Poll: How Many Leveling Zones do you like to have per Xpack?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mists of Pandaria was only meant to have four leveling zones btw. And in my opinion it had the best leveling experience out of any expansion to date.

They only later split Dreadwastes from Townlong Steppes and Karasang Wilds from the Valley of the Four Winds to give you the illusion of more zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Wor'gol and Blade'spire and the story line following the quests in these two hubs are ~90% of the entire zone, not sure if you are aware of this fact. Every single one of them are highly linear and nothing like Howling Fjord. I didn't check a commented video, I checked a walkthrough.
    Sure, but they're not the only hubs either (there's like three more off the top of my head), and which ones you go to are mostly up to you. But FFR is honestly a bad example; it's the most linear of all of the zones, and even Shadowmoon Valley is significantly less linear than it is.

I wasn't able to choose between questing in Desert or Jungle in Gorgrond. I wasn't able to choose between Auchindoun or Voljin's Pride at the same time. I am not sure about Spires of Arrak, but were players able to pick between Bladefist and Anzu quest line at the same time? I recall it wasn't the case. In any way, I feel like Nagrand is the only zone that let players choose a hub and stick with its story.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "desert or jungle in Gorgrond". Do you mean which side of the zone you quested in? Because that's based on which outpost you choose. But when you complete your outpost you get the choice of three (I believe) areas to quest in which each open their own hubs.

Vol'jin's Pride was your outpost; as I said, outposts had to be done first, then you get to choose your next hubs. Talador I think also had three hubs open up after completing the outpost, with one more (Retribution Point) being locked behind another.

Arak was almost entirely nonlinear with the exception of one hub (the excavation site) only opening up after completing the quests in the ruined village. Again, you have to establish the outpost first, then it opens up like four or five hubs that can be done in any order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Between the zones having a lot of quest content (at least by what people playing alpha are saying) and several class quests that will likely be run while leveling, I think 4 zones will be enough tbh.
    actually almost all of them say its very short experience, 20hours tops for all zones, thats just pathethic

People say positive and negative stuff in betas all the time but 4 is really low number. Questing has been gone for a while now (as solid gameplay element), total number of zones combined is more important these days and 5 is not making it better. Im surprised we still get any lvls, all the work with scaling, rewards, changing numbers...pointless.

Questing is to create a feeling of progression, there is none. It is also used to tell a story...well storytelling sucks in WoW for years. PvPers would love to remove all quests completely. Maybe we should, just rename it to "WoW: Tekken 48" so that mmorpg players can finally leave to other actual mmorpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They only later split Dreadwastes from Townlong Steppes and Karasang Wilds from the Valley of the Four Winds to give you the illusion of more zones.
    I disagree. Krasarang/Wo4W and Townlong Steppes/Dread Wastes deserve to be different zones. They are different in terms of story, terrain and ambient.

I personally like leveling. Since Cata I do Loremaster on every single character (I skip MOP due to no flying). But, I guess, most players level only till level cap. In WOD you can get to 100 in the middle of Spires of Arak. And Blizzard are very double-standarded guys. They're stubborn and do "what is good for game", where it isn't necessary. And they cater to players, where being stubborn is necessary. Hunter is easiest class, that is felt, like you are playing in 2ppl group - and it's most popular class. So all classes will be made easier to play in Legion in order to bring them on par with Hunters. Nobody levels beyond level cap? Let's simply cut leveling zones.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I disagree. Krasarang/Wo4W and Townlong Steppes/Dread Wastes deserve to be different zones. They are different in terms of story, terrain and ambient.
    Thats fine. I happen to agree with you. But its doesn't change the fact that MoP originally only had 4 leveling zones.

Granted I am not in the Alpha. So I don't know how the Legion zones stack up to massive zones like Jade Forest and Kunlai

Deleted
    Yes, there are 4 leveling zones but in other hand all those zones stay completely relevant with the World Quests. Also, Suramar is the biggest questing zone ever in WoW history, it's amazing what Blizzard is doing with the zone.

1 or 2 zones more would've been nice. But let's been honest. The first time it doesn't matter, you enjoy the leveling process. The second time you do the parts you liked and you try the remaining stuff. For the 3rd you're annoyed to have to level again and you just go the fastest possible way, regardless of the multitude that is available.

I don't mind the low number of zones as long as they're interesting.

I kinda like that there are so few zones that we can do in any order. In WoD, I hit 100 on my main before I was even done with Arak. (pretty close to the end of the zone though) Nagrand was kinda "meh" to me after that because all i had to look forward to was maybe 1 or 2 more equipment upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    1 or 2 zones more would've been nice. But let's been honest. The first time it doesn't matter, you enjoy the leveling process. The second time you do the parts you liked and you try the remaining stuff. For the 3rd you're annoyed to have to level again and you just go the fastest possible way, regardless of the multitude that is available.
    A fair point. I mean how many people really did Zul'Drak or Bladespire more than once?

10+ Year Old Account
    With Legion, every zone is viable between 100-110. Previous expansions you moved from the current zone to a new one when the exp wasn't good enough. That's not the case anymore so they can focus more efforts into these 4 zones.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

A fair point. I mean how many people really did Zul'Drak or Bladespire more than once?
    Or at all.... I know I skipped them, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Zul'Drak... I still do it on every character I level through Wrath zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberwolf View Post
    Anyone else feeling me on this?
    No. Even with all the zones of WotLK you still were locked into a path of zones. Sure you could skip some but you still had to do certain zones and usually the breadcrumb quests lead you to specific zones depending on starting in Fjord or Tundra. Why do you need more then 4 leveling zones? Leveling zones should be completed by the time you reach level cap. More then 4 would mean you skip some altogether or the leveling process is slowed down.

What it should be is more end-game zones. The poll is flawed because fewer the better is tied to not liking the leveling process. But less doesn't mean you don't like to level if you want more end-game content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I gather Suramar is more of a questing experience, more similar to what you'll find levelling, but with no real other motivation than to progress the story.

Lets not forget how hollow each level in Legion will feel. With the exception of DH, you're not gaining any new skill or talents so you're not really working towards anything other than an arbitrary level cap. The real reward to questing is the artifact power and/or relics, the levels themselves are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Honestly, I've never cared much for the leveling process in the first place. When I level alts, I do so as fast as possible without paying much attention to quests or zones.

Max level content is where it's at, IMO, and I'd much rather they focus their efforts on that.
    Well for me leveling is where I have the most fun. I don't really care for raiding. I enjoy leveling and exploring.

Personally happy with what they've shown us. Scaling should also mean the zones stay relevant at max level (e.g world quests). I think 4-5 is a good amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Well, I'll buy your Alpha then.
    You couldn't afford it since it is linked to my live account.