Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I don't remember Nathrezim being entirely described as masters of Void Magic. But the part of the Void Lords is very out of context. Since that group of Nathrezim learned it from being close to a Old God infested planet.
    Technically, it wasn't "Void" magic, the Chronicles describe them as dedicated to learns the arts of Shadow magic, which is essentially the same thing as the void according to the cosmology chart. I will admit, though, I had forgotten about the part where the Nathrezim in question were actually on the Old God infested World until rereading it after making the post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No....Sargeras doesn't need to do anything. He's doing it out of pure selfishness, it's better to leave Azeroth alone instead of letting the planet get destroyed. Sargeras is still the villain.
    Sarg will always be the villain
    nothing change from chronicle we just have a reason why he fight not why he is not villain
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Hell, whilst Sargeras is so busy focusing on Azeroth, there might be another planet out there that's being corrupted by Old Gods that has a world soul, maybe even more.

Also, why the hell didn't the Titans just shrink their forms to battle the Old Gods? Pretty sure there was a picture of Sargeras in human size fighting off demons.
    Last edited by theun; 2016-04-27 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks awesome.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    There are at least 2 of these planets...
    But I don't think its Old Gods, maybe just some planets with hardcore fungi?

If there where so many planets infected with old gods, why hasn't Sageras not destroyed them?
    Why would you waste time destroying something that is doomed anyway?

Yeah and we can prove to Sageras we are capable of fending of the old gods. So he and the legion protect the planet until it matures?
    Because if we don't ally with the Legion, how would we fight the void lords?
    Don't tell him that, he will cleave you in half.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Hell, whilst Sargeras is so busy focusing on Azeroth, there might be another planet out there that's being corrupted by Old Gods that has a world soul, maybe even more.
    But isn't Azeroth the last titan? Or are we not sure of that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Also, why the hell didn't the Titans just shrink their forms to battle the Old Gods? Pretty sure there was a picture of Sargeras in human size fighting off demons.
    That one was old, and may not be correct anymore. The smallest sized Sargeras we've seen in Chronicle was around big building / (small?) mountain size. There probably is a limitation to the shape shifting magic. Otherwise, everyone capable of changing their size would just either grow as big as a planet, or shrink down to the size of a mosquito in battle =P

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But isn't Azeroth the last titan? Or are we not sure of that yet?
    No, Azeroth isn't. We're just the last one the Pantheon found in a long time. Finding Azeroth out renewed their hope that there might be other undiscovered world souls as well, and that's why they left Azeroth in the Keepers' hands so they could went looking for others.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-27 at 09:55 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No, Azeroth isn't. We're just the last one the Pantheon found in a long time. Finding Azeroth out renewed their hope that there might be other undiscovered world souls as well, and that's why they left Azeroth in the Keepers' hands so they could went looking for others.
    That I know. But I'm talking about Wrathion's titan induced hallucination, saying "WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN"
    Granted that was pre Chronicle, but at least in game so that might mean something
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-04-27 at 10:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That I know. But I'm talking about Wrathion's titan induced hallucination, saying "WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN"
    Granted that was pre Chronicle, but at least in game so that might mean something
    the only thing this event indicate that Warthion might have a Titan soul within his body
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    the only thing this event indicate that Warthion might have a Titan soul within his body
    I am subscribed to the theory that Azeroth is dead and gone, but his soul will be infused to the players, making them titan empowered to beat whatever big guy gets thrown at us next. So Wrathion could be the start of that.

Deleted
    I am subscribed to the theory that Azeroth is dead and gone, but his soul will be infused to the players, making them titan empowered to beat whatever big guy gets thrown at us next. So Wrathion could be the start of that.
    FFS, that would be the ultimate power creep for players... First we get the Artifact Weapons that cannot be rivaled by any mortal Weapons and next we become titans.
    Why couldn't we just stay nameless heroes and wanderers in this world? Lending you very capable hands to organisations as the Ashen Verdict or the Argent Crusade?
    It would make for so much better story telling... maybe we don't ALL get to be the wielder of the Ashbringer, but we all can be a champion of the paladin order, one of many but far above the mass.

Deleted
    FFS, that would be the ultimate power creep for players... First we get the Artifact Weapons that cannot be rivaled by any mortal Weapons and next we become titans.
    Why couldn't we just stay nameless heroes and wanderers in this world? Lending you very capable hands to organisations as the Ashen Verdict or the Argent Crusade?
    It would make for so much better story telling... maybe we don't ALL get to be the wielder of the Ashbringer, but we all can be a champion of the paladin order, one of many but far above the mass.
    We all aren't the wielders of Ashbringer. Only one paladin is lore wise. And we need power creep or WoW is over. We are currently fighting the Legion. With it's leaders. Maybe even with Sargeras. Next it's the Void Lords who are too strong even for Sargeras. There are only so much enemies a nameless nobody with a simple piece of metal can reasonable beat.

And than we will all be Titans and wow ends. They will tell us they never stoped on the new game titan and its all about our life in wow after we killed everyone and realised we are the titans ������ Happy end

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why would you waste time destroying something that is doomed anyway?
    Because this corruption is the very reason the burning crusade started.

- - - Updated - - -

The titans only discovered a fraction of the cosmos, they had no idea how many are still out there, heck there could be another pantheon out there. Or a dark titan has already risen.

They were sent everywhere and hit many things. The titans were actively searching for other titans for a long time and were not finished, the great dark beyond aka space, is so vast.

Deleted
    We all aren't the wielders of Ashbringer. Only one paladin is lore wise. And we need power creep or WoW is over. We are currently fighting the Legion. With it's leaders. Maybe even with Sargeras. Next it's the Void Lords who are too strong even for Sargeras. There are only so much enemies a nameless nobody with a simple piece of metal can reasonable beat.
    We don't need power creep. Look at TBC, WotLK and WoD. We had help from NPCs to kill powerful bosses. Why not stick with that?
    Gameplay doesn't change for us, but lorewise it's easier to tell the story.
    With these weapons, what other then the Legion and the Void Lords, which only can be fought in the Void Dimension where they are far more powerful then any Titan ever was, could be a threat to us?
    If they gave these weapons to an icon of your classes, we still had a reason to be threatend by some pirates and trolls in the south seas but with weapons that possibly killed a Titan?

Let's say they gave the Ashbringer to Arathor, because he as a really powerful father, and have us with along with him against the Legion?
    If they then say: Hey, 8.0 will be South Seas, we know why it could be a challenge... we don't have Arathor with us because he as other things to do, but if the lorewise most powerful paladin (the player) goes to the South Seas the ONLY threat would be N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Again. The OG's bunkered down into the planet. Going after them, again, would have destroyed the planet and the world soul along with it.

The Old God's that we have killed, have come up from to the surface so to speak. We destroyed them in a way that did not harm the planet.

This is according to Chronicles v1.

And also..

It was not necessarily anything related to their deaths which caused the Cataclysm. Consequences of killing an Old God were explored with the sha, and then expanded upon in Chronicle.
    We did harm the planet though when we killed the old gods. The cataclysm and the elemental unrest were direct caused of it.

Player: Why did we not see resault of old gods killed

Blizzard: Have you not heard of the Cataclysm. That happened cause Old gods

Player: So killing old gods caused cataclysm

Blizzard: Yes

Now I don't have the blue post on me but many others have posted it.

Also the chronicles stop before WC1 begins, there is nothing in there that states the way we kill them did nothing to the planet. It dosn't even touch on it. Even a released C'thun and Yogg were still holding their tenticles deep within the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    Freya has been working up the courage since ulduar... one day she might check up on it

So the cataclysm happened because we killed old gods and not because of Deathwing's emergence throwing them out of whack? That smells like a retcon to me.

Kind of a delayed reaction isn't it? Kill C'thun and nothing apparently happens cataclysm wise. Then we kill Yogg but nothing happens long enough for the Tournament, fall of the Lich King, and for both armies to retreat from Northrend and have their parties/funerals etc and THEN things start to build up towards the cataclysm which I guess only coincidentally kicked off in earnest the day Deathwing emerged.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-04-27 at 08:18 PM.