Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I agree they should keep their own group. I would have much preferred my Order Hall to be the Hall of Blood in Silvermoon. It's big and awesome, and in Silvermoon. How much cooler could it get.

I don't mind the Draenei working with the Humans and Dwarves, because they're not very different at all.

But the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers (especially the Sunwalkers) really don't fit in in that human basement doing human things learning human ways to be paladins.
    Vindicators and Paladins should work with each other, yes, but they shouldn't be mised. After all, both of them may believe in the same, but they have different religious institutions and I would love to see the difference in the actual Game. Mixing them together would be like saying protestants and catholics or shiites and sunnis are the same. And I would love to see how the Blood elves build their own Church or Temple of Light and making their own interpretation, as a mix of the eachings of the Church of holy Light, the Sha'tar and their own cultural worship of the sun.

And I still think, the Paladin Class Hall should be more a Alliance of the different religious Orders and call itself the Inquisition, because that's the coolest name a Paladin Class Order could ever have, with a keep somewhere on the broken Isles. I mean, come on: The Paladins are a bunch of military Orders, not priest and having your headquarter on the other Side of the world doesn't gives you a military advantage against the Legion. A Fortress or Citadel of Light would fit the Paladin Class Fantasy far better than some basement.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Vindicators and Paladins should work with each other, yes, but they shouldn't be mised. After all, both of them may believe in the same, but they have different religious institutions and I would love to see the difference in the actual Game. Mixing them together would be like saying protestants and catholics or shiites and sunnis are the same. And I would love to see how the Blood elves build their own Church or Temple of Light and making their own interpretation, as a mix of the eachings of the Church of holy Light, the Sha'tar and their own cultural worship of the sun.

And I still think, the Paladin Class Hall should be more a Alliance of the different religious Orders and call itself the Inquisition, because that's the coolest name a Paladin Class Order could ever have, with a keep somewhere on the broken Isles. I mean, come on: The Paladins are a bunch of military Orders, not priest and having your headquarter on the other Side of the world doesn't gives you a military advantage against the Legion. A Fortress or Citadel of Light would fit the Paladin Class Fantasy far better than some basement.
    Eh, I'm fine with the Blood Knights not having a required universal faith or a Church/Temple thingie, beyond the kind of thing they have going with the Hall of Blood in Silvermoon. I much prefer them as not preachy lawful good supermen mary sues.

I would also like to see more Draenei architecture in Azeroth. All they have is broken chunks of the Exodar, and I think it's about time they started actually building structures and stuff, not just being huddled in ruins.

And yes, having your stronghold be on the opposite end of the world when the main goal is to shut down the Legion's portals before tackling their armies is a very dumb idea.

But I wish the Paladins set up shop in Tyr's Hand over Light's Hope Chapel. Then at least that way there'd be the possibility that they'd have some racial buildings, like the Sunwalkers might set up a nice big tauren teepee or lodge with totems and such. And dwarves could make a cool bunker. And Draenei could have a nice draenei building. And Blood Elves could have a nice pretty marble gilded with gold and ruby color building of cool design to hang out in. And the humans would have the rest of Tyr's Hand.

Red human buildings are so much better than blue human buildings, and I wish they were used more often.

Deleted
    Thanks for this post,

It's great to see a post about this two heroes and that we continue to research and work together to find more about it.

I wonder how far does Wrathion connection goes with both Alleria & Turalyon, alongside that I also wonder how different is the aging in the Nether.

Hopefully with the upcoming few builds we'll get to see more of them, and I really do want some unique models to them.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't recall the Blood Knights in Talador saying anything like "For the Light,"

WoWPedia is unclear on the Blood Knight's faith, coming to the conclusion that it may be comprised of a combination of the two. Blood Knights who've rekindled their faith, and those who haven't, since they can channel the Light through the Sunwell either way, and thus there's no practical "need" to follow the Light's teachings.
    I suggest doing Talador again, assuming you can stomach Draenor content.

Only reason why Wowpedia is unclear unfaith at this point is people refuse to read between the lines, people will cling to what they want to see until Blizzard says it straight out. As I said do Talador again Blizzard was more than extremely blunt, even as someone who has thought the bloodknight identity changed since the end of Bc I cringe because I feel my intelligence is being insulted with how straight forward it is.

People just get hung up over the whole concept with Faith in the Light any ways.

Real talk, can you name one Bloodknight NPC who has shown to be sadistic in the Light since Fury of Sunwell? There's a reason blizzard has not expanded those ideals.

It is however mentioned not all "Bloodelves" embrace the new Sunwell clinging to the old ways. Which in my head cannon I always took as there being a house divided within the political system. It would be cool to have traditionalist, most likely the Magisters clinging to the old ways of the Arcane, and then have the Blood Knights a young order spear heading the movement to free their people from arcane dependency. It would be cool, because it would add more depth to groups like the reliquary who already have two major goals. To gather artifacts of power, and to find a way to free their people from arcane dependency, what are the two groups that we see in the Reliquary? Bloodknights and Magisters, the two goals working together but with clashing ideals. However, as I said that's just my head cannon.

Bloodelves are like the phoenix, they crash and burn. however from the ashes they are born a new, and sweep those ashes away to ascend to new heights. That's what I like about the bloodelves. People cling to the ashes, cling to what they once were.

Last point I want to make, Chi-Ji took the form of a Bloodelf for a reason during Warcrimes. Each celestial took the form of a race they filled fit them the best, Chi-Ji would not have picked Bloodelves if they did not inspire hope. With that said, as stated above not all embrace the new ways, Bloodelves, not Bloodknights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It is however mentioned not all "Bloodelves" embrace the new Sunwell clinging to the old ways.
    They are surely all embracing the Sunwell like they ever did. The Sunwell was always the heart of Quel'thalas, the lifeline of the High Elves. But I don't think that a majority of the Elves will embrace the faith of the light very fast. As far as I now the worshipping ot the Light was always a niche phenomenon, something some Elves took from the humans. It's a logical religion, I take the virtues of the Light of the Corebooks because it's the only source that's describes them proberly and the stuff the Grand Anachoret in Shattrath preached back in BC explains the same teaching in a different way, what means it's to assume that's probably still the same how Blizz imagined it back when the Corebooks were written, as it's explains just a pragmatic and reasonable way how to act effectively altruistic, but it's still a foreign concept, so I don't think many elves could embrace it. After all, they are very proud people. That's why I think that Blood Elves have to make their own teachings of the light, something that truly belongs to Quel'thalas and most elves could identify themselves with.

Bloodelves are like the phoenix, they crash and burn. however from the ashes they are born a new, and sweep those ashes away to ascend to new heights. That's what I like about the bloodelves. People cling to the ashes, cling to what they once were.
    That's why I think the Blood elves should remain Blood Elves and keep their Tabard. I don't think that the Silver Hand fits them. The Silver Hand is a part of Human culture and mythology, it is a symbol from which humans have always drawn strange to do the right thing for the greater good, even if it means personal sacrifice. Sacrifice and devotion to something that is greater than themselves should be more a theme of Human Paladins. Blood Elf Paladins should be more about bringing hope, they are not the Silver Hand, that shows the People the importance of sacrifice, but the Phoenix, a Symbol of Hope and, für the Blood Knights probably, Redemption. I think especially for a Paladin, History and Culture should be very important. That's what they learn from and from what they gain strange, Human from the example of Tyr and Blood Elves from their own History and the will they gain by it to make things better, be better for a better future. The whole Silver Hand symbol don't even fit the color schemes of the Blood elves.

The Sunwalkers and Vindicators should take their roles as mascots. They are boring and the whole Paladin Lore gains nothing through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I think the Blood elves should remain Blood Elves and keep their Tabard. I don't think that the Silver Hand fits them. The Silver Hand is a part of Human culture and mythology, it is a symbol from which humans have always drawn strange to do the right thing for the greater good, even if it means personal sacrifice.
    The Blood Elves inside the paladin class hall, including Liadrin keep their Blood Knight tabard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYubHrPOv_4

I suggest doing Talador again, assuming you can stomach Draenor content.

Only reason why Wowpedia is unclear unfaith at this point is people refuse to read between the lines, people will cling to what they want to see until Blizzard says it straight out. As I said do Talador again Blizzard was more than extremely blunt, even as someone who has thought the bloodknight identity changed since the end of Bc I cringe because I feel my intelligence is being insulted with how straight forward it is.

People just get hung up over the whole concept with Faith in the Light any ways.

Real talk, can you name one Bloodknight NPC who has shown to be sadistic in the Light since Fury of Sunwell? There's a reason blizzard has not expanded those ideals.

It is however mentioned not all "Bloodelves" embrace the new Sunwell clinging to the old ways. Which in my head cannon I always took as there being a house divided within the political system. It would be cool to have traditionalist, most likely the Magisters clinging to the old ways of the Arcane, and then have the Blood Knights a young order spear heading the movement to free their people from arcane dependency. It would be cool, because it would add more depth to groups like the reliquary who already have two major goals. To gather artifacts of power, and to find a way to free their people from arcane dependency, what are the two groups that we see in the Reliquary? Bloodknights and Magisters, the two goals working together but with clashing ideals. However, as I said that's just my head cannon.

Last point I want to make, Chi-Ji took the form of a Bloodelf for a reason during Warcrimes. Each celestial took the form of a race they filled fit them the best, Chi-Ji would not have picked Bloodelves if they did not inspire hope. With that said, as stated above not all embrace the new ways, Bloodelves, not Bloodknights.
    Yeah, I enjoyed Frostfire Ridge because it was so well done and was very excited for Talador when I was young and ignorant, lol. I hated Gorgrond because it was just more orcs and gross things, which have been shoved down our throats since Cataclysm, but I was soooo looking forward to Talador because I heard Blizzard said at Blizzcon that the Blood Knights would be getting a lot of lore in WoD. I got to the first place where they were, saw they were all there, including Astalor, and Blood Golems, and was then ordered by some Draenei to kill demons. I was incredibly disappointed when Blizzard reduced the Blood Knights' role to a supporting one to the Draenei. It was really nothing more than skeleton content. Blizzard worked hard on Frostfire Ridge, the Tanaan Jungle intro, and I assume the 6.2 Tanaan stuff, since I didn't resub for that, uninterested.

Talador reminded me so much of Eversong Woods, which is my all-time favorite leveling zone. Green grass, white-barked trees, gold and red leaves, pink sky, white mountains, etc. I loved the idea so much, and expected the Blood Knights to get some nice spotlight after so many years in the back. Then I established my outpost there, selecting "Arcane Sanctum" because "Arcane Sanctum" means this:

(Couldn't find a pic of the Talador Horde "arcane sanctum") Not the mass of logs and mud they gave us. It completely ruined the aesthetic of the zone, while the Blood Elf sanctum would have complemented it perfectly.

But I'm probably not going to level Draenor again. I'll just alternate through characters for the level boost as expansions release. I'll level my main the old fashioned way, but boost whatever other character I want to play in that xpac. Probably my mage or hunter, while my paladin levels normally.

Maybe I am just clinging to the old view of Blood Knights. I guess they're one of the few things I like about the story still, and I just don't want to see them become preachy human paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I think the Blood elves should remain Blood Elves and keep their Tabard. I don't think that the Silver Hand fits them. The Silver Hand is a part of Human culture and mythology, it is a symbol from which humans have always drawn strange to do the right thing for the greater good, even if it means personal sacrifice. Sacrifice and devotion to something that is greater than themselves should be more a theme of Human Paladins. Blood Elf Paladins should be more about bringing hope, they are not the Silver Hand, that shows the People the importance of sacrifice, but the Phoenix, a Symbol of Hope and, für the Blood Knights probably, Redemption. I think especially for a Paladin, History and Culture should be very important. That's what they learn from and from what they gain strange, Human from the example of Tyr and Blood Elves from their own History and the will they gain by it to make things better, be better for a better future. The whole Silver Hand symbol don't even fit the color schemes of the Blood elves.

The Sunwalkers and Vindicators should take their roles as mascots. They are boring and the whole Paladin Lore gains nothing through them.
    Let me rephrase what you quoted me on, now that I don't have to worry about running off to work.

Bloodelves are like the phoenix, they crash and burn. However from the ashes they are born a new. The ashes of the past are blown away and it soars to new hights in a blaze of a glory. A phoenix does not care for the ashes of the past, it is but dust in the wind.

I view the red and black color scheme and that tabard as just that, ashes. I'm not sure if Blizzard forgot about their offical art of Liadrin ripping her tabard in half, or if they just reconned it. (or if they just assumed their entire player base were complete retards who would not understand what she was if she did not have a BC logo for her class plastered on her chest...) I however felt the events of Quel'danas held more meaning with that idea. There were two things I raged about during WoD beta with Liadrin. The fact she wore that tabard, and the fact that in early builds she wore 25 man t8 instead of her T3.

I think the issue is more with the Silverhand than the Vindicators, Bloodknights, and Sunwalkers. Until more information was announced about the Paladin Class hall I always called it the "New Order of Silverhand." because I was under the assumption that it was completely reformed. However honestly... With how the events of the Sunwell went down, sacrifice is definitely something Bloodelves would also understand. After all, it was through sacrifice that the Sunwell was restored, it was through sacrifice that the Light was imbued into it.

Honestly, even as the Silverhand is on alphbeta, I see no problem with Draenei and Bloodelves, it's the Tauren who I don't feel are nearly as developed enough to even make ray of sense why they're part of the order.

I really don't see the issue with Bloodknights, at this point in time they've had almost five times as much time to make up for the horrible things they've done then the time it took them to it. Over those years they've had plenty of opportunities to more than make up the damage they've caused.

I was incredibly disappointed when Blizzard reduced the Blood Knights' role to a supporting one to the Draenei.

Maybe I am just clinging to the old view of Blood Knights. I guess they're one of the few things I like about the story still, and I just don't want to see them become preachy human paladins.
    Well, the answer they gave at Blizzcon about Blood elf paladins, they would show how they've come full circle. Talador did just that, you see they respect the Light, do not abuse it and put their lives on the lines for people who have never met them.

As I said, Bloodknights remind me way more of Vindicators than they do Human Paladins. Maybe even a happy meduim between them both, with aspects of both Human Light "Worship" And Draenei spirituality.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-04-26 at 08:07 PM.
    I AM the victim.

Well, the answer they gave at Blizzcon about Blood elf paladins, they would show how they've come full circle. Talador did just that, you see they respect the Light, do not abuse it and put their lives on the lines for people who have never met them.

As I said, Bloodknights remind me way more of Vindicators than they do Human Paladins. Maybe even a happy meduim between them both, with aspects of both Human Light "Worship" And Draenei spirituality.
    Well, no, it didn't, really. From the Blood Knight WoWPedia page:

"According to Chris Metzen, the Blood Knights' role in Warlords of Draenor was going to bring their understanding of the Light and the origin of paladins full circle from The Burning Crusade. However, this did not make it into the expansion."

They really didn't make any meaningful story progression. They were just there, pretty much. When you mention it at Blizzcon, you have to do more to show it than a few scattered text emotes from random no-name Blood Knight NPCs that people might not even catch if they're not there at the right time.

The only story advancement I saw besides the fact that they've adapted Blood Golem technology and the fact that they're standing around next to Draenei while Draenei order you to kill demons, was the part where Blizzard cut everything meaningful except for where they depicted the Blood Elves as impulsive, foolish, inexperienced, and careless with magic by having Kaelynara "go mad" when she tried to absorb some power, and she ended up killing a lot of people, giving the Azerothian Draenei (who were spreading discord and suspicion among the Draenor Draenei by badmouthing the Blood Elves saying they were untrustworthy, despite the fact that they were there solely to help them) a "Seeeeee? I toooooold yoooooou~" moment. Because Blood Elves can't look good at anything. They always have to be depicted as inferior, dependent, or otherwise lesser than the humans/Kirin Tor, because we're supposed to believe that 1 30-year old human mage > 5 master Blood Elven archmagi hundreds or thousands of years old.

The only reason I can see for that is that Blizzard wanted to leave nobody in any doubt that the humans are superior to the Blood Elves in every way, as if us watching Khadgar be the mary sue arcane superman of the expansion from the beginning wasn't enough.

Always shoving the Blood Elves into the mud to make the humans look better by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    "rising my hand like a lawyer"
    then who you proclaim to be the strongest
    khadgar...medivh...meryl felstorm...a plethora of other unnamed mages
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Honestly, even as the Silverhand is on alphbeta, I see no problem with Draenei and Bloodelves, it's the Tauren who I don't feel are nearly as developed enough to even make ray of sense why they're part of the order.

I really don't see the issue with Bloodknights, at this point in time they've had almost five times as much time to make up for the horrible things they've done then the time it took them to it. Over those years they've had plenty of opportunities to more than make up the damage they've caused.

You don't see the Problem, because you play a Blood Elf Paladin. But as a Human Paladin, it is again something that is taken from the Humans to turn it neutral and for everyone. The Silver Hand is something that is supposed to be an Alliance Thing, a Dwarf and Human, a Church of the holy Light Thing. The silver Hand was never dead, since Classic, 60 Level before Tirion calls himself a Highlord, we were appointed Knights of the Silver Hand. I think the silver Hand is supposed to be Alliance and I hate it that Blizzard takes always the Alliance-stuff to make it Neutral. Even Thrall, probably the only important Horde Hero that turned Neutral at some point, came back to the Horde. In RP it will be a Punch in the Face to see Blood Elfs with Silver Hand Tabard: My Character won't believe that he's supposed to share his Tabard, the noble and heroic Silver Hand, with the Blood Knights, fel-corrupted Beings who defiled the sacred Alonsus Chapel, Uthers Tomb and a being of pure Light just a years ago in a childish Crusade against the holy Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no, it didn't, really. From the Blood Knight WoWPedia page:

"According to Chris Metzen, the Blood Knights' role in Warlords of Draenor was going to bring their understanding of the Light and the origin of paladins full circle from The Burning Crusade. However,this did not make it into the expansion."
    That second part has zero citation.

You don't see the Problem, because you play a Blood Elf Paladin. But as a Human Paladin, it is again something that is taken from the Humans to turn it neutral and for everyone. The Silver Hand is something that is supposed to be an Alliance Thing, a Dwarf and Human, a Church of the holy Light Thing. The silver Hand was never dead, since Classic, 60 Level before Tirion calls himself a Highlord, we were appointed Knights of the Silver Hand. I think the silver Hand is supposed to be Alliance and I hate it that Blizzard takes always the Alliance-stuff to make it Neutral. Even Thrall, probably the only important Horde Hero that turned Neutral at some point, came back to the Horde. In RP it will be a Punch in the Face to see Blood Elfs with Silver Hand Tabard: My Character won't believe that he's supposed to share his Tabard, the noble and heroic Silver Hand, with the Blood Knights, fel-corrupted Beings who defiled the sacred Alonsus Chapel, Uthers Tomb and a being of pure Light just a years ago in a childish Crusade against the holy Light.
    Nice to have you back M-ra, I thought for a moment I was talking to some one more reasonable.
    I AM the victim.

I really don't think human fans have anything to complain about. At least it's their clubhouse.

If your character feels that way, he'd probably be more at home in the Scarlet Crusade.

And if he feels that way, then I suppose he starts fights with fel-corrupted humans (warlocks), Death Knights, Demon Hunters, and even rogues because they're dirty and underhanded?

Blood Elves are only called "fel-corrupted" because minor fel corruption is a very visual thing that affects their appearance greatly. In the cases of humans, it takes an awful lot to change what they look like.

- - - Updated - - -

That second part has zero citation.
    I think it's obvious that it didn't make it in. Did you see any great awakening or big moment where the Blood Knights learned what being a paladin is all about? No, a few just say something like "for the Light" while fighting next to some Draenei.

If they are going to call a tiny little blip of a text bubble floating over no-name NPC's heads delivering on what they say, then they really don't have to make much effort to do anything they say at Blizzcon. Like Alleria and Turalyon coming back. They could just have a random no-name NPC have a text bubble over their head saying "Alleria and Turalyon totally came back and helped beat the Legion."

Nobody would accept that as Blizzard delivering on what they told them at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's obvious that it didn't make it in. Did you see any great awakening or big moment where the Blood Knights learned what being a paladin is all about? No, a few just say something like "for the Light" while fighting next to some Draenei.

If they are going to call a tiny little blip of a text bubble floating over no-name NPC's heads delivering on what they say, then they really don't have to make much effort to do anything they say at Blizzcon. Like Alleria and Turalyon coming back. They could just have a random no-name NPC have a text bubble over their head saying "Alleria and Turalyon totally came back and helped beat the Legion."

Nobody would accept that as what Blizzard told them at Blizzcon.
    I think it's obvious if you payed attention you can see how they've come full circle and found out what it means to be Paladins.
    I AM the victim.

We now have class halls and people are worried that their club houses are no longer cool
    (semi Just kidding)

I understand the importance of differentiating between Faction and Race specific group rolls but I don't know if this is the expansion that will continue to do that.

I'd love to see individual reps, function or purpose that are only available to certain races or factions or even classes and or levels but I don't think WoW is going the direction to do that.

Its a shame because it could go back to making wow characters personal to the character (and individual lore) instead of "everyone can be a part of everything because we need them to save Azeroth now!"

I want my own adventure and I want it now!
    Last edited by Raine2099; 2016-04-27 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    My Classic Silver Hand Paladin is a Scarlet Crusade because he doesn't forgives the Blood Knights so easily that they defiled important holy sanctums in Lordaeron and fight alongside the Forsaken as members of the Horde?

I don't like it that it's always something that belongs to the Alliance that is made neutral. Why not the Frostwolf Clan or the Bood Knights going neutral? In the end, everyone has their own Paladin Order, only the Humans have to share theirs with everyone.

Why not something like the Blood Elfs start to share the Sunwell with every race that can have Mages, Paladins or Priest?

My Classic Silver Hand Paladin is a Scarlet Crusade because he doesn't forgives the Blood Knights so easily that they defiled important holy sanctums in Lordaeron and fight alongside the Forsaken as members of the Horde?

I don't like it that it's always something that belongs to the Alliance that is made neutral. Why not the Frostwolf Clan or the Bood Knights going neutral? In the end, everyone has their own Paladin Order, only the Humans have to share theirs with everyone.

Why not something like the Blood Elfs start to share the Sunwell with every race that can have Mages, Paladins or Priest?
    Because every time something horde goes neutral people who are super pro alliance like yourself go "Why do we need to go help this horde character?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because every time something horde goes neutral people who are super pro alliance like yourself go "Why do we need to go help this horde character?"
    When was the last time something Horde went neutral? The only Faction that is kinda more Hordelike is the Earthen Ring and for them, no important Horde Character or Faction is permanently taken away from the Horde.

When was the last time something Horde went neutral? The only Faction that is kinda more Hordelike is the Earthen Ring and for them, no important Horde Character or Faction is permanently taken away from the Horde.
    How about the most important thing to the horde. More important than a group of Paladins.

Thrall himself.

Since end of Wrath, he's been more neutral than Jaina ever was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your classic Silver Hand paladin isn't Blizzard's Classic Silver Hand Paladin.