Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    EVE Online television show is supposedly in the works.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...line-tv-series

CCP Games is "actively working" on an EVE Online TV series

Sci-fi MMO EVE Online could be leaving the confines of your computer, with plans for a TV series moving ahead.

Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of developer CCP Games, tells WIRED that the studio is "actively working" on a serial adaptation of the popular game, in association with Ridley Scott.

"We're actually exploring that with Ridley Scott's production company and Baltasar Kormákur, an Icelandic director," Pétursson says, speaking at EVE Fanfest 2016. "We're actively working on that. I think we have some traction on it."

Plans for an EVE Online TV series first surfaced back in 2013, but development has been on the backburner as CCP focused instead on expanding the core game and experimenting with virtual reality (ultimately resulting in EVE Valkyrie). Now, plans seem to be moving forwards again.

"It's a very big idea obviously – doing a television series is something that takes years to get going," Pétursson says. "I think House of Cards took around seven years to get going."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Digi is someone that should have been banned long ago. he doxes people. Gathers thier RL info and keeps it. The whole reps for cain thing pretty much showed how paranoid and willing they are to condemn people due to RL information. iv herd stories about digi getting peoples place of employment from thier names, then engineering thier emails and facebook and address and such. Calling thier work.
    Digi hunted spies, when you have a system where spies are as potent as they are - you end up with stenography, ip tracking, trick emails with hosted images, etc etc. And you end up with someone to run it all. Shockingly the person doing that is probably not a great sort. I know he would not hesitate to go through people's facebooks, linkedins, forum footprints, online dating profiles and so on - anything public.

If he was genuinely phoning people's employers I'd like to see the source, but I doubt it. He probably found out who they were. Many email accounts were compromised by director/titan level eve account sharing back in the day - but him "hacking" them? I'm dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails View Post
    Digi hunted spies, when you have a system where spies are as potent as they are - you end up with stenography, ip tracking, trick emails with hosted images, etc etc. And you end up with someone to run it all. Shockingly the person doing that is probably not a great sort. I know he would not hesitate to go through people's facebooks, linkedins, forum footprints, online dating profiles and so on - anything public.

If he was genuinely phoning people's employers I'd like to see the source, but I doubt it. He probably found out who they were. Many email accounts were compromised by director/titan level eve account sharing back in the day - but him "hacking" them? I'm dubious.
    Alot of stuff is lost to the old kugu forums. But i know there is still screenshot evidence of him outing someone that was a lead fc of an enemy alliance. Hes threatened people with real life retaliation constantly. And the only reason he hasnt goten axed is its all done carefully out of game so that he cant be punished in game. I cant fathom why you would defend him. There is spy hunting and thier is the shit he did. A whole nother level.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4gmph1/mittani_from_early_april_vs_actual_outcomes/

nifty little piece on how out of touch with reality mittens is.

What do you mean outing?

Digi was always obnoxious, vio before him was doing the same stuff but without being creepy. As is every other alliance infosec guy. I'm not defending him, simply pointing out that he's not unique in what he does. My main complaint about digi was always his godawful posting, and complete lack of sense of reasonable behaviour. However, if you're mad that people in eve online are tracking your internet persona - then you really can't join/engage a major alliance.

oh its live! i've been bouncing belts looking for these new cap npcs, some guy lost a vindicator to a serpentis dread (i think i would need a joint after that), lots to do, isk to be made! its bear season :P

oops another customer
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-27 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I mean, none of that reads terribly different from every single "alliance x's supercap staging tower was taken and bubbled and hellcamped" in the history of eve online. Eventually the bubbles go down, and either there's a breakout op or individuals sort themselves out 10 seconds pre downtime.

Not to mention that the supers who were in those places were inactive anyway - I've not played eve in several years and even I saw the GBS posts saying everything was on fire get your shit out.

- - - Updated - - -

The more I think about it the sadder I am about how underwhelming this whole war has been from an "un-subbed" perspective. I mean sure GS is getting rolled but it's not like in Delve when we fought for days and days to the south whilst simultaneously trying to hold against IT incursions. We lost, then and we're losing now - but where are the newsworthy battles? Where is the goddamned narrative?

It's the weirdest hellpurge I've ever seen, and for all it's effectiveness at deleting sov - I can't help but think the new sov is kinda damp squib-y.

It's the weirdest hellpurge I've ever seen, and for all it's effectiveness at deleting sov - I can't help but think the new sov is kinda damp squib-y
    Before they were loosing they touted the new sov system as somthing they would be masters of and lock down. But when they started loosing, oh the sov system is shit and they didnt want the sov. They pretty much bitched out. They thought refusing us fights would make us get bored and go away, but we are enjoying camping them and burning every last structure they own oh so much while watching thier coalition crumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    oh its live! i've been bouncing belts looking for these new cap npcs, some guy lost a vindicator to a serpentis dread (i think i would need a joint after that), lots to do, isk to be made! its bear season :P

oops another customer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2o26Wh1YVg&feature=youtu.be

some alliance mates killin one of the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails View Post
    I mean, none of that reads terribly different from every single "alliance x's supercap staging tower was taken and bubbled and hellcamped" in the history of eve online. Eventually the bubbles go down, and either there's a breakout op or individuals sort themselves out 10 seconds pre downtime.

Not to mention that the supers who were in those places were inactive anyway - I've not played eve in several years and even I saw the GBS posts saying everything was on fire get your shit out.
    This is different from any other wars happened before, the timing of the war with the conjunction of capital ships rebalance putting these supers in awkward position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    This is different from any other wars happened before, the timing of the war with the conjunction of capital ships rebalance putting these supers in awkward position.
    If they log in they will die because bubbles/towers/whatever. The rest of it is really just icing on the cake. I remember old NC guys who simply stopped subbing their titans for a year or so until there was a way to get out. Most importantly PL historically has been by far the most effective at catching supers logging in pre downtime - pre these changes they were consistently excellent at having hics and dreads available to catch people.

I get the changes make supers considerably more vulnerable - but I don't think that's meaningful because the binary question tends to be "do you hold the system || are there zero hostiles and no bubbles? Log in [20 secs pre downtime] and jump out."

are there zero hostiles and no bubbles? Log in [20 secs pre downtime] and jump out."
    That mentallity is why we have some 20+ titans logged on before dt hoping someone is dumb enough to think dt is safe.

Also how about this bug riddled untested rushed patch.

besides the bugs, the patch itself is great, in terms of capital fitting and industry, its like a whole new era. lots of new stuff to be seeded. a whole world of new t2 invention.

PvE will never be the same again. I think its great that there is some npcs that require a bit of co-operation but not quite to the extent of incursion farming. gunna suck for ppl who run haven and sanctums in a battleship, dunno what the lock time is on them but i'm guessing you won't make it out in time if your sitting still when it spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    besides the bugs, the patch itself is great, in terms of capital fitting and industry, its like a whole new era. lots of new stuff to be seeded. a whole world of new t2 invention.

PvE will never be the same again. I think its great that there is some npcs that require a bit of co-operation but not quite to the extent of incursion farming. gunna suck for ppl who run haven and sanctums in a battleship, dunno what the lock time is on them but i'm guessing you won't make it out in time if your sitting still when it spawns.
    Injecting some of the new skills isnt working, bunch of stuff isnt seeded properly. The build costs of the t2 items are inconsistant or broken. DDs dont work right. Projected weapons dont work right. Still cant tether. Pretty poor patch. To much for them to handle at once as obvious. Also from a market point of view and an industrialist releasing all these new cap modules with t2 variants at the same time was very poor planning. Now you have an entire tier that will almost get entirely ignored aside from being buildin material. Items allready in game could have had t2 implemented but they should have waited about 5-7 months before adding t2 variants of the newly released capital mods.

I like the overlay and the mechanics but they were not ready for live release. They were not pollished and they were not QAed. This is pretty poor quality control from them.

yeah the overview is ghosting a lot, i actually had a full blown error crash early this morning and it wouldn't let me fire up the second client again until i closed the one that didn't crash.

I don't think there is too much issue with the tiering, the meta versions are supposed to be alternatives because there is so much variety now, cap boosters, batteries, plates etc. you can't cram that many mods on but if you go meta, you may be able to get an extra one. basically its just more choice and fitting caps is closer to what fitting regular ships is like you do what you think is best. before it was like 'this' is how you fit a cap, because there was very few viable ways.

it does seem like it wasn't q/a although i can't say I've noticed anything thats completely killed it for me, for the most part i can manage with the odd visual bug, i know they'll get around to fixing it, lets be fair and give them the benefit of the doubt, its quite a massive amount of changes and additions so there were bound to be some problems.

[quote]I don't think there is too much issue with the tiering, the meta versions are supposed to be alternatives because there is so much variety now, cap boosters, batteries, plates etc. you can't cram that many mods on but if you go meta, you may be able to get an extra one. basically its just more choice and fitting caps is closer to what fitting regular ships is like you do what you think is best. before it was like 'this' is how you fit a cap, because there was very few viable ways.
    /quote]

Tiering is fine. But t2 out the gate for capital modules that allready take a chunk to build isnt. Should have been a staggered release to stimulate the builds. Instead your going to have the supply and demand of t2 capital mods not meetin untill around the end of the year.

it does seem like it wasn't q/a although i can't say I've noticed anything thats completely killed it for me, for the most part i can manage with the odd visual bug, i know they'll get around to fixing it, lets be fair and give them the benefit of the doubt, its quite a massive amount of changes and additions so there were bound to be some problems.
    As someone supplying the new mods to alot of capital pilots its frustrating. These are mistakes a new company makes, not one thats 13 years going and this deep into a games life. And it keeps happening patch after patch.

its a choice though isn't it, any time they add new modules there is gunna be that period of scarcity, if you find the rush to build various mods frustrating you probably don't enjoy indy so much, if there were only few blueprints it would be easier to corner the market quickly, having so many varieties i think gives more ppl a chance to make some isk on investing in a new blueprint. if anything this should kick everyone into overdrive as there is large potential to make profit on these new mods.

the t2 versions, meh, they are 'better' but that is another choice do i just seed a load of t1s or do I make copies and invent t2's the t2's take more power grid or cpu usually aswell which means if you want to stack as many t2 mods as you can you'll likely end up needing ancillaries. i mean i'd like a plate and a cap booster on my ninazu but i don't think it'll fit unless i get meta versions. not with 3 remote reps and a cap transfer + 1 self repper.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-04-29 at 03:02 PM.

Hard Knocks inc. has built the first death star, as in a citadel with a doomsday device and anti-titan capabilities. It is now the most impregnable station in the entire game.

Also the CFC is pretty much in shambles. They sit in lowsec, camped in most of the time by the MBC. Stuck forming rifters/bombers/canes. Half thier coalition is gone, all of thier space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Also the Imperium is pretty much in shambles. They sit in lowsec, camped in most of the time by the CFC 2.0. Stuck forming rifters/bombers/canes. Half thier coalition is gone, all of thier space.
    Wondered when you would come back.

Fixed your post for you - MBC confirmed new CFC, with the latest version of the blue donut in the north - And no doubt you are going to tell me you arent really blue and its not permenant, but the goalposts keep moving and the blue status keeps holding and yet you hated Goons for that exact reason? the Hypocracy is real here.

Don't know about you, but pretty sure the strategy is to undock doctrines which are great fun for blapping capitals - might want to go to tell PL to stop being stupid.

MBC can stop begging Goons for a B-R 2.0 or for us to undock, because clearly the CFC 2.0 is having a ton of fun attempting to hellcamp in lowsec when goons can just sit in station and do other things.

And still harping on about how goons have no space? Its been confirmed at this moment in time we dont care about it, alot of the allies corps have been brought into GSF, there is no doubt they will end up rebuilding with time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hard Knocks inc. has built the first death star, as in a citadel with a doomsday device and anti-titan capabilities. It is now the most impregnable station in the entire game.
    Wondered when the first one would come up, be interesting to see how long before someone comes to kick that over.
    Last edited by Jaelian; 2016-06-02 at 08:07 AM.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Fixed your post for you - MBC confirmed new CFC, with the latest version of the blue donut in the north - And no doubt you are going to tell me you arent really blue and its not permenant, but the goalposts keep moving and the blue status keeps holding and yet you hated Goons for that exact reason? the Hypocracy is real here.
    Its funny to hear the new spin mittens and the brainwashed goonies try and claim. No one but the cfc thinks the MBC is cfc 2.0. The goalpost has always been cfc leadership thrown out or goons go elsewhere. But as long as goons have the same leaders they wont hold sov in the north. And we moved to saranen to keep that promise. Becuase your butthurt that cfc is getting shafted like they did to others o so much doesnt mean that we are the cfc 2.0. But please keep telling yourselfes and alliancemates that we are the 2.0 version of you and we will keep laughing as you have to fly rifters.

And still harping on about how goons have no space? Its been confirmed at this moment in time we dont care about it, alot of the allies corps have been brought into GSF, there is no doubt they will end up rebuilding with time.
    Its funny, as soon as you lost it, you stopped wanting it. If you expect everyone else to think that you dont want the sov empire you had before again thats pretty laughable. Please get on to rebuilding, but somewhere other than the north, Becuase as long as you have mittens as your leader, you wont be allowed to live in the north.

The stockholm syndrome from goonies is amazing, im sure some experts would have a field day analyzing it. Youv lost over half your coalition, all your space, half your super fleet is trapped in the north and being hunted. Admit defeat and move on. Unless you guys enjoy flying t1 ships and bombers.

Keep telling yourselfes that we are the 2.0 version of you. And we will keep laughing at how sad your coalition is now.