Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Although town played like shit I still think that the mafia was overpowered.

The Mafia had:

*Two separate teams that can't really kill each other
    *Although separate still won together
    *Had PR Roles
    *Had Fake Claims

I think they had just too many advantages, considering the RP or reveals didn't really help Town at all.
    Interesting, not really had any comments on game balance. Town were in it right up to lynching Kurenai. After that they needed Mafia mistakes.

* Not killing each other: They could kill each other, it just wasn't easy. I have lost count of how many times I run across two mafia teams who decimate each other.
    * Winning together: I didn't see a problem with letting them win together for this game simply because I had no idea how effective the tv hosts would be.
    * Pr Roles: Yep they had watered down versions. The Thief and the Visitor role's were a double edged role which came with red herrings.
    * Fake claims: I didn't want people being found out or lynched because of their claim, we have had that in the past and it sucks to be lynched because your character is to small to be a realistic claim for the game your playing ( He was only in 3 episodes!). That's why I added a load of fictional politicians to the game.

Deleted
    Did the mafia teams know they could win with each other from the start?

Deleted
    No. They had to work it out for themselves. The thief and the visitor would give them extra clues, as would their role cards when they flipped and the fact they were all showing up red.

@celtic:
    I had an inkling given our wincon, it said mafia, not team.
    The N2 RP we got from Cruelle sealed the deal for me. Worked under that assumption since.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @celtic:
    I had an inkling given our wincon, it said mafia, not team.
    The N2 RP we got from Cruelle sealed the deal for me. Worked under that assumption since.
    Don't forget the numbers at the end of my name :-p

Thanks for the great game Cruelle.

And I'm sorry everyone that I disappeared the Day I was lynched. I literally got so busy at work that I couldn't post a thing... and by the time I did have time I was very very dead.

That one is on me >.>

thanks for the game Cru

I tried breadcrumbs guys jeez :P

@Strikered; I picked up on it, totally.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Strikered, we all picked it up. The issue was we couldn't trust it. That just goes to show that when you're leaving bread crumbs, be careful not to send mixed signals. You were, after all, a tracker. What you left us might have meant he killed, or might have meant he was a power role, or might have meant nothing at all. It also didn't help that you were exposed and therefore should have just claimed. :P You had as close to a guilty as a tracker can get and we all knew you were a TPR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    thanks for the game Cru

I tried breadcrumbs guys jeez :P
    You didn't do yourself any favors with the soft claim.

I actually like the guy with the cricket bat too but he obviously asked for a pay rise and then got sent to Mandyville because we never seen him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    I actually like the guy with the cricket bat too but he obviously asked for a pay rise and then got sent to Mandyville because we never seen him again.
    Yes, but Oliver Platt was also super awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yes, but Oliver Platt was also super awesome.
    Yes I liked him, I was pleased they kept his character around. Some of the people they could have kept around because they had great characters like Glenn Close, Mathew Perry, Lady who plays Cuddy from House were there one minute gone the next.

I think Cuddy had 4-5 episodes they wrote her angle wrong. It felt like she was there to give CJ some re-directing to do than really be Sam's gf.

Yes I liked him, I was pleased they kept his character around. Some of the people they could have kept around because they had great characters like Glenn Close, Mathew Perry, Lady who plays Cuddy from House were there one minute gone the next.
    Indeed.

I think Cuddy had 4-5 episodes they wrote her angle wrong. It felt like she was there to give CJ some re-directing to do than really be Sam's gf.
    On the other hand, we wouldn't have gems like...

"You accidentally slept with a prostitute. I don't understand; did you trip over something?" ~Toby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Indeed.

On the other hand, we wouldn't have gems like...

"You accidentally slept with a prostitute. I don't understand; did you trip over something?" ~Toby
    Early West Wing Seasons:1-4 had lots of little gems like that. Not so much after season 4, but the show was still great.

I loved The Newsroom too but I don't think it did well in the ratings an got axed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early West Wing Seasons:1-4 had lots of little gems like that. Not so much after season 4, but the show was still great.

I loved The Newsroom too but I don't think it did well in the ratings an got axed.
    It was more to do with Aaron Sorkin just couldn't keep up the level of writing, so he voluntarily decided to end after season 3.

I should really go back and watch Newroom, I only saw the first season but it was awesome.

Love The Newsroom.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Newsroom so goooooood

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen the opening scene of newsroom multiple times. Such a great scene! xD

There's a lot of really good scenes from The Newsroom.

I'd've loved to see what Sorkin would have written with the political situation this year...

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1