Everything like quests and dungeons used to give more artifact power but two traits should be achievable by just farming while testing.

Random Xal'atath whisper while strolling around our Hall of Balance:
    "The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would met here?"
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Nice whisper, damn. I dunno but I really feel like in the end, our "dagger" will betray us or something... and we'll be the reason why the Void Lord will come.

And yeah, i guess I started playing the Alpha "seriously" too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I saw you in the order hall, I remember your guild's name... made me smile.
    Last edited by Ilir; 2016-04-26 at 10:58 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Got the alpha, but omg why is it so hard to find a dungeon group? ):

See what a planet corrupted by old gods looks like =O O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Seriv View Post
    Everything like quests and dungeons used to give more artifact power but two traits should be achievable by just farming while testing.

Random Xal'atath whisper while strolling around our Hall of Balance:
    "The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would met here?"
    That's "would meet", right? I just want to be sure on the exact words.

Anyhow, that's pretty ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Nice whisper, damn. I dunno but I really feel like in the end, our "dagger" will betray us or something... and we'll be the reason why the Void Lord will come.

That would sure make the Naaru look like major idiots for inviting it to their temple. The dagger might betray us if a more worthy wielder were to show up and defeat us, but I think it'd rather work with us for the time being. Bringing in a void lord to wreck stuff wouldn't really be too worth it, since they can't remain long. It'd have about as much use as just nuking the place.

It'd be much smarter to find a way to turn it to their advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Even if there's no Titan world-soul in that planet, that still looks like it's growing into a planet-sized tentacle monster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Xal'atath is more charismatic than a lot of characters. And its a damn dagger.

Don't be so surprised; it has a razor sharp wit and really gets to the point. Any way you slice it, it's a cut above the rest.

would anyone object to getting better (read actual) animations for our dots? Paladins have one for execution sentence, fire mages have one for their living bomb, balance druids get animations on their dots cast etc, seems a mighty shame that one of the more unique aspects of our kitsis completely invisible

I'm particularly fine with our dots not having an animation. Mind blast finally got one and i still hope that they will improve mind flay too. I was a huge fan of the old mind flay animation back on vanilla, BC. Hated so much when they changed to this thing we have being using for years.

Blizzard have tested so many different animations for Void Torrent. They could have chosen one of the not used and updated. Even the old Insanity Mind flay would be better.
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-04-27 at 03:22 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I saw you in the order hall, I remember your guild's name... made me smile.
    I wouldn't mind shadow priests actually going a bit insane and unknowingly doing evil deeds around Azeroth. Like going to take out a group of bandits terrorizing a village but we end up slaughtering everyone in it, or doing something that furthers the void lord and old god agendas. Just something that reflects the theme of the spec through quests and illustrates how dangerous trying to straddle the thin line of sanity/insanity and the repercussions of straying to the wrong side.

I have a question regarding multi-dotting. Let's assume that there are 10+ targets that die in about 15-20 seconds and are relatively far away from each other. These targets also must be focused down. (Xavius)

What is the best course of action in this case? Do we put 2 dots on few adds? Only put SWP on many adds and try to benefit from SOI as much as we can? Only put VT on many adds? If it's the latter (VT), would forsaking crit for mastery and choosing San'layn instead of AS be better?

Deleted
    Some more random and not-so-random Xal Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Koire View Post
    I have a question regarding multi-dotting. Let's assume that there are 10+ targets that die in about 15-20 seconds and are relatively far away from each other. These targets also must be focused down. (Xavius)

What is the best course of action in this case? Do we put 2 dots on few adds? Only put SWP on many adds and try to benefit from SOI as much as we can? Only put VT on many adds? If it's the latter (VT), would forsaking crit for mastery and choosing San'layn instead of AS be better?
    It depends. If the targets really need to be focused down rather than through mindless multidotting, then the best thing to do is probably to dot up a couple with Shadow Word: Pain and just single target nuke the target you're assigned to, preferably saving Void Torrent to do so if possible. This is assuming there's some sort of assignments going on of which players go on which adds. If it's FFA then you should just dot about 6 - 7 targets with Shadow Word: Pain whilst trying to refresh the targets you dotted up first with Void Bolt, saving Void Torrent until you have the amount of Shadow Word: Pains up that you desire if at all possible (unless the fix to Sphere next build doesn't include Void Torrent, which is more likely than not). You may even be able to dot up more targets within that timeframe but it's hard to judge that just by reading a hypothetical situation. If the adds die within the timeframe you mentioned putting up Vampiric Touch is a waste of time, Shadow Word: Pain ticks faster and synergizes with SI/AS/Sphere. Therefore, San'layn is also quite useless in this situation. In fact there's never going to be situation where San'layn will be the go to multidot talent, as Shadow Word: Pain is just superior in these types of pop up adds situations, unless they change things up significantly.

Is Levitate still gone for Shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Is Levitate still gone for Shadow?
    Nope /10char

Homophobia is so gay.

Nope /10char

Nope, not gone anymore, or nope, still gone?

It was only gone for literally the first alpha build that was released, it's been back ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Why can't our order hall be like this?
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Nope, not gone anymore, or nope, still gone?
    Nope, not gone Your question was a "yes or no" question ! Sorry if I was unclear

Homophobia is so gay.

Nope, not gone Your question was a "yes or no" question ! Sorry if I was unclear

Whoohooooo! And my excitement level for Legion has risen by 10 points! I would have been so so sad to see it go. Thanks for the info!