Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Court of Stars, Gold Cap Raised, Mount Movement, Blue Posts, Whispers of the Old Gods

Patch 2.4.1 Live on PC & Consoles!

Whispers of the Old Gods Launches in the Americas

Upcoming Balance Update - April 27th, Weekly Rotation & Sales, Heroes WTF Moments #47

Overwatch Beta Ends - Resumes May 5th, Jeff Kaplan on FOV, Player Rank to be More Prominent

Legion - Court of Stars Dungeon Preview
    The Court of Stars has many profession and class specific abilities in the dungeon. You can find a partial list on the official forums.

Legion - Gold Cap Raised to 10 Million Gold
    In Legion you can hold and spend even more gold at once!

Legion - Mount Movement Changes
    Legion brings some tweaks to mount animations and camera movement to improve how mounts behave when flying.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Legendary Item Effects in PvP
    Your understanding is correct. They will be disabled in all PvP instances, including unrated battlegrounds. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

World Quest Icons
    Skull Rare Elite WQs are Dungeon World Quests, requiring a dungeon group.

Sounds like this iconography isn't particularly self-explanatory though, will pass that along to the UI guys. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Order Hall Resources and Upgrades
    So the point is that you you guys thought this would be the end all be all resource dump since there really aren't any compelling rewards? Honestly I wish the team would've just decided to unlock the upgrades through quests rather than currency. Or am I missing some information?
    The primary source of Order Hall Resources is doing quests. We'll be laying out the details of Legion's endgame structure as we get closer to release - it feels premature to publish a blog on the subject while we're still iterating on exactly how all the pieces fit together, as well as tuning. But Legion has at least as much max-level outdoor content as Mists of Pandaria did, except with a different structure (world quests complemented by one-time story moments) that lets us offer more player choice and day-to-day variation, to avoid some of the pitfalls of Mists, where we heard player feedback about repetition and burnout.

As for the subject of the thread, yeah, as Muffinus noted above, this is one of many different perks that you can unlock (or not), and is intended to offer a small time-saving convenience. If anything, it may end up being undesirable because of its limitations, and we wouldn't be willing to buff it to the point where it'd be truly "strong" because that would cut directly against the value, expressed many times here in this discussion, of actually going out and adventuring. We'll see how it plays out in further testing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warcraft Movie
    We are very excited about the upcoming release of the Warcraft film and will be sharing additional details globally over the coming weeks. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Holy Paladin Feedback -- Build 21531 -- 21-Apr
    Tuning is still early and right now is drifting around a lot, as unrelated changes happen without necessarily being compensated for in terms of tuning. Looks like H Pal DPS is somewhat lower than other healers in this build (possibly largely due to the loss of Holy Bolt); we'll bring it up next build so it's in the ballpark before more detailed tuning happens. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Broken Shore
    soz just salty about how the alliance keeps getting boned it looks like
    you should wait for the Horde's side to pass judgement (Muffinus)

seriously, da fuq? Why cant it be the Alliance that fuqs up? Its always the horde.
    Things are not always as one side sees them. The Horde may have a different perspective on how things went down at the end. (Muffinus)

Racials
    Arcane Torrent being on the GCD is a bug, and will be fixed in the next Alpha update. (WarcraftDevs)

Classes
    During the Demon Hunter early access, will we be able to explore Azeroth and maybe level profs before the expansion hits?
    During the pre-launch, you will be able to take your demon hunter wherever you please. (Muffinus)

Realm Hopping
    Any plans to stop people from 'realm-hopping' into raids trying to form then leaving at once?
    We realize it’s a major nuisance and we’re investigating solutions. (WarcraftDevs)

BMAH
    Why is the Black market in Dalaran? the whole point of BMAH is its supposed to be in a dangerous unsafe area? now zero threat.
    Oh, but the Dalaran Underbelly is a hive of scum and villainy. (WarcraftDevs)

Artifact Weapons
    Is it intentional that Artifact Relics cannot be removed from the Artifact once they've been placed?
    Yes. Relics will be replaced primarily on the basis of item level; they’re not meant to be Glyphs 2.0. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    I love world pvp, I hate FFA arenas though. Why most of them? This game wasn't designed around 1v1.
    FFA is about as far from 1v1 as you can get (Muffinus)
    Then in that case it's just PvP guilds hoarding them, or waiting till 3 AM just to have a shot.
    Some options to consider: no grouping (full FFA), limited groups (max 5 man), buffing solo-ers. (Muffinus)
    Most times I see groups of friends at FFA making it so that only their friend wins. Which isn't fun
    We're gonna make world PvP work here, please keep up the feedback! (Muffinus)

Hearthstone - Whispers of the Old Gods Live
    Whispers of the Old Gods launched today and Hearthpwn has decks, guides, and more!

DLC #534 - Silence is Golden
    DLC #534 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-11-11 at 03:38 PM.

Finally a gold cap that means something :^)

Deleted
    So we get improved flying animations but at the same time flying is disabled in Legion?

Improved flying animation more important than Brewmaster monks FeelsBadMan

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Can't wait for a bidding war on the black market auction house to be 10 million. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    So we get improved flying animations but at the same time flying is disabled in Legion?
    Legion quests will send you to the old world to do stuff so you can use them there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Improved flying animation more important than Brewmaster monks FeelsBadMan
    I believe they're two different departments. I'm sure they'll fix up most classes. That's what feedback is for. Tell them what you think.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mount animation changes are pretty sweet. Wonder how they will translate to other Mounts other than just drakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    It truly makes me wonder how it signifies the inflation of WoWs gold. It will be decent though, as it gives auctioneers like myself a new "endgame." Besides that, I don't think the majority of players have anywhere near gold cap (max level, not including first day noobs).
    Last edited by Buttonmasher; 2016-04-27 at 08:20 AM. Reason: I hate my phone.

Omg! You finally included my blue tweet response!!! Yay! World pvp!
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they tweak Grounds Mounts too, so the lean when taking corners.

I really like these little tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by THE313 View Post
    Legion quests will send you to the old world to do stuff so you can use them there.
    You won't actually be able to finish the quest chain until an undetermined patch in the future though - so it's pretty much just disabled until Blizz say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    You won't actually be able to finish the quest chain until an undetermined patch in the future though - so it's pretty much just disabled until Blizz say otherwise.
    my post has nothing to do with your rply.....i said that there are quests that will send you to azeroth (the old world) where flying is enabled and you can fly there before blizz open flying in the broken shore.

I love how ppl cry for vanella and when blizz add something from vanella ppl they also cry....

Deleted
    i like how they try to fix realm hopin while keeping every server separated to profit from transfers but keeping crossrealm shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    if they have raised it to 10m there will be ways of getting 10m

I really like these subtle mount changes. Many little steps in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if they have raised it to 10m there will be ways of getting 10m
    like logging into 4 alts and sending some in the mail.

edit : well 5 for the last 120 copper cos of the mail fees

so what happened when you hit gold cap atm, you can't loot/sell junks?

Quote Originally Posted by killbill View Post
    so what happened when you hit gold cap atm, you can't loot/sell junks?
    Yea.

Like honor cap and selling a piece you still have time on, won't allow you to sell it back

I think I'm sitting on gold cap for two characters spread across about 10 alts. Nice to see a boost to what I can hold, but I just know that this means that I won't be winning anything off of the BMAH anytime soon.