Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Been a while since I made new cards, gonna try for some cool ones:

Last edited by McNeil; 2016-04-17 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Thunderfury: Way too OP. The text isn't really clear, as I read it the 2-damage effect only takes place when attacking a minion but you can also swing with Thunderfury at the enemy's face. Since the effect takes place before attacking, you can just aim at a 2-health minion, then the effect takes place, the minion dies, the attack doesn't take place and you don't use any charges. Rinse and repeat for multiple board clears.

-Ashbringer: 15 damage over 3 turns at the price of 4 mana, 9 self-damage (and possibly more, if you swing at minions) might be too risky to see play.

-Hellcaller: The concept is nice. It may be a bit risky if it gets silenced, and you could lower the cost to 3 (making it similar to the void hound, but sacrificing 2 stats for the added effect).

-Deadly Brewer: Overpriced. Deadly Poison costs 1 to cast, and even then you want a solid body on turn 5. I'd make it a 4/4.

-Faceless Sapper: Interesting concept.

-Trapper Keeper: Looks like a heavily nerfed version of Mysterious Challenger. Then again, paladin secrets all cost 1. It could do with bigger stats.

The wording of Thunderfury could've been better, like replacing enemy ''minion'' with ''target'' so the extra 2 damage hits the hero aswell. What I also didn't mention is that the moment you proc your weapon to silence and deal 2 damage, it counts as a swing. But if the enemy minion dies solely because of the 2 damage, then you won't lose durability on your weapon, but you can't attack again when that happens. This sword is basically the replacement for Death's Bite to fill the 4 mana slot, and since warriors lack silence effects I thought it would be a cool idea to give a weapon silence.

Corrupted Ashbringer looked interesting to me because paladins don't usually have cards that deal damage to themselves, but they do have a lot of cards healing. So while you might receive a lot of damage to your hero for using this sword, then you should have some good healing in your deck while your hero can provide solid board clears. It may also replace Truesilver Champion in aggro paladins, as they are the ones playing aggresive so the extra damage may not bother them to much.

Hellcaller looked like an interesting idea for the fact that you'll actually get your demon back that was being sacrificied. So even if you end up with a huge body that gets destroyed somehow, your enemy would still have to deal with the other demon. Maybe he is better balanced at 3 mana though.

Deadly Brewer had to be expensive because its to easy to get out of hand, considering the major burst rogues could have by getting to many poisons. But I don't think its bad, you can use her for combo's like trying to give it stealth or protecting it with some good taunts. The idea is to get enough poisons to do some serious damage.

I always found Myserious Challenger to overbudgetted , but the paladin secrets were always very weak anyway. Hunters get way better value by getting these secrets for free summoned on the battlefield, although the body could use a buff. I made this card as a replacement for Mad Scientists for hunters.

Deleted
    So uhm.... Turned some streamers into cards. Who should I do next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Introducing the Undead tag.

A weaker Yeti with an upside happening every turn if the enemy isn't quick enough. The "Undead" tag would be added to minions like Flesheating Ghoul, Ravaging Ghoul, Abomination.

@thread

I'm relatively new to Hearthstone (spending most of my time playing WoW), but I've been having a lot of fun levelling a Warlock while playing Ranked. Just came across this thread, played around a bit on the Hearthcards site and now I have a question: where do you get the artwork for the cards shown in this thread? Are you importing existing cards and modifying them or supplying your own artwork from elsewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyptheria View Post
    @thread

I'm relatively new to Hearthstone (spending most of my time playing WoW), but I've been having a lot of fun levelling a Warlock while playing Ranked. Just came across this thread, played around a bit on the Hearthcards site and now I have a question: where do you get the artwork for the cards shown in this thread? Are you importing existing cards and modifying them or supplying your own artwork from elsewhere?
    Personally, I follow two ways:
    -If I have a somewhat good concept in mind, for example an ability suited for a knight, I just google "knight fantasy".
    -If I'm out of ideas, I google "fantasy wallpaper", "fantasy knight", "warrior" and the likes, and then I build a card around the image (like it happened for my last card posted here).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Personally, I follow two ways:
    -If I have a somewhat good concept in mind, for example an ability suited for a knight, I just google "knight fantasy".
    -If I'm out of ideas, I google "fantasy wallpaper", "fantasy knight", "warrior" and the likes, and then I build a card around the image (like it happened for my last card posted here).
    OK, cool. Thanks! I don't even know if these cards exist in some form, but what the hell.

One thing I've noticed is that there seem to be a fair few necro/undead/plague style cards around, but no Death Knight class. Anyone else think that Blizzard missed a trick/opportunity?
    Last edited by Dyptheria; 2016-04-26 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Seeing your cards really makes me wish that Blizzard would release some more demons and demon synergy cards. With the removal of Mal Ganis, Kel Thuzad and Baron Rivendare my Dreadsteed deck is dead and WotOG didn't even implent one new demon. All i want is a viable Demon Lock.

Anyways I think that both, Fel Flame and Demonic Attraction, are well stated for their cost. Good Buffs may even make Demons, which hardly see any play, viable.

I also made some new cards for my hypothetical Karazhan adventure.

First of we have the two cards, you'll get for defeating the cellar bosses.

Next up is Attumen, who rewards you with these cards.

And lastly you have the honor of battling Moroes and his entourage. This will reward you with four cards.

The four dinner guests you're able to discover are:

And lastly we have the class challenges for the first wing, which will reward you with these cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are the most control-oriented class in WoW. The lack of many control options for Hunters in HS makes me sad, so I made some. I did some research to try to make sure they're balanced, but all numbers are subject to being re-balanced.

Durotan, Frostwolf Chieftain:
    Mana - 5
    Stats - 4/5
    Effect - Deathrattle: Summon Nightstalker.
    Nightstalker - 2/4 Beast - Stealth
    Inspired by: Cairne Bloodhoof

One mana cheaper than Cairne, but at the cost of 2/1. Four attack for the Priests, 5 HP stops Flamestrike, 5 mana reduces the likelihood of Face using him. Nightstalker provides beast synergy and Stealth adds some board stickiness for trading.

Terrorpene:
    Mana - 6
    Stats - 3/9
    Effect - Taunt. This minion can only take one (1) damage at a time.
    Inspired by: Animated Armor

His high health pool combined with his effect will make him VERY good at minion trading. All classes have some form of direct removal (Poly, Hex, Deadly Shot, Execute, Assassinate, Naturalize, etc.) so he CAN be countered. The trick will be to get people to play those on other things. 3 Attack keeps him out of Cabal territory, but still vulnerable to Pain. 6 Mana will be great against those pesky face builds that swarm the board by turn 7.

Loque'nahak:
    Mana - 6
    Stats - 6/3
    Effect - Stealth. Battlecry: Restore 10 health to your hero.
    Inspired by: Antique Healbot

Every class, except maybe Rogue, has some form of mitigating damage in their class tools. It's one of the reasons that aggro Hunter is so prominent since we have few other options. We have one (Gladiator's Longbow) that functions in that regard. Giving us an Antique Healbot-esqe minion seems like a great option and Loque's in-game Spirit Mend seems like the best choice for that role. With 6 attack, Loque himself is intimidating enough to trade with bigger minions or hit for high burst in late game. While his stealth will protect against most immediate removal, his 3 health does keep him vulnerable to AoE counters in stealth and a large selection of direct target spells out of it.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-05-09 at 11:09 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

If it has been done, apologies. Maybe it should cost 4, if so I feel 3/5 wouldn't be unfair (a la Fandral). That or change it to a 2/4 and remain at 3 mana; I don't know.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-05-10 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Couple of new ones. Might make some more interesting cards next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always hoped that Hellreaver would get into Hearthstone. I would have it's effect be something more in tune with the fact that it's a polearm, though. Like, "Your hero ignores Taunt," or something along the lines of dealing damage to attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genn sounds a bit OP. If he smashes into a 1 attack minion, it would take 9 damage AT ONCE to take him down next turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fatigue cards because reasons.

Because Chen is all about sharing and caring.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I would love to see that Chen in the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Genn sounds a bit OP. If he smashes into a 1 attack minion, it would take 9 damage AT ONCE to take him down next turn.
    Yeah maybe +3/+3 would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Yeah maybe +3/+3 would be better.
    That sounds more doable, or make the effect happen at the end of the turn instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if I posted this idea in the past, but I'm bringing up a new type of Card that might prove to be interesting for Gameplay: The Biome.

All are 5-mana Rares, with no real class specifics yet, but it's pretty obvious which would go where, and which would stay neutral.
    The basic idea of Biomes is that they change the board for about 2-3 turns, and in those turns certain spells and minions are buffed up slightly. Think of it like a more specific Spell Damage: +1.

For example, this Biome is specific to cards such as Arcane Intellect, Arcane Blast, Mirror Image, etc. as well as cards like Mana Wyrm. In these two turns, these cards a re buffed, but when the Biome is removed from play, then that buff disappears.
    Here's another example of a Biome:

This applies to spells such as Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Ragnaros, Fire Elemental, etc. Again, it buffs them up for the time the Biome is active, and when it's removed, the buffs wear off.
    I'm not sure if it's just going to be a pure damage boost, or maybe something a bit more special, but I think these would be very interesting changes to the Meta.

And of course, there's a Biome for Murlocs as well. Couldn't leave them out of this magic
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?