Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    There is no way he could, the strongest Titan crushed the strongest old god like a mosquito, and then Sarg killed the Strongest titan and all his bros with a felstorm by himself.
    The titans were weak against fel energy but what would happen to the old gods? Would they take damage, be immune to it, or absorb it and get stronger? It's like using kryptonite to fight Superman then Shazam. Superman might be weakened but Shazam would simply ignore it.

Also did the old gods get weaker during their imprisonment or stronger? They might have been absorbing energy from the Well of Eternity since the Sundering.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The titans were weak against fel energy but what would happen to the old gods? Would they take damage, be immune to it, or absorb it and get stronger? It's like using kryptonite to fight Superman then Shazam. Superman might be weakened but Shazam would simply ignore it.

Also did the old gods get weaker during their imprisonment or stronger? They might have been absorbing energy from the Well of Eternity since the Sundering.
    This is complete and absolute bullshit.

Sargeras could literally destroy any Old God by simply punching them because he is the size of a planet. And the rest is baseless fan-fiction

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    This is complete and absolute bullshit.

Sargeras could literally destroy any Old God by simply punching them because he is the size of a planet. And the rest is baseless fan-fiction
    How so? If he could destroy them so easily then he wouldn't need to destroy planets and kill the titan souls. The fel energy weakness comes from Lore Watch discussing Chronicle so it seems to be canon.

As for the rest, those were questions which neither of us have the answer to.

7+ Year Old Account
    How so? If he could destroy them so easily then he wouldn't need to destroy planets and kill the titan souls. The fel energy weakness comes from Lore Watch discussing Chronicle so it seems to be canon.
    How so?
    Sargeras is planet sized. The Old Gods are the size of mountains. Sargeras' arm could literally crush any Old God by brute strength alone, also, Sargeras' iwasn't the Old Gods but the corrupted World-Soul. Its destruction led to the death of the Old Gods just as a side effect. If you have read Chronicle you should already know that NO Old God is comparable to a Titan. So please, stop spreading bullshit.

Also. Not being able prove something to exists mean that it is false. It is never implied that The Old Gods can absorb fel magic. Therefore they can't until prove it otherwise. Common sense doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    There is no way he could, the strongest Titan crushed the strongest old god like a mosquito, and then Sarg killed the Strongest titan and all his bros with a felstorm by himself.
    Certain kinds of radiation can also make certain fruit plants bloom early and yield larger fruit (that will taste awful) before the plant then withers and dies. Fel magic is the kryptonite of Titans. Sargeras was oozing with it and that is why he killed the other titans so easily. Sargeras was essentially super saturated with the stuff, and pre-fall Sargeras could cleave worlds in two all by himself, he doesn't seem to do that anymore, just extinguish life on worlds. It is entirely possible that post-fall Sargeras is much, much weaker than he used to be, and may be getting weaker as time goes on, as the fel magic slowly kills him.

He also could not, and the old god N'zoth could have just been feeding off of Azeroth for so long (like through the Emerald Dream) that he's a bigger threat than Sargeras now. The Old Gods are agents/physical manifestations of the Void Lords, it is also entirely possible that since the Old Gods found an actual titan soul, that may very well be the last Titan Soul let alone possibly the strongest, the Void Lords have attempted to impart more power to the Old Gods on Azeroth as time goes on. That could also explain why the prisons made to contain the Old Gods seem woefully inadequate as time goes on. Note, Y'shraaj was the big bad Old God, the others weren't nearly as bad as him, the others fell easily after Y'shraaj was dead. So the Titan Keepers, without extra help, could subdue an Old God, yet even with prisons severely restricting them, Old Gods still seem to be able to push through their prisons with greater ease as time goes on. One can attribute that to them eroding their prisons, prisons not built without the proper paranoia/preparation to contain them, or the Old Gods have been getting stronger as time goes on.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also. Not being able prove something to exists mean that it is false. It is never implied that The Old Gods can absorb fel magic. Therefore they can't until prove it otherwise. Common sense doesn't work like that.
    Not being able to prove something has never meant it was false. In the past people couldn't prove that North America existed. Does that mean that those who went to look were insane and making things up? People couldn't prove the world was round so did that make them wrong automatically? Not being able to prove something doesn't make it false.

I never said the old gods could absorb fel energy, I merely asked the question. Also normal world common sense doesn't apply to fantasy stories otherwise they wouldn't be called fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to prove something has never meant it was false. In the past people couldn't prove that North America existed. Does that mean that those who went to look were insane and making things up? People couldn't prove the world was round so did that make them wrong automatically? Not being able to prove something doesn't make it false.
    The problem with your argument is that you are using examples that alreadythat solved. By that logic i can say that pink invisible penguins exist. Since you can't prove that they don't exist, therefore they exists. I can't believe you can't see the flaw of that argument.

For example, if some caveman discovered that the earth is round because he saw it in his dream, that doesn't make him right, because even if his assumption is correct, is a baseless one that was just right for mere coincidence. In your case, you can't say "Old Gods absorb Fel magic because you can't prove they don't" because you are basing your argument in my incapability of proving your argument wrong, instead of you proving it right.

Everyone is arguing.
    At the end of the day, you all know what has been told to you.
    At the end of the week, Blizzard will change it to whatever they desire.
    Just remember, you are only given what they want you to know.
    The rest is speculation and bullshit.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your case, you can't say "Old Gods absorb Fel magic because you can't prove they don't" because you are basing your argument in my incapability of proving your argument wrong, instead of you proving it right.
    This is where the disconnect in our opinions lies. I never said they could, I merely posed several questions. The questions of the old gods reacting to fel energy can't be proven either way so a fight between them and Sargeras might not be as one sided as we think. Regardless it still depends on the story that the creators of the lore wants to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "greater battle" it is refering to is about confronting the Void Lords. N'zoth will probably play the same role for the Void that Gul'dan has for the Legion.

As for the relationship between the Old gods and the Void lords, I think of it like fullmetal alchemist brotherhood.

Void Lords = Father/ Dwarf in the Flask
    Old Gods = The Homunculus
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    pic
    I never noticed it but why are Hyjal and Dragon tower red dots on that map? Isn't it Titan vaults and old gods? Or is Hyjal a titan vault as well?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    This is where the disconnect in our opinions lies. I never said they could, I merely posed several questions. The questions of the old gods reacting to fel energy can't be proven either way so a fight between them and Sargeras might not be as one sided as we think. Regardless it still depends on the story that the creators of the lore wants to tell.
    Considering the old gods died with no problem to sargeras in the thousands of years of him being fel powered I'm going to go ahead and say fel doesn't help the old gods
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    I never noticed it but why are Hyjal and Dragon tower red dots on that map? Isn't it Titan vaults and old gods? Or is Hyjal a titan vault as well?
    I think they're used as points of reference