Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Always a few folks in SW. Not as many as in Cata times of course but a few.
    I think you'll see Stormwind/Org booming again in Legion as Dalaran is the hub, and Dalaran is easily accessed from those cities. It'l be rather nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I think you'll see Stormwind/Org booming again in Legion as Dalaran is the hub, and Dalaran is easily accessed from those cities. It'l be rather nice.
    *Shrug* Don't care about no Humaaan city.

Priestess has taken up permanent residence in Darnassus. :P

*Shrug* Don't care about no Humaaan city.

Priestess has taken up permanent residence in Darnassus. :P
    I really do like Darnassus, would love to have that a main hub at some point, but I hear yah ^^

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This is the most retarded statement I have ever heard, he helped create wow when it was a thing, not the desert it is now, logon, I bet you dont see 3 people in stormwind.
    In Stormwind now, it's filled with people, even at off hours.

Mark Kern is not some champion of your cause though, he is a leech trying to appear relevant even though he's been removed from every project he's been on the last 10 years.

Have you seen the guys twitter? The dude's sick.

It's cool that you want legacy servers but Mark Kern is not helping you at all. Quite the opposite.

Wow. A lot of people who have no business discussing Vanilla WoW, or simply don't even care about Legacy servers in general, are voicing their irrelevant opinion in this thread.

Mark Kern is just the messenger with a personal connection to the topic of discussion: Vanilla WoW. People who are hating on him or trying to discredit him are just shooting the messenger. The guy's not asking to personally develop and maintain Legacy servers, he's just using his past association to reach the right channels. Whether or not he has a personal motive for his actions doesn't really matter, as the power to act on any of this is entirely up to Blizzard.

If you don't care whether or not Legacy servers happen, then what's it to you? How does this affect you in any way? Why are you here trying to muddy the waters? Go back to your Garrison, and leave the discussion open to those of us who are passionate about the possibility (or improbability) of this ever happening.

This is important to a lot of people, and the only chance we have (if there even is one) is to work together to bring forth logical and reasonable arguments for why Blizzard should provide this service; A service many of us would be more than happy to pay a subscription for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    In Stormwind now, it's filled with people, even at off hours.

Mark Kern is not some champion of your cause though, he is a leech trying to appear relevant even though he's been removed from every project he's been on the last 10 years.

Have you seen the guys twitter? The dude's sick.

It's cool that you want legacy servers but Mark Kern is not helping you at all. Quite the opposite.
    Kern supports them, so he is a saint martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Wow. A lot of people who have no business discussing Vanilla WoW, or simply don't even care about Legacy servers in general, are voicing their irrelevant opinion in this thread.

Mark Kern is just the messenger with a personal connection to the topic of discussion: Vanilla WoW. People who are hating on him or trying to discredit him are just shooting the messenger. The guy's not asking to personally develop and maintain Legacy servers, he's just using his past association to reach the right channels. Whether or not he has a personal motive for his actions doesn't really matter, as the power to act on any of this is entirely up to Blizzard.

If you don't care whether or not Legacy servers happen, then what's it to you? How does this affect you in any way? Why are you here trying to muddy the waters? Go back to your Garrison, and leave the discussion open to those of us who are passionate about the possibility (or improbability) of this ever happening.

This is important to a lot of people, and the only chance we have (if there even is one) is to work together to bring forth logical and reasonable arguments for why Blizzard should provide this service; A service many of us would be more than happy to pay a subscription for.
    Probably because for the bulk of the day there was nowhere you could go without hearing someone in another thread saying how ass normal wow is and how great Vanilla is and how it will save us all. It's a two way road, and no side is innocent.

Also if you want to provides arguments to Blizz on why it should be, it should be on Blizzard's forums.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-04-27 at 12:56 AM.

What made it an "epic journey" was your unfamiliarity with the game.
    I guarantee you that I can push to 60 in a week, maybe two, depending on the raw XP tuning, no problemo, because I know exactly what I am doing. .
    Sorry but unless you played for like 12+ hours a day, no way you would do it in a week lel.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Kern supports them, so he is a saint martyr.
    He is a former wow dev. He knows guys at Blizzard. He worked at Blizzard for a long time on their most famous games.

He has stepped up as a delivery boy, and that's his role in it. And we are thankful for it.

Who are you to decide what others can talk about?

If people used there brains for two sec they would see why blizzard doesn't want to do it. I personally don't give any shits if they do it or not. As long as the core game doesn't suffer cause of it then whatever.

There is many reasons given why they can't do it or won't and yet people keep bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    He is a former wow dev. He knows guys at Blizzard. He worked at Blizzard for a long time on their most famous games.

He has stepped up as a delivery boy, and that's his role in it. And we are thankful for it.
    Wasn't he also fired from blizzard.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post

Basically any port in the storm.

"hey guys, I don't like your proof, so it isn't proof."

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    I doubt that the reason people unsubbed was 100% because they cleared it on LFR then quit. Then again you must realize that people quit a game after beating it, not on normal, not on easy.. but they just got spoon fed the content because they keep drooling on the keyboard. Those people would never be interested in a game experience like Vanilla where you had to devote your first born child to rep grind for entry level raid gear. So I dont know why you would want to use that as a pro towards a vanilla server.

Surely you possess the ability to realize that there is beating the game on Very Easy and beating the game on Hardcore Mode.

Players have just gotten better and I doubt if you stuck a guild like Method in Vanilla that they would have a hard time beating Naxx.
    A few things here, I'm not going to pretend to know the experience of *all* players but from what I can see the LFR funnel pretty much keeps players in a state where they are almost always in LFR. Generally Open Raid groups aren't always fond of taking players with that kind of experience, and probably even bigger than that, LFR doesn't properly prepare people for raids. As I mentioned before, I stopped playing over a year ago but I have to imagine that "LFR guys" usually are the ones that cause you to wipe on bosses.

But let's say by some miracle you do get into that next level of raiding.... after that, again, it's not easy to advance to the heroic level of raiding. Ditto with mythic. And I'm not saying this type of gating is bad, but the game has sort of steered players into not wanting to give new players a chance. Essentially by putting so much value into convenience, players at this point see wiping on a boss once or twice as a "waste of time" and would rather leave the group then take an extra hour to really try to kill it.

Again this is just how I perceived the system to be for new players that hit max rank. I think for that reason and others it seems like these guy's don't stick around for entirely too long. Just me speculating though of course but I just can't see how this style of gaming is fun. Seems like these LFR guy's have a tough life lol.

As for Method and Naxx.... yes they probably would beat it pretty fast, but then again, do they not do this with mythic modes already? I did that mythic stuff back when it was just called heroic, there are some fights that are definitely hard, but there's a lot of things to factor in, wipe recovery alone makes things a lot easier. Lack of a need for consumables is another. Players also have cooldowns that make parts of the fight easier to do now. In vanilla you couldn't deliberately stand in "the bad" for example without dying, there was no survival cool downs for most classes. The main thing is that vanilla definitely had hard bosses, something like Twin Emps is definitely no joke. Stuff like MC was pretty easy, but AQ and Naxx were a very different story.
    Last edited by RickJamesLich; 2016-04-27 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Sorry but unless you played for like 12+ hours a day, no way you would do it in a week lel.
    I belive around 20 hours was the record but ok.

tell you what legacy can have the new team that did warlords, and we will keep the team that did MoP and now Legion

All that paper that could've been put to better use. So what if those streamers don't stream wow. That just opens the door for others that will in legion. Look at people like kungen that is just riding out this wave and profiting heavily from it. He doesn't play wow anymore. Has stated that many times and here he is pretending he gives a shit. His audience is being used. Give me a break. Just move on.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-04-27 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    "hey guys, I don't like your proof, so it isn't proof."
    That's how we got 1.1k page thread. No side accepts what other side says

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Who are you to decide what others can talk about?

If people used there brains for two sec they would see why blizzard doesn't want to do it. I personally don't give any shits if they do it or not. As long as the core game doesn't suffer cause of it then whatever.

There is many reasons given why they can't do it or won't and yet people keep bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't he also fired from blizzard.....
    No he wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I belive around 20 hours was the record but ok.
    Lol, you're serious? Show me.

Thoughts on it:
    1) False connection made that a Free server doing well would instantly mean a Paid one would. Its conjecture at best without interviewing all of those people to see if they would be interested in paying for one or not. Free is a really strong selling point when playing a game.

2) False promises. He is saying that All those players will come back. He can't be sure of that.

3) 250k is still a Very small minority of 5Million.

4) He waves those twitch steamers combined numbers as if they mean anything. It means Free publicity, and Possible subscribers. However, there is a few problems with this, such as not all of those people will care about wow and not all of them watch twitch regularly.

5) "Why not add another 1-2 million subscribers" Guy is Really sure of himself here. He has no possible way to assure of this growth.

6) What 1 fan did they change a game around? I have rarely seen them change anything unless its Huge, and usually its against the implementation of something.

In conclusion, the guy seems pretty clueless. Yes, there are some people who would enjoy it, but he is making a lot of leaps as to just how big of an impact bringing the server back would make. He sounds really sure of himself. I honestly don't think bringing them around would make as big of an impact as he thinks.

He also never addressed any of the issues people bring up. He just said how many people wanted it. Ok, that's great and all, but address the concerns. Those concerns being really big problems, such as How to keep people interested and playing the servers when there simply isn't any content being added.

Making these servers would be a huge decision. Once made, they really couldn't bring them down, even if they tank. That is why its been so heavily debated. Bringing them up means that no matter what, they will have to stick with that move and keep them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?