Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Sadly my dear local city of Chicago has a stupidly high amount of poverty and gang violence. Guns are sold en masse in certain neighborhoods in the south and west side.

The main parts of the city though, are pretty damned safe.
    lol give it time. Chicago is like a giant ass tree thats dying. You cant see it but on the ends of some branches but in a while it will be obvious.

Do you have any clue how fucking broke Chicago is? Its gonna be worse than Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    Why so many killings in Chicago?
    It's not an easy answer, since Chicago has always been the Murder capital of America, even when the city was mostly white.

The simple truth, Chicago has all the worst possible things collected in one place.

List of factors:
    The city is not large, so it is densely populated.
    Weather:
    -Winters are much colder and wetter then other areas.
    -Summers are hot and muggy.
    -Lots of rain, and wind
    Income disparity
    -Large population of very wealthy people live just outside of Chicago, the center of the city is also controlled by the wealthy and powerful, everything else is dirt poor.
    -because of the wealthy population, prices on land and essential items are higher than other areas.
    Old infrastructure:
    -Most people live in building made 40 or more years ago, the pipes used lead until the 70's, most older homes are painted in lead.
    -Lot's of lead in the enviroment, makes people slightly paranoid, and aggressive.
    Legal system encourages crime:
    -Chicago's law enforcement and legal system has over 100 years of systematically pushing poor people into criminal gangs for protection from the not too shy about being the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in America.
    -Cops kill, and arrest poor people regularly and pin crimes on innocent people regularly. The cops in Chicago have been like this for over 100 years.
    -Judges, and the legal system have outlawed everything so it is easy to arrest innocent people for things that are not crimes in other places.
    10 min drive to Indiana, which has no/minimal gun restrictions.
    -Although the gun laws in Chicago are just designed to put people in jail, Indiana is a short drive away, and the border community makes lots of money selling things to Chicago citizens that are illegal in Chicago. Fireworks, guns, even some over the counter medicines.

Put all of these things together and you have a city designed to be a hellscape of crime and violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    It's not an easy answer, since Chicago has always been the Murder capital of America, even when the city was mostly white.

The simple truth, Chicago has all the worst possible things collected in one place.

List of factors:
    The city is not large, so it is densely populated.
    Weather:
    -Winters are much colder and wetter then other areas.
    -Summers are hot and muggy.
    -Lots of rain, and wind
    Income disparity
    -Large population of very wealthy people live just outside of Chicago, the center of the city is also controlled by the wealthy and powerful, everything else is dirt poor.
    -because of the wealthy population, prices on land and essential items are higher than other areas.
    Old infrastructure:
    -Most people live in building made 40 or more years ago, the pipes used lead until the 70's, most older homes are painted in lead.
    -Lot's of lead in the enviroment, makes people slightly paranoid, and aggressive.
    Legal system encourages crime:
    -Chicago's law enforcement and legal system has over 100 years of systematically pushing poor people into criminal gangs for protection from the not too shy about being the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in America.
    -Cops kill, and arrest poor people regularly and pin crimes on innocent people regularly. The cops in Chicago have been like this for over 100 years.
    -Judges, and the legal system have outlawed everything so it is easy to arrest innocent people for things that are not crimes in other places.
    10 min drive to Indiana, which has no/minimal gun restrictions.
    -Although the gun laws in Chicago are just designed to put people in jail, Indiana is a short drive away, and the border community makes lots of money selling things to Chicago citizens that are illegal in Chicago. Fireworks, guns, even some over the counter medicines.

Put all of these things together and you have a city designed to be a hellscape of crime and violence.

Yup. I wouldnt argue with 90% or more of that. Pretty true

Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    It's the most diverse mega city in the US. The split between white, black, Latino is almost identical almost 1/3 of each group.

Elaborate on your point.
    Yet the areas that are mostly black account for the majority of the crime.

I know, it's shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The result of the war on drugs. Legalize every thing.
    Yeah, make drugs legal that will solve every thing. People laying around doing hard core drugs instead of working will make the city a better place. You should run for mayor

Banned for trolling because I started this thread that has actually gotten people talking about a major concern for the community in Chicago????

Seriously one particular global mod needs to get his shit together and stop being such a petty child chucking his toys when he's called out. Don't you live in chi town bruh? Shouldn't this actually matter to you. Ban incoming no doubt for asking that question. Lol fucking pathetic see you in a few weeks/months lads

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post

I know, it's shocking.
    I think the poorer areas have higher crime. The poorer areas aren't secular.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Anybody who thinks the Founding Fathers did not intend for citizens to own guns has absolutely no clue what they are speaking of.
    The intent of the founding fathers in the 2nd amendment was very straightforward, in that well regulated militias (well stocked armories with munitions and arms funded by the city, state, or wealthy landowners, in conjunction with regular training to ensure combat readiness) shall not be infringed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The intent of the founding fathers in the 2nd amendment was very straightforward, in that well regulated militias (well stocked armories with munitions and arms funded by the city, state, or wealthy landowners, in conjunction with regular training to ensure combat readiness) shall not be infringed.
    Except that is not how the legal authorities have agreed all it is. Sucks I know for those who disagree with the SCOTUS ruling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Except that is not how the legal authorities have agreed all it is. Sucks I know for those who disagree with the SCOTUS ruling.
    Oh so now you are leaning on liberal legal scholars who consider the constitution a living document?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so now you are leaning on liberal legal scholars who consider the constitution a living document?
    I am leaning on the only legal ruling which allows me to exercise one of my rights. You are leaning on a opinion which has no bearing for me to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    People only care about cops killing black people, not black people killing each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am leaning on the only legal ruling which allows me to exercise one of my rights. You are leaning on a opinion which has no bearing for me to do that.
    Shows how much respect you have towards our FF true intent.

You can not debate with someone who is being willfully ignorant just for the sake of trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post

I know, it's shocking.
    And what the Liberals refuse to see is that it is their own policies that keep these poor areas in Chicago and Detroit so crime ridden and poor. They have been Demcrat controlled for decades, and every year they sink further and further down

Deleted
    you have a gun problem, thats there is your answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You can not debate with someone who is being willfully ignorant just for the sake of trolling.
    I am not trolling, it's the true intent of what the founders were saying. You can't ignore historical context and the first segment of the amendment because you don't like what it says.

Gun control does work but much harsher penalties for possession of an illegal firearm needs to happen also.

If you're caught with an illegal/unregistered/crime linked gun then it's 20 years in prison for you no questions asked.

I am not trolling, it's the true intent of what the founders were saying. You can't ignore historical context and the first segment of the amendment because you don't like what it says.
    It has been thoroughly explained to you by many people, citing constitutional scholars and SCOTUS. You refuse to believe it because YOU think you now otherwise. You are trolling when you constantly ignore what has been shown to you over and over and over again. BAck to ignore with you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    It has been thoroughly explained to you by many people, citing constitutional scholars and SCOTUS. You refuse to believe it because YOU think you now otherwise. You are trolling when you constantly ignore what has been shown to you over and over and over again. BAck to ignore with you
    It would be refuted if well regulated militia came AFTER right to bear arms, but unfortunately for people like yourself, you will always have the founders' true intent wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why have laws at all then? It definite wont stop them when in the next state they get them legally. Think.
    Laws work on law abiding citizens. However they do not work in this situation because the main issue with gun violence in Chicago is gang related and they aren't exactly going to the local gun shop to get their wares.

Don't get me wrong I think a balance between upholding the 2A and regulation is possible and appropriate but in this situation it will do fuck all. You're better off legalizing drugs so they no longer have the capital to afford said guns.

But that will not fix everything. There needs to be an influx of jobs in Chicago to reduce the need for people to steal and kill to survive.

It would be refuted if well regulated militia came AFTER right to bear arms, but unfortunately for people like yourself, you will always have the founders' true intent wrong.
    You are a joke. As I said it has been shown to you over and over and over again. Even from the FF own writings and words on the matter. Every citizen is the Militia. Nuff said.. Just because you don't like does not change it. Now you are just embarrassing your self

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Laws work on law abiding citizens. However they do not work in this situation because the main issue with gun violence in Chicago is gang related and they aren't exactly going to the local gun shop to get their wares.

Don't get me wrong I think a balance between upholding the 2A and regulation is possible and appropriate but in this situation it will do fuck all. You're better off legalizing drugs so they no longer have the capital to afford said guns.

But that will not fix everything. There needs to be an influx of jobs in Chicago to reduce the need for people to steal and kill to survive.
    Jobs will not stop these thugs from gang banging or dealing drugs. Jobs will not get these multi-generational welfare queens to get off government support. Why work when you can get free stuff?