Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why would having access to it be something that you find to be unbelievable? Are you that eager to just disagree with something?
    Irrelevant to the argument, as you are well aware. What is relevant, is that one party continuously uses the article itself and not the content, as an argument, whilst not having access to that same article either, but dodging any response of that nature. -edit; or at least not having read it, because you know, he can't actually read a page per hour.

Much like todays politicians, suggesting their opposing parties have not read the [insert treaty], but never actually having read it themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    In one of the largest, most comprehensive studies on the topic, researchers found:

Source: http://news.utexas.edu/2016/04/25/ri...by-researchers
    Without access to the whole study and the data we cannot review this and figure out how data has been manipulated.

And I'm not going to shell $12 for it: http://psycnet.apa.org/?&fa=main.doi...037/fam0000191

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Irrelevant to the argument, as you are well aware. What is relevant, is that one party continuously uses the article itself and not the content, as an argument, whilst not having access to that same article either, but dodging any response of that nature.

Much like todays politicians, suggesting their opposing parties have not read the [insert treaty], but never actually having read it themselves.
    I ask you to point out the flaws you claim the study has in the paper, only to be met with large deflections. You make a lot of claims about the flaws in the paper, and yet when asked to back it up you come up with nothing.

Then, you accuse others of doing exactly what you're doing. Classic deflection. You said your parents spanked you? Elevated thinker... /guffaw I'm starting to see where this paper holds up.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why would having access to it be something that you find to be unbelievable? Are you that eager to just disagree with something?
    Because 1) he claimed to have read it in detail despite having spent nearly the entire time bitching at people here, and 2) because he has yet to show even a hint of having access to it, and certainly nothing that you couldn't find on Google, which I'm sure he either is or has already tried doing himself to back up his pathetic lie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I ask you to point out the flaws you claim the study has in the paper, only to be met with large deflections. You make a lot of claims about the flaws in the paper, and yet when asked to back it up you come up with nothing.

Then, you accuse others of doing exactly what you're doing. Classic deflection. You said your parents spanked you? Elevated thinker... /guffaw I'm starting to see where this paper holds up.
    doh muh parents spanked me n i turned out just fine hurrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Take the edge down a notch, please.
    I was using the exact same tone you were. If it wasn't obvious.

"Fuck."

- - - Updated - - -

Where in that post did I say I read it?
    By implying that you have with the very first sentence of the post.

I've said it before, I've skimmed it.
    Prove it. Quote a single paragraph that can't easily be found elsewhere. Go on. We're all waiting.

I'm sorry to say, but you're nowhere near intelligent enough to discern where I'm being ironic and where I'm not. The fact that I've got a good mix of both going on and your answers have never been to the points I've, and many others, been trying to get beyond your eyes into your brain, but rather stick to parts that you do think you comprehend, proves, for many of us, that you're not even actually part of this conversation.

You have not read it. Even if you had read it, you wouldn't have understood it. If you had understood the words individually, you wouldn't have been able to piece them together coherently, let alone critically assess whether there is any validity to the context. You have said as much yourself. Yet again and again, you deflect and deflect the points that we did make about the article.

1) He never said he read it in detail. Even your own "proof" link doesn't show him saying that. You're trying so hard that you're calling your own reading comprehension into question.
    What part of "implying" do you people just not understand. He clearly implied that he head read it. No matter how asinine people like yourself try to suggest that he didn't. Anyone who speaks the fucking language knows that's exactly what he was suggesting.

Holy fucking handgrenades, I hope you're just being "ironic" with this post, too.
    You will never know

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    By implying that you have with the very first sentence of the post.
    Sorry, asking if you read the paper is not implying that I read it. You're seeing things that aren't there. YOU made the claims, YOU back them up. When I asked if you read the paper, that was the reason. If you didn't read the paper you don't know jack shit.

As I said, I expected about as much substance out of your proof of what I said as your original posts claiming they didn't control for the factors that any psych 101 student knows to control for.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Only if you think that, "Imply" means, "I can just make up whatever I wanted him to have said."

If that's the case, then sure...it was "implied".

- - - Updated - - -
    International Man of Mystery!
    You did go all the way back and filter every single post he made in which he implies things right? Because I forgot how many times it was implied, but it was implied. Also, it's typical for you to come in at page 20, ignore the topic of the thread and start personally assaulting people. We've seen that before, haven't we?

Deleted
    So does anyone have access to the actual study, and can share it?

Or we keep talking about the recap of a recap of a recap of a recap of a recap of a recap of a recap....

Only if you think that, "Imply" means, "I can just make up whatever I wanted him to have said."

If that's the case, then sure...it was "implied".
    Wrong.

He specifically asked "have you read it?" then went on to (try to) cite what it said.

But hey, it's cool, you keep on pretending that's not what he implied. Even though he's not saying that he didn't actually read it but just "skimmed" it instead. Including a complete and utter lack of any evidence to that fact. Notice how he still hasn't done that? Yeah. Because he's full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Did you find as a child many things were traumatic to you? I know plenty of people who were spanked who just laugh about it now a days. Are you sure there is not some other underlying problem?
    No, I wouldn't say so. And I don't care about it now - like you said, people can laugh about it, and I can too. But as a kid, that wasn't the case for me, and I doubt it was the case for many others. Getting spanked isn't really something that kids laugh about at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You did go all the way back and filter every single post he made in which he implies things right? Because I forgot how many times it was implied, but it was implied. Also, it's typical for you to come in at page 20, ignore the topic of the thread and start personally assaulting people. We've seen that before, haven't we?
    It was implied? Are you sure?

Hey guys, apparently asking "Did you read it?" is the exact same thing as saying "I've read this".

Note to the unwise: Asking you to back up your statements by checking if you've read the actual article is not claiming I've read it myself.

You seem to have even forgotten that I've said it's several hundred pages and I doubted anyone here has read that much in a couple of hours. I'd assume that the obvious implication of that is that nobody in here has had time to read the whole article... myself included.

YOU guys were the one making claims that the study did not control for controls a psych 101 student knows to control for. When asked to back it up, you deflected like a politician.

Your bluff got called, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    So does anyone have access to the actual study, and can share it?
    The Batman does! He claims his school gives him full access to it! Nevermind that he doesn't and he's talking out of his ass. But rest assured, he totally has access to it and could quote an entire section of it just fine under the fair use laws.

But he hasn't.

And he won't. (Edit: Until it shows up on Google anyway.)

Because, as mentioned, he's just a pathetic little liar.
    Last edited by Stone the Crow; 2016-04-26 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got stung by a bee once. Man, that bee raised me, brought me up, cared for me for over 18 years and it stung me once. It was traumatizing and I resented the bee forever.

Are you fucking joking? Where is your backbone? Your parents spanked you ONCE? You mean they beat you the fuck up, or it didn't happen. Are you offended by real life often?
    I didn't say I resented my parents forever. I said 'for a bit'. I love my parents dearly (though one of them has passed away) and this spanking event has no bearing on my current life. But as a child, getting spanked was a traumatic event. And that is the intention of spanking. I would wager that there are very few children for which spanking is not traumatic.

And no, I'm essentially impossible to offend. Nice try, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    I like how the negative effects in this study were all childhood only. Almost as if kids that are troublesome get spanked.

What everyone is failing to mention is that the same study showed direct correlation between notspanking children and adult behavorial problems, drug abuse and anti-social attitudes.

From the actual study....

http://imgur.com/yyHXSJ2
    aaah so someone with access has already started digging into the sordid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Was it last week or something?
    I don't have the memory of a fruit fly, so I fail to see how this comment is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, I wouldn't say so. And I don't care about it now - like you said, people can laugh about it, and I can too. But as a kid, that wasn't the case for me, and I doubt it was the case for many others. Getting spanked isn't really something that kids laugh about at the time.
    Actually I laughed once when getting a spanking... that was a mistake...