Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Ironically I'm one those people you're describing that "enjoys being spanked", although I'm more partial to giving it rather than receiving it.

But can you compare what two consenting adults do to what technique you use to punish your children? I mean some women like their hair pulled or even more extreme things (being made to walk on all fours).
    Yes. Yes you can compare them. Because spanking is not equivalent to beating someone. At all. Not even a little teensy bit. Clearly you've never been beaten in your life. If you had, you'd shut up real quick.

This is a beaten woman.

Unless you look like that after being spanked, you quite are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Paedophilia? Really?

If that is how loose your grip on reality is you really ought not be talking about anything. That is about the most absurdly stupid thing I have ever seen here, and I've read political threads.
    I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying it's a weird approach to me. I think reality is that your children will outgrow the tickle phase and if you already exhausted all other options and they didn't work, I wish you best of luck in the remaining 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You don't say.
    I'm trying my best to say less (meaningful things) than you do, but I just keep getting beat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    All of your points sum up to "Here's something I've thought of that I bet hundreds of scientists and researchers never thought of, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES."

So it seems you summed yourself up perfectly.
    Still waiting for a single actual retort that makes any sense other than "lol u r dum!!! but i iz smart! i red artical 4 srs, u trust ya cuz I iz smart and u r dum!!!!!!!11"

What. A. Fucking. Joke.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beating = Repeatedly striking someone.

Spanking = Repeatedly striking someone...on the ass.
    Try again...

Beating = a punishment or assault in which the victim is hit repeatedly.
    Spanking = an act of slapping, especially on the buttocks as a punishment for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    I admit sometimes my wife's rear end can get pretty cherry red after a rather uh... exciting night.

"The safety word is; banana!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying it's a weird approach to me. I think reality is that your children will outgrow the tickle phase and if you already exhausted all other options and they didn't work, I wish you best of luck in the remaining 18 years.
    I can't see spanking any child that is older than the tickle phase.

I just can't see a 9+ year old responding with anything other than learning their parents are not to be trusted/possibly enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    And people who want their kids to be growup and be respectful / disciplined adults instead of entitled, spoiled, and lazy grown children who are a drain on society.
    I don't know, my kids are doing fine and I've never felt the need to spank them. 10, 3 and 1 and for the most part telling them that they're done misbehaving and need to do something else has been perfectly effective. Though the three year old was spanked(without our permission) by one of his grandparents and no longer speaks at their house. They thought he had a learning disability till I showed them video of him speaking other places. So I guess one of our kids has been spanked once.

These people are spanking their kids more often than my three year old needs any sort of discipline, that's messed up.

All getting spanked taught me is that the authority of others ends when you no longer believe in it. It took me years to rebuild respect for other people.

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Can you imagine, it's like a healthbar, just ticking away at it. It's like how masturbating makes you blind. It's like interest on your savingsaccount, or perhaps credit card is a better comparison here.

I always knew, that my butt contained brains. I'm so smart, it could never all be in my head.
    If only rear ends did contain brains then people would find more intuitively that they're making their kids dumb. Its about 2.8 points which is relatively small in an individual and positively massive on a macro scale. Its enough to knock an entire population of minimum wage earners half a standard deviation.

http://www.livescience.com/7895-chil...anked-iqs.html

[QUOTE=Aeilon;40026216]If they can define spanking and abusing a child I'll bother with a study, but since they don't it's all complete bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

This! I agree.

They talk nothing about how the study was conducted, if there were control and non-control groups, how they were spanked, what for, how often.

Besides, all the people part of this "study" could have also been raised badly, regardless of spanking.
    How did the people that didn't get spanked turn out?

Yes. Yes you can compare them. Because spanking is not equivalent to beating someone. At all. Not even a little teensy bit. Clearly you've never been beaten in your life. If you had, you'd shut up real quick.

This is a beaten woman.

They'll very equivalent and I was indeed beaten by both kids at school when I was really young and by my mother that struggled with alcoholism.

Btw, nothing in the definition of beating entails you wailing off on someone's face. That is beating, but you don't have to beat in the face like that for it to be beating, repeatedly striking someone would be beating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I would also like to make note that a number of those that defend spanking are among the most anti-social posters in this section of mmo-champion, more likely to advocate violence in politics, law enforcement, and casual social situations, more likely to espouse racist, sexist and homophobic views, and generally more likely to be hostile to other viewpoints.
    My thoughts exactly. Some of these posts are by turns fascinating and disgusting but all of them are quite revealing.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Try again...

Beating = a punishment or assault in which the victim is hit repeatedly.
    Spanking = an act of slapping, especially on the buttocks as a punishment for children.
    Don't have to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The question remains, why are you so willing to put your faith in human beings,
    I don't put my faith in human beings, which is why everything you and crow says are pretty meaningless. You're nobodies with no degree claiming to thought of more than a large team a multitude of researchers, psychologists, graduate assistants and the peer review process.

The closest thing to "faith" I have is that process, which is extensive, brutal, and comprehensive. Your concerns about what the study did and did not account for are peanuts in the face of the actual peer review process which is BRUTAL. It asks the hard questions. Not "did you account for perceptional bias, dishonest answers, questions not being asked properly, hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

That people think their simple questions come even close to this process is laughable, so I'll post it again...

What. A. Fucking. Joke.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    I can't see spanking any child that is older than the tickle phase.

I just can't see a 9+ year old responding with anything other than learning their parents are not to be trusted/possibly enemies.
    You think tickling them for the rest of their lives to make them do what you think is best for them is going to make them take you serious, at all?

My method is simple. This is the line. As long as you stay within the line, it's fine. It's a pretty large area with which I'm fine. Cross the line means getting back in line, which is simply having a conversation in which we reaffirm the line. Our bond is one of mutual trust. I won't lie to you, I will help you if I can and I will be there to support you if you need it.

In fact, honesty is the purest form of education. Children have a lie-detector the size of their heads.

Never back down on a statement. If you walk through the store and your kid wants to have something it can't have, don't cave to blackmail, because that's the end of your education right then and there.

And being me, I could probably almost make people die just by staring at them, so I don't need violence to get them back in line.

But a spanking will always remain an option. If only to be a small part of their minds that warns them for extreme measures if they decide to push in extremes.

They'll very equivalent and I was indeed beaten by both kids at school when I was really young and by my mother that struggled with alcoholism.

Btw, nothing in the definition of beating entails you wailing off on someone's face. That is beating, but you don't have to beat in the face like that for it to be beating, repeatedly striking someone would be beating.
    Jesus Christ.

<just walks off, rubbing temples>

The fact that this comes as news to some people is quite sad.

I'm not even against spanking, personally I wouldn't employ it if I personally had children (even if young children are mostly assholes from experience), but I'm not against it if it's done reasonably.

I just want people to be honest with yourselves, there's a very loose separation between spanking and beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    If only rear ends did contain brains then people would find more intuitively that they're making their kids dumb. Its about 2.8 points which is relatively small in an individual and positively massive on a macro scale. Its enough to knock an entire population of minimum wage earners half a standard deviation.

http://www.livescience.com/7895-chil...anked-iqs.html
    Dude, use your brains. Please. Just.. sigh..

Refence in the article itself; "You can't say it proves it, but I think we can say there's a link"
    It's a bullshit pre-determined position.

I just want people to be honest with yourselves, there's a very huge separation between spanking and beating.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-04-26 at 10:49 PM.

[QUOTE=VTerpsichore;40026779]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    If they can define spanking and abusing a child I'll bother with a study, but since they don't it's all complete bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

This! I agree.

They talk nothing about how the study was conducted, if there were control and non-control groups, how they were spanked, what for, how often.

Besides, all the people part of this "study" could have also been raised badly, regardless of spanking.
    How did the people that didn't get spanked turn out?
    Ask The Batman! He's totally read the study and can give you detailed information on these points!

True story, he said so himself!

(Of course, he has yet to show any evidence of this being true, but hey, we're all idiots and he -- and he alone -- is the sole champion of the universe, the most brilliant mind to ever exist, and all others pale in his glory and magnificence. Even though he's a pathetic liar of the worst kind. Oh, and none of those other things either, except in his own head.)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have to.
    lol....ok then. Call the police next time a child gets a swat on the butt. Claim a child is being beat when they get a singular swat to the butt and see where it lands you.