Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    And as far as pushing agendas go, you can push that whenever you like, just as Bernie has done for several decades, if it's something you truly believe in. Could I weather 4 years of President Trump hoping the Democrats actually field a viable candidate then? Absolutely.
    Setting a liberal supreme court for a generation will do more to advance Bernie's agenda than 4 or 8 years of a Bernie presidency would.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

What is the establishment? People you don't like? Frankly, this whole election has been overblown by the media. The only reason it's been so sensational is due to the rise of social media.

There will always be mistrust. It's in American culture to dislike government and politicians. This has just been exacerbated by social media this election. Bernie supporters and Trump supporters are nothing new. They've always been around, but now they have more of a voice due to social media.

Quite frankly, there will always be problems, and people who will just blame the government/establishment for their own shitty situation. Wow, I can't get a job? Must be those damn establishment folks! Let's ignore that unemployment is at an all time low and has continued to drop over the last few years.

I predict a Trump/Sanders candidate from now on. A candidate that uses social media and general mistrust to fuel their agenda.

And quite frankly, we're taking a risk with Hillary. Maybe she does go back on everything she says. Look at Obama, who ran a much more liberal campaign in 2008, but who has been more center-right in policies. Is Obama a shit president now too? Please. At the end of the day, we ultimately have to go on policies. Whether or not she keeps them is the same risk Sanders supporters take. This is politics. They will lie, misconstrue the truth, promise impossible things. Sanders is no different than a regular politician (note, he is one and has been a career politician).

Sanders supporters want to blow things up regardless of the consequences, regardless of whether or not things work. There is no critical eye. They hear single-payer healthcare and they're sold, regardless of how bad a package it's sold in. They want overnight change in a country that is so divided on the issues. It will never work. It doesn't even matter at this point whether or not what Sanders wants will work/will fix our problems. His overall issue is that he doesn't understand incremental change. Compromise. These are values we should NOT be throwing away.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2016-04-26 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    Yes, he does. Cruz not endorsing Trump would be more acceptable to the GOP establishment because they hate Trump.

Bernie not endorsing Hillary is unthinkable to the Democratic establishment and they would punish him for doing so.
    That just proves my issue with party loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Setting a liberal supreme court for a generation will do more to advance Bernie's agenda than 4 or 8 years of a Bernie presidency would.
    I can just see it. The people talk about impeaching Trump after a year or so. In the meantime, he could appoint his sister and 2 others as SCOTUS justices and they would live with the consequences for up to 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's not about loyalty. It's about keeping out the disasters that are Trump/Cruz. People would be mad if it was Kasich or Bush, but less mad, since they are at least respectable human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Of course there must be party loyalty. They all have a stake in the president. A lot of them have things that they have promised their constituents that would need a democratic president to get through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post

Quite frankly, there will always be problems, and people who will just blame the government/establishment for their own shitty situation. Wow, I can't get a job? Must be those damn establishment folks! Let's ignore that unemployment is at an all time low and has continued to drop over the last few years.
    Your own life is your own responsibility. That does not mean you accept a rigged political system biased in favour of an incompetent super-rich elite.

Ordinary people did not impoverish themselves as a group. Their money was stolen from them by bankers and other corporate interests.

That's no excuse to lie down as an individual. By the same token there's no excuse NOT to stand up as a collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    The only thing remotely close to needing the Supreme Court for his agenda is overturning Citizens United. But even that's flat out false because a non-retarded Congress (and yes, I know we don't have that), could just make a law. However, Congress is much more fluid than a Supreme Court is.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Your own life is your own responsibility. That does not mean you accept a rigged political system biased in favour of an incompetent super-rich elite.

Ordinary people did not impoverish themselves as a group. Their money was stolen from them by bankers and other corporate interests.

That's no excuse to lie down as an individual. By the same token there's no excuse NOT to stand up as a collective.
    Where is your proof? The middle class has shrunk, but upper class has increased and the lower class has remained about the same. So all in all, people are BETTER off.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Where is your proof? The middle class has shrunk, but upper class has increased and the lower class has remained about the same. So all in all, people are BETTER off.
    Where are you pulling this out of? Upper class has increased what? In size, money? People are better off? Compared to what?

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing remotely close to needing the Supreme Court for his agenda is overturning Citizens United. But even that's flat out false because a non-retarded Congress (and yes, I know we don't have that), could just make a law. However, Congress is much more fluid than a Supreme Court is.
    Too bad folks don't feel the bern in midterm elections, or for local elections - or hell - even in this primary. Turnout is abysmal - apathy of Americans in full effect - as always.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

7+ Year Old Account
    Fox News Exits:
    PA Dem Can qualities 30% experience, 29% cares about people like me, 27% honest, 12% can win in November.
    60% think Clinton is honest, 76% think Sanders is honest.
    56% think Clinton better Commander and chief, 40% think Sanders
    More inspired future by Clinton than sanders 50-46
    42% think Clinton ran unfair campaign 36% think sanders ran unfair
    Top issue 43% economy, 21% income inequality, 21% healthcare, 11% terrorism
    85% are worried about economy
    27% favor fracking 65% oppose
    44% think trade takes away jobs from US 43% think trade creates jobs
    64% believe wall street hurts economy 29% thinks its helps
    54% say Clinton better on gun policy 40% think sanders better
    72% find Clinton policies realistic, 51% sanders policies realistic
    74% think Clinton will be nominee

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sanders: If Clinton Wins, She'll Have To Win Over My Supporters Herself

During a town hall with MSNBC's Chris Hayes on Monday, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) told a supporter that it's his choice whether to back Hillary Clinton if she becomes the Democratic presidential nominee.

A audience member who said he backs Sanders' candidacy asked the senator whether he will encourage his supporters to back Clinton if she wins the nomination.

"We’re not a movement where I can snap my fingers and say to you or to anybody else what you should do, that you should all listen to me. You shouldn’t. You make these decisions yourself," Sanders replied.

He then said that Clinton will have to court his supporters herself.

"And if Secretary Clinton wins, it is incumbent upon her to tell millions of people who right now do not believe in establishment politics or establishment economics, who have serious misgivings about a candidate who has received millions of dollars from Wall Street and other special interests," he said. "She has got to go out to you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fate of Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton lies solely in the results in the next hour to hour 1/2.

Tonight we will have a better idea of who might be our next president of the united states of America.

- - - Updated - - -

He also said seperately that he would do everything he can to make sure Donald Trump isn't elected.

I have a feeling he'll campaign for her, and in a lot of exit polls, many sanders supporters feel they will support Clinton in the end.

It's just online you have very very loud bernie bros screaming no, but many silent will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    It's just online you have very very loud bernie bros screaming no, but many silent will.
    The echo chamber. Some of those Bernie Bros are going tea-party level with their ignorance. Sad really.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's Clobberin' Time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary Clinton the winner of Maryland! Second biggest prize of the night!

Not too familiar with how the Supreme Court works are you? Congress cannot just pass a law, it was ruled on constitutional grounds. That means it would take an amendment or a conflicting Supreme Court ruling to get rid of Citizen's United. Other things a conservative Supreme Court could roll back? Civil rights, abortion rights, gay marriage rights, voting rights, discrimination laws, privacy rights, pretty much anything you've seen as a progressive achievement in generations. To think it is ONLY about Citizen's United is incredibly dense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    He also said seperately that he would do everything he can to make sure Donald Trump isn't elected.

I have a feeling he'll campaign for her, and in a lot of exit polls, many sanders supporters feel they will support Clinton in the end.

If Bernie did tell his followers to go with Hillary, you really think they all would? Besides that you now have a very divided group of democrats who don't agree on a lot of policies. Sure Hillary is the majority, but it doesn't mean I have to agree or even vote for her.

Why a different attitude on universal health care from 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    If Bernie did tell his followers to go with Hillary, you really think they all would? Besides that you now have a very divided group of democrats who don't agree on a lot of policies. Sure Hillary is the majority, but it doesn't mean I have to agree or even vote for her.

Why a different attitude on universal health care from 2008?
    The Affordable Care Act happened and was one of the most contentious pieces of legislation in history and we're not likely to do anything like it again soon?