g 50 odd silver and something copper, same sort of problem bosses with over 2.1billion HP, don't know how they worked out a new cap but i think boss hp problem stil exist
    Actually pretty simple. Gold is used in far less calculations that aren't as time critical as health, so changing it to a bigger data type isn't much of a deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually pretty simple. Gold is used in far less calculations that aren't as time critical as health, so changing it to a bigger data type isn't much of a deal.
    Calculations with 64bit data types are actually faster than those with 32bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Calculations with 64bit data types are actually faster than those with 32bit.
    There's a slight overhead if you perform said calculations in 32bit environment (on 32bit system, so 64bit isn't native, although supported), but in general it's not really a problem.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    There has NEVER been a day where one of my 20 alts doesn't get a single gold garrison mission. NONE at all. Even if i log them once per day (i try for 3-4 times for maximum efficiency), i get at least 3 gold missions per day. Do you have the Inn built?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It was 999,999.99 then. I like the random 214 number though

I love how many people are replying to this, some more then once. It is even better when it looks like they just copied and pasted others replies.
    It was 214. I love how many people are completely certain about something they have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    It was 214. I love how many people are completely certain about something they have no idea about.
    Yea, well, he's been told like 20 times now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    Welcome to the party, you are late and it is over though. As it has been mentioned several times it was raised to the current cap during Wrath. I love how many people are completely certain about something the have no idea about.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    People spewing this are overreaching. I have 3 garrisons, log in daily, and I'm not gold cap. I also make gold from selling mythic raiding runs. I make like 2-3k a week from each garrison?

You're doing it wrong.
    I was making 1k+ per garrsion, per day.
    I had two 100's and made a shit ton.
    I then leveled up 5 hunters, maxed their garrisons, and gold capped in 2 months.

You were / are doing it wrong if you're making barely anything a week.
    Somedays I'd clear 2-3k+ per char.

average of 1k per char per day. We'll say 30 days a month. 30k, per char, per months. Two chars is 60 a month.
    This is pure gold generation. We haven't even gotten into trade items yet.
    You could easily get a few sweet item missions, bam, add another 10k a month, min.
    Add blingtron and huge gold missions, instead of the single 1k a day for regular gold missions.

You end up at about 50k-100k a month, per toon, per garrison, if you're lucky.

We'll say an average of 50k is made. Two chars, you're at 100k a month. Four chars? 200k a month. Five? 250k.
    That's not including being lucky.
    If you're lucky, you can easily nab 500k a month between 5 chars.

What the shit are you not doing right?
    Max treasure followers?
    Max gold boats?
    Inn? Etc.
    Are you using your resource to buy mats and then flip them?
    Etc.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Very clever way to reduce the gold amount in the economy.
    It seems that gold will be harder to get. The gold cap allows to clear the massive amount of gold generated by garrisons with the BMAH.
    Also rare mounts will sell for close to their real amount.

I think they are both doing deflation + gold cap increase so in long term instant cap will be nearly impossible.
    I have 8.5mm gold on my account through my 9 characters.

I will have over 10mm by the time Legion launches.

Instant cap is far from impossible. Those that are gold maniacs like myself will already have it.

- - - Updated - - -

It was 999,999.99 then. I like the random 214 number though

I love how many people are replying to this, some more then once. It is even better when it looks like they just copied and pasted others replies.
    I love how wrong you are, but post as if you are smart.

Screenshot because it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    I have 8.5mm gold on my account through my 9 characters.

I will have over 10mm by the time Legion launches.

Instant cap is far from impossible. Those that are gold maniacs like myself will already have it.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how wrong you are, but post as if you are smart.

Screenshot because it happened.

Both are true smart guy, the cap was raised during Wrath. Btw posting picture doesn't prove anything all it shows is you had that much gold. Great account name for you though, so cheers on that. Now I am sure you are coming up with some smart remark about now about missing the spam in the top of the screen. Again if this hadn't been discussed to death and what was gold caps and when wasn't know that wouldn't prove anything either. With all the ways you can alter /y and use add ons to display things your picture proves nothing beyond somebody had 214k gold at some point.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-04-27 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd say twice is enough, though. You only get a limited amount of missions a day, and thrice will have your followers sitting around twiddling their thumbs, with only a minor gain in income.
    No you don't, completing missions and checking again a few minutes/hours later generates new ones. With 25 followers doing 3 or even 4 clears per day, you'll rarely have more then 3 followers idle and the more you turn them over, the more useful missions you can complete.

Regardless of whether the gain is "minor" you've missed the point, if its something you can vendor (armour token) its a few gold plus a salvage crate (likely, depending on mission level). It may also be GRs/Oil which all indirectly make you gold too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Damn. In retrospect, I should have written an addon which would recharge all missions right on log in (if the character is parked near the missions table) and maybe something to log in all characters one by one in unattended mode. Then it'd be like 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening without human interaction besides launching it all.

Ah well... there'll be opportunities in Legion.
    Sounds risky, unattended play like that is pretty much botting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrose View Post
    I've optimized my naval sheeps aswell and I have no room for a ship with a blood elf crew. The only mission I can't get to 100% is the mission that requires a transport, battleship and a carrier. Best I can do is 90% or 92% with the zone buff.
    I have 1 murloc destroyer, 2 undead destroyers(one with trait to increase chance with another destroyer), 1 pandaren carrier with trait to increase chance with destroyer, 1 undead carrier, 1 murloc submarine, 2 undead submarines, 1 undead battleship and 1 pandaren battleship.
    So your solution would be sending a mission of 18 hours every day, possibly blocking one of those rare gold missions cause the ships I need are on mission already. My way works fine and has very limited impact other than the time it took to get my followers optimized.
    I wouldn't class that as optimised. You've optimised mission success sure, but this is about rewards so optimising is giving yourself a good chance of maximum rewards, not a guaranteed chance of partial rewards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    About missiongold per day, aren't people using Master Plan? (I'm assuming it is accurate, but remember to substract the shipyard gold)
    I think the "goldcounter" was added in Master Plan during May last year. I have been unsubbed 2½-3 months during that time.

So... on my main (which were fully TH built before "goldcounter") I have 227k gold collected since then. Two alts who wasn't fully TH built have 182k and 186k earned. Been doing missions 2-3 times each day (well, like 9 out of 10 days or so)

So ~8 months is about 240 days. So ~1k each day on my main.
    MasterPlan is a great addon for sure, everyone should be using it (and Breeze to speed things up!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I hear a lot of you MMO-C'ers are already gold-capped. Trade chat has regular people stating how "easy," gold is to attain in Warlords.

Someone please feel free to let me in on the secret because I never have more than 50k gold at any one time. I do the H25 raids like Firelands, BoT, BWL every week on 2-6 characters or so and it doesn't really add up for me. Is it just a time investment thing? Do I need to put in some hours farming stuff? /shrug
    Scroll back to my earlier posts, its all there and its not hard and HELL NO to farming, thats hugely inefficient but you will have to invest in setup time/costs with your garrisons which given were only a few months from release, youve lost a lot of time (probably still well worth doing though)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    You're doing it wrong.
    I was making 1k+ per garrsion, per day.
    I had two 100's and made a shit ton.
    I then leveled up 5 hunters, maxed their garrisons, and gold capped in 2 months.

You were / are doing it wrong if you're making barely anything a week.
    Somedays I'd clear 2-3k+ per char.

average of 1k per char per day. We'll say 30 days a month. 30k, per char, per months. Two chars is 60 a month.
    This is pure gold generation. We haven't even gotten into trade items yet.
    You could easily get a few sweet item missions, bam, add another 10k a month, min.
    Add blingtron and huge gold missions, instead of the single 1k a day for regular gold missions.

You end up at about 50k-100k a month, per toon, per garrison, if you're lucky.

We'll say an average of 50k is made. Two chars, you're at 100k a month. Four chars? 200k a month. Five? 250k.
    That's not including being lucky.
    If you're lucky, you can easily nab 500k a month between 5 chars.

What the shit are you not doing right?
    Max treasure followers?
    Max gold boats?
    Inn? Etc.
    Are you using your resource to buy mats and then flip them?
    Etc.
    ^ this, your numbers pretty much exactly match my experience of the past 13-14 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the party, you are late and it is over though. As it has been mentioned several times it was raised to the current cap during Wrath. I love how many people are completely certain about something the have no idea about.
    Yeah no, the only one that does not have an idea here is you, the gold cap in Wrath was 214,748 Gold 36 Silver 47 Copper, as of Patch 4.0.1, the gold cap was raised to 999,999 gold 99 silver 99 copper. If you think that Patch 4.0.1 is in Wrath, then that's another topic.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Money (scroll down to Gold limit)
    Reasons are given as well as screenshots, if you think once again that this is due to add-on's causing this "non existent" gold cap for Wrath then I have no more comments for you.

That is some dog shit luck. From looking online you are supposed to get no more then 1 a week per account and no more then once a month per toon. There has to be something else to it then that though a few weeks ago over half my toons had it and for some reason my main almost never gets it. The only thing I can think of is he is my only toon without an Inn.

The rep, pvp and xp items are the best ways to make money from the mission board though. 11 to 13k per pvp token helps a lot the other 2 are worth about 3~ but still a nice item to get.
    I've had a well-developed garrison on my main for quuuuite some time now, and my rare missions are... Cinder pup, Burning Blade toy, Trait/Ability reroll thing. Think I've gotten Medallion of the Legion, Elixir of the Rapid Mind and Champion's thingy like... once. I get that they are supposed to be rare, but I feel I'm with the people that have farmed Invincible for years without getting it Did get an Ogre Cache yesterday though!

As for the gold cap increase - it doesn't matter to me anyway. I'm poor working class scum so it's out of reach. Even the current gold cap And yes, I do missions every fucking day.

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Yeah no, the only one that does not have an idea here is you, the gold cap in Wrath was 214,748 Gold 36 Silver 47 Copper, as of Patch 4.0.1, the gold cap was raised to 999,999 gold 99 silver 99 copper. If you think that Patch 4.0.1 is in Wrath, then that's another topic.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Money (scroll down to Gold limit)
    Reasons are given as well as screenshots, if you think once again that this is due to add-on's causing this "non existent" gold cap for Wrath then I have no more comments for you.
    Which has been mentioned dozens of times. Both are true the cap was 2 different things during Wrath. I am not saying the picture from that isn't genuine I am saying a picture taken out of context doesn't prove a damn thing. Good job on jumping past all the other comments just to toss your own brand of snark into the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    I've had a well-developed garrison on my main for quuuuite some time now, and my rare missions are... Cinder pup, Burning Blade toy, Trait/Ability reroll thing. Think I've gotten Medallion of the Legion, Elixir of the Rapid Mind and Champion's thingy like... once. I get that they are supposed to be rare, but I feel I'm with the people that have farmed Invincible for years without getting it Did get an Ogre Cache yesterday though!

As for the gold cap increase - it doesn't matter to me anyway. I'm poor working class scum so it's out of reach. Even the current gold cap And yes, I do missions every fucking day.
    Some toons just get the same shit combos over and over. I don't know how or why but there must be a reason. One of my toons hasn't gotten any of the follower reroll items. As a result for awhile every follower had a profession or bodyguard ability eating up a space. I ended up having to buy the items with GR to fix that. Sadly I wasted a pvp token today I was trying to mail it to the toon that posts all that stuff in the ah and used it, 13k down the drain there. I then learned you can't use item restore for consumables or on use items, which makes sense but that was a big fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post

You get a 6.2 Rare once per week, per character as long as the character satisfies the requirements (I forget the details but your character needs a certain average ilvl and you need a number of followers at a certain ilvl too)

The trait/ability reroll tokens are ont of these 675 ilvl missions (off the top of my head its Huge Ogre Cache, Bulging Barrel of Oil, Cinder Pup, Gronnling Mount, Toy, Medallion, Champions Honor, XP Elixir)

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    You get a 6.2 Rare once per week, per character as long as the character satisfies the requirements (I forget the details but your character needs a certain average ilvl and you need a number of followers at a certain ilvl too)

The trait/ability reroll tokens are ont of these 675 ilvl missions (off the top of my head its Huge Ogre Cache, Bulging Barrel of Oil, Cinder Pup, Gronnling Mount, Toy, Medallion, Champions Honor, XP Elixir)
    Well, all my 25 followers are ilvl 675 and I'm above 700. Never seen the mount either, hah

- - - Updated - - -

Which has been mentioned dozens of times. Both are true the cap was 2 different things during Wrath. I am not saying the picture from that isn't genuine I am saying a picture taken out of context doesn't prove a damn thing. Good job on jumping past all the other comments just to toss your own brand of snark into the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Some toons just get the same shit combos over and over. I don't know how or why but there must be a reason. One of my toons hasn't gotten any of the follower reroll items. As a result for awhile every follower had a profession or bodyguard ability eating up a space. I ended up having to buy the items with GR to fix that. Sadly I wasted a pvp token today I was trying to mail it to the toon that posts all that stuff in the ah and used it, 13k down the drain there. I then learned you can't use item restore for consumables or on use items, which makes sense but that was a big fuck up.
    The reason is probabaly Blizzard going "fuck you". At least that's what it feels like. And I feel you! I was going to buy a 715 intellect ring. After equipping it, I realised that is was an agility ring. Bye, 22,5k g It was one of those days