Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    They don't have to if they want people to keep asking for legacy servers.

Until then let's go ahead and stop assuming that they have done research just for the sake of argument. They haven't had a reason to do any sort of research, they have expansions coming out. They aren't at that point yet.
    Even if they disclose such data, I can clearly see people who will say that it's all BS and made-up numbers

P.S. Companies continuously and always research the market to maximise their profits, there's ALWAYS a need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Even if they disclose such data, I can clearly see people who will say that it's all BS and made-up numbers

P.S. Companies continuously and always research the market to maximise their profits, there's ALWAYS a need to do so.
    Until you know they have done any sort of extensive research, don't argue as if Blizzard actually knows. Idk what Blizzard has done to make people think they're competent in these sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

I still think its less about the money and more to do with not wanting to mess with it. I think that is why they brought up officially licensing the game to other people. I really think they don't want to fool with, and that would have been a perfect deal for them. Apparently though there is no legal way to do that and protect their IP.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Right there with you brah. I was around since warcraft 2 though. Played Rock n Roll racing before that though and I don't know how many people know this but back in those times, blizzard has a reputation for being *the* computer gaming company. Sounds funny now but back then a lot of people didn't own computers, but when they'd go to a friends house and see games, especially the ones made by blizzard, they'd want to go home and get a computer themselves.

Back then they had a reputation for being a company that would settle for nothing less then perfection and *all* of their games had amazing replay value. For example, people were playing Starcraft competitively 15 years after it was released. They were a company by gamers and for gamers. None of this "you think you do but you really don't want this" stuff lol.

The people who think "oh it's just nostalgia, people won't really like the game and will get bored" have no clue. We already played the game again on Nostalrius and it was WAY more fun then retail. Fun to an extent that I don't even think retail players can comprehend, frankly.
    Absolutely. I think it comes down to this: the quality of every accomplishment is really high in legacy MMO's. Retail WoW has a very high quantity of accomplishment, but it has less value*. Not saying one is better than the other, just that it's pretty cool to play in an environment where every accomplishment is meaningful and fun because it didn't come easily.

*Except for Mythic raiding. This is top-notch on Retail, and falls under the "meaningful and fun because it didn't come easily" paradigm.

Until you know they have done any sort of extensive research, don't argue as if Blizzard actually knows. Idk what Blizzard has done to make people think they're competent in these sorts of things.
    The fact that they're a 4.7 billion net revenue company? One of the highest in the gaming industry? That sort of thing.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The fact that they're a 4.7 billion net revenue company? One of the highest in the gaming industry? That sort of thing.
    A lot of companies have high revenue. Do you think if I came up with Hearthstone, exactly as it is, it would become popular? Even with decent marketing?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-04-27 at 03:51 AM.

A lot of companies have high revenue. Do you think if I came up with Hearthstone, exactly as it is, it would become popular? Even with decent marketing?
    That you think Blizzard is incompetent and haven't done any homework or research is lolworthy, despite J. Allen Brack already saying that they have discussed it extensively. They wouldn't have gotten to the point they are now if they just threw up ideas willy nilly.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    That you think Blizzard is incompetent and haven't done any homework or research is lolworthy, despite J. Allen Brack already saying that they have discussed it extensively. They wouldn't have gotten to the point they are now if they just threw up ideas willy nilly.
    It's part of their grand delusion. Blizzard HAS to be incompetent in their fantasy. Blizzard has said no repeatedly. If they are incompetent, then they could be wrong.

Anybody with any sense knows they're not incompetent. (but we're not the ones with the delusion to keep afloat)

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    It's part of their grand delusion. Blizzard HAS to be incompetent in their fantasy. Blizzard has said no repeatedly. If they are incompetent, then they could be wrong.

Anybody with any sense knows they're not incompetent. (but we're not the ones with the delusion to keep afloat)
    Oh really? That's why WoW has had maybe a year of actual balance in its lifetime? They can't even pace raid tiers appropriately. The art department being solid doesn't mean every department is. WoW has been coasting on past success since mid-Wrath.
    Thread 1: QQ WoD sucks blablabla. Thread 2: Bliz is competent, wtf are you talking about?
    W/e fits your argument.

And how is the one not using information they don't have as an argument, just assuming that it exists, the delusional one? Notice Bliz never said anything about cost in their response to this?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-04-27 at 04:34 AM.

Oh really? That's why WoW has had maybe a year of actual balance in its lifetime? They can't even pace raid tiers appropriately. The art department being solid doesn't mean the whole company is.

And how is the one not using information they don't have as an argument, just assuming that it exists, the delusional one? Notice Bliz never said anything about cost in their response to this?
    "can't pace raid tiers correctly"
    vs
    "working on next expansion"
    HM > BRF > HFC was well paced.

I mean, I don't care either way, because I usually quit/go casual after I've completed the content I set out to complete but yeah. I don't expect them to release a new raid while preparing for the other expansion. I think it gives people who haven't completed it at it's highest difficulty to do so. You killed M Archi? cool. Go play something else till the next expac comes out, or whatever.

Well paced for mythic guilds maybe. Casual guilds are barely into heroic by the time the next raid comes.

Why do people say in one breath "OMG, Blizzard sucks!" and then ask that very same company make a vanilla server? If I thought somebody sucked at something, the last thing I'd do is ask them to do that very thing for me.

Besides, Blizzard is busy. In case you haven't noticed, they're making an expansion pack right now. Anybody not working on Legion is probably on to next one already. I seriously doubt they have people sitting at their desks twiddling their thumbs just in case some fan request comes in.

Well paced for mythic guilds maybe. Casual guilds are barely into heroic by the time the next raid comes.
    So should content be out long enough for those casual groups to fully clear mythic too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    So should content be out long enough for those casual groups to fully clear mythic too?
    There should be no catch up mechanics so ths casual guilds can continue progressing until they are done and ready for the next raid.

Deleted
    Why do people say in one breath "OMG, Blizzard sucks!" and then ask that very same company make a vanilla server? If I thought somebody sucked at something, the last thing I'd do is ask them to do that very thing for me.

Besides, Blizzard is busy. In case you haven't noticed, they're making an expansion pack right now. Anybody not working on Legion is probably on to next one already. I seriously doubt they have people sitting at their desks twiddling their thumbs just in case some fan request comes in.
    So they should ignore requests from fans? Or are the requests from only certain fans, people that already enjoy the retail version of the game, important?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    There should be no catch up mechanics so ths casual guilds can continue progressing until they are done and ready for the next raid.
    You know they can still continue running the previous tier before moving onto the next

1100 (1116)? Did a bunch of people get laid off on Monday? Is it Worldwide Sockpuppet Day? What is going on?

You people do realize that if your dreams are fulfilled, you will be transported back in time to when WoW was shitty, except that you will know the future when WoW is actually better, and you will never experience that future. Because clams don't stack, and pretty much everything else that was full-on asshattery about the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    So they should ignore requests from fans? Or are the requests from only certain fans, people that already enjoy the retail version of the game, important?
    No, they obviously shouldn't ignore fans. My point was they can hardly be expected to just drop everything from their schedule to develop a vanilla server system that may or may not be successful. Besides, they haven't ignored requests. They fulfill the ones they feel like doing and they say no to the rest. In some cases its seems like they just have to keep saying no and no and no and NO, NO, NO because some part of the customer base seems to have selective deafness.
    Last edited by Camthur; 2016-04-27 at 05:57 AM.

Oh really? That's why WoW has had maybe a year of actual balance in its lifetime? They can't even pace raid tiers appropriately. The art department being solid doesn't mean every department is. WoW has been coasting on past success since mid-Wrath.
    Thread 1: QQ WoD sucks blablabla. Thread 2: Bliz is competent, wtf are you talking about?
    W/e fits your argument.

To be fair blitz had 3 WoW teams, team 1 was the main one that went to titan then overwatch, team 2 did mop last and now legion next, the shitty new hires are team 3 and they did wod. Personally cata and mop weren't that bad overall to me.

Like I posted on another thread I forget which, it would be easier for blitz to start from scratch for a vanilla server instead of trying to patch it into the new system, but regardless it's going to take them quite a while.

Deleted
    No, they obviously shouldn't ignore fans. My point was they can hardly be expected to just drop everything from their schedule to develop a vanilla server system that may or may not be successful. Besides, they haven't ignored requests. They fulfill the ones they feel like doing and they say no to the rest. In some cases its seems like they just have to keep saying no and no and no and NO, NO, NO because some part of the customer base seems to have selective deafness.
    If it was only a handful of fans asking for legacy servers then there would not have been this uproar we see now. So maybe Blizzard should really think about it hard instead of continuing to say NO, NO, NO.

And nobody (in their right minds) suggest Blizzard drop everything and focus solely on legacy servers. Retail and future expansions are the most important, but surely they can make a slow start on legacy?