Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    You cleared all raids and you say warlocks and warriors werent that good.

Either you were a shit warlock /bad warrior or the the guys in your guild were really bad
    Or he's full of shit, which, considering the drone-like "NOSTALGIADURR" copy-paste, seems the more probable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Lets compare that to other free games then. LoL is free and about 4%-5% of all players pay for even the cheapest thing in their shop.
    Lets say your legacy server gets dubble that, however unlikely. It's still not that many.
    You might want to read the full post, rather than gloss over the final point, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Last ten days.
    It's been plastered all around in the Nost thread, you can only have missed it if you purposedly ignored it. Don't pretend to act honestly, please
    Lol every time I see that number it magically goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    You cleared all raids and you say warlocks and warriors werent that good.

Either you were a shit warlock /bad warrior or the the guys in your guild were really bad
    You've said that a few times now.
    It's obvious you never played vanilla though. Warlocks had one job... Well two on occasion.
    1: Make sure CoE was up so that the real damage dealers could do damage (mage durr).
    2: Tank thoes two bosses that needed a ranged tank (might have been more, I only face-tanked Twin Emps and 4 horse).

Oh yeah and you could spend hours befor evey raid farming your bags full of soul shards so every fucking raider had health boogers only to find out that you were short on shards becasue some asshole was late and could not make it through the 15 rogues that were ganking outside the raid so you had to summon him.

Warlock was a horrible class in every way and while you might have been able to do a bit of damage, if you did, you messed up your mages DPS and your raid lost out on raid DPS so it was just not worth it.

Warlocks sucked in vanilla. They really did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Lol every time I see that number it magically goes up.
    Which number goes magically up ?
    Because the "official" ones have always been the same : 12-16K concurrent players (depends if you count both server or just the first one), 150K active users (logged in the last 10 days), 800K accounts created.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I can deal with it. There just aren't many of you, the guys that actually like that version of WoW.
    A few thousand just aren't enough and you know this.
    Says you. For Blizzard to comment on it, it's clearly in the 100,000k + and its impacting them in a tangible way i.e. many players who have unsubbed.
    Sadly there response can be summarised as:
    - We get you want legacy servers
    - We're going to gloss over admitting we were wrong when we said "You think you do but you dont"
    - We can't let anyone do legacy servers, we checked
    - We've thought about doing legacy servers but its too hard and or expensive
    - How about this idea, where we give you our existing content that you can already do, just strip away some of the "improvements" weve made over the years?
    - Also because we are such great guys we will chat to your Nost HEROS!

Resub to us! ... PLEASE?

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Says you. For Blizzard to comment on it, it's clearly in the 100,000k + and its impacting them in a tangible way i.e. many players who have unsubbed.
    Sadly there response can be summarised as:
    - We get you want legacy servers
    - We're going to gloss over admitting we were wrong when we said "You think you do but you dont"
    - We can't let anyone do legacy servers, we checked
    - We've thought about doing legacy servers but its too hard and or expensive
    - How about this idea, where we give you our existing content that you can already do, just strip away some of the "improvements" weve made over the years?
    - Also because we are such great guys we will chat to your Nost HEROS!

Resub to us! ... PLEASE?
    Ahah it's so exactly that

Though I'm not sure if I should laugh or shake my head in disgust :-/

Which number goes magically up ?
    Because the "official" ones have always been the same : 12-16K concurrent players (depends if you count both server or just the first one), 150K active users (logged in the last 10 days), 800K accounts created.
    Those numbers, lol. They are always different. I've seen people quote 2 million account, 250k active users, etc.

Also, the server admins that ran Nost easily could have made money... but people always say "they said they didnt!"

I've also seen "active user" described as different things... as in: active in the last 5,7,10,14,21,30,60 days... get your facts straight pirate server people.

Those numbers, lol. They are always different. I've seen people quote 2 million account, 250k active users, etc.

Also, the server admins that ran Nost easily could have made money... but people always say "they said they didnt!"

I've also seen "active user" described as different things... as in: active in the last 5,7,10,14,21,30,60 days... get your facts straight pirate server people.
    Get your facts straight, because from the getgo were given on Nostalrius' site as 800k registered, 150k active, 15k concurrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Get your facts straight, because from the getgo were given on Nostalrius' site as 800k registered, 150k active, 15k concurrent.
    Again, I see those numbers quoted differently almost every time. Hell, I'm sure thats happened in this thread.

Would be hilarious if Blizzard reset everything back to patch 1.11.0 for a month or so. I bet by the end of it people would be literally begging to be let back into their garrisons .

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    His point is that other people need to get their facts straight. And what does active actually mean?
    I don't care for the pissing contest. I'm taking their word for it, just like we just have to take Blizzard on their word when they said they had X amount of active players, or the hundreds of other games that have used the phrase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last ten days.
    It's been plastered all around in the Nost thread, you can only have missed it if you purposedly ignored it. Don't pretend to act honestly, please
    So, it's 150000 accounts that allegedly been logged on for which 10 days exactly? Don't tell me "the last days nost server was up" because it'll only ruin this already laughable argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    That fun moment where people ruin the topic by derailing the thread in to a Nostalrius discussion. Broaden the view, guys. I am against sitting in a frozen condition of no progress and no content, the thing called Legacy but even I am getting tired of the fact that you cannot bring other viable examples than nostalrius and then turns the topic in to that.

To be honest, I have admitted it before, I would rather a pristine server. I have seen the old days, and they weren't golden enough to stay stuck there. I have nostalgic feelings for it, but going on a Legacy server/Private server doesn't allow me to re-experience those memories. It's just raiding the tomb of a good game version.

I always had this belief that one of the reasons a legacy server isn't on the board, is because there isn't any business benefit with it if they don't know if people are willing to pay more subscription or a special subscription just to have access.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Again, I see those numbers quoted differently almost every time. Hell, I'm sure thats happened in this thread.
    I don't care for "BUT SOMEONE ELSE...". There's three numbers that are right from Nostalrius. Just tell someone if they're using the wrong thing, instead of trying to throw this bullshit at people who aren't saying it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, it's 150000 accounts that allegedly been logged on for which 10 days exactly? Don't tell me "the last days nost server was up" because it'll only ruin this already laughable argument.
    I don't believe you can use their activity numbers from the day they were told, to the day they were shut down. Those aren't really reliable numbers, only bolstered because people finally realized that it was going down. Even though Nostalrius team apparently admitted they wouldn't have been able to run for much longer anyways.

The ten most linked screenshots of a huge crowd I've seen from said server were all within the shutdown period.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Would be hilarious if Blizzard reset everything back to patch 1.11.0 for a month or so. I bet by the end of it people would be literally begging to be let back into their garrisons .
    They'll just unsub and move on like any decent adult would do, instead of crying and bitching about changed stuff
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    But just some months ago you were crapping on legacy servers and anyone playing on it.

Yep. I did. I still think that Vanilla is bad, and I still think that we don't need Vanilla servers. As for Nostalrius, I've seen some printscreens, and the community looked nice. WoD isn't my cup of tea, so I would have played Nolstalrius, even if I'm not a fan of Vanilla WoW.

Also, someone is stalking me
    jk, love u

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't believe you can use their activity numbers from the day they were told, to the day they were shut down. Those aren't really reliable numbers, only bolstered because people finally realized that it was going down. Even though Nostalrius team apparently admitted they wouldn't have been able to run for much longer anyways.

The ten most linked screenshots of a huge crowd I've seen from said server were all within the shutdown period.
    I don't believe that we can use their activity numbers at all, because, well, they could easily be made up, and they are irrelevant to the discussion anyways.
    In worst case scenario - these numbers are simply a lie.
    In best case scenario - these numbers are true, and in last 10 days of nost existence they've got bunch of players into their server who wanted to check it out (thanks to heavy advertisement) and cherry picked this statistic

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I don't care for the pissing contest. I'm taking their word for it, just like we just have to take Blizzard on their word when they said they had X amount of active players, or the hundreds of other games that have used the phrase.
    I guess you'll take Blizzards word for it when they say they can't make a legacy server then, right?