Poll: How Many Leveling Zones do you like to have per Xpack?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So this is one of those things that will vary a lot between specific player preferences. I was actually surprised how evenly split this poll was. If I was to have the choice though, I would rather less attention on the leveling process as we tend to take care of leveling in a number of hours compared to sitting at max level. This is the first time we get a dedicated max level at the start of an xpac ever and I think that is pretty cool.

The bottom line is that there will always be a finite amount of content that they can ever deliver. And if I had the choice of an amazing and varied leveling experience or amazing and varied max level content, max level content wins every time. WoD is a perfect example of this, I think it may very well have been one of the hands down most fun experiences I have ever had leveling. But I think a lot of people will agree was probably the weakest xpac as a whole we have had.

To be clear I like the leveling process and if they could release Legion with 12 zones in the same amount of time, more power to them. But in todays wow this just isn't realistic so I am happy where they are putting their efforts.

P.S. Suramar is looking like an incredible zone and from what I have seen of Alpha is actually a lot of zones into one as far as effort put into completing the content. Preach released a video today going over Suramar, and he talks about the enormity of this zone that is possibly relevant at max level for a much grander amount of time than the leveling process.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I'm excited
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-04-27 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Wor'gol and Blade'spire and the story line following the quests in these two hubs are ~90% of the entire zone, not sure if you are aware of this fact. Every single one of them are highly linear and nothing like Howling Fjord. I didn't check a commented video, I checked a walkthrough.

I wasn't able to choose between questing in Desert or Jungle in Gorgrond. I wasn't able to choose between Auchindoun or Voljin's Pride at the same time. I am not sure about Spires of Arrak, but were players able to pick between Bladefist and Anzu quest line at the same time? I recall it wasn't the case. In any way, I feel like Nagrand is the only zone that let players choose a hub and stick with its story.
    Which choice you got in Gorgrond depended on what building you chose for your outpost. Sparring Arena, you went to the desert, fought with the gladiators and helped Rexxar. Lumber Mill sent you south to the Dwarven encampment and the Genesaur. They ended in the same place (the fight at the foundry, though the final battle was different depending on your route). A few hubs were shared between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    You couldn't afford it since it is linked to my live account.
    You'd be surprised how much can a nerd spend on a game ;P

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What it should be is more end-game zones. The poll is flawed because fewer the better is tied to not liking the leveling process. But less doesn't mean you don't like to level if you want more end-game content.
    This is about leveling zones though. Thus the title of the thread. Not End game/Max level zones. I have heard great things about Suramar and the World quest system so I am not to worried about Legions End-game world content. Just the leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    If 4 is "plenty", I am not sure what is "a few" or "insufficient".
    It all depends on quest/objective density. Zones have felt fairly fleshed out in the last few expansions, so i'm not worried.
    I'm a thread killer.

It is going to be a big mistake and showing Blizz cutting corners like WoD will not work in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is going to be a big mistake and showing Blizz cutting corners like WoD will not work in Legion.
    Ah, yes, because more zones equals more content, right?

Spires of Arak say hay.

Zul'Drak says hay.

Vash'jir says hay.

Valley of the Four Winds says hay.

Krasarang Wilds pre 5.1 says hay.

We've gotten extra zones in the past with no functionality aside from leveling. This has happened several times. Every zone in Legion has max level content and purpose at max level. We've never had that before.

Quality over quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

You guys keep forgetting about leveling alts. In Legion, your alts will be forced to do all 4 zones. You can pick the order, but you will be faced with essentially 100% content duplication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You guys keep forgetting about leveling alts. In Legion, your alts will be forced to do all 4 zones. You can pick the order, but you will be faced with essentially 100% content duplication.
    Right now people are saying they can get to 110 only doing two zones. That may or may not change, but at the moment you can do different zones on each character.

Also, as I've said before, I've gone through all of Draenor (except a bit of Nagrand) on at least 12 characters, so it's not that big of a deal to do four zones on multiple characters. ;P

I went through Draenor on 11 characters, and hated it on around 8 of 'em.

If you can hit 110 in 2 zones, that must have changed recently. That's an improvement, depending on the size of the zones. If each zone takes 2.5 hours like it used to... dang.

If you can hit 110 in 2 zones, that must have changed recently. That's an improvement, depending on the size of the zones. If each zone takes 2.5 hours like it used to... dang.
    Zones are bigger, takes longer to do each zone now than it did in wod and before, def not 2.5 hrs per zone.

How long would you estimate it takes?

If we're talking >10 hours to hit 110 with no XP pots or heirlooms, and you only need 2 zones to get there, then I'm happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons mobs in legion seem to give slightly more xp than they used to (I may be wrong) now that they aren't the be all end all towards artifact power. But having every dungeon available to you at any level while leveling is SUCH a better system then pretty much any leveling dungeon experience in wow. Leveling up from dungeons only is not a mindless repetitive two different dungeons at a time grind. So the option to do that is even more palatable than before.

As for how long questing takes to 110 its hard for me to say because I didn't level properly from 100-110, I had to abandon entire story chains at times and come back to many, but if I had to guess it was an extremely enjoyable 8-10 hours.
    Last edited by Pakmanisgod; 2016-04-27 at 05:45 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The artifacts alone to acquire are going to take 6months to acquire the prof if you start from one will take another 6/8months...so I'm not worried at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Have in mind that one of the main ways to lvl up (or that will be part of our questing experience) are the Class Hall quests, so you could say we have 5 zones

How long would you estimate it takes?

If we're talking >10 hours to hit 110 with no XP pots or heirlooms, and you only need 2 zones to get there, then I'm happy with it.
    I haven't really kept time but I'd say 4-4.5 hours per zone when I've cleared them.

I voted 4-5, because I do want to see all the zones when leveling to see the story. I do not really play many alts, so doing the same zones again in a year when I finally start leveling other characters doesn't bother me. Of course even if you hit max level you can still do quests and experience the story so I am not against more zones. I really like what I am seeing from the Suramar zone and think it will be great max level content, so I think you underrepresent the content when you say there are only 4 zones. Also I am sure that making 8+ zones would take a large amount of development time, and not sure it would be worth pushing off the expansion another 6-8 months (my guess on development time). Just my thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I haven't really kept time but I'd say 4-4.5 hours per zone when I've cleared them.
    A bit short but seems reasonable. These must be really dense zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quality over quantity... and I hate to be max level and have 1 or 2 zone left.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Go to every zone, get all bonus objs completed (Until 1 thing is left to be done). Pop exp potion. Go do all of those 1 things, bam. Level 100 in 30 minutes. That's what I did in WoD anyways :3