Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Launch day low ladder meta

Okay I get that everyone is excited about experimenting with WotOGs & trying out new things/wanting to do something other than the typical decks we've had for awhile, but jeez rank 19-16 is bad atm. I've only lost one game so far & that was due to a d/c. Mostly going against slow C'thun decks or bad murloc decks atm. Just playing a tempo mage with Kirin Tor replacements for scientist really.

I'm not a pro ladder player and I am in the lower ladder right now, but even with a bunch of new cards I expected a rougher time than this (though not really going to complain about free temporary win streaks ). How is Standard ladder going for you guys so far?

It was up and down early trying some Cthun/Yogg decks. My first game I played with Yogg I pyroblasted my own face. Immediately rage quit that game and I refuse to play that card again.

I then made a midrange Evolve Shaman deck and wrecked face going 7-1.

Everyone is trying heavy control Cthun decks(well not everyone, like 90% I reckon), but the problem is those decks tend to not run that much card draw and if you don't draw your Cthun you just lose. I was playing as Warrior vs. Priest, both of us using Cthun, and his Cthun actually got bigger(mine was like 19/19, his got like over 25 maybe 29/29), but he never drew his.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    It was up and down early trying some Cthun/Yogg decks. My first game I played with Yogg I pyroblasted my own face. Immediately rage quit that game and I refuse to play that card again.

Everyone is trying heavy control Cthun decks(well not everyone, like 90% I reckon), but the problem is those decks tend to not run that much card draw and if you don't draw your Cthun you just lose. I was playing as Warrior vs. Priest, both of us using Cthun, and his Cthun actually got bigger(mine was like 19/19, his got like over 25 maybe 29/29), but he never drew his.
    Maybe I have good luck, but no one has ever used their C'Thun on me yet.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account

I'm running double FoK, double Azure and Prep-Sprint in mine. Draw hasn't been a problem; even won a game when C'thun was literally the last card in my deck (that was a nailbiter).
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's fun to play these people who've spent hundreds of dollars on new cards day one when I don't have a single one and half the cards I do have are not available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    It's fun to play these people who've spent hundreds of dollars on new cards day one when I don't have a single one and half the cards I do have are not available.
    You didn't save gold?

I've nearly only faced aggro shamans and other various meta decks. I'd say out of 10 games last night only 2 had any WotOG cards at all, and even then other than the cthun deck one was just a druid with a couple feral rages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I've nearly only faced aggro shamans and other various meta decks. I'd say out of 10 games last night only 2 had any WotOG cards at all, and even then other than the cthun deck one was just a druid with a couple feral rages.
    Only old-meta I've faced today has been Patron, a mill rogue and a zoo variant with new cards

It's great. Every other game is an adventure, no idea what my opponent will be playing.

I'm hoping it's a bit more fresh today, last night was a massive disappointment all round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkhs View Post
    I got about ~150 new packs and didn't spend a dime. Sounds to me like someone is bitter that they didn't have the foresight to save up anything.

I won my first four games in a row and never even drew my C'thun. Then again my last two games, my Brann survived and managed to combo him with C'thun... the damage is just out of this world, even with a lightly buffed C'thun

Anyway, it's natural that people will start experimenting with C'thun before moving onto other decks. I sure couldn't resist and I have all but one of the old gods. Other decks will get some traction soon enough, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I got about ~150 new packs and didn't spend a dime. Sounds to me like someone is bitter that they didn't have the foresight to save up anything
    Sounds to me like you already had a head start. You've probably been playing consistently and doing dailies every single day. Some of us took a break because the meta was awful and boring and only came back a month or so ago. I had saved up enough gold for 15 packs, still didn't get much worthwhile (even with the free packs). Maybe you don't understand but HS' system is very much a 'rich get richer' system. If you're behind on cards right now there is virtually no chance to catch up without spending money, even with Standard. I don't even have a complete Classic set (talking rares and epics, not to mention most legendaries), missing most of TGT, and only one wing of LoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Sounds to me like you already had a head start. You've probably been playing consistently and doing dailies every single day. Some of us took a break because the meta was awful and boring and only came back a month or so ago.
    I understand the system just fine, and it's more like a "the lazy don't get rich" system, which is how it is suppose to be. If you decided to take a break while others did their dailies to collect, you can only blame yourself for only having enough for 15 packs. The funny thing is that I could have had a lot more if I started collecting earlier, did more arena, and didn't waste my dust on crafting golden cards.

Decisions, decisions, decisions... and you're responsible for the ones you make.

I understand the system just fine, and it's more like a "the lazy don't get rich" system, which is how it is suppose to be. If you decided to take a break while others did their dailies to collect, you can only blame yourself for only having enough for 15 packs. The funny thing is that I could have had a lot more if I started collecting earlier, did more arena, and didn't waste my dust on crafting golden cards.

Decisions, decisions, decisions... and you're responsible for the ones you make.
    Ok, you seemed to completely miss the point. I'm pointing out that your statement implies someone just wasted all their gold and didn't save anything which is obviously bullshit. Most people do not have a stockpile of gold laying around like you apparently do. You are an outlier, not the norm and it's not for lack of saving that most of us are left without a ton of cards.

Deleted
    Ok, you seemed to completely miss the point. I'm pointing out that your statement implies someone just wasted all their gold and didn't save anything which is obviously bullshit. Most people do not have a stockpile of gold laying around like you apparently do. You are an outlier, not the norm and it's not for lack of saving that most of us are left without a ton of cards.
    What a load of BS... I had the stockpile for that explicit reason, because I consciously decided to save it, and if you think that somehow makes me a rare case, then you need to take a hard look around because plenty of people openly advertised doing the exact same thing, and mind you most of us do not have complete collections either. But we all still managed to do it.

So I'm sorry if you didn't do so (much less even play the game for God knows how long) but those decisions rest on you alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or once people knew an expansion was coming out they saved up as a lot of people did. I had 5.7K gold saved for wotog I normally spend my gold as I get it but when an expac is coming out you save up we had a few months notice.

What a load of BS... I had the stockpile for that explicit reason, because I consciously decided to save it, and if you think that somehow makes me a rare case, then you need to take a hard look around because plenty of people openly advertised doing the exact same thing, and mind you most of us do not have complete collections either. But we all still managed to do it.

So I'm sorry if you didn't do so (much less even play the game for God knows how long) but those decisions rest on you alone.
    LOL 'people openly advertised it'. Yeah, a few people in forums (who are more likely to be more invested in the game) and streamers who are swimming in gold because they get paid to play and buy packs. Whatever, you can pretend it's black and white all you want, catch-up in this game is an absolute bitch for anyone who only holds a casual interest in the game (which is, ironically, their target audience). Once you have a lot of the decent cards gaining gold becomes insanely easier because you are no longer forced into quests with free-to-play decks trying to get wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL 'people openly advertised it'. Yeah, a few people in forums (who are more likely to be more invested in the game) and streamers who are swimming in gold because they get paid to play and buy packs. Whatever, you can pretend it's black and white all you want, catch-up in this game is an absolute bitch for anyone who only holds a casual interest in the game (which is, ironically, their target audience). Once you have a lot of the decent cards gaining gold becomes insanely easier because you are no longer forced into quests with free-to-play decks trying to get wins.
    Mate, literally everyone with common sense was saving gold for the expac as soon as it was announced. It's no big secret, it's just what you do. Even my bros who don't move much past rank 20 had enough for 30-40 packs each bang on release

There really is no big conspiracy that you can only win this game if you spend money on it. As evidenced by countless old threads about the "p2w" malarkey, most people on this board alone are almost entirely non-paying.

Again, if you didn't save, you can't be blaming anyone else. You had PLENTY of warning time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Mate, literally everyone with common sense was saving gold for the expac as soon as it was announced. It's no big secret, it's just what you do. Even my bros who don't move much past rank 20 had enough for 30-40 packs each bang on release

There really is no big conspiracy that you can only win this game if you spend money on it. As evidenced by countless old threads about the "p2w" malarkey, countless people on this board alone are almost entirely non-paying.

Again, if you didn't save, you can't be blaming anyone else. You had PLENTY of warning time.
    I already stated that I did save. Reading comprehension, 'mate'.

Those of you who saved gold must have gotten really lucky over time with the GvG cards. I have no gold because I still don't have all GvG cards so as soon as I get 100 gold I buy a GvG pack to try to get all the cards before those packs are gone forever. I sadly still did not get all the cards. If I had all the GvG cards I might have been able to save up a few hundred gold over the last couple of months.
    I play to do the quests, collect all cards and get to rank 20 for the card back. Someone having thousands of gold is completely incomprehensible to me.

Deleted
    Yeah, a few people in forums (who are more likely to be more invested in the game) ...
    Perhaps, likely, probably... Presumably we can all come up with conditions for why this or that doesn't count because it doesn't fit our perception of the argument. What does it even matter if they are "more invested in the game?" I have a friend who has only ever finished Naxx and even she had enough gold in stock to buy ~30 packs.

Whatever, you can pretend it's black and white all you want, catch-up in this game is an absolute bitch for anyone who only holds a casual interest in the game (which is, ironically, their target audience).
    Now this is just getting hilarious... I am a casual player! Who did you think you were talking to? Some pro player who streams and plays this game all day, everyday? Seriously, you need to stop or you'll hit China soon by the way you're digging that hole underneath yourself.