Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    My comment means, we said this last expansion, and we were 100% correct. Therefore, saying "oh, we say this every expansion" doesn't carry any weight when the very last time we had the issues we're talking about right now, the spec turned out horrible.

"This is a dangerous street crossing. You should be careful when crossing."
    "Oh, every street crossing can be dangerous. You just have to look--"
    "You saw someone run over by a bus here yesterday."

This isn't about threats. This is about two full years of neglect turning into evidence of something between bias and disdain. Why aren't you sick of it?
    Well you kind of evaded the point; it was meant to read "every expansion people complain and talk about quitting but they rarely do, and even so, it has no effect whatsoever on the state of design".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Save yourself the frustration, unlike me, and just move on. Took me two years to realize it, but they do not care. AT. ALL.
    Well, anyone who thought they care about individual opinions, or even group-minority opinions was already kidding themselves unfortunately.

play other games.
    +1
    and
    /10
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    Twirling will definetly ruin immersion.

There's a couple of things I would really like to see done with the spec like Overpower Baseline, and Sweeping Strikes Execute working above 20% on other targets. Yet I'm pretty sure they're not going to happen at this point. While I'm upset we're stuck with the current iteration of Arms on the Alpha, I'm kind of Ok with it, because it's not as garbage as the WoD Arms.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    Posted by me on the forums
    "Can you explain why Dauntless is not affecting Execute like it should for Arms? I was trying to understand how the linearity of 10-40 executes would work for 8-32 executes, but ingame it appears to be really getting a strange behavior, like not spending full 32 executes on a 32 rage bar."

CELESTALON ANSWERED
    "Looks like there was a bug about how Execute consumes extra Rage with Dauntless. Fixed for next (or maybe next next) build. It should work as it sounds like you expect; normal Execute spends up to 40 to do X, Dauntless Execute spends up to 32 to do that same X."

WE ARE NOT DEAD YET!
    Where is this? I cannot find his post.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

I don't understand why you guys are so excited about an extremely small bug fix that changes nothing lol. Also a bug that was reported months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah, if only that bug hadn't been reported three full months ago...
    They fixed and broke that after some builds, it was doing 8 base cost + 19 rage on the variable part. It was also behaving bizarrely if you were under 32 rage, spending variable costs like 5~15.

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Where is this? I cannot find his post.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...316?page=9#174

I don't understand why you guys are so excited about an extremely small bug fix that changes nothing lol. Also a bug that was reported months ago.
    Happy because a DPS warrior question was answered after 4 builds of silence. Also, that bug was ReBugged on the aszuna build (explained the behavior on the feedback thread)
    Last edited by Ferozan; 2016-04-26 at 01:37 PM.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not "excited" but almost anything was better than dead fucking silence. This opens up the OPTION that other bugs will be fixed, or better yet, that other spec issues will at least be addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you kind of evaded the point; it was meant to read "every expansion people complain and talk about quitting but they rarely do, and even so, it has no effect whatsoever on the state of design".

- - - Updated - - -

Well, anyone who thought they care about individual opinions, or even group-minority opinions was already kidding themselves unfortunately.

wow has gone from 12 million subs down to less then 5 = yes people quit by the millions and sub #'s is what blizz listens to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    There's a couple of things I would really like to see done with the spec like Overpower Baseline, and Sweeping Strikes Execute working above 20% on other targets. Yet I'm pretty sure they're not going to happen at this point. While I'm upset we're stuck with the current iteration of Arms on the Alpha, I'm kind of Ok with it, because it's not as garbage as the WoD Arms.
    if your use to eating garbage everyday and someone offers you dog food is that an upgrade?=yeah kind of but your not "fine dinning" by any means.

myself i would say fuck your "blizz" garbage and dog food give me a steak or you will never get another dime of my $.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    if your use to eating garbage everyday and someone offers you dog food is that an upgrade?=yeah kind of but your not "fine dinning" by any means.

myself i would say fuck your "blizz" garbage and dog food give me a steak or you will never get another dime of my $.
    That's "battered warrior syndrome", it's not a pretty picture, but that's what we have come to after WoD...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    That's "battered warrior syndrome", it's not a pretty picture, but that's what we have come to after WoD...
    Not really battered Warrior Syndrome (we've been experiencing, that since TBC), more or of not being super melodramatic about this. There are problems, but it's not the worst iteration of Arms we've ever had. It also isn't the best iteration we've ever had.

There's still plenty of time for changes to be made, and I'll keep arguing for them. However if Legion were to go live tomorrow, I wouldn't be terribly upset with how Arms plays on the Alpha.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

wow has gone from 12 million subs down to less then 5 = yes people quit by the millions and sub #'s is what blizz listens to.
    Not because of class design. Don't kid yourself for even a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Not really battered Warrior Syndrome (we've been experiencing, that since TBC), more or of not being super melodramatic about this. There are problems, but it's not the worst iteration of Arms we've ever had. It also isn't the best iteration we've ever had.

There's still plenty of time for changes to be made, and I'll keep arguing for them. However if Legion were to go live tomorrow, I wouldn't be terribly upset with how Arms plays on the Alpha.
    I'd still like it better than WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you like it more than the T18 version of WoD? I feel like you have to make that comparison as that's the version of the spec we'll be used to playing when Legion prepatch comes out.

I'll agree the base version of Legion is an improvement, albeit a small one, over WoD. But I don't agree that the base version in Legion is better than T18 + Class Trinket Arms.

Would you like it more than the T18 version of WoD? I feel like you have to make that comparison as that's the version of the spec we'll be used to playing when Legion prepatch comes out.

I'll agree the base version of Legion is an improvement, albeit a small one, over WoD. But I don't agree that the base version in Legion is better than T18 + Class Trinket Arms.
    Yes, because the T18 version of WoD requires:
    • 4/4 Tier,
    • Class Trinket,
    • Dependent on an extra ability (Rend).

So yeah, it really is better. Legion allows future tier to customize the rotation further and leaves your trinket slots open.

Now if you mean Legion v T18 + class trinket, ignoring the fact that you need those items equipped, I'd still say that Legion is an improvement if only because the resets work off a multitude of different attacks, which allow for better returns on multi-target. I also think that proc on ability cast is subjectively better than auto-attack, if only because of the sense of feedback, and it gives Slam more of a reason to exist beyond "use for damage if you can't do anything better". Proc on ability cast is also more predictable, so you don't have the rarer concern of GCD overlap.

• 4/4 Tier,
    • Class Trinket,

So yeah, it really is better. Legion allows future tier to customize the rotation further and leaves your trinket slots open.

Now if you mean Legion v T18 + class trinket, ignoring the fact that you need those items equipped, I'd still say that Legion is an improvement if only because the resets work off a multitude of different attacks, which allow for better returns on multi-target. I also think that proc on ability cast is subjectively better than auto-attack, if only because of the sense of feedback, and it gives Slam more of a reason to exist beyond "use for damage if you can't do anything better".
    Fair enough. Though I do hate the idea of continuing to fill design gaps with tier bonuses or trinkets.

Fair enough. Though I do hate the idea of continuing to fill design gaps with tier bonuses or trinkets.
    It's never not going to happen.

• 4/4 Tier,
    • Class Trinket,

Now if you mean Legion v T18 + class trinket, ignoring the fact that you need those items equipped, I'd still say that Legion is an improvement if only because the resets work off a multitude of different attacks, which allow for better returns on multi-target. I also think that proc on ability cast is subjectively better than auto-attack, if only because of the sense of feedback, and it gives Slam more of a reason to exist beyond "use for damage if you can't do anything better". Proc on ability cast is also more predictable, so you don't have the rarer concern of GCD overlap.
    For what it's worth, the reset on Slam use is one of the things I really do enjoy about the current Arms setup. It ends up giving at least the illusion of control over CS proccing. For example you could just spam Slam nonstop, or you could hold off until close to rage cap and just use Slam often enough to avoid capping until CS procs so you can drop the rest of your rage inside the CS window.

Of course the lack of an actual rage dump, and the RNG nature of rage generation, make that basically a pipe dream. But it was one of the things that made me see promise in the potential of Legion arms when initial changes were being unveiled, even if it never got realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    For what it's worth, the reset on Slam use is one of the things I really do enjoy about the current Arms setup. It ends up giving at least the illusion of control over CS proccing. For example you could just spam Slam nonstop, or you could hold off until close to rage cap and just use Slam often enough to avoid capping until CS procs so you can drop the rest of your rage inside the CS window.

Of course the lack of an actual rage dump, and the RNG nature of rage generation, make that basically a pipe dream. But it was one of the things that made me see promise in the potential of Legion arms when initial changes were being unveiled, even if it never got realized.
    Yeah, I really think they got rage for Arms and Fury backwards. You would think that Fury would constantly be generating and spending rage in small increments, while Arms would be building and dumping, and CS is even set up for this concept.

However, because of Rampage and Arms consistent rage spending, it really works out the other way around. It even calls things like Arms increased Rage Cap into question... what's the point of having a higher rage cap if the spec makes it virtually impossible to pool rage? Similar to the Arms/Fury contention again, it feels like Arms should be the one with a "shot of rage" button to reach that higher cap, not Fury.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

class and game design is all their is and when people get sick or dont like them they quit.did all 7 million people quit because of class design= no but millions and millions have.

class and game design is all their is and when people get sick or dont like them they quit.did all 7 million people quit because of class design= no but millions and millions have.
    There's no data to correlate that. There is data to correlate the fact that tons of users flock to the game when new expansion/patch content is released and free level boosts are offered, and then leave again after the content goes stale. Such is the life of any frequently updated game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove Slam and make Whirlwind the primary filler.