Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    And I don't think 'pristine' is the answer either, but it's definitely a legit starting point. Personally I would settle for 1.5 (why 1.5? Because AV before they fucking ruined it, preserves world pvp TM v SS before BG city npc's basically destroyed world pvp forever) with some client-side upgrades. They would have to update it to DX12 etc. I heard someone mention Battlenet - lol, no-one gives a fuck about b.net. Without crossrealms b.net becomes moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    When everything was new, fresh and exciting? welp , 10 years of experience and that aint NEVER happening again. best option - lose all your memories from up to a decade again and sure, perhaps but that kind of stuff isnt gonna happen.
    nah, the nostalgia wears off after a few weeks, then you start getting into the game again, which is after all, what all of this is about.

I don't think we'll ever get vanilla or anything like that. But we could and I wish we got something like this:

- Leveling assists disabled (as mentioned in the blue post)
    - LFD, LFR, CRZ etc. disabled
    - Multiple versions of the same dungeons disabled
    - Catch-up mechanics disabled, possible catch-up dungeon items scaled to current expansion release content or just slightly above (easy enough for Blizzard to adjust item levels)

Now the real issue is that you can't exactly raid mythic content in dungeon gear. Either the very first bosses are slightly easier by design so people will slowly get gear to clear the content, or these pristine servers get a small buff against the first bosses. First bosses of any dungeon have traditionally been easier than the rest, so it might not be impossible to implement. Another option would be buff stacking, but the kind of buff stacking and farming we had back in the days doesn't really exist anymore.

We could have attunement quests that are optional on normal realms. That way the same content can be enjoyed by the people playing on normal servers. We could also have flying mounts disabled.

There's so much they could do to bring the feel of a living community back without remaking the whole game.

.. this will probably cost a raid tier. I am almost sure about this.

Also - people change. Not sure how real communities are possible in this times.
    Last edited by Mendal; 2016-04-27 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post

AS much as I want to agree with you there are already 3 major counterpoints to your argument that exist today, if they didn't exist I can't disagree but they do.

Steam, Uplay and Origins, especially Steam which has games from a lot of other countries and MMOS which are implemented in one place, it's just a financial standpoint and scared that Vanilla WILL make their latest product irrelevant cause they know why WOW has very few subs and nostralius demonstrated that.

WOW now is Diablo III with raids.
    except all those 3 groups you listed don't do anything with the game, they just sell them and allow play with other people that have the same thing, development and upkeep still rely on the devs. The current battle.net is a BACKBONE for the games on it now, blizz does everything through batttlenet client. Yeah they could have a game seperate from it but that would take even more people to work on it to do the same thing battlenet allows them to do easier.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeiPavlov View Post
    WTF is "pristine" server btw? x1 WoD/Legion server? NO, THANK YOU!

I want to play lvl60 Naxx to get my corrupted ashbringer and get an epic hunter's quest bow.
    I want to play original/legacy 2.4.3 TBC expansion to see how crappy and awful class design can be, get and USE my Thori'dal to shoot with no ammo and get my "Hand of A'dal" title. I want to see hunter's ammo.

I want to play original/legacy 3.3.5a WOLK expansion to remind myself how awful dailies can be.

How it WAS in the and of every expansion. I just want to do this OFFICIALLY. Without semi-scripted bosses, stupid underaged GMs and faulty hardware.
    Maybe you should've been good and done this years ago. Oh well.

This is a huge waste of time to discuss, and to actually follow through for Blizzard. Focus on the actual game. 99% of these people complaining either 1) just don't want to pay or 2) only are interested Bc WoD is awful.

Move on
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Maybe you should've been good and done this years ago. Oh well.

This is a huge waste of time to discuss, and to actually follow through for Blizzard. Focus on the actual game. 99% of these people complaining either 1) just don't want to pay or 2) only are interested Bc WoD is awful.

Move on
    But the actual game is awful?

Quote Originally Posted by Oranj View Post
    People think they want vanilla, but they don't really want vanilla. This is the Blizz argument, which happens to be both true and false at the same time. People want HOW THEY FELT playing vanilla, but none of that is embedded in the client or server code. It was the realm society that gave everyone the experience and none of that is unique to 1.x, which is good, because it means we can get it in 7.0, if only Blizz listen to what we want...
    I partially agree with you, yes we do want the old community feeling back, but we also want the old game system back and that includes talent trees, stats, abilities and world.

Cataclysm was refreshing at first with the world change but then it started to sink in that there's a LOT of missing content that was previously in the game and no hope for it to ever come back. Stuff like mount quests, dungeon 1.5 set quests and many more that made us feel awesome, name one quest that does that in the current version.

There's also problems with the transmogrify system it seems good on paper but there's some underlying problems, like making your gear feel like a sheet of paper with numerical values written on them. Lets use the dungeon set 1.5 as an example, you can just buy the visual representation of it from the Darkmoon Faire and attache it to any other piece of gear. Little to no association of what people did back then to get that set just here's my tokens give me the x-mog, kinda loses it's glamour, don't you think?

Cross realm platform is kind of a plague that i'v noticed being subbed to WoW and I will give this to Blizzard it is tricky to deal with. With WoW's population dwindling and there are so many realms, you're stuck in a situation of "Do we force transfer people and close down those servers or do we just open everything up and create instanced areas." Now there's a sense of disconnect in the community, you can queue all you want and there's chance of never seeing that person again, so you have no reason to be held accountable for your actions. Another problem it creates is that you don't really see anyone out in the world questing, less opportunities to group up and make friends in the game.
    In Vanilla WoW I made a lot of friends just by doing that and it kept me motivated through the leveling process and I enjoyed it, I felt like when I logged in that it would be another fun time with friends. Anymore it feels like i'm just logging in to do raids with a lot of people I hate but the population is dwindling because of many factors that, you gotta take what you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Go play another game then. Or try to help make Legion as good as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Subjective, you might think it is, i dont. Its bad but not so bad that i dont wanna play it, still enjoy the aspects of the game that i do.

Deleted
    'WOW now is Diablo III with raids.' - yea, because the guy the D3 team cut loose is now in the WoW team.

"Hey, I really liked prom 10 years ago it was so much fun. Why can't I go back? I went back with a date and now I'm in jail"

Loser of society, or Nostalrius fanboy?

Move on.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only people that dont want legacy are the garrison campers. People that dont like to be social, lets see thats 5 million or so ... yet they are the ones bitching about the state of the current game

Sad sad sad

I personally think that there shouldn't be pristine realms next to normal ones to have that option could cause alot of trouble too like friends playing on pristine and you on live and not being able to play together because you want different things or feelings of people who play on pristine realms and raid are better then raiders on live realms for whatever reasons or vice versa. i think its to much trouble for lets face it truthfully not that many people i dont count the bandwagon jumpers. there wasnt that many active people playing on that classic realm anyway I mean that petition doesnt even have 300k signs yet, thats not alot in wow numbers.
    People need to get over it mmo's change its part of them. I dont think blizzard should cater to these cry babies. If anything I hope they can just get those guys to work under them or something and get 100% control over it but let the nostalrius guys run it ofc a sub would have to be added...
    Last edited by jac9996; 2016-04-27 at 12:33 AM.

Go play another game then. Or try to help make Legion as good as possible.
    I mean, I've been playing Dota while waiting for Legion (I have Legion pre-ordered), but from what I've seen it's very much just the same stuff... If I could drop a nuke into my damn garrison and make it disappear, I'd do just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jac9996 View Post
    I personally think that there shouldn't be pristine realms next to normal ones to have that option could cause alot of trouble too like friends playing on pristine and you on live and not being able to play together because you want different things or feelings of people who play on pristine realms and raid are better then raiders on live realms for whatever reasons or vice versa. i think its to much trouble for lets face it truthfully not that many people i dont count the bandwagon jumpers. there wasnt that many active people playing on that classic realm anyway I mean that petition doesnt even have 300k signs yet, thats not alot in wow numbers.
    People need to get over it mmo's change its part of them. I dont think blizzard should cater to these cry babies. If anything I hope they can just get those guys to work under them or something and get 100% control over it but let the nostalrius guys run it ofc a sub would have to be added...
    Even if 10% of those 300K played on a realm or two, they'd be healthy realms.
    Last edited by Thes; 2016-04-27 at 12:35 AM.

I personally think that there shouldn't be pristine realms next to normal ones to have that option could cause alot of trouble too like friends playing on pristine and you on live and not being able to play together because you want different things or feelings of people who play on pristine realms and raid are better then raiders on live realms for whatever reasons or vice versa i think its to much trouble for lets face it not many active people playing on that classic realm anyway I mean that petition only has not even 300k signs thats not alot in wow numbers. People need to get over it mmo's change its part of them. I dont think blizzard should cater to these cry babies. If anything I hope they can just get those guys to work under them or something and get 100% control over it but let the nostalrius guys run it ofc a sub would have to be added...
    The whole point of a Pristine realm would be that you have a unique, seperate community.

What even

The whole point of a Pristine realm would be that you have a unique, seperate community.

What even
    If its blizzard running it though it would be connected to battle.net there is no way it would be separate if you think it would?
    Last edited by jac9996; 2016-04-27 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Lots of bullshit talk to be honest, and I'll tell you why vanilla or any other previous expansions wont ever happen
    1) They don't want to work on older patches, because it takes much more time compared to current state of the game
    2) If they actually do release something "older" it's literally them saying that their current game sucks, go play older version
    3) No $$$ to be made there with in game purchases

It's all about the money, newer expansions wont be sold cos people would be playing older patches.
    RIP WoW been fun
    "we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks."

Doesn't sound like "wont ever happen.". And I don't know if you've noticed, but their current version does suck. Tying legacy to current wow would bring people that would otherwise never touch current wow to give it a chance. It's all about the money. And legacy servers would be a money maker. And they don't need to work on old patches. The content is already created. They don't need to balance them because they would be literally copying the patches.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Pristine Servers sound good to me, except for the exclusion of "Group Finder". If that was just the LFD and LFR tools, that would be fine, but removing the LFG tool would severely damage non-guild play. Now, realize where this is coming from: I played in BC, and I built myself a reputation on my server as a solid Warlock who you could rely on to use CC in difficult dungeons like Shadow Labyrinth and Magister's Terrace. But at the end of the day, some of us just don't have the ability to commit to a fixed raid schedule or the free time to sit in trade chat for hours looking for a group anymore. Restrict the LFG tool to a single server, so you're not swimming in a pool too big for your talent to be noticed, and it would be an excellent addition to the game and the community.

I also think, that in addition to Pristine Servers, Blizzard needs to put in the effort to make Legacy content playable at Legacy levels in the Live game. If a guild wanted to cap their level at 60, they should have a playable game. Right now, Blizzard pays so little attention to this content that numerous changes to how the game works have made earlier content all but unplayable at the level they were intended. I fully believe that the changes to Talents, Game Balance, and Questing has strengthened the game, but if the Legacy content isn't also kept up to speed with those changes in mind, then it's not playable.

Just my two cents.
    I think vanilla players want the guild and playerbase reputation and to rely on that to get to do stuff back into the game.

If its blizzard running it though it would be connected to battle.net there is no way it would be seperate if you think it would?
    You brought up people on Pristine realms not being able to play with people on other realms (which is the point). Now you're bringing up Battle.net. Playing with someone and sending them a message on Battle.net are completely different things.

You brought up people on Pristine realms not being able to play with people on other realms (which is the point). Now you're bringing up Battle.net. Playing with someone and sending them a message on Battle.net are completely different things.
    Nah i meant more along the lines of not being able to play with ur friends or w/e because they are on pristine and want you to play there but you prefer live not not having the option for cross realm. Its just bringing back old problems like that aswell