Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Nope im correct here and u miunderstand my point.

Im stating that there can only be one universal TRUTH to any apsects on reality, the universe, time and space etc. Once a fact is discovered it is immovable. Your examples are merely "work in progress" for scientists. Sure, there are dozens of co-existing theories which are commonly accepted, but there can only be one TRUTH. And once sciecne proves the correct hyypothesis which supercedes the rest then the ones we know now will be put in the trash.

Im talking about universal truth, facts of the universe. Ur talking about the daily pursuit of a scientist.

Scientist will accept whatever universal truth is proven... a religious person already thinks they know the truth based on no evidence.

THAT is the difference im talking about.
    A good scienctist will never stop looking for new facts. And to boil down all religious poeple into one schematic is really narrowminded, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He was talking about god as an omnipotent being. I never said any of us was omnipotent. Although I am getting close these days...
    You implied you could test one of us and deduce if an omnipotent being could exists from that... so which one of us is it that can decide the existance of an omnipotent being? (would that then make them super-omnipotent?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You do not follow because you probably lack logic in your thinkings.

"I understand how chemical reactions work" - typical answer of someone who has zero idea what he's talking about. Evolution is mostly about genetics, not "chemistry", just as there's a difference between physics and chemistry, there's a difference between genetics and chemistry. Only someone with low knowledge about such a thing would say something like that "I understand how chemical reactions work", lol. You can also say that you know how physics works, because well... physics is about almost everything.
    You do realize that you need chemistry to explain biology, and genetics, right? Only different specializations.

"I understand how chemical reactions work" - typical answer of someone who has zero idea what he's talking about. Evolution is mostly about genetics, not "chemistry", just as there's a difference between physics and chemistry, there's a difference between genetics and chemistry. Only someone with low knowledge about such a thing would say something like that "I understand how chemical reactions work", lol. You can also say that you know how physics works, because well... physics is about almost everything.
    If you don't understand how genetics and chemistry/physics are tightly connected, you really have no business telling other people about their lack of knowledge...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You implied you could test one of us and deduce if an omnipotent being could exists from that... so which one of us is it that can decide the existance of an omnipotent being? (would that then make them super-omnipotent?)
    I implied that I can ask you a question that you cannot answer, because it displays a logical paradox excluding a thing as "an omnipotent being" as defined as something that can literally do anything.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I think you got a rather skewed perception of religious believers. The vast majority of Christian, Muslim and Jewish believers actually don't give a fuck about the texts and just want to get through their lives as well as they can. Don't let those extremists fool you into thinking that is what their religion is about.
    No, I don't really. You dont even need to look at "extremists", though the crazies like the Jihadists certainly dont help the case very much. I mean, where exactly does mister Religious Scientist Bananna guy fall on the "level of belief scale", and look at the hoops he jumps through to cram god into his scientific worldveiw, despite how literally every arguement he attempts to make gets literally shredded into confetti when confronted by an actual scientific arguement.

Also, I hate to point this out to you, but if a Christian, Muslim, or Jewish "believer" doesnt actually give a fuck about the text and just want to get through their daily life as well as they can, why the hell consider themselves a "believer" at all? At that point, they are basically just paying lip-service, and are about as religious as the guy who goes to the church pancake service solely for the pancakes they get for free afterwards.......

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    A good scienctist will never stop looking for new facts. And to boil down all religious poeple into one schematic is really narrowminded, you know.
    This I can agree with.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

If you don't understand how genetics and chemistry/physics are tightly connected, you really have no business telling other people about their lack of knowledge...
    Of course they do, but saying that "I know how chemistry reactions work" is showing lack of knowledge(because he didn't say anything useful, I can also say "I know how physics works", so that's mean I'm a good musican because music are waves in the air ). When I see good hair-cutter I don't say "I'm pretty sure he knows a lot about biology", because, well... Hairs are part of the skin and that's biology.

You do realize that you need chemistry to explain biology, and genetics, right? Only different specializations.
    Look up. ^
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-04-27 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    No, I don't really. You dont even need to look at "extremists", though the crazies like the Jihadists certainly dont help the case very much. I mean, where exactly does mister Religious Scientist Bananna guy fall on the "level of belief scale", and look at the hoops he jumps through to cram god into his scientific worldveiw, despite how literally every arguement he attempts to make gets literally shredded into confetti when confronted by an actual scientific arguement.

Also, I hate to point this out to you, but if a Christian, Muslim, or Jewish "believer" doesnt actually give a fuck about the text and just want to get through their daily life as well as they can, why the hell consider themselves a "believer" at all? At that point, they are basically just paying lip-service, and are about as religious as the guy who goes to the church pancake service solely for the pancakes they get for free afterwards.......
    This answer is simple... so simple in fact that you'll be disappointed: Because they feel better doing that.

I implied that I can ask you a question that you cannot answer, because it displays a logical paradox excluding a thing as "an omnipotent being" as defined as something that can literally do anything.
    Allthough you would have to admit that it could be possible in a matter that supercedes the understanding of mortals. Just because we can't imagine it doesn't make it impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they do, but saying that "I know how chemistry reactions work" is showing lack of knowledge. When I see a good driver I don't say "he know how physics works" or when I see good hair-cutter I don't say "I'm pretty sure he knows a lot about biology", because, well... Hairs are part of the skin and that's biology.
    Look up. ^
    So, if I say, I know how the human body works, I show lack of knowledge...? How? I think I'm missing some context here.

lets hope all religions are gone one day(Buddhism are not a religion imo. it just a perspective of life and how to live it)

religion have(almost) just brought misery to the world...and held science and positive change back. we would have had satellites in space hundreds of years ago..had it not been for retardation known as the Catholic church. and yes, darwins(one of many people) brilliant discovery would have come much, much earlier. and just maybe id say the idea of diverse animal life and preservation would have entered earlier as well. after all.. the industrial revolution would likely had come after such a scientific renaissance. as opposed to now..where the money grinding industrial world in many ways came first, and changed the planet for the worse in every shape and form.

the evolution can be proven in so many ways. paleontology is one of them. the evolution have been dug up millions of times
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-04-27 at 12:48 PM.

Allthough you would have to admit that it could be possible in a matter that supercedes the understanding of mortals. Just because we can't imagine it doesn't make it impossible.
    It really can't. That's the thing about logic, when I have two conditions that exclude each other, so only one of them can actually be true, then you can conjure up all kinds of mumbo jumbo and me not being able to understand shit, it'll still make it a paradox.

Edit: I'll be the first to admit it's a bit of a cheat, but there you go, logic doesn't play nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because I believe in creationism doesn't mean I think evolution is false. Until science contradicts my faith, I'll continue believing both. If you show me evidence something exists I'm not going to turn my head and pretend I didn't see it.

Science is really becoming a form of "religion". Just like people who will use religion to force their ways on people, people are doing very much the same with science.

So, if I say, I know how the human body works, I show lack of knowledge...? How? I think I'm missing some context here.
    No. The answer "I know how chemistry reaction works" is just a poor answer of someone who has zero knowledge.

As I said, I can say "I know how physics works", so that means I'm a good musican, because... well, music are waves in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    lets hope all religions are gone one day(Buddhism are not a religion imo. it just a perspective of life and how to live it)

religion have(almost) just brought misery to the world...and held science and positive change back. we would have had satellites in space hundreds of years ago..had it not been for retardation known as the Catholic church. and yes, darwins theory would have come much, much earlier. and just maybe id say the idea of diverse animal life and preservation would have entered earlier as well. after all.. the industrial revolution would likely had come after such a scientific renaissance. as opposed to now..where the money grinding industrial world in many ways came first, and changed the planet for the worse in every shape and form
    Being anti-religious as I am, I still think on average religion brought a net gain to humanity rather than the doom you propose. For every crusade there are millions of people not killing their neighbour over a piece of land. For every jihad, there are millions of people embracing each other in brotherhood rather than alienate each other.

If there's one thing I actually believe in, it's that humantiy as a whole prevails because of the sum of all these things serving our somehow fucked up random instinct to "do it better" than before.

How is the view from up there on that fancy ivory tower. Pitty you typed out that longass deconstruction of my post, without appearing to have any clue regarding what I was talking about in the first place. Perhaps you should go back, and re-read the post I made, and the post it was in reply to, and then pull your head out of your ass and formulate a proper response with the correct context in mind (here is a hint: I wasnt talking about evolution) Cause right now, I am having a fairly good laugh at how far off base you seem to have managed to land.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Just because I believe in creationism doesn't mean I think evolution is false. Until science contradicts my faith, I'll continue believing both. If you show me evidence something exists I'm not going to turn my head and pretend I didn't see it.

Science is really becoming a form of "religion". Just like people who will use religion to force their ways on people, people are doing very much the same with science.
    I wanted to say "and more power to you!" until I read the second paragraph... Why didn't you just stop after the first paragraph?

Being anti-religious as I am, I still think on average religion brought a net gain to humanity rather than the doom you propose. For every crusade there are millions of people not killing their neighbour over a piece of land. For every jihad, there are millions of people embracing each other in brotherhood rather than alienate each other.

If there's one thing I actually believe in, it's that humantiy as a whole prevails because of the sum of all these things serving our somehow fucked up random instinct to "do it better" than before.

simple question. the most peaceful nations on earth today..who are they??? the religious..or non religious......... the answer gives itself my friend.

NOTHING on this planet creates a more US vs THEY mentality then religion

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Also, I hate to point this out to you, but if a Christian, Muslim, or Jewish "believer" doesnt actually give a fuck about the text and just want to get through their daily life as well as they can, why the hell consider themselves a "believer" at all?
    Because people like to feel like they belong to another group of people and trick themselves into believing that they value their values.

It really can't. That's the thing about logic, when I have two conditions that exclude each other, so only one of them can actually be true, then you can conjure up all kinds of mumbo jumbo and me not being able to understand shit, it'll still make it a paradox.
    Logic still only gets you so far. If you assume something like infinite mass and strength exist the way they interact might become unimaginable. It also depends on your definition of omnipotence. If omnipotence means 'able to work outside the laws of logic' the answer could be yes and no at the same time.

No. The answer "I know how chemistry reaction works" is just a poor answer of someone who has zero knowledge.

As I said, I can say "I know how physics works", so that means I'm a good musican, because... well, music are waves in the air.
    Since the original point was why does sperm give off light when they fertilise an egg, and the discussion went on to "because god made it!", actual chemical knowledge is indeed sufficient to know that the fertilisation process results in a surge in calcium that triggers the release of zinc from the egg, which then binds flourescent molecules on the way out that can be observed by a camera.

Literally, all you need to know is chemistry and genetics aren't even involved yet at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    simple question. the most peaceful nations on earth today..who are they??? the religious..or non religious......... the answer gives itself my friend.

NOTHING on this planet creates a more US vs THEY mentality then religion
    I think you're missing the point I'm making. But hey, go ahead and just dive into the tragedies that happen and ignore billions of people living their lives peacfully every day. When you haven't heard it in the News, it didn't happen, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Ok what about the flash of light just revealed when sperm fertilizes an egg?. A flash of light occurs. You anti Christians make me laugh.
    I guess photons are a proof of god then...
    (I'm trying so hard not to laugh, sitting in a full buss and don't want to be the crazy guy that talks to his imaginary frind thal lives in the sky)
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!