Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Most people that cry about a Legacy server never played Vanilla on Retail.

They don't realise a lot of classes/specs were useless, PvP was a 3 button mess ( I played hunter, my PvP strategy was literally Scatter>Feign>Trap>Aimed and hope they die ), PvP titles were given to the no lifers that played 24/7 and raids were pretty simplistic in mechanics.

I mean Naxx has Thaddius, Heigan and Razuvious, the other 10 bosses or however many there are ( I think 14 in total? ) are pretty simple.
    My 14 year old cousin speed runs A Link to the Past for a couple hours every day after he comes home from middle school. So what you're hinting at is that he's a fucking idiot for doing so because Skyward Sword is much better because it is more complex, longer, newer and looks better correct? In a Link to the Past the hardest bosses (imo) are Mothula, Ganon and Kholdstare, the others are fairly easy, basically that means it is a simple and/or (suggested) bad game by your standards.

The point of this allegory (which is true) is to say it doesn't matter if people who never played Vanilla on retail are "crying" about legacy servers. Everyone should be allowed to experience this, it is a colossus of modern day gaming and should be preserved as such, regardless of the amount of players and/or money they get from it, though I am almost 100% certain would be enough to cover the cost for a multi-billion dollar company.

Have you taken a look at the upcoming Legion talents, abilities, etc and what the players' action bars look like? It's basically as simplified as Vanilla used to be except you can no longer down rank like you used to (ergo, if you used 3 buttons in vanilla as you said, you were not a good player regardless), they've been cutting down on that for like 4 expansions now.

As said in my previous post - people need to stop pushing their views on others. People like different things. People want different things. Your opinion is your own, you have zero right to assume you know who wants what and why they want it and even if you did know it is still none of your business to shit on them.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2016-04-27 at 04:42 AM.

there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server.
    Yea...that's called allowing modding like 75% of games now do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Yea...that's called allowing modding like 75% of games now do.
    WoW allows modding, it's called addons

"Modding" and licensing servers and clients are different beasts.

They don't realise a lot of classes/specs were useless, PvP was a 3 button mess ( I played hunter, my PvP strategy was literally Scatter>Feign>Trap>Aimed and hope they die ), PvP titles were given to the no lifers that played 24/7 and raids were pretty simplistic in mechanics.

I mean Naxx has Thaddius, Heigan and Razuvious, the other 10 bosses or however many there are ( I think 14 in total? ) are pretty simple.
    This. 10 char.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    My 14 year old cousin speed runs A Link to the Past for a couple hours every day after he comes home from middle school. So what you're hinting at is that he's a fucking idiot for doing so because Skyward Sword is much better because it is more complex, longer, newer and looks better correct?
    Never played the game, do they compare, at all?

Because in an MMO balance is pretty fucking important. People will start crying that their class is bad compared to Live.

They'll complain that there are no summoning stones, that a Paladin has to rebuff 39 other people every 10 minutes, etc.

so people are still crying?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Looks like it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Well even if the guys from Nost wouldn't form a company to offer legal vanilla servers, someone will. Nobody cares about who is behind the server as long as it provides what the players want.
    Then you and those people are complete and utter idiots. Don't care? You don't care who has your payment information? You don't care if those people decide to steal as much of your money as possible? Must be nice to be filthy rich but the rest of us can't afford to have our accounts fleeced so we do care who is in charge of the servers.

10+ Year Old Account

It was a great experience, but it cannot be compared to what a rerun on a legacy server would be, and it isn't that great to wanting to rerun it all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

90% of people that fill these forums with salt from their tears because they are against legacy servers started in Cata.
    Most of the people I've played with over the years on vanilla servers have been old wow players. And even if people who didn't play Vanilla wants Legacy so what?
    And just because you were a bad hunter you decide for others that vanilla is boring? Okay.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Sorry, why are you so adamant in the voicing your uninformed and clearly biased opinion?
    Because isn't that what everyone does on these forums? Including yourself for the next 6 paragraphs of what you wrote? Everyone has a bias, it's literally like saying water is wet...like no shit.

And it isn't entirely "uninformed" since the majority still plays current WoW and not Vanilla. and of the Minority that play(or rather created an account) on Nostralius a LOT(note I never said all) do it BECAUSE of nostalgia.

Also once you started the usual "OMFG FACEBOOK GAME" bullshit rhetoric you guys often spew out, I completely disregard your opinion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't people band together and suggest better improvements for the current game instead of whining about the past? This much focus could have been aimed at Legion and future content but noooo.

You will never be able to capture the essence of vanilla wow unless you had a time machine. But that's not it. It's you the person. You've become so familiarized with WoW and its game play. Class rotations? You got down. How to grind rep? That's something you know. That fresh coat of paint, that sense of wonder to explore your first real mmo... Blizzard can't give you that by making a legacy server.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Why can't people band together and suggest better improvements for the current game instead of whining about the past? This much focus could have been aimed at Legion and future content but noooo.

You will never be able to capture the essence of vanilla wow unless you had a time machine. But that's not it. It's you the person. You've become so familiarized with WoW and its game play. Class rotations? You got down. How to grind rep? That's something you know. That fresh coat of paint, that sense of wonder to explore your first real mmo... Blizzard can't give you that by making a legacy server.
    Yeah, you are right, but the thing is, a lot of people are not looking for "That fresh coat of paint, that sense of wonder to explore your first real mmo". Nostalrius proved that by maintaining a high number of players over a year.
    If people just wanted that same old feeling that is impossible to experience again, then that server would have died an early death.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    i guess you never played, cause really... warriors were only tanks, and warlocks were just there to curse so the mages would do more, i remember me and my 3 other warlocks all working together, using our differant curses to buff the mages and other dps
    Except warriors were also great DPS, only show how ignorant you are and how we shouldn't pay attention to your drivel.
    30 people were what nost had, and it was only a few thousend people... so
    Except Nost was a WiP, while Blizzard has the definite end product that would not require long-time development.
    Also Nost had a population cap equal to six times what a retail Vanilla server had.
    As I pointed in a previous post, if we followed your clownish evaluation, Blizzard would require half more people than they entire employee count just to run WoW servers.

So yeah, stop being ridiculous and come back to Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You're suggesting that they should give out infractions to people that do not agree with you? Mature, really...
    No, I'm wishing there would be automatic infraction at the most common strawman in these forums, especially when it's provably false and retarded as in calling "nostalgia!!!!" about people playing for the first time. It's basically trolling, which is against the rules, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just take note of what they've done wrong?

#1 Remove LFR.
    #2 Make epic gear something you get in raids only.
    #3 Make leveling hard.
    #4 Take away normal, heroic, and mythic. Just one raid difficulty.
    #5 Make dungeons hard. Back to using CC just to pull trash.
    #6 Make rewards rewarding. So much of modern WoW is just junk greens, gold, and freakin apexis crystals.

Just some ideas you could do for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Yeah. I've only done Val'Sharah so far. <3 druid lore. (Although, I disliked much of that story. /sniffle) But then, I enjoy searching for the bugs too...

On-topic: Yeah. As good as they say Nost was, it took those guys YEARS to even get it to where it was, and that was with using an emulator that had already had YEARS of development. So, Blizzard is right when they say that it would take a lot of time and money to bring those versions of WoW back. And I do mean *versions*, because they would need Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, and WoD servers that are Normal, PvP, RP, & RPPvP in each region (NA, EU, OC, CN, KA, etc etc.)
    How the fuck the fact that it took years for people doing it in their free times, to built an emulator from scratch, is in any way relevant to the time it would take to Blizzard to USE THEIR OWN FUCKING CODE THEY ALREADY HAVE and make the adaptations needed ?
    Then those would all be competing against each other and the main retail version of the game, diminishing the player base on each different type of realm...
    You're the one who spent all his venom spitting in the face of said people and saying you don't want to see them playing on WoW, and now you're worried about them not playing with you ?
    You're among the ones who said Nost was meaningless because these people "only played because it's free" and suddendly you're worried they would actually pay and it would split the playerbase ?
    You're amont the ones who claimed people were thiefs because they played without paying Blizzard, and now you're worried that somehow these same people, that you claimed weren't paying a sub (and so NOT part of the playerbase), would "diminish the playerbase" ?

Just try to be consistent, pal, you're contradicting yourself left and right in your vicious pettiness.
    Now, if Blizzard wants to hire me on as a developer to work on said project, they are more than welcome to. Other than that... Let's wait until after active development on WoW stops.
    Considering you are clueless enough to compare people having to imitate the working of a program and build a server from scratch, with the completely and entirely unrelated work of adapting the source code of a fully functionnal server to a different environment, no thanks to recruit you to get any job done, it would be counter-productive.

It's pretty much impossible. Community is extremely devided, people want different things, so one party wants WoW to be more RPG-ish, another party says that blizz should abolish more RPG elements from WoW, cuz they are tedious, and so on.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-27 at 06:44 AM.

Ok, I'll bite. Let's see if you see the problem after this.

1) Remove flying. And don't bring it back.
    2) One raid difficulty. First boss slightly harder than current HC, last few bosses same as mythic.
    3) Complete rework of threat. Back to the situation where one tank can only keep agro on one nuked mob.
    4) Dungeons interesting again my steping up the difficulty to the point where getting 2 mob groups or even one big without CC = wipe unless you have a very good group.

That's at least a start.
    Last edited by Jeniwyn; 2016-04-27 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Let's see if you see the problem after this.

1) Remove flying. And don't bring it back.
    2) One raid difficulty. First boss slightly harder than current HC, last few bosses same as mythic.
    3) Complete rework of threat. Back to the situation where one tank can only keep agro on one nuked mob.
    4) Dungeons interesting again my steping up the difficulty to the point where getting 2 mob groups or even one big without CC = wipe unless you have a very good group.

That's at least a start.
    Even TBC had no such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    This is complete bullshit.
    Fixed that for you. Most that want legacy actually did play Vanilla. They want that experience again.

I find that most people who are so opposed to legacy servers are the ones who never played vanilla. And they can't and will never understand why it's appealing to play on one.