Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    The current servers will continue.
    keep drinking the kool aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    keep drinking the kool aid
    Not drinking koolaid.

Sure you are. You don't even consider the possibility that having multiple versions of the same game splits the community. You think current servers will be completely unaffected by this, despite the fact that one player can't be playing both on a Live server and a Legacy at the same time. If someone is dedicating themselves to playing Legacy, that's one less person populating Live, making the already-dying live servers even more empty.

So no, current servers wouldn't continue, they would be split by the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    As I've said on Reddit: This is absolutely stupid. No one should give a shit about Mark Kern.

A massive waste of paper, too.
    oh my god

he's the bus guy

Deleted
    They're splitting their own resources to maintain multiple versions of the same game. That means double the overhead without necessarily doubling their profits. So sure current servers will continue, but their backpeddling would require them to support and maintain a legacy system that has very low potential for future growth and profit. It's investing money into a second Titanic when their first is already headed straight for the iceberg.
    Don't split resources. Get new ones.

Sure you are. You don't even consider the possibility that having multiple versions of the same game splits the community. You think current servers will be completely unaffected by this, despite the fact that one player can't be playing both on a Live server and a Legacy at the same time. If someone is dedicating themselves to playing Legacy, that's one less person populating Live, making the already-dying live servers even more empty.

Interesting. Insinuating that people would be more interested in Vanilla than Legion?

Because that would be hilarious and shareholder PR disaster.

Hahaha, that bus story is hilarious!

If anything should be on the frontpage, it's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Interesting. Insinuating that people would be more interested in Vanilla than Legion?

Because that would be hilarious and shareholder PR disaster.
    No. They are saying that the game is already dying. Taking any population away from the live servers only hurts the game. Will the legacy be more popular? Not a chance. But if some servers already feel empty and even a small percentage choose to play legacy more then the live server ends up in an even worse spot.

open world pvp vs dungeon crawler , ghostcrawler won it in 2009 at the cost of losing millions of subscribers.
    it has been 7 years, how difficult it is to admit that blizzard management are a bunch of failtards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    No. They are saying that the game is already dying. Taking any population away from the live servers only hurts the game. Will the legacy be more popular? Not a chance. But if some servers already feel empty and even a small percentage choose to play legacy more then the live server ends up in an even worse spot.
    Cross-realms will save you, don't worry.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ns View Post
    Because hiring 5 new people to manage the legacy stuff will hurt current content? If they price it right they will make a ton of money of legacy servers, so investing for it is not a bad idea.

Its not like you are getting any content on live servers as it is now anyway.
    This is my thoughts on the matter. A small team to try to manage bugs and progression, with access to the old logs, data, and people who worked on the stuff should be enough. They can just treat it like the Hearthstone team was originally.

Hell, they need to do that sort of thing more often. I'd love to see up-to-date versions of old Blizzard games running off of Battle.net, or even better, a full graphical update for them. Small teams for ambitious but clearly 'side' projects makes sense.

Deleted
    You would think someone this familiar with blizz and wow would use at least one different argument then all the stuff everybody online says.

Waste of paper for the same 1000 people signing the petition over and over.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Cross-realms will save you, don't worry.
    Actually, I'll be fine, my server is still high-pop, even now. Then again, I'm guessing you're one of those people who think CRZ somehow ruined the game. That's the way it comes off at least, you seem bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Don't split resources. Get new ones.
    Two things:
    One: resources aren't infinite; and
    Two: acquiring new resources takes time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    You would think someone this familiar with blizz and wow would use at least one different argument then all the stuff everybody online says.
    He's not really 'familiar' with it at all anymore. He hasn't worked on WoW for years. In fact, I don't think the modern version Battle.net even existed when he worked on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    So after reading through the pages...

Mark Kern apparently is someone with a questionable past, a vulgar temper, and unskilled at the work he used to do, and is now trying to make this 'Vanilla servers' hype/outrage all about him, him, him like he's trying to become a new Anita Sarkeesian. Inb4 he starts a kickstarter project for one thing or another.
    this, something seems super shady about him popping up in this entire thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    ... Are you really insinuating that you never, ever thought possible that some people actually do prefer vanilla over retail, whatever their reasons may be?

Deleted

So? It would only mean that current game is desingned with bad vision. Sorry mate but i am not here to just fill your server so you can feel that you play with other players. Also there is no community in WoW since WOTLK. Blizzard make sure to destroy it with all that covinience bull*** crap like LFG and LFR. If legacy server would pull players from retail then Blizzard should maybe reconsider WoW development.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'll be fine, my server is still high-pop, even now. Then again, I'm guessing you're one of those people who think CRZ somehow ruined the game. That's the way it comes off at least, you seem bitter.
    Yep becouse realmhopping totaly isnt issue what Blizzard completly ignores.

Deleted
    He's not really 'familiar' with it at all anymore. He hasn't worked on WoW for years. In fact, I don't think the modern version Battle.net even existed when he worked on the game.
    That's still more then any of us have, i kinda feel he should know better then to just say "14m viewers! 200k signatures! millions would come back!" without offering something to substantiate that, waste of the leverage he seems to think he has.