10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And WRONG!
    So?

How you tell>What you tell.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    So?

So you prefer to read the wrong guides just because it has fewer words?

better than Elitest Jerks though

Its popular because it is know. Sad to say it but I wish half the players out there knew what Noxxic knew at least. Lets face it most people in this game we just ask to count as breathing and active. If they get pasted those two things then pushing a few keys in a drolling fashion is a huge plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So you prefer to read the wrong guides just because it has fewer words?
    Yes, I am a casual and I won't spend my time to please /inspect'ors feelings.

Talents are fun when you build them for yourself anyway, character customization is a fun part of an MMO for me. Finding out a good build for my items is fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    For the same reason that people still refer to old has-beens as "the best", or games that were challenging when they were 10 as "the hardest"...force of habit? Nostalgia? Take a pick.
    Nostalgia isn't the same as misinformation (which Noxxic does blatantly and without a care). Or did I miss something?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    So?

"I don't care if they lie, as long as their words are sweet". I do hope you don't lead your life as you play WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I keep hearing that Icyveins is better but when I tweeted at Noxxic they've been able to justify their choices so far.

Icyveins, however, offers more in depth explanations.

For instance a new raider that's popping their Normal Mode cherry I'd suggest Noxxic over Icyveins so as to not overwhelm them. Or even AMR over IV.

Now once they want to progress to Heroic or even show an interest in getting better -- I'd point them to IV
    I can write on twitter why I am an idiot, doesn't make less of an idiot. Noxxic can write whatever they want on twitter, but they are plain wrong on several stat priorities/talents/game mechanics. Of course, when people don't bother testing out the math behind the posted results on Noxxic, that happens. That site is horrible and has lead to several people (could say several thousands, given how popular that site is) playing WoW badly, not getting results in a game they enjoy playing. Thats like, next level trolling. How does their twitter fix their misinformation and deceit?

- - - Updated - - -

Icy-veins: Too much talk/text/micromanagement stuff. Detailed but boring layout.

Noxxic: Simple, easy to use.

Most people just wanna play the game. Not all players have WoW in the center of their lives.
    I want to just play the game. Noxxic wants people to FAIL in WoW, by advertising wrong or outdated info to every class/spec. So if I want to get something done in WoW, I don't use Noxxic. I don't center my life around WoW but I think its fair to say that if I have a limited time to play a game, I want to get stuff done. Even more than people who have a lot of time for the game - they have time to test/calculate stuff on their own. If I had used Noxxic math I wouldn't have killed Mythic Archimonde raiding one day per week because I would have died too much and done too little dps because I would have made wrong talent/stat choices and slowed my team down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    "I don't care if they lie, as long as their words are sweet". I do hope you don't lead your life as you play WoW.
    It is a game. True player who wants to get the best out of his character better be establishing his build by himself anyways. Icy-veins is no better than Noxxic in terms of accurate information. Why spend extra time to be mislead?

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    I want to just play the game. Noxxic wants people to FAIL in WoW, by advertising wrong or outdated info to every class/spec. So if I want to get something done in WoW, I don't use Noxxic. I don't center my life around WoW but I think its fair to say that if I have a limited time to play a game, I want to get stuff done. Even more than people who have a lot of time for the game - they have time to test/calculate stuff on their own. If I had used Noxxic math I wouldn't have killed Mythic Archimonde raiding one day per week because I would have died too much and done too little dps because I would have made wrong talent/stat choices and slowed my team down.
    Die too much? In what instance talents magically pulled you out of fire/cleared your excessive stacks because your offtank haven't taunted in time? If you raid success comes down to the extra %5 personal damage, how healthy is your raid team?

-----

Edit: Noxic also has a simplistic approach to their guides which I like. They value minimal player effort over numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    I can write on twitter why I am an idiot, doesn't make less of an idiot. Noxxic can write whatever they want on twitter, but they are plain wrong on several stat priorities/talents/game mechanics. Of course, when people don't bother testing out the math behind the posted results on Noxxic, that happens. That site is horrible and has lead to several people (could say several thousands, given how popular that site is) playing WoW badly, not getting results in a game they enjoy playing. Thats like, next level trolling. How does their twitter fix their misinformation and deceit?

- - - Updated - - -

So can you show me a tweet you disagree with? Or are you disagreeing just to disagree?
    I sincerely doubt it plays into people playing wow *badly* -- just not ideally. I think you confuse the two but they are two different things. Someone who hasn't visited IV, Noxxic, or any other site for that matter are likely already playing less than ideal and potentially badly. You're arguing that following Noxxic can make them a worse player somehow? Can you elaborate a little further on that?

You mention deceit -- that has a specific meaning. Why do you think Noxxic is malicious of intent?

Another thing to consider is that Trade Chat Trolls love to send someone down a wrong path. So even when its an actual honest question hits, they spew "Noxxic" and laugh to themselves about what a stoopid noob the person is... it's all part of the daily game in Trade....

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What a silly argument. A 10 man raid with 7 moonkins chain-casting nothing but wrath could probably down bosses in normal mode, if they know the bosses. That doesn't mean it's optimal.
    But you're arguing something different now and moving the goal post.
    People are saying it's flat out *wrong* which implies it makes you worse and incapable of playing "correctly". Playing correctly means downing bosses.
    You've now changed it from "wrong" to "not ideal" -- which I've already agreed to. But I've yet to agree to is "wrong" as in "so wrong you can't down bosses" which no one has managed to convince me of yet.

Telling a class to dump everything into haste when it's their worst stat doesn't make their class *worse* -- it makes their class better but in a least best way.

At the end of the day all that matters is: Did you win?

Noxxic is a great place to have someone hold your hand. Then once they've gotten experience under their belt and are willing to devote more than 30 seconds into their class, throw them at IV and say "take your time processing this information and think critically about it".

Fresh blood already has a lot to learn. Baby steps. There aren't many people who are interested in learning their class perfectly right off the bat and I'd even argue those people are the minority.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is a game. True player who wants to get the best out of his character better be establishing his build by himself anyways. Icy-veins is no better than Noxxic in terms of accurate information. Why spend extra time to be mislead?
    Icy Veins has correct rotations and correct stat priorities for a starting player. Noxxic DOESN'T, as has been proven by various posters in this thread who play various classes. Do yourself a favor and read the whole thread, if you haven't, for examples. Don't try to persuade people IV is same shit as Noxxic. IV is mostly correct and will lead you to l2playbetter. Noxxic is... shit.

because most ppl dont like to read long texts, but icyveins is 10x better

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    because most ppl dont like to read long texts, but icyveins is 10x better
    this is correct!

Website is designed better. I think it's really that simple.

Icyveins might be more thorough and accurate but their website design is total shit.

Keep in mind both of these sites are irrelevant for like 80% of the playerbase. Most people don't care and just want to have fun. I'm sort of in that camp but like to learn a little extra about my main character.

Icy-veins is no better than Noxxic in terms of accurate information.
    Incorrect. Not that icy-veins is 100% on the money either, but it's much, much better than Noxxic.

Even when they're up to date, which they mostly aren't, Noxxic guides are written by people inexperienced in each spec, based entirely upon simcraft priority lists. IV guides are written by experienced raiders, informed in both theorycraft and experience raiding as the spec. Huge difference.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-04-27 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Like you said, it's okay for a starting point; but for a guide it's pretty bad. Snapshotting is admittedly more advanced, I guess, so don't expect that on Noxxic :P Although skipping over TF, Thrash and BT is worrying...
    It does mention Bloodtalons and Thrash, but the way it tells you to use them is wrong.

I never understood why people use that site as a reference. Icy Veins has much more accurate information.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the dps numbers are wildly inaccurate when you look at more accurate sites like simcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    Icy-veins: Too much talk/text/micromanagement stuff. Detailed but boring layout.

Noxxic: Simple, easy to use.

Most people just wanna play the game. Not all players have WoW in the center of their lives.
    If you're playing a game of croquet and some beginner's guide said the best way to hit the ball is to use the long side of the mallet like a broom. Do you think that guide should be published and praised? Just because it's a game doesn't mean intentional misinformation should be praised because the layout of a website is good.

They should correct their guide once they've discovered it's wrong. But they don't. In fact they go to great lengths to publish things incorrectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Noxxic is a great place to have someone hold your hand. Then once they've gotten experience under their belt and are willing to devote more than 30 seconds into their class, throw them at IV and say "take your time processing this information and think critically about it".

Fresh blood already has a lot to learn. Baby steps. There aren't many people who are interested in learning their class perfectly right off the bat and I'd even argue those people are the minority.
    You can get that same hand holding by pressing P and clicking the right tab which shows the spells you should use. In fact they are more accurate than Noxxic.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222