Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What happens when you run out of content?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    There is even a noticeable minority of players who DISCOVERED Vanilla on PS (because they started WoW after Vanilla), but still it's supposed somehow to magically be "nostalgia"...
    No, that would be the "first time experience" fallacy. Which is generally the main driving force of nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    They will complain until they get TBC servers likely

Which is the big question I have that people avoid the answer with...I'm not against Legacy Servers (I wouldn't mind some old school Enh PvP), but honestly what's to stop the situation from snowballing. (Ex. Class Balance, other expansions, etc). Because honestly I feel that's one of the probably many reasons why they don't wish to dabble in it, because you do Vanilla, then people will want BC, then Wrath, and so on, then going further a Vanilla server where the Gates haven't been opened yet, or a Wrath server that doesn't have ToGC yet. What if people want a server that in certain time frames an expansion is released? Again, like I said, things begin to snowball.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Can't there be some automatic infraction for cluttering threads with this shit, seriously ?
    If only there was such a thing (or bans) for the assloads of threads being created about the whole legacy server thing along with the shitposts from both sides of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Which is the big question I have that people avoid the answer with...I'm not against Legacy Servers (I wouldn't mind some old school Enh PvP), but honestly what's to stop the situation from snowballing. (Ex. Class Balance, other expansions, etc). Because honestly I feel that's one of the probably many reasons why they don't wish to dabble in it, because you do Vanilla, then people will want BC, then Wrath, and so on, then going further a Vanilla server where the Gates haven't been opened yet, or a Wrath server that doesn't have ToGC yet. What if people want a server that in certain time frames an expansion is released? Again, like I said, things begin to snowball.
    Try it out, if its not worth the investment just cancel it, if its successful expand it to TBC and Wrath later, for Classchanges do polls (like everquest is doing with their legacy realms) or just keep the changes as little as possible to keep the "legacy feeling", they asked for exactly that after all.

What happens when you run out of content on current WoW? You either stop playing or make a new character.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think pristine servers is a step in the right direction, honestly.

I doubt most people loved Vanilla for the old raids as much as they did the mmo/raiding enviorment

If they did these Pristine servers I'd be for it if there were rewards that carried over to regular servers, like account wide achievements, titles, mounts, transmog, etc. Playing hardcore just to play hardcore isn't interesting to me.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make a new character and go again

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Try it out, if its not worth the investment just cancel it, if its successful expand it to TBC and Wrath later, for Classchanges do polls (like everquest is doing with their legacy realms) or just keep the changes as little as possible to keep the "legacy feeling", they asked for exactly that after all.
    Then the cries will be that blizz didn't back it enough and that is why if failed or that the people really want tbc and that will not fail. And if that failed the. They would say the subs highest in wotlk and that is what they want and so on and so whatever it takes to fit thier agenda

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    You are pretty misinformed. Warlocks are great in vanilla pve and warrior dps is very good too. More like I want to tank but I'm not a warrior?
    i guess you never played, cause really... warriors were only tanks, and warlocks were just there to curse so the mages would do more, i remember me and my 3 other warlocks all working together, using our differant curses to buff the mages and other dps

- - - Updated - - -

That's just clownish. Come back to Earth, you're ridiculous.
    30 people were what nost had, and it was only a few thousend people... so

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Then the cries will be that blizz didn't back it enough and that is why if failed or that the people really want tbc and that will not fail. And if that failed the. They would say the subs highest in wotlk and that is what they want and so on and so whatever it takes to fit thier agenda
    Yeah, it sounds like lose/lose situation for Blizzard. They simply chose lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You have no idea what the subscriber numbers look like right now for retail WoW. It hasn't been consistent for a long time, and the fact that they stopped announcing them suggests they expected the subs to drop even more.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if more than two million people played WoW right now. We've been on a content drought for so long, there can't be many people left.
    If WoW Census is anything to go by, and they've tracked numbers pretty close in the past, they're bouncing around the same numbers as the last 10 months. I think they found their lower limit of the people who will keep playing through the drought. I'd call it 2, 2.5 million, or half of the last announced numbers (the other half is Asia). Which is surprising, i thought they'd drop more, but I'm sure without the token, it would have.

I'm not against legacy servers, but I feel like they won't be able to make a perfect copy looks like some middle ground would have to be found imo. Also I would not play it unless they did something about the Vanilla classes, if they tune and balance them better I would not mind playing a legacy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    i guess you never played, cause really... warriors were only tanks, and warlocks were just there to curse so the mages would do more, i remember me and my 3 other warlocks all working together, using our differant curses to buff the mages and other dps
    Locks were a pain in the ass in Vanilla, with soul shard management. "Sorry, out of shards" is GREAT to hear in a raid. Same as 'Sorry, out of candles/Ankhs/whatever"

It's just unbelievable how it's possible for some people to mindlessly continue to spam the "IT'S NOSTALGIA DUR DUR LOL *drool*" retarded mantra when the entire situation is about tens to hundred of thousand of people ACTUALLY PLAYING SAID GAME FOR MONTHES.
    There is even a noticeable minority of players who DISCOVERED Vanilla on PS (because they started WoW after Vanilla), but still it's supposed somehow to magically be "nostalgia"...
    Yeah, you're sure so nostalgic about the game you're... playing for the first time ? Yeah, that must be it !
    /facepalm

Can't there be some automatic infraction for cluttering threads with this shit, seriously ?
    You're suggesting that they should give out infractions to people that do not agree with you? Mature, really...

Oh, and a few thousands playing a free version doesn't really give a good picture of how many that would actually play that crap for more than a month or two if they had to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post

- - - Updated - - -

30 people were what nost had, and it was only a few thousend people... so
    No, warlocks were not good. CoE was good in PvE so that mages could do damage but warlocks were shit.
    Warriors were ok as DPS but they were also the ONLY tanks... Super OP in PvP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I think blue post was quite reasonable.

No lawyer speek, no bullshit.
    Yeah, and personally I like the concept of the pristine realms as well. It trims out a lot of the things people wish werent implemented, and offers that experience while people who want those other features can just stay the course. Seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

No one that is pro-legacy is going to accept anything other than "Ok, we hear you and we will give legacy servers." So, I think his statement is good, and it's all the compromise they need to give until WoW is no longer in active development.

The things Legacy players will demand if they get their server

- Class balancing, they want their crappy druid/warrior/shaman whatever to be up to par with the rest.
    - QoL changes, fuck having to use BoK on 40 different people just to make sure they have it, make it last an hour!
    - TBC/Wreath/cata/mop realms, It WILL happen. People will see the legacy server and say "why not X expansion, X was better than Y, you guys are terrible if you like Y more"
    - New content will be asked for, not by the people who know what to expect of legacy servers, but by the influx of new players who are use to how blizzard games work and how they get updated with new shit to do, be it through patches or expansions.

All that will be asked for, at some point and it may be a very loud outcry. It may take only one month, it might take six, but it WILL happen, Just as legacy servers will happen in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    No one that is pro-legacy is going to accept anything other than "Ok, we hear you and we will give legacy servers." So, I think his statement is good, and it's all the compromise they need to give until WoW is no longer in active development.
    Even if there's a positive reply. There still would be people complaining about things, e.g. it's P2P, it's not the version of the game they liked, it's not how they remembered it or how they experienced it on PS, etc. There's no winning against community ever.

Even now, there are people who bitch about WoW being not RPG enough, Blizz recently introduced Suramar, extremely RPG friendly zone, questing is awesome, guess what were some of first reactions? "Oh, not this fucking RPG shite"!